Register Register

Author Topic: Jade Falcon mechs: Who has them?  (Read 713 times)

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Jade Falcon mechs: Who has them?
« on: 21 November 2021, 13:54:59 »
If you look on the MUL, there are several designs that are exclusive to the Jade Falcons.  The Sea Foxes took Jade Falcon salvage from the Wolves as payment for all the material they gave to the Wolves in the build-up to the invasion of Terra.  Presumably, they are going to sell a lot of this equipment to cover their bills.  Who would they be willing to sell to?  Where else should we expect to see Jade Falcon designs showing up in significant numbers?  I'd like to know this because I have Kickstarter mechs that need to be painted.

Kerfuffin(925)

• Captain
Re: Jade Falcon mechs: Who has them?
« Reply #1 on: 21 November 2021, 14:51:47 »
I assume the Bears would love the Night Gyr. It provides good support to our faster assaults.

CHH probably would also have some salvage, depending on what Tamar Rising says about them and the Falcon remnants (although the Falcons didn’t seem to leave much good equipment in their drive to terra). CHH might be interested in the Black Lanner and Fire Falcon, as their economy up until recently was focused on heavier mechs supported by light vees, as dictated by their take on the Mongol Doctrine.

Their Marauder IIC variants (9/10) would probably be sought out by anyone and everyone, although it’s FF/ES combo would make it harder (although not as hard as the past) for IS factions to keep them in service.

Their totem mechs (Eryie/Gyrfalcon/Shrike) probably wouldn’t see many other clans using them, cause totem mechs. IS factions would be all over them.

The new omnis will probably be kept by the SF, maybe given to other clans, they seem Hammerhead style of equiptment, not for sale to IS factions. Idk many other clans that would want totem Omnis. Although the Bergan factory in the Dominion was able to switch around the heads of the Kontio to look less bear like for sales to other factions, so maybe the SF will change up some of the aesthetic plating for sales to other clans.

That’s all I see that’s really JF specific from the KS/rec guides.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 21 November 2021, 17:38:00 »
My guess is that the totem mechs will be broken up for parts, just like the Blakist designs.

CJC070

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #3 on: 21 November 2021, 18:37:35 »
My guess is that the totem mechs will be broken up for parts, just like the Blakist designs.

Due to the rise of conflict I would imagine what the Clans do not claim the mercenaries and Lyran stares will.  Remember the Inner Sphere is entering a time of conflict and the Clan OZ one of the major battlefields.

Grahad

• Recruit
« Reply #4 on: 22 November 2021, 07:14:15 »
In theory yes, in practice, who can scavenge on Terra?
Most likely Vlad will give back to the Falcons what they need to rebuild ( since they're his bodyguard clan after all) after the Sea Foxes had their fill.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #5 on: 22 November 2021, 16:42:52 »
Wolf's Dragoons get their fill as well. 
The Wolves owe the Foxes a great deal for all the mechs they sold them.  The Foxes may end up with most of the salvage.

Grahad

• Recruit
« Reply #6 on: 22 November 2021, 16:49:33 »
Wolf's Dragoons get their fill as well. 
The Wolves owe the Foxes a great deal for all the mechs they sold them.  The Foxes may end up with most of the salvage.
I was sure they were paid already, a bag of silver I heard ;D

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #7 on: 22 November 2021, 21:12:11 »
I could see other clans using the Falcon totems some. The omnis would be more likely than the others, but any is possible. Just look at the Wolf Hunter, aka the Ice Ferret. The Ice Hellions made it and used it a ton, but the Wolves kept taking them as salvage and eventually took the factory. Then they renamed it, possibly made new configs, and put it to use. What better way to insult an enemy than to say "you designed it, but we use it even better than you did." Plus there's the fall-back of "I tried it, but the poorly designed machine held me back. Get me one of ours and I will show you how good I really am".

Like with the Kontio, I would want the 'Mech repainted to give it more of a Wolf/Bear/Raven/etc look, as much as possible given the shape.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
  • Opening hearts, minds, and throats since 2815
« Reply #8 on: 22 November 2021, 21:51:52 »
I seem to recall some fluff for the Eyrie stating to the effect that only people who wanted a target on their backs used salvaged Eyries. Presumably, this was in reference to the Jade Falcons themselves taking offense, and since that won't be an issue for a good long while at least, maybe that will change somewhat. I also want to say the same fluff mentions the other Clans not really using them because they were from another Clan and therefore inferior, or something similar.

As far as who they sell to, I could see the new ilKhan not wanting to see that much advanced hardware getting way from Terra and the new Star League. Certainly not the Capellans, as they seem sure to oppose the Star League. I don't know how much sway Alaric has in limiting the Sea Foxes and telling them who they can and cannot sell to (as the ilKhan of the ilClan, I assume he has lots), but it would be interesting to see staple Jade Falcon designs showing up as the crown jewels of various warlords, arms merchants, and the like, obtained from some Sea Fox black market to circumvent whatever Terra is saying.
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."
"And there never will be," Barton said, nodding his head in agreement.

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I

Kerfuffin(925)

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: 22 November 2021, 21:59:26 »
I could see other clans using the Falcon totems some. The omnis would be more likely than the others, but any is possible. Just look at the Wolf Hunter, aka the Ice Ferret. The Ice Hellions made it and used it a ton, but the Wolves kept taking them as salvage and eventually took the factory. Then they renamed it, possibly made new configs, and put it to use. What better way to insult an enemy than to say "you designed it, but we use it even better than you did." Plus there's the fall-back of "I tried it, but the poorly designed machine held me back. Get me one of ours and I will show you how good I really am".

Like with the Kontio, I would want the 'Mech repainted to give it more of a Wolf/Bear/Raven/etc look, as much as possible given the shape.

Ice Ferret and it’s 200 year history is a lot different than a brand new, back in vogue, totem Omni.
When the CJF fought against the Bailus they burnt them all to the ground rather than salvage them. Speaking of that CHH might get some karmic revenge that way, although they can’t really afford to.

Crimson:
I don’t see what Alaric could do to stop CSF from selling to anyone and everyone. Wolves owe too much and aren’t in any position to argue a point about it

Natasha Kerensky

• Captain
  • Queen of Spades, First Lady of Death, Black Widow
« Reply #10 on: 22 November 2021, 22:10:44 »
When the CJF fought against the Bailus they burnt them all to the ground rather than salvage them.

Well, that was because of the big butt lasers.  The Falcon totems, while they may resemble reanimated Thanksgiving turkeys, don’t suffer that particular aesthetic flaw.
"Ah, yes.  The belle dame sans merci.  The sweet young thing who will blast your nuts off.  The kitten with a whip.  That mystique?"
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
"Variety is the spice of battle."
"I've fought in... what... a hundred battles, a thousand battles?  It could be a million as far as I know.  I've fought for anybody who offered a decent contract and a couple who didn't.  And the universe is not much different after all that.  I could go on fighting for another hundred years and it would still look the same."
"I'm in mourning for my life."
"Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down into darkness."

CJC070

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #11 on: 22 November 2021, 22:48:58 »
Crimson:
I don’t see what Alaric could do to stop CSF from selling to anyone and everyone. Wolves owe too much and aren’t in any position to argue a point about it

But it would be a good plot point if Alaric was that arrogant to the Sea Foxes creating a means for the mercenaries and the IS factions to get in on the tech.  Look what is happening in the Capellans territory due to their arrogance.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Colonel
  • Wipe your mouth!
« Reply #12 on: 23 November 2021, 01:48:41 »
I imagine that salvaged Falcon omnis would be popular in the FWL.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Jesusjohn

• Recruit
« Reply #13 on: 23 November 2021, 10:28:03 »
I imagine once CSF refit them and sell them on, after taking the pick for themselves, they will be out in the wild for everyone.

Kerfuffin(925)

• Captain
« Reply #14 on: 23 November 2021, 21:41:35 »
While going back into rec guide 15, I hadn’t put 15 or 16 on my iPad for whatever reason, I saw both the Fire Falcon and the Black Lanner have mixed tech variants. The R and the I respectively.

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
« Reply #15 on: 24 November 2021, 01:30:39 »
I imagine the forges of Pandora and Sudeten will serve the Archon admirably.

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #16 on: 24 November 2021, 01:53:41 »
I seem to recall some fluff for the Eyrie stating to the effect that only people who wanted a target on their backs used salvaged Eyries. Presumably, this was in reference to the Jade Falcons themselves taking offense, and since that won't be an issue for a good long while at least, maybe that will change somewhat.

Honestly, I wouldn't be opposed to the Falcons collectively declaring total war on any of their designs in foreign hands.  Symbolically cleaning up their mess, so to speak.

They're Falcons, after all.  They may be mellower in terms of the whole omnicidal rampage thing, but they have to be angry about something.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Grahad

• Recruit
« Reply #17 on: 24 November 2021, 03:22:04 »
Honestly, I wouldn't be opposed to the Falcons collectively declaring total war on any of their designs in foreign hands.  Symbolically cleaning up their mess, so to speak.

They're Falcons, after all.  They may be mellower in terms of the whole omnicidal rampage thing, but they have to be angry about something.
Well put ;D

CJC070

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #18 on: 24 November 2021, 23:24:13 »

But if they bite off more than they can chew again the next Jade Falcon tag line will be “the dead ducks of the Inner Sphere”. 

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #19 on: 24 November 2021, 23:43:52 »
I meant more "going out of their way to destroy Falcon designs in enemy hands when encountered" and going to great lengths to avoid losing more of them, not in the sense of a ROM-like bounty hunt across the Sphere.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Register