Register Register

Author Topic: Genetic Legacy Inquiry  (Read 484 times)

Jaroth

• Corporal
Genetic Legacy Inquiry
« on: 15 July 2022, 12:19:54 »
Hello all, please forgive me if these questions have already been asked and answered but I am trying to get some clarification regarding genetic legacies.

I am aware of a situation where two Clans come to an agreement about genetic legacies being shared and who can fight for what Bloodname (Coyote and Wolf) however my queries are in regard to when there is no agreement and force has been applied.

In Malicious Intent, Khan Vladimir Ward assaults Kiamba which is a Smoke Jaguar world. It reads,

He also knew he could not hold it, so he had settled for winning bondsmen and breeding stock.

In Grave Covenant, Khan Marthe Pryde gets specific about what was taken during that raid.

"Weak, are they?" Marthe looked over at Lincoln Osis. "Which Clan is weaker, the Clan that wins a fight or the Clan that loses it? Seven months ago the Wolves successfully raided Kiamba. They took breeding stock from, did they not, Lincoln? If defeating you did not prove their strength, certainly the seeding of Osis blood in their sibkos should make them strong, quiaff?"

My questions are:

1. Now that Osis "breeding stock" (which I am assuming means gentic legacy) has been TAKEN by Clan Wolf, does this mean that warriors created in a Wolf sibko with the Osis DNA can fight for the Osis Bloodname at the appropriate time?

The reason I ask this is that on Page 58 of the Warden Clans Field Manual where it states the exclusive Bloodnames of Clan Diamond Shark, it notes:

The genetic exclusivity of the Hawker Bloodname is currently contested by Clan Wolf.

This leads me to my next question:

2. How does one contest the exclusivity of a Bloodname? Is it just won in battle and if Clan A takes the legacy from Clan B, the warriors of Clan A can use the Bloodname now or is it a political move, for example, a petition is made to the Grand Council?

Again, I apologize if this was covered already. If so, please post a link to the relevant thread.

Thanks for your time.
« Last Edit: 15 July 2022, 12:54:25 by Jaroth »

AlphaMirage

• Captain
Re: Genetic Legacy Inquiry
« Reply #1 on: 15 July 2022, 12:41:49 »
'Breeding Stock' likely refers to blood samples which can be utilized by the Scientist Caste, that or new bondspeople with promise.

Two or Three Trials are needed for someone to contest a Bloodname. You can Trial for rights to use it for Maternal contributions thus creating Sibkos that could at a later point enter a Trial of Bloodrite. You can gain possession of an UnBlooded bondsman already possessing that rite and use them directly or Trial for rights to use them as a maternal donor (as this is a separate Trial). Finally you can gain possession of an already Bloodnamed Warrior and convince them to sponsor an Unblooded individual that meets the criteria.

BrianDavion

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 15 July 2022, 13:07:48 »
also often when you trial for a genetics you may only gain the rights to use it as a faternal legacy IIRC thus the right to sue it but not use it as the genemother.

Jaroth

• Corporal
« Reply #3 on: 22 July 2022, 19:24:00 »
Thanks for the replies guys.

Register