Register Register

Author Topic: BattleTech Long Island II  (Read 104076 times)

eilidhdawn

• Master Sergeant
Re: BattleTech Long Island II
« Reply #1380 on: 07 April 2021, 08:48:09 »
                                                                    Crowning Glory Tea Room 

Indulge in our full Afternoon Tea Service complete with savories, salad, scones, sweets, and all the tea you desire from our extensive world class collection. Enjoy all the varieties you like while you are here. It is our pleasure to keep your teapot full! Ask about our Teddy Bear Tea for the children in your party. Our tea rooms serve an extraordinary menu in a heavenly atmosphere that fosters true friendship, camaraderie, and the making of beautiful memories. Sip endless pots full of award winning teas and dine on a sumptuous array of homemade savories and sweets you will not find anywhere else, served on three tiers of fine china, by hosts and hostesses who have a heart for hospitality. Our private individual tea parlors each celebrate a different theme, or culture, and the exceptional lives of people who have given us glimpses of heaven. Our parlors are special and quaint, room enough for you and one or two, perhaps three or five, of your best friends or associates to speak heart to heart while sipping tea on tufted sofas and generously stuffed wingback chairs. For larger parties, we have appointed Mary's Garden, and Elena's Parlour our main english tea rooms which may each seat up to thirty, in charming decor that celebrates the beauty of nature through an array of glorious florals. We hope to see you often, keeping alive the fine english tradition of taking time away from the bustle and scurry of everyday life to enjoy good times with those we cherish.   

Located in the Four Seasons Tower, Downtown Hilo directly across Grand Boulevard from Central Station, Hilo 

51 Ryu per person including tax and gratuity, by reservation only 

>>> the establishment is of course popular with the social elite, tea enthusiasts and connoisseurs, but also with soccer moms, girls social gatherings, and bridal parties, and with the intelligence and business communities <<<   

« Last Edit: 07 April 2021, 09:20:41 by eilidhdawn »

eilidhdawn

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1381 on: 07 April 2021, 09:59:58 »
Mr. Arkady Borosakov
Mr. Isamu Kawai
Mr. Frederick 'Duke' Bosch, Lt. General retired
Tai-i Neville Rhodes
Kapten Marius Bjornsen
Captain Quintin Bonano
Sho-sa Kono Kalakaua
Major Crash Cranson
Major Kiah Lorrien Rosen Franks
Colonel Euron Greyjoy
Dr. Kira Musashi   

Receive by messenger in the second week of April, a thirty two centimeter by eleven centimeter by eleven centimeter hand carved, hand painted silk lined cypress box with sakura and ume blossoms both on the box and silk. It contains several azurite and ochre tie-dyed silk wrapped scrolls adorned with ribbons of vermillion and reseda sealed by a wax mon with three individually marked koi circling each other in a triskele pattern. The scrolls contain sheets of watermarked Four Treasures thousand year paper with hand brushed kanji and calligraphy in your native language...   

Amalaa Sugai joyfully requests your presence on the second Sunday in May of this year to celebrate Hanami. This glad meeting to occur at two pm on the receiving line of the Garden Party at the Shizuka Teien {serene gardens} of Honeystone Manor in Fountain Hills, Nemora, {woodlands, grove} Hilo. The party begins with selections of sake, savory canapes, and cocktails at three. This will be followed by Afternoon Tea on the Tree Court Lawn at five. Afterward there will be leisure and mingling accompanied by The Nightingale Ensemble, Mariachi Artistico, and Modern Hogaku with selections of sake, sweet canapes, and cocktails. The festivities will conclude after sunset with the launch of floating lantern wishes. 

Friends are like flowers in the garden of life.

It is preferred that gentlemen wear Lounge Suits, Morning Attire, a Service Dress Uniform, or Kimono. It is also preferred that ladies wear a Day Dress with hat or fascinator, a Service Dress Uniform, or Houmongi. It is recommended that wedge heels or geta are worn and that you bring a parasol. 

You will understand that security is vital, please do make sure to bring all relevant documents and that all weapons are properly peace bound. 

Chef Tomasz Skowronski, Chef Daniela Soto, and Patissier Nik Nakayama respectfully request to be informed of any dietary concerns.

Included is a map with directions to Honeystone Manor via road and public transportation, with instructions for where to park. There are also instructions for where drivers should let off passengers, where drivers may wait with their vehicles, and where drivers may retrieve passengers.

Kindly Reply by April the Thirty First   

« Last Edit: 08 April 2021, 12:38:01 by eilidhdawn »

eilidhdawn

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1382 on: 07 April 2021, 17:36:39 »
Waysides are automated rest stops mandatorily located every seven hundred fifty kilometers on tollways and primary highways. [avg. fuel range for semi trucks is 2300 km] They can accomodate up to fifty vehicles, all equipped as overnight bays. They may have small landing areas for aircraft, a few have docks. They may have scenic overlooks, weather shelters, or traffic buffers. The amenities include phones, fuel dispensers, vehicle charging stations, toilets (with japanese style bidet), shaded picnic tables, maps, and weather boards. There are a large number of touchscreen vending machines selling a wide variety of products like hot beverages, media (light novels, tv-shows, magazines, music etc.), hot meals, ice cream, canned coffee, movie and game rentals, snacks, ice, sneakers, gashapon, candy, umbrellas, electronic gadgets, ties, fresh farmstand products (e.g. eggs, honey), condoms, fortunes, computers and accessories, toys, souvenirs, t-shirts, fresh flowers, masks, business cards, fresh baked pizza, instant ramen, manga, canned bread etc.. They also have wifi, emergency satlinks, waste receptacles, recycling receptacles, robot cleaners - both for the facility and vehicles, water, first aid kits, repair kits, and power stations for heat, ac, tablets, smartphones, small appliances, etc.. There are also small parts and tool lockers. All transactions at waysides are through electronic payment methods. They are maintained by the Chiku or landhold they occupy, but are  generally operated by corporate contractors that refill the dispensers, maintain and repair the machinery, and clean the facility. Waysides have alpha numerical designations referring to their location and build date.   

« Last Edit: 07 April 2021, 17:42:08 by eilidhdawn »

ogremage

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1383 on: 07 April 2021, 18:13:40 »
Mr. Arkady Borosakov
Mr. Isamu Kawai
Tai-i Neville Rhodes
Tai-i Kono Kalakaua
Kapten Marius Bjornsen
Captain Quintin Bonano
Major Crash Cranson
Colonel Euron Greyjoy
Dr. Kira Musashi   

Receive by messenger in the second week of April, a thirty two centimeter by eleven centimeter by eleven centimeter hand carved, hand painted silk lined cypress box with sakura and ume blossoms both on the box and silk. It contains several azurite and ochre tie-dyed silk wrapped scrolls adorned with ribbons of vermillion and reseda sealed by a wax mon with three individually marked koi circling each other in a triskele pattern. The scrolls contain sheets of watermarked Four Treasures thousand year paper with hand brushed kanji and calligraphy in your native language...   

Amalaa Sugai joyfully requests your presence on the second Sunday in May of this year to celebrate Hanami. This glad meeting to occur at two pm on the receiving line of the Garden Party at the Shizuka Teien {serene gardens} of Honeystone Manor in Fountain Hills, Nemora, {woodlands, grove} Hilo. The party begins with selections of sake, savory canapes, and cocktails at three. This will be followed by Afternoon Tea on the Tree Court Lawn at five. Afterward there will be leisure and mingling accompanied by The Nightingale Ensemble, Mariachi Artistico, and Modern Hogaku with selections of sake, sweet canapes, and cocktails. The festivities will conclude after sunset with the launch of floating lantern wishes. 

It is preferred that gentlemen wear Lounge Suits, Morning Attire, a Service Dress Uniform, or Kimono. It is also preferred that ladies wear a Day Dress with hat or fascinator, a Service Dress Uniform, or Houmongi. It is recommended that wedge heels or geta are worn and that you bring a parasol. 

You will understand that security is vital, please do make sure to bring all relevant documents and that all weapons are properly peace bound. 

Chef Tomasz Skowronski, Chef Daniela Soto, and Patissier Nik Nakayama respectfully request to be informed of any dietary concerns.

Included is a map with directions to Honeystone Manor via road and public transportation, with instructions for where to park. There are also instructions for where drivers should let off passengers, where drivers may wait with their vehicles, and where drivers may retrieve passengers.

OOG I presume that Nejiro has more than 30 days in April because Terra doesn't, it only has 30.
"Duke" will ask for assistance from the cultural liaison to help respond to this obvious skilled and beautiful artistically hand crafted invitation appropriately and in kind affirmitively. (OOG does the invite allow for +1s). "Duke" will also inquire of the cultural liaison if it is possible to have a kimono hand made in time for the gathering, rather than just "buying one of the rack"

eilidhdawn

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1384 on: 07 April 2021, 18:42:03 »

Yes every month on Nejiro has thirty one days

The invite does not allow for plus ones

Your cultural liaison will be more than happy to assist you with your reply

If you inquire about the handmade kimono within days of receiving the invitation, one of pre-made fabric will be successfully crafted for you

ogremage

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1385 on: 07 April 2021, 19:57:13 »
the inquiry about the kimono will be made immediately after reading the invitation, "Duke" will ask the cultural liaison if she would be willing to accompany him to the gathering in an official capacity to hopefully avoid any cultural "faux pas". They can't object if she is with him in an official capacity, as my unit is new to the planet and primarily comprised of Lyrans.

eilidhdawn

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1386 on: 07 April 2021, 22:21:16 »

Militia Oases are automated military supply depots. Oases are constructed like small bunkers, many are camouflaged, and some are partially or wholly underground. Many have areas suitable for landing VTOLs, some have docks for patrol boats. They have fuel and water dispensers, power stations, and communications. Some have vending machines but they are only stocked with non-perishables, candy, and snacks. There are secure lockers with munitions, weapons, armor, trauma medical kits, rations, refit and repair kits, parts, tools, even boots and uniforms to refit and repair units as necessary. Right of way is obtained only with the proper encrypted access cards, codes, and biological data in some cases. The militia oases were first built along, or near the tollways to serve the Nejiro Defense Troop. These oases are maintained through the budget and personnel of the Nejiro Defense Troop and the Ministry of Defense and the Ministry of the Military. In the present, all Ichizoku Militias, and some NPO (Nejiro Peace Officers) units may access these oases, with their access cards and codes providing tracking for budgetary concerns. Also in the present the militia oases system has greatly expanded as the Nejiro Defense Troop and the Ministry of Defense have added classified locations to the militia oasis system that are only accessible by the Nejiro Defense Troop, and pre-screened personnel with the correct clearance levels. The NPO has built their own oases for their SRU and emergency response units. Most Ichizoku militias have also built their own oases on their landhold, on territory they regularly patrol (these must receive the permission of the Chiku they occupy), and possibly on other properties the Ichizoku own. Many of these are known only to the individual militia who build and maintain them.     

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #1387 on: 08 April 2021, 02:27:29 »
the inquiry about the kimono will be made immediately after reading the invitation, "Duke" will ask the cultural liaison if she would be willing to accompany him to the gathering in an official capacity to hopefully avoid any cultural "faux pas". They can't object if she is with him in an official capacity, as my unit is new to the planet and primarily comprised of Lyrans.

“I will be more than happy to take you to a very good tailor in Hilo to help you with your kimono.” Molly will inform “Duke”.  “I am not so sure that I can go with you. The invitations are for the Commanders of the GSF and DCA ground forces. I do not think it would wise for me to go. Amalaa Sugai takes great care with the invitations for this event.”

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #1388 on: 08 April 2021, 02:31:13 »
"Now then, gentlemen."  Euron takes a sip of his drink and turns back to the VTOL crew.  "It just so happens that I have a Hawk Moth that requires a proper crew.  It might be a little faster with a slightly smaller main gun, but I'm sure it shouldn't be beyond the scope of your abilities.  As Caesar is no more and Cornelius here is vouching for you personally, I may be willing to overlook your, shall we say, "checkered past" and give you regular work as part of the Ironborn.  However, I will have to subject you to evaluation by the Governor before hiring you.  Most likely, she will grant you amnesty provided you were not culpable in any major war crimes or terrorist acts.  Then, if you pass muster, we can talk turkey."

Euron receives a call from the BA soldiers outside.  "Sir, we're attracting a crowd.  Some of them are wanting to take pictures."
"Let them."  Euron responds.
"I think some of them want selfies too."  The trooper adds.
"So long as they keep their hands off the equipment, I'll allow it, Corporal."
Victarion looks out the window.  "Colonel, I think the press are here too."  He points to a news van just arriving.
"Perfect."  Euron exclaims, finishing his drink.  "Corporal,"  He says back into his communicator.  "Tell the press I'll be out shortly to make a statement.  Gentlemen,"  Euron returns to the VTOL crew.  "if you'd be so kind as to get in the Badger outside, I'll be with you so I can deal with the other reason my friends and I came in force.  Cornelius, you and the others go with them for now.  If you'll excuse me."

By now, the warrior otakus are snapping photos left and right as Euron and Victarion walk over to the news van where the lead BA trooper, Corporal Tranh, is holding the news crew in place, his armored bulk intimidating a few of them.  Euron waves off Tranh and speaks to the press.

"First, I would like to make a sincere apology to the Dai-Ishizoku in charge of this city for bringing my vehicle and Armored troops within the city limits.  It was not my intention to alarm them or the militia."  He says into the camera.  "Second, my business here was the taking into custody of a pair of pilots who are suspected of being former members of Caesar's Legion.  They will be taken to the proper authorities for verbal depositions and evaluation.  Third, I'm sure many of your viewers have seen the vids of the Ironborn engaging in war games with forces from the Com Guard and the GSF.  Allow me to give the purpose of said war games.  They were meant as training trials for a new group of Ironborn Mechwarriors.  I encourage you as well as representatives of the local Ishizoku and Dai-Ishizoku to come to Camp Haken in three days time for the formal reveal of our new graduates as well as the machines they will be operating going forward.  Thank you.  That will be all."

Euron turns away any questions with curt replies and tells the viewers to tune in in three days.

"And that, dear brother,"  He says to Victarion, smiling.  "is how I play at being a politician."

At many Ichizoku offices the invitations to the Ironborn event are opened. Most look forward to this, some have a problem with the timing as they only have three days to have someone attend.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #1389 on: 08 April 2021, 02:43:11 »
Kapten Bjornsen will be sending out Quartermaster Quist to help find or order a mobile M.A.S.H. unit with 5 theaters and a hoist/mini crane so that they can lift severely wounded patients gently while still maintaining positioning on backboards and such. Also make it easy to drive through tough conditions to help facilitate on-scene medic solutions. I'm thinking of providing access to the civilian authorities if needed for this as well. He is also looking into providing an APC to accompany the MASH unit for firefighter, paramedics, or other rescue personnel in case of emergency. Also for the future a mobile command center(containing remote sensor deployment capability and satellite comm gear) and a Karnov to transport Rescue Command(the MASH, APC, and MCC)

Majid Juhan Micheals will inform Natanael Quist of some of the companies on world that may be of help to finding or building the equipment that Winter’s Dream is be looking for. The MASH will be something that will need to be imported. The APC for transport of SAR personal can be custom made from the production lines on world. The Karnov will have to be for a later date or imported.

eilidhdawn

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1390 on: 08 April 2021, 04:12:32 »
Nejiroan Major News Outlets

ComStar Associated Press News Service - digital/media
MercNet - digital/media
Financial Times - print
Heritage Broadcasting Company public broadcasting (HBC, HBC News) - media/digital
Heritage Broadcasting Company public radio (HBC Radio 3) - radio/digital
Hilo TV 3 (Hilo3) - media
Look - magazine/digital/social media
MustSee Travelogue - magazine/digital/social media
Caeruleum Broadcast Network {blue} (CBN) - media/radio/social media
Nejiro News 1 (NN1) - media/digital
Redstone News (Akashi) - media/radio/digital/social media
Science News - print/digital/media
Sentinel News - print/digital
The Gazette - print/digital
Voice of the Dragon - print/digital
Nongchang Baogao {farm report} - print/digital/media/social media
Watchmen News Network (WNN) - media/digital
Luxury Standard - magazine/digital/social media
Nejiroan Banker - print/digital
Hilo Herald - print/digital
Hilo Herald Society Pages - print/digital/social media
Culture Trip - blog
JustLuxe - magazine/digital
Spark News (Spark) - media/digital
Founders Institute Journal - print
Nejiro Broadcasting Channel public broadcasting (NBC) - media/digital
Cirque Radio - radio/digital
KZOO Radio - radio
Mogul Media News (Mogul) - radio/media/digital/print
Bridges Courier-Express - print
The Chronicle - print/digital
Knights Archives - print/digital
Holopuni News Service - digital/media
Edge Media (Edge) - media/digital/print
Nikko News Network (Nikko News) - media/digital
Stars & Bars independent military news - print/digital/social media
MyNetworkTV (mynetwork) - media
The Military Press - print/digital
Parameters - print
The Grass Ocean Times - print/digital
Aqua Network News (Aqua) - media
Scales - print/digital
The Guardian - print/digital
Nejiro Live - media/digital
Reuters Interstellar News - media/digital
Global Post - print/digital/media
Nejiro Today - print/digital/media
The Times - print/digital
National Broadcasting Network News (NBNN) - media/digital
Tairiku Broadcast Channel News (TBC) - media/digital
Stellar Broadcast Network News (SBN) - media/digital

not a major news outlet, but extremely interested in everything the GSF does
Mech Otaku - blog/digital/social media

« Last Edit: 08 April 2021, 19:10:19 by eilidhdawn »

eilidhdawn

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1391 on: 08 April 2021, 20:41:23 »

Service Plazas may accomodate cars, but cater to trucks, rv's, and buses, - especially convoys and digital nomad caravans, and must accommodate at least two hundred vehicles. Some of the larger service plazas accommodate as many as one thousand vehicles. They are located where tollways and highways connect or cross, at major traffic outlets, along high volume convoy routes, and near recreational and commercial destinations. Their amenities may include separate service stations - both full service maintenance and repair stations, vehicle wash services, barbers and/or salons, laundrey facilities, lending libraries, private showers, vehicle showrooms, gym facilities, toilets (with japanese style bidet), motels, restaurants, pubs, izakaya (japanese style casual bar), convenience stores, farmstands, retail shops, scales, load boards, power stations, theaters, arcades, casinos, game rooms (billiards, darts, mahjong), media and entertainment lounges, pleasure quarters, quiet lounges, prayer rooms, stables and kennels, health clinics that treat people and animals, business centers, sento {public baths}, news boards, and weather boards. Like waysides all transactions are by electronic payment method. Service Plazas also honor the programs and accounts of fleets and convoys. They are built and maintained by the Chiku, metropolitan area, or landhold they occupy, but are operated (for the most part) by corporate contractors, sometimes several different ones. Names are at the discretion of the Chiku, landhold, or metropolitan area they reside in, but many have courtesy names provided by the contractor, and a few have art names given by their patrons.   

eilidhdawn

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1392 on: 08 April 2021, 21:15:49 »

Road Stations are greatly condensed service plazas and are for the most part owned and operated independently. They rarely accommodate more than seventy five vehicles. Many are found along Nejiro's many rivers and lakes. They often house their own, or local agricultural farmstands and/or fish markets. Many include campgrounds or primitive camp sites. Road Stations mostly keep to electronic payment methods. They are customarily located along or near tollways and highways, but their are outliers, such as remote locations central to several nearby agricultural villages. There are also a number of independent road stations owned and operated by corporations. There are also some independent road stations owned and operated by villages. Names are at the discretion of the owner or Charter holder.

eilidhdawn

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1393 on: 08 April 2021, 23:36:09 »
All cities, almost all towns, and most villages on Nejiro have some sort of rail station, but a large number of villages and a very small number of towns have only unpaved roadways.
While rail is the backbone of transit on Nejiro, roadways are an important part of its intermodal freight transport system.
Nejiroans drive on the left side of the roadway. The civilian speed limit is 130kph, urban/town roadways have a speed limit of 70kph, residential and school zone roadways have a speed limit of 45kph. Roadways are patrolled by the NPO, the Nejiro Defense Troop, Ichizoku militias, and by local law enforcement units. Most civilian vehicles are electric or are hybrids that use hydrogen fuel cells. All roadways must meet or exceed the standards set by the Environmental Protection Agency, the Ministry of Transport, and by the Ministry of Public Safety.

Tollways are the heavily engineered and reinforced road system designed to move multiple heavy military convoys quickly across the continent of Tairiku. [29.8 million sq km = 11.5 million sq miles] They are designed to be easily accessed and/or exited at most any point of the roadways by the planetary militia, the Nejiro Defense Troop. The road system was designed by Shuji Sugai - Izanagi, then built on the advice of the Nejiro Defense Troop leadership, with the advocacy of the Military Ministry, and the Ministry of Defense, and the blessing of Parliament. They are constructed of prefab sections that contain a geothermal earth loop system to prevent ice; solar panels along the edges to support the fiber optics and electric wiring for the programmable RGB lights that are also along the edges of each section to communicate traffic, weather, and other road hazards with symbols (generally kanji), and colors; and a multilayer compound road surface with armor, skid resistance, drainage and shock absorption. The tollways also have a variety of sensors and cameras running along and within the prefab sections to identify road hazards. Tollways have a maximum of three extra wide lanes in each direction, with no meridians. The Nejiro Defense Troop, Ichizoku militias, emergency response, and law enforcement vehicles are the only vehicles exempt from tolls, and only in the course of their duties. The tolls are collected via rfid passes connected to electronic payment methods and are used to maintain the road system. Major repairs and upgrades are covered by a fund, The Tollway Project, that is contributed to from the budgets of the Ministry of Defense, the Military Ministry, the Nejiro Defense Troop, and also the Chiku, and landholds they occupy. New construction of a tollway must be authorized by Parliament. Tollways are numbered in the order they are constructed.

Highways are wide multilane reinforced roadways with meridians and a maximum of eight lanes in each direction. They are designed to connect tollways to other roadways and destinations, to facilitate civilian convoy travel, and to connect far away destinations to each other. They are constructed to withstand a high volume of heavy vehicles. They may be built, alone or cooperatively, by any of the chiku, metropolitan areas, cities, landholds, towns or industrial parks that need them. Many chiku require the authorization of the office of their Common House MP to build highways. They are constructed and maintained by the budget(s) of the land(s) they occupy. They are also sometimes funded by tolls, or by government, guild, and/or foundation grants. There are several classes of highways: primary a convoy route, expressway a fast moving, efficient route from location to location; motorway a commercial commuter route; parkway a scenic, tree and foliage lined route to, or through leisure and recreational destinations; and dual carriageway a roadway designed with increased safety features, that has trees, foliage, and fences lining the sides and meridian of the roadway as traffic buffers. Highways have alpha numeric designations that refer to their class and the order in which they were constructed, though they often have colloquial names derived from the designer or builders project name. 

« Last Edit: 09 April 2021, 00:43:52 by eilidhdawn »

Devondra

• Sergeant
« Reply #1394 on: 09 April 2021, 00:08:37 »

Kinly Reply by April the Thirty First   
[/quote]

Kiah has her secretary send confirmation of acceptance and asks her secretary to find a seamstress so a correct outfit can be made

eilidhdawn

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1395 on: 09 April 2021, 05:33:50 »

The following roadways may be constructed and maintained by any private owner, or chartered village, industrial park, town, city, metropolitan area, or chiku that needs them. They are maintained through the  budgets of the authority that built them, sometimes with the assistance of a toll or other user fees. Names are at the discretion of the authority that built them. 

Roads are roadways that travel to destinations, through destinations, and connect highways and tollways to other destinations. Roads generally have at most three lanes in either direction, and are not heavily reinforced. Some roads have special lanes for motorcycles, atvs, or agricultural vehicles. Most roads only have pedestrian footpaths, and/or cycle paths in residential areas, and sometimes in agricultural areas.   

Avenues are wide multilane roadways, some with meridians, that travel through locations and connect to roads and streets. Large cities, and metropolitan areas may have avenues with as many as six lanes of traffic in either direction. They have wide pedestrian footpaths on both sides of the roadway, many have special lanes for bicycles. Landscaped, tree and foliage lined avenues are called Boulevards.

Streets travel through locations, and connect to roads, avenues, other streets, and lanes. They have a maximum of two traffic lanes in each direction, with pedestrian footpaths on both sides. They are lined with buildings in commercial or industrial areas, and with trees in residential areas. Many have special lanes for bicycles. 

Lanes are narrow residential roadways, that have at most one lane of traffic in each direction, with wide pedestrian footpaths and special bicycle lanes. They are always heavily lined with trees and foliage to buffer traffic noise.   

Paths are unpaved roadways (sometimes covered in gravel, and occasionally cobblestone) that are found largely in agricultural areas, or tulou { large circular enclosed fortified 'earthen' buildings with very thick walls (some with transmetal domes over the interior) up to five stories in height - housing as many as eight hundred residents in the interior buildings, found mostly in the agricultural areas of Nejiro}. Paths are used at large scale, long term construction areas, mining areas, and within leisure and recreational areas. They are also used in urban residential areas, usually as hutong {narrow alley} within and around siheyuan {chinese quadrangles}. 

« Last Edit: 09 April 2021, 05:37:16 by eilidhdawn »

ObnoxiousTwerp

• Sergeant
« Reply #1396 on: 09 April 2021, 17:15:45 »
Grandmother's response of acceptance will be formally phrased and calligraphed by she herself with full formal presentation, hand delivered by courier less than a day later.

Tai-i Rhodes' acceptance will be far more... appropriate.  The parchment is of a very expensive quality, but the sort available to someone without the contacts to get the really good custom stuff and is settling for the really good stuff that can be found by a novice.  To someone of Sugai's discerning eye, the calligraphy is that of someone expert in Kanji and presentation, probably a secretary or some such.  His acceptance is delivered by courier about a week after the invitation is received.

Mr. Arkady Borosakov
Mr. Isamu Kawai
Tai-i Neville Rhodes
Kapten Marius Bjornsen
Captain Quintin Bonano
Sho-sa Kono Kalakaua
Major Crash Cranson
Colonel Euron Greyjoy
Dr. Kira Musashi   

eilidhdawn

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1397 on: 09 April 2021, 19:28:34 »
Luxury Standard
Deaqon James

The outermost moon of Jovian, Hebe is a dense rocky airless spheroid six thousand seven hundred ninety four kilometers in diameter, with a gravity of four point seven meters per second squared outside the geodesic transmetal domes. The first houses the most exclusive yacht club for Nejiro's wealthiest adventurers. The Corinthian Yacht Club is located on a hill overlooking the other dome, its five hundred ha grounds include the expansive clubhouse, and a private marina of one hundred thirty airlocked elevator berths with maintenance and repair facilities. Membership of this exclusive, private club extends to over seven hundred resident and nonresident members. The clubhouse boasts a fine display of memorabilia - trophies, exhibition models, paintings and photographs compete for the attention of the curious visitor. The successful applicant is welcomed with an ice breaking cocktail party and a gala dinner in their honor. The clubhouse was recently redesigned by renowned architect Foster Norman and stands out as a distinctive building on its own. The elegant futuristic facade looks out over Port Fortuna with phenomenal views of Jovian, its rings and moons. Now included in the clubhouse is a sumptuous shopping arcade overflowing with designer boutiques, and state of the art function and conference rooms large enough to accomodate a wedding party, business meeting, or anniversary bash - possibly all three at once, should you wish. Quiet private member lounges, cartography suites, cigar and billiards rooms round off the convivial social experience in a sleek and effortlessly comfortable manner.
Ship captains and crews have access to free wifi and media, private laundrey and shower facilities, crew quarters, kitchens, and all the docking services you might expect, including secure and controlled marina access. There is also access to clubhouse guest rooms and to the Corinthian Terrace Restaurant and Bar. The private marina has a full service staff to cater for all your bespoke requirements and a fully equipped ships chandlery to supply all your inventory needs. Members may charter the club vessels Cleopatra, Athena, and Sheba for private cruises, and corporate functions. So whatever rocks your boat the Corinthian has it covered.
If you can tear yourself away from the lavish clubhouse, Port Fortuna covers nine hundred ha, with a three hundred berth marina, it has much to offer and boasts a coterie of the rich and famous. An impressive array of upscale shops, bars, clubs, salons, pleasure quarters, bistros, theaters, concert halls, stadia, fine cuisine, casinos, luxury resort hotels, and spas provide the epitome of the luxury travel experience. The sales offices of a number of prominent yacht chartering and yacht building companies are located nearby the marina should you fancy a cruise. The exclusive environs of the Casino Bellona regularly plays host to the star studded Izar Poker Tour in May, which in its most recent tournament awarded an eighty seven million c-bill prize, with eighteen million c-bills going to the winner Aaron Zang. The Bellona is also the exclusive host to the very popular and crowd pleasing Golden Cage MMA Tournament throughout the month of June, which is televised throughout the Izar Cluster. With over thirty percent of the population composed of multimillionaires, you could find yourself rubbing shoulders with some very influential folk indeed. and maybe a Bond villain or two, to boot.   

« Last Edit: 09 April 2021, 20:06:02 by eilidhdawn »

eilidhdawn

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1398 on: 09 April 2021, 20:57:42 »

search stub:geisha
historical archive

A reviewer of "The Last Concubine" in the highly respected Literary Review wrote: "The author, who lived in Japan for many years, has published nonfiction accounts of the lives of the geishas, and capitalizes on recent western interest in their esoteric vanished world with her detailed depiction of Sachi's life in the rarefied harem." I am very grateful for the review, but I have to point that my book has nothing to with geishas. Another journalist also wrote to me: "Your book 'Madame Sadayakko' was a success. Now you return to the topic of the geishas. Why are you so fascinated about this world? And how was the life of geisha in the Palace of the Women?"
Geishas and concubines have absolutely nothing in common other than being Japanese women.
'The Last Concubine' is about the concubines of the Shogun, who were usually aristocratic ladies chosen to be the Shogun's 'second wife' or 'third wife' and hopefully to bear a son for him to be future shogun. To be a concubine was a highly coveted honor and concubines were formally recognized in a ceremony much like a marriage.
Geisha and courtesans on the other hand were (and are) part of the demi monde. Geisha are entertainers - the word means artistes - who performed dances and songs to private gatherings, usually of men. In old Japan they were at the very bottom of the social system (like actresses in the Victorian west - think 'Don't put your daughter on the stage Mrs. Worthington'). Traditionally they were not supposed to sell sex. That was the courtesans job and they were prohibited from stealing the courtesans clients. If they married they had to stop being geishas - geishas and wives were like opposite sides of the coin.
In other words geishas, concubines, and courtesans were entirely different, not just a catch all term for Japanese women, and not to be confused.

Lesley Downer

eilidhdawn

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1399 on: 10 April 2021, 21:54:43 »
Conchobar Koichizoku {konxovar}

colors: green, blue
kamon: irish wolfhound celtic knot
Delm: Ffransis 'Frankie' Thyra Conchobar
          Consort: Kenzo Kusanagi
          Consort: Patryk Lykawka
Matrona: Poppy Conchobar
Founders MP: Heath Callahan Conchobar
Spokesperson: Viola Ormond
Militia: Aoiri {shepherds}
Militia Commander: Oliver Rowan

Associate Member Families: Callahan, Curran, Chou, Cassidy, Clery, Collins, Cain

Territory: [map 3] (650 sq km) landhold in the lowlands of the Kiso Mountains southwest of Stonehaven, plus (1300 sq km) property surrounding the landhold including Cozy Harbor on the Akazuna Coast

Agriculture:
artisanal fishing

Barrow Farms - a cooperative of organic and free range family farms producing peat, barley, rye, hemp, flax, oats, wheat, potatoes, strawberries, sheep, alpaca, dairy cows, poultry, pigs, seasonal vegetables and fruits, nuts, they have more than a few contracts with restaurants and caterers in Stonehaven, Whistler, and Lanikai, they have branded dairy, egg, pork, produce, and poultry products, they also operate several farmstands, and a flour mill

Corporate:
Caoirigh {sheep} - handmade designer leather and wool apparel, accessories and handbags

Conchobar Law Group - full service corporate and commercial law firm with offices in major cities, spaceports, and The Enclave

Stems - creates stainless steel, copper, and silver flatware, serving ware, cooking utensils, kitchen and dining accessories, chopstick sets

Conchobar Kennels - breeding and training of herding, pastoral, and livestock guardian dogs, primarily collies and terriers 

Vroom - makes electric and hybrid scooters, motorcycles, electric bicycles, mopeds, atvs, for recreation, personal transport, and racing

Larkin Cain - engineers and manufactures ground based drones and robots for reconnaissance, negotiations, bomb disarmament and disposal, and surveillance for law enforcement and military markets

Cu Faol {wolfhound} -  breeders of hunting and guardian dogs

Salann {salt} - desalination plants producing salts and other elements 

Interlace - makes wool, and linen textiles, knitwear, and lace featuring celtic knot patterns 

Ciorcle {circle} - whiskey distillery, produces pot still, cask strength, and blended whiskeys

Shamrocks Association Football Club, Stonehaven 

Cozy Harbor Marina

Cozy Harbor Boatyard - hosts recreational and fishing boats, has showrooms, pro shops, and suppliers, the yard offers build, repair, and maintenance services

« Last Edit: Today at 06:38:46 by eilidhdawn »

Maranthain

• Private
    • Winter's Dream Mercenary Unit
« Reply #1400 on: 10 April 2021, 22:08:23 »
Mr. Arkady Borosakov
Mr. Isamu Kawai
Tai-i Neville Rhodes
Kapten Marius Bjornsen
Captain Quintin Bonano
Sho-sa Kono Kalakaua
Major Crash Cranson
Colonel Euron Greyjoy
Dr. Kira Musashi   

Kapten Bjornsen sat down with his aide to dictate his response to the invitation. "To the honorable Amalaa Sugai, I am looking forward to the opportunity to meet with you and the others in a social setting, away from the demands of the day-to-day operations on planet. I think that this noble endeavor is just the thing that all of us need. If you have any opportunities pop up that I may be able to fulfill, don't hesitate to ask. Thank you for your hospitality and for allowing us to celebrate with you." He then stood up, nodded to Sgt. Tsuginori, and dismissed him to go deliver the message and prepare his dress uniform by taking it to be dry cleaned. Once the room was seemingly empty except for himself, he sighed. A clearing of a throat from the corner of the room startled Kapten Bjornsen.

Sjalbrenna chuckled when the Kapten jumped a little. "Kapten, I have a few ideas i'd like to discuss with you. They are regarding the training and equipment needs for the unit." The Kapten waved for his officer to continue speaking. "Well, first off, i'd like to get most of my team trained in SAR functions, if not all. Also I'd like to get your aide, Sergeant Tsuginori trained in Mech piloting. That way, he can accompany you onto the field and be of use other than as an aide de camp. Finally, i'd really like to push you to reconsider keeping that Cauldron-Born. Selling that moster may be in our best interests. We can get units that would fit our situation out here on the butt-end of the periphery better. Too much clan-based ammo dependecy. I'd recommend acquiring something with an all-energy loadout or with a great ammo efficiency. I bet Quist would love a challenge like that."

Marius smiled, "I agree. we need to consider selling that beast. The unit may not be ideal for our uses. I'd love to get your unit trained in SAR functions. It'll mesh with an idea I've had to get a rescue command started up within the unit. It'll help us with PR as well as providing a valuable service on this world. I have Quist working on tracking down the units and parts we'll need for the RC. In the mean time, I think i'll take you up on the idea of training Tsuginori. Tyr has some downtime right now, while the Marauder is in repair bay. I'll have him tutor the sergeant as well. What sort of mech would be appropriate for my aide? Medium or heavy?"

Sjalbrenna laughed, "I'd recommend medium, best place to start. Most general types of mechs, too. I'll get right on the training of my unit as SAR specialists. Can't wait to spring that surprise on some of the troops. "

Marius nodded, "Medium it is. Hopefully he'll work out well. Oh. Before I forget. I'll need one of your operators to function as a driver for a party next month. It's a command level affair that will help us in connecting with other units on world, and influential civilians. I'm to go alone, but I can have a driver that will wait in the parking lot. I hope having one of your operators will help in two ways. One, safety for me on the trip. Two, your operators are skilled in intel-gathering, so I hope that the other drivers may be loose lipped." The Kapten looked out the window over the new base, "Still getting used to the view... " He turned around and Sjalbrenna was gone.
Strength Through Perseverance

eilidhdawn

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1401 on: 11 April 2021, 01:27:22 »
Dubhghaill Koichizoku {doogle, black river, dark stranger}

colors: yellow, purple
kamon: folded ribbons
Delm: Siomon Dubhghaill
          Spouse: Matilda Zhao Dubhghaill
Matrona: Jude Merriweather 
Founders MP: Cecilia Remington
Spokesperson: Isadore Macginnis Dubhghaill 
Militia: Watchmen 
Militia Commander: Quinn Flanagan

Associate Member Families: Boyle, Burke, Amano, Flanagan, Abe, Kelly, Macginnis, Doyle

Territory: [map 18] (650 sq km) landhold near the northern most coast of Tairiku, plus (6500 sq km) property on the northernmost coast of Tairiku adjacent to the landhold 

Agriculture:
Sage Hill Growers - figs, olives, citrus, persimmon, pomegranate, mulberry, mahogany, ebony, teak, cypress, tea, coffee, cacao 

Mangal Preserve - mangrove forest (122 sq km) and tidal wetlands 

Corporate:
Vista Outdoor - makes firearms, knives, hunting equipment and gear, camping equipment and gear, and outdoor athletic equipment   

Brew Crew - packages and sells loose, and bagged blends of tea, coffee, and cocoa, boxed in decorative collectible tins, they have a digital store and subscription service 

Bouclier Bespoke - executive armor makers and fitters, storefronts in major cities

Angel Armor - makes puncture proof, breathable, flexible, temperature resistant armor, uniforms, and work gear for law enforcement, fire fighters, search and rescue, emergency medical, and military personnel 

Dyneema - engineers ultra high molecular weight synthetic fibers for commercial and industrial use as fibers, adhesives, puncture proof fabrics and materials, rope, chain, fishing lines, nets, armor, containers

Dynamic Mobility 'DynaMo' - logistics, warehousing, distribution, and shipping services for military, retail, and commercial markets over air, land, and sea 

Saffron - creates fine porcelain tableware, teaware, ornaments, and decor

The Joinery - designs, builds, repairs custom wood furniture, cabinets, and accessories for retail and commercial markets 

Special Military School - education and training of infantry, cavalry, engineers, technicians, and officer candidates for law enforcement, militias, and private contractors, located on the landhold 

Advantage Outfitters - retail and digital stores for hunting, shooting, fishing, boating, camping, auto and atv -  equipment, gear, supplies, footwear, clothing, indoor and outdoor home decor and gifts

« Last Edit: 11 April 2021, 02:19:21 by eilidhdawn »

eilidhdawn

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1402 on: 11 April 2021, 03:19:13 »
                                                                             Nejiroan Banker
                                                                             Market Analysis

Up and coming technology firm Beacon Advanced Industries with a wide base of research and products ranging from computer software, advanced avionics, telecommunications, materials research, robotics, and molecular science has raised their EPS by twenty six percent according to their recently released quarterly earnings report (ten percent higher than projected) which includes the successful launch of the NightNight Gun. Lightweight and versatile, basically a miracle born of engineering and biochemistry. These custom tranquilizer weapons are the perfect tool for stopping someone without killing them. Constructed of new proprietary compounds the weapon weighs just under one kilogram. The weapons fire nonlethal 'bullets' with heavy stopping power. The pistol utilizes eight forty five caliber cartridges in a semiautomatic firing mode that break up under the subcutaneous tissue releasing a therapeutic dose of the proprietary formula of the GMO dendrotoxin of one hundred nanoliters, incapacitating the target long enough for them to be secured without any harmful side effects in the process.                                   >>>continue reading>>>   

eilidhdawn

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1403 on: 11 April 2021, 03:27:09 »

Quotable   

A properly balanced sword is the most versatile weapon for close quarters ever devised. Pistols and guns are all offense, no defense, close on him fast and a man with a gun can't shoot, he has to stop you before you reach him. Close on a man carrying a blade and you'll be spitted like a roast pigeon - unless you have a blade and can use it better than he can. A sword never jams, never has to be reloaded, is always ready. Its worst shortcoming is that it takes great skill and patient, loving practice to gain that skill; it can't be taught to new recruits in weeks, nor even months.

Robert Heinlein 

eilidhdawn

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1404 on: 11 April 2021, 04:01:40 »
                                                                                Hilo Herald 
                                                                              Society Pages 
3068 4 11

Aimi Song 

[picture of the Tree Court Lawn framed by sakura trees in full bloom, the foreground has low tables surrounded by tufted couches, tailored chesterfields, and plush wingback and club chairs in a variety of colors, patterns, and textures]       

[close-up pictures of some of the low tables containing fine china teaware, each table with a different style and pattern] 

[a montage of pictures featuring various noteworthy personages from previous years parties wearing trendy and classic fashions] 

[an aerial photo of the sprawling spanish style Honeystone Manor with its courtyards, gardens and lawns]

One of the most anticipated and coveted invitations of the Hilo Social Season goes out this week by private messenger, Madame Sugai's annual Garden Party in celebration of Hanami. A maximum of three hundred exclusive invitations are sent out. Madame Sugai has cultivated a large number of associates, friends and contacts through her duties as Matrona of the Sugai Dai Ichizoku, voting board member of the Sugai Zaibatsu, seated member of the Advisory Council to the Hilo City Council, Hilo Guildhall Syndic, and board seats on a number of charity, arts, and education foundations. Therefore attendees are an eclectic mix of corporate innovators, cultural icons, celebrities, politicians, diplomats, traders, entrepreneurs, scholars, scientists, students, artists, dignitaries, armed forces personnel, business executives, and ambassadors. Madame Sugai has stated she enjoys the opportunity to mingle in a slightly less formal setting with individuals of public interest, and people who interest her, as well as recognize and promote people who make notable contributions to the community. The public however, eagerly awaits the release of the reception line photos that set the tone for the upcoming seasons fashions. Already confirmed is that Madame Sugai and her Courtesan Reynard Jorlan will be wearing attire by designers Denma Gvasalia and Nicole Ghesquiere respectively. 

« Last Edit: Today at 02:00:34 by eilidhdawn »

eilidhdawn

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1405 on: 11 April 2021, 09:17:15 »
3068 4 1

Parabellum   

Izar Cluster Joint Military Studies Conference and Trade Show
May 24 3068 thru May 31 3068
Full Conference Pass 1375 Ryu per person
Day Passes and Event Passes are available thru the ticket office
For Press Passes please contact our media relations department
at sen-mainohanabira.co.njo/media relations {one thousand petals} 
Chrysanthemum Expo Center, Hilo

Special Guest Speakers:
Professor Melissa Boels, EngD, PhD; Aitutaki Academy (doctor of engineering, doctorate in applied mechanics and materials)
Sho-sa Cosmo Choi, retired; University of Prosperina (instructor battle armor courses)
Professor Oliver Graeme, Military Economist PhD, Doons School of Business
Professor Mattias Wells, Military History - Tactics and Strategy PhD, Sakhara Academy
Serafina Wong, PhD, PhD, PhD, Beacon Advanced Industries Research Scientist (doctorates in engineering/applied mechanics, biochemistry, and materials science)
Dr Wyatt Kinunui, MD, DO, ChM; Sakamura Rescue PMC, Emergency Medicine/Trauma Specialist (doctor of medicine, doctor of osteopathic medicine, master of surgery)
Tai-sa Sebastian Taka, Commander Devil Dogs PMC

The exhibition and demonstrators will have ninety three thousand square meters across five halls to display weapons, technology, products, and services. This includes simulators, ranges, live demonstrations, and master classes. An additional three halls will host panels, ceremonies, presentations, and discussions that are confirmed to include:

Military Contactor - Contracts: A Guide
Military Economics
PMC's - Risks and Misconduct
Military Studies: Leadership - Methods and Principles
Military Vehicle Engineering Technology
Geopolitical and Interstellar Intelligence
Military Strategic Studies: at home :abroad
Civil - Military Relations
Threat Perception: Analysis & Strategy
Weapon Engineering and Design
Combat Logistics
Military Supply Chain, Logistics Systems, Procurement
Military Science: Education and Training
Risk, Military Ethics, and Irregular Warfare
Understanding Military Sociology and Culture
Wounded Warrior: Physiological and Psychological Therapies
Disaster and Military Medicine: Advances in Trauma Care
Robotics, Unmanned Remote Vehicles, and Autonomous Systems
Protective Textiles and Performance Clothing
Military Theory versus Proven Strategy and Tactics
Defense, Diplomacy, and Military Operations
Military Joint Tactical Networks and Strategy
Information Science, Electronic Warfare, and Communications
Financial and Operational Effective Practices
War Dogs, Working Dogs, and Therapy Dogs
Sleep Deprivation, Fatigue, and Biphasic Sleep Training Schedules
Social Networking and Maintaining Information Advantage
Urban Safety and Security
Innovation: The Warfighters Edge
Situational Awareness Increasing Platform Capability
Intelligence Analytics
Precision Engagements: Concepts and Technology
Defense Training: Simulation, and Education
Corrosion: Issues and Control
Security and Counter Terror: Technology and Threat Mitigation
Nuclear & Space Radiation Effects: Variability in Environments, Devices, and Effects
Maritime Policy
Shipbuilding Technology: Blue Water
Shipbuilding Technology: Space

Workshops
Town Hall Discussions
Q&A Symposiums

« Last Edit: Today at 02:06:31 by eilidhdawn »

eilidhdawn

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1406 on: 11 April 2021, 10:27:41 »
For more than one hundred thirty years the Selosse Champagne House has hosted The Selosse Polo Classic at the Bronze Arch Meadow Polo Grounds, Hilo on the last Saturday of May. The annual event is comprised of two matches, the first a speed match between two teams of three, and the next is a regulation match between two all star teams. The event is often sold out, attracting more than five thousand spectators to watch world renowned polo players. In addition to sipping champagne and watching an exciting polo match, spectators are encouraged to socialize at the event. The venue is always well appointed with soft lawns for lounging and picnics. Also salons, food and alcohol stations, vendor stations, fan zone stations, regulation and exhibition pitches, jumbo video monitors and scoreboards, turnout paddocks, two stick and ball grass fields, access to bridle trails, and charging stations. The Polo Classic is part of a series called the Selosse Season, who also sponsors ski events, golf events, pop up lounges, and other exciting social and high profile events. The emphasis is as much social as sporting and has a daytime cocktail dress code. Tickets are sold to the general public through your local ticketing agents, but many of the attendees are celebrities and prominent individuals invited by the match and team sponsors.

field side tickets include a champagne brunch
general admission tickets includes a champagne brunch and asado {argentinian bbq}
deluxe veranda admissions include a champagne brunch, asado, and pictures and autographs with the polo players between matches
VIP admissions includes champagne brunch and asado in The Pavilion with pictures and autographs with the polo players before the matches, and introductions and socializing with the polo players following the matches

Devondra

• Sergeant
« Reply #1407 on: 11 April 2021, 13:22:12 »
OK so we are set for 4/25  :thumbsup:
Standard mission setup. 1 Mech, 1 Armor, 1 Infantry and 1 you pick.

“GSF command to all GSF units. GSF command to all units, we have a unknown hostile force moving toward Stark Industries Armor Plant in the Eastern Desert. You will respond to the help request help from Stark Security. The force has a company of combat units. Mixed Battlemech and armor. They also have a support unit of a dozen vehicles.”

everyone remember what i posted about selections

A couple of questions

1 is it possible to get a recon up in the air to id this group?

2 what clan/clans are in the area and can they lend any support?

3 what is the staff contingent at stark security so we can have a count of the number of souls in danger

4 dose stark security have a shelter in place locations for personnel and if so what are there locations so we can move to protect the employees as fast as possible

5 is any of the produced product able to aide in the defense?

Devondra

• Sergeant
« Reply #1408 on: 11 April 2021, 13:44:47 »
                                                                                                                                                                                                          Contemplate the Flowers 

The sakura blossom is a metaphor for life - beautiful and luminous, yet fleeting and ephemeral. Part of what makes the sakura blossom so precious is because their beauty only lasts for a short period, in this sense we consider Hanami a celebration of life. 

the matriarch  of clan starfall dose research on where young trees maybe purchased so a grove of 50 trees can be planted on clan grounds between her dwelling and the dwelling of the clan leader

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #1409 on: 11 April 2021, 14:13:48 »
everyone remember what i posted about selections

A couple of questions

1 is it possible to get a recon up in the air to id this group?

no. the GSF is responding as this is happening. the Stark Security patrol is the only recon you have.

2 what clan/clans are in the area and can they lend any support?

the clans that are in the area are having what militia forces they have post up around sites they have. so no extra help.

3 what is the staff contingent at stark security so we can have a count of the number of souls in danger

Stark Security is a half dozen Jeeps with MG's and SRMs and one Harasser Missile Platform (LRM). The site has 90 people in it. this includes the security team.

4 dose stark security have a shelter in place locations for personnel and if so what are there locations so we can move to protect the employees as fast as possible

the main building can hold all personal and is used when need to do this.

5 is any of the produced product able to aide in the defense?

no they make armor plate at this site.

I would not recommend defending at the site. you will be better off dealing with this force in the desert.

this is one of the mission pics from mission 8