Register Register

Author Topic: Are iron wombs populated solely with genetic material from genetic repositories?  (Read 423 times)

dherve10

• Recruit
I'm unsure if the genetic repositories are just used by scientists as a reference, and genetic material from living warriors is used, or if the repositories are the sole source of genetic material used for iron wombs. Does anyone have any clarification here?
« Last Edit: 17 August 2022, 12:03:05 by dherve10 »

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
I'm unsure if the genetic repositories are just used by scientists as a reference, and genetic material from living warriors is used, or if the repositories are the sole source of genetic material used for iron wombs. Does anyone have any clarification here?
Prior to the Wars of Reaving there were at least 2 sets of genetic material for each bloodnamed warrior and other people used in the iron wombs process. There was the main genetic repository on Strana Mechty. This kept a copy in one main location. Also, each Clan had their own genetic repository, with many (if not all) Clans having some smaller secondary repositories as well.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

dherve10

• Recruit
Yes, but is the genetic material the only biological material used to occupy the iron wombs, or is it used as a reference for pairing material from living warriors?

AlphaMirage

• Captain
Living Warriors are typically not used as it could cause nepotism or further blood feuds and vendettas. It is also possible the Warrior might do something unforgivable before they die and thus they and their descendants might need to be reaved. Its cleaner for Scientists to let a gifttake 'age' for a little while in order to prevent this occurrence. That said Maeve Wolf, Alaric Ward, Phelan's descendants, and several Society Clones of Aidyn Pryde do exist that were created using living donors.

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
Like AlphaMirage said, there are examples of living warriors having their genes used, but typically that's not the case. Those have to be exceptional warriors or the sibkos are part of some kind of experiment to use living warriors.

Generic Clanner 24601

• Corporal
Living Warriors are typically not used as it could cause nepotism or further blood feuds and vendettas. It is also possible the Warrior might do something unforgivable before they die and thus they and their descendants might need to be reaved. Its cleaner for Scientists to let a gifttake 'age' for a little while in order to prevent this occurrence. That said Maeve Wolf, Alaric Ward, Phelan's descendants, and several Society Clones of Aidyn Pryde do exist that were created using living donors.

Don't forget Alaric's children (Kincaid didn't).

Sjhernan3060

• Lieutenant

Re: the aging of gift takes and the rise and fall of so many bloodhouses are the gift takes from the golden century considered a safe bet to pull from?

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
Re: the aging of gift takes and the rise and fall of so many bloodhouses are the gift takes from the golden century considered a safe bet to pull from?
That brings up some interesting discussion points that I don't know if are ever explained in detail. For example, how are the giftakes used? Do they breakdown them down to the DNA sequences and use the DNA sequence itself in creating the sibkos? Do they instead use some kind of genetic material to splice together into the cells? Some other method?

We've also heard the generalized belief that each newer generation is better than the one(s) before it, until proven otherwise in combat. That makes me think the scientists would continue using the newest bloodnamed warriors instead of necessarily going back to the older generations. Kind of like a maze, following one path until it ends, then backtracking the least amount to try a new path. By going back into previous generations instead of using the newest & greatest you're essentially saying that the newest batches were failures. And since many scientists are also test-downs & wash-outs you'd essentially be brining yourself and your colleagues into question.

BATTLEMASTER

• Captain
  • Lightning From Another Zip Code
By going back into previous generations instead of using the newest & greatest you're essentially saying that the newest batches were failures. And since many scientists are also test-downs & wash-outs you'd essentially be brining yourself and your colleagues into question.

The Clans are smart but not smart enough  ^-^
BATTLEMASTER
Trombone Player, Lego Enthusiast, Engineer
Clan Smoke Jaguar, Delta Galaxy ("The Cloud Rangers"), 4th Jaguar Dragoons
"You better stand back, I'm not sure how loud this thing can get!"
If you like Lego, you'll like my Lego battlemech projects!

Sjhernan3060

• Lieutenant
That brings up some interesting discussion points that I don't know if are ever explained in detail. For example, how are the giftakes used? Do they breakdown them down to the DNA sequences and use the DNA sequence itself in creating the sibkos? Do they instead use some kind of genetic material to splice together into the cells? Some other method?

We've also heard the generalized belief that each newer generation is better than the one(s) before it, until proven otherwise in combat. That makes me think the scientists would continue using the newest bloodnamed warriors instead of necessarily going back to the older generations. Kind of like a maze, following one path until it ends, then backtracking the least amount to try a new path. By going back into previous generations instead of using the newest & greatest you're essentially saying that the newest batches were failures. And since many scientists are also test-downs & wash-outs you'd essentially be brining yourself and your colleagues into question.

Right?!? This is a more philosophical aspect I would love to see explored more

AlphaMirage

• Captain
Its a good seed for a Shrapnel story certainly. You could take some traits and remix them too. It would be interesting to have a trueborn that has a modern legacy and an ancient one too. We know that the Coyotes were still using Andrey Kerensky and Dana Kurfahl's genes with regularity.

nova_dew

• Warrant Officer

Isn't there a Clan term for warriors when they do dip further back in the genetic lines to make them and it's considered an insult in most cases?
If so that raises the question, what about someone made from the OG Nicky Kerensky? He is the founder after all but he's been bettered by his descendants?
A member of Clan Ghost Bears Legal Team

AlphaMirage

• Captain
'Retread' is the insult and that's for exact clones. A little bit of Nicky K never did a Creche wrong (unless it was a Ghost Bear or Not-named Creche)

CJC070

• Lieutenant

They may not have access because even properly stored any giftake may have an expiry date.  That could explain the Jade Falcons difficulties in rebuilding some of their bloodnames.

JAMES_PRYDE

• Warrant Officer
  • Stephanie & Jiyi Chistu "Restoring Honor to CJF !"
    • Clan Jade Falcon:  SWTOR
Its a good seed for a Shrapnel story certainly. You could take some traits and remix them too. It would be interesting to have a trueborn that has a modern legacy and an ancient one too. We know that the Coyotes were still using Andrey Kerensky and Dana Kurfahl's genes with regularity.

Yeah, would be a good in depth look into it ! It has always fascinated me, and would not mind seeing some more cannon details regarding the Breeding Programme, Sibkos etc.

Especially Scientist Caste specifics about the DNA work too. Perhaps a Jade Falcon story, about Jiyi's Sibkos on Sudeten 8)
[CJF: Swtor] http://cjf.enjin.com /http://jamespryde2704.wix.com/falcon-net-cjf-hpg

mikecj

• Captain
  • Veteran of Galahad 3028

Conal Ward mentioned his offspring were leading their sibkos in one of his nomination speeches (or maybe it was one of his supporters mentioned it- its been awhile).
The Jaguar Galaxy commander who lost on Wolcott begged Theodore not to have his kids killed.
It may not be as rare as we assume.
There are no fish in my pond.
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf
Romo Lampkin could have gotten Stefan Amaris off with a warning.

Register