Register Register

Author Topic: Need a new Stompin' grounds for Montreal  (Read 1534 times)

Ice_Trey

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
Need a new Stompin' grounds for Montreal
« on: 17 March 2011, 10:07:09 »
Hey guys, Gotta keep this short, as I'm visiting a friend.

I'm looking to potentially be moving to Montreal, but try as I might, I can't find heads or tails about any LGS'es in the area that stock Battletech, much less Catalyst products. The CGL Demo-team site didn't offer any locations in montreal, either. Setting range to 150 miles just turns up locations in my own hometown, Ottawa.

Would you guys be able to point me out some places that would be able to support my hobby in Montreal, ideally closer to the downtown core? I prefer to support an LGS (and also avoid shipping costs from the states), and would also just enjoy a place to sit down and play a few games, as a neutral grounds is a good place to meet folks.

Thank you kindly for the advice

Old Knight

• Sergeant
  • For honor and glory
Re: Need a new Stompin' grounds for Montreal
« Reply #1 on: 17 March 2011, 12:34:26 »
I bought a hexpack Lake and River at the only store that have a very little stock of Battletech. This is Le Valet de coeur that is on the St-Denis Street (near street Mont-Royal). I think (hope) that they could place order.
This game is not very popular here.  :'(
It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them; if double, be able to divide them; if equal, engage them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.
All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Gilgamesh

• Recruit
  • Mad dog
« Reply #2 on: 14 April 2011, 15:17:52 »
I'm in Montreal. I bought the Introductory Box Set a while ago, but only got to play a quickstart game with a friend of mine once, who then went on to play D&D at the south shore.

There's got to be more BT players around here; after all there were plenty of MW:DA players at the weekly tournaments back when the game was alive and kicking. Not sure how to get the word out though.

BoosterX

« Reply #3 on: 22 May 2012, 13:49:28 »
Thread resurrection.

Looking for Montrealers to play with.

Gilgamesh

• Recruit
  • Mad dog
« Reply #4 on: 23 May 2012, 10:37:11 »
Hey there! I'm still around. I've gotten a lot more minis, maps, hexpacks and TROs since then, but I still haven't been able to play at all.

Unfortunately I'll be out of the country for the next few weeks, but it should be possible to set up a game at Le Valet d'Coeur or a similar venue.