Register Register

Author Topic: San Diego Alpha Strike Association  (Read 27360 times)

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
Re: San Diego Alpha Strike Association
« Reply #210 on: 01 July 2021, 23:26:20 »
Hi all.  Well work threw a monkey in the wrench, and I now have to work on the 24th.

How does moving the date to the 31st sound?
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Baijiu

• Recruit
« Reply #211 on: 02 July 2021, 23:43:03 »
Hi all.  Well work threw a monkey in the wrench, and I now have to work on the 24th.

How does moving the date to the 31st sound?

31st is good on my end.

2nd Dragoon

• Private
« Reply #212 on: 04 July 2021, 20:58:30 »
Not a problem... dice are ready to rock and roll.
Trust only kinsman for upon the battlefield there is only death and silence and the eternal coldness that surrounds us all. The glory comes only afterward when the fear and terror is forgotten as the tankard is refilled."

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #213 on: 06 July 2021, 22:45:19 »
Excellent.  July 31 at Game Empire.  As before, I will be there at 10 when they open to grab a table.

Scenario will be a breakthrough on a dense city map.  Marik forces will be trying to get though to reach their target.  The Lyran forces will be deployed throughout the city in an effort to stop them.

Force info will be coming.
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #214 on: 15 July 2021, 21:54:31 »
Howdy all.  Here's what we're working with for the next game and what you need to bring.

Year: 3048
Tech Level: Intro, Standard, and Advanced.  No Experimental tech.
Factions: Free World's League vs Lyran Commonwealth (technically FedCom at this point)
Scenario: FWL units on a breakthrough against the Lyran forces
Map Type: City
Force Size: 600 PV for each
Minimum Skill Allowed: 2

At this time, we have four committed players, counting myself.  My plan was to run the Lyran forces, and 2nd Dragoon wants to play them as well.  Baiju, I have a another player who will play on the FWL side if you'd be willing to join and balance the sides out.

For now guys, build up a lance that you would like to run that fits the bill. Aim for around 200 PV.  One note, you may not have more than two of the same unit, and if so, they must be different variants (yeah, I borrowed that from WolfNet). Once those are in we'll go from there.

Cheers all!  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: 15 July 2021, 22:21:54 by Valkerie »

Baijiu

• Recruit
« Reply #215 on: 15 July 2021, 23:13:45 »
At this time, we have four committed players, counting myself.  My plan was to run the Lyran forces, and 2nd Dragoon wants to play them as well.  Baiju, I have a another player who will play on the FWL side if you'd be willing to join and balance the sides out.

I have no objections playing FWL. Once I have my list is posted and approved; I will paint some forces (most likely Marik Militia).

Baijiu

• Recruit
« Reply #216 on: 17 July 2021, 17:58:18 »
Here is my Lance:

Mech       Skill  Tons   PV
AWS-8Q    2    80     55
ON1-VA     2    75     55
WHM-7M   2    70     49
PXH-3M     2    45      37
                  TOTAL:196

I am willing to adjust my lance according to what the other player is bringing.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #217 on: 19 July 2021, 23:29:57 »
Here is my Lance:

Mech       Skill  Tons   PV
AWS-8Q    2    80     55
ON1-VA     2    75     55
WHM-7M   2    70     49
PXH-3M     2    45      37
                  TOTAL:196

I am willing to adjust my lance according to what the other player is bringing.
Nice.  Passed that along to the other FWL player.  He's not on the forums, so once he sends me his list I'll send it to you.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #218 on: 29 July 2021, 21:06:43 »
It's that time again:

When: Saturday, July 31, 10:00 AM
Where:  Game Empire, 5037 Shawline St, San Diego, CA 92111

As always, anyone wanting to come by and check out the action/roll dice, you are most welcome.  Game is a breakthrough scenario with Free Worlds League forces trying to get past Lyran Commonwealth units in a city setting.

See ya all there!  :thumbsup:

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #219 on: 31 July 2021, 20:02:22 »
To everyone that either came out to play, or just to watch and chat, thank you.  It was a great day and a really fun game.  Hope everyone enjoyed themselves.  Big thanks to 2nd Dragoon for bringing a good chunk of the city terrain and the dropship.  Nice touch.  :thumbsup:

Work is going to be a little nuts next month, so I will keep you all posted for the next date.

Thanks again all.  Some pics from today down below.

Cheers,
Valkerie

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #220 on: 31 July 2021, 20:02:52 »
And a few more.

2nd Dragoon

• Private
« Reply #221 on: 01 August 2021, 00:30:02 »
It was a great game!!!  Glad to see everyone there talking or playing.  See you in August.
Trust only kinsman for upon the battlefield there is only death and silence and the eternal coldness that surrounds us all. The glory comes only afterward when the fear and terror is forgotten as the tankard is refilled."

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #222 on: 08 August 2021, 20:45:14 »
Howdy all.  As I expected, this month is being difficult for me.  Between work and other commitments, I don't have any Saturdays free for the rest of the month.  I could possibly do an evening game on Sunday, August 22.  I'm usually out of work by 5:15.  Otherwise, my next open Saturdays are September 4 and 11.

Apologies for my difficult schedule.  :-\

2nd Dragoon

• Private
« Reply #223 on: 11 August 2021, 22:58:12 »
What ever works, I am sure my dice rolling will work  on the last turn of the game in Sept  as they would in Aug.

Baijiu

• Recruit
« Reply #224 on: 15 August 2021, 03:23:35 »
Unfortunately I cannot make it for the 22nd. I am not sure about September for my schedule may change with business hours at work.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #225 on: 15 August 2021, 22:44:04 »
Looks like early September is the best shot.  So, to get your mech juices flowing, this next round will be set during the Clan invasion.  OpFor will be Clan units.  Player forces will be IS.  I'm leaning towards Ghost Bears vs Draconis Combine.  If there are any other preferences, by all means, shout them out.  As for scenario, I'm open to suggestions.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #226 on: 27 August 2021, 00:59:37 »
Howdy all.  The work schedule has started coming our for September.  At this juncture, here are the dates I'm looking at to run our next game at Game Empire:

9/10 or 9/11
9/16 or 9/17
maybe 9/28 (work schedule doesn't go out that far yet)

While 9/10 - 9/11 is a bit auspicious, I'd rather get us all going sooner rather than later, as I had to skip any gaming this month.  Let me know what works.

Scenario is a straight up head to head match of Clan Ghost Bear vs the Draconis Combine in 3050.  OpFor are the Clan Forces.  I'll have the rest of the details out shortly.

Edit: Had the second September dates wrong.  Corrected now.
« Last Edit: 29 August 2021, 00:03:58 by Valkerie »

2nd Dragoon

• Private
« Reply #227 on: 29 August 2021, 00:04:38 »
9/10 and 9/20 are good days for me....

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #228 on: 02 September 2021, 00:07:49 »
To follow up on dates, 9/10 and 9/17 are starting to look like the best dates for me.  Work is starting to go to hell again.  Please let me know how those dates work.

Cheers,
Valkerie

Baijiu

• Recruit
« Reply #229 on: 07 September 2021, 18:51:18 »
17th is good on my end. I have some work shenanigans on the 10th.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #230 on: 07 September 2021, 22:53:17 »
So, work schedule is solid now.  Game is Friday, September 17th at Game Empire.  I'll be there at opening to get a table.  Figure to start rolling dice by 10:30.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #231 on: 15 September 2021, 00:15:02 »
Game time is here:

When: Friday, September 17, 10:30 AM
Where:  Game Empire, 5037 Shawline St, San Diego, CA 92111

This time around it's the DCMS raiding a Clan Ghost Bear base, looking to blow up a few ammo depots.  Anyone wanting to stop by and roll some dice, or just check out the action, are welcome as always.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #232 on: 17 September 2021, 20:01:57 »
Thanks to everyone for coming out today!  Good game all around.  Congrats to the DCMS for pulling out the win!

Giovanni Blasini

• Major
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #233 on: 17 September 2021, 20:25:51 »
Well, that was a fun set of pics to see as I'm just finishing up a day of insanity at work.  Looked like a good game.
"“Eternity is a long time, especially towards the end.” -- Stephen Hawking

Register