Register Register

Author Topic: Trying to find a game in Alberta  (Read 1744 times)

JDbigmoney

• Recruit
Trying to find a game in Alberta
« on: 03 May 2015, 10:28:05 »
Hi everyone,

I'm getting back into 'tech after a long time away and I am having a very tuff time finding people to play against. I have mechs and maps and sheets and dice and adult refreshments but no adversaries.

Anyone know of people in west central Alberta with a game going on?

JDbigmoney

Lord Cameron

• Patron Saint of GenCon Goodies
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
Re: Trying to find a game in Alberta
« Reply #1 on: 06 May 2015, 10:33:51 »
Hi everyone,

I'm getting back into 'tech after a long time away and I am having a very tuff time finding people to play against. I have mechs and maps and sheets and dice and adult refreshments but no adversaries.

Anyone know of people in west central Alberta with a game going on?

JDbigmoney

There are groups in both Calgary and Edmonton. You should sign up on Catalystdemos.com - if there are events registered by the Demo team then you'll get an email.

What part of Alberta do you mean by West Central?  Do you mean Canmore? Or Hinton area? Are you close enough to get to Calgary or Edmonton?
Agent #395, West Coast CDT Lead

JDbigmoney

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 06 May 2015, 13:01:50 »
I'm in Hinton

It's not really easy to just pop into the city for a weekly game but if there were an event I could make a weekend of it.

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
« Reply #3 on: 07 May 2015, 00:53:10 »
Try Bertie here on the forum.  We were regular opponents until he finished University and moved to Edmonton.  He might be able to book you up with a group.
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
Glitter - the herpes of the craft supply world.

JDbigmoney

• Recruit
« Reply #4 on: 07 May 2015, 23:40:15 »
Ok,

how would I find Bertie?

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
« Reply #5 on: 08 May 2015, 00:38:19 »
Well, first of all, don't mis-spell his name.   :-[  Sorry about that.  Bergie (and any member of the forum) can be found by searching the members list (on the orange bar above) and going to the 'B's.  Click on his name, then under the image, choose 'Send PM', and go from there.

Wish I were in Alberta, there's no Battletech league or much interest around Saskatoon.
« Last Edit: 08 May 2015, 00:39:53 by Red Pins »
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
Glitter - the herpes of the craft supply world.

Psiclone

• Recruit
« Reply #6 on: 14 May 2015, 14:10:02 »
There are a few of us in Edmonton to play Battletech once every few months or so. Typically 3050 IS vs Clan or 3039 IS vs IS. I have not been to a Battletech event as they seem to be unicorns.

Lord Cameron

• Patron Saint of GenCon Goodies
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: 15 May 2015, 21:07:31 »
There are a few of us in Edmonton to play Battletech once every few months or so. Typically 3050 IS vs Clan or 3039 IS vs IS. I have not been to a Battletech event as they seem to be unicorns.

Are you in the Edmonton Battletech group on yahoo?
How do they arrange the Battletech events?
Agent #395, West Coast CDT Lead

Clan Wolverine

• Recruit
« Reply #8 on: 26 May 2015, 08:56:37 »
I am brand new to battletech in the Edmonton region and I'm also looking for people in the area to play. I figured by posting in here I could reduce post thread redundancy. So if any one has an Edmonton group or would like to play solo games please pm me. Sadly JD Hinton is a little far.
The important thing in strategy is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions
Miyamoto Musashi

JDbigmoney

• Recruit
« Reply #9 on: 26 May 2015, 10:53:40 »
Well,

I've spent around 2 grand picking up mechs, so I would really like a chance to use some of them.

Also, in my hunting for mechs, I have collected many that are missing some peices...if anyone has any extra parts they would like to donate to the cause, or trade straight up...or whatever...give me a shout.

I'm going to put up my email addy and if that is a no no, I apologize in advance

j.don_neale@hotmail.com

JDbigmoney

• Recruit
« Reply #10 on: 31 May 2015, 21:49:40 »
I just discovered there are a few battletech face book pages. there arn't 1000's of players but there are some. And I hate to say it but it apperas saskatchewan has more than alberta

Register