Register Register

Author Topic: Jesse: A Clan Jade Falcon what if ?  (Read 537 times)

JAMES_PRYDE

• Warrant Officer
  • Stephanie & Jiyi Chistu "Restoring Honor to CJF !"
    • Clan Jade Falcon:  SWTOR
Jesse: A Clan Jade Falcon what if ?
« on: 04 August 2022, 02:50:05 »
A what if here:

Say the "Jesses" (Jayna Pryde / traditionalists) won the "rending" (civil war) instead of the "Slips" (Not Named Hazen / Mongols) in the end of the novel

How would the Clan look and proceed after that ? Era 3132 onwards

The Jesse philosophy was waiting and being patient in building forces and support networks, before choosing to apply a scalpel strike to a target, rather than mongol horde "Slip" rush everything.

Almost similar to how the Bears would play it. Yes the Occupation Zone was smaller then, and even got its talon clipped by the Wolves, but the important parts were still there, Sudeten, plus production centres and resource worlds, and being smaller, would have been easier to defend

Perhaps after the slips were defeated and the mongol influence discouraged, the Touman re-organised, following the Khan's vision of Falcon cultural growth and development, would they seek to make their OZ more into a home, rather than an "Occupying Force" similar to the bears ?

The Touman (how many galaxies as of 3130 ?) could be split between shoring up the Lyran border, Wolf Border, retaking worlds up again according to 3067 "tip" closest to Terra as a revitalization thrust, then when the Wolves moved, take quite a few large worlds, especially looking at the industry worlds, shoring up a tough border for a still Clan Hells Horses finding their feet.

After that being accomplished, then strikes toward Coventry, past Tukayidd toward Terra bit. Playing the long game

Fast forward to 3150, where could we see the Clan ? 
[CJF: Swtor] http://cjf.enjin.com /http://jamespryde2704.wix.com/falcon-net-cjf-hpg

Kerfuffin(925)

• Captain
Re: Jesse: A Clan Jade Falcon what if ?
« Reply #1 on: 04 August 2022, 03:06:34 »
I think they would recover slower. The single-mindedness of Malvina is what gave the falcons purpose. I think the Slips would have been more openly opposed to the more moderate winners, than what happened in canon.

Their abandonment of Mongol doctrine probably would have angered the Hells Horses (which seems fairly easy to do anymore) and they might have sped up their Operation NOYAN as revenge, or to prove the same thing they did in canon; that Malvina was wrong and her interpretation was bad. Chances are they’d have hit depleted clusters and been able to push harder.
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

Guardian11

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #2 on: 21 August 2022, 20:54:01 »
I think as was Jaina Pryde's intention and rather like the Dominion and their Vega Protectorate the Falcon's Reach would become a dumping ground for the Mongol's and other malcontents. If the Falcon's Reach survived and the Falcon's proper like the Dominion ended up connecting the Falcon OZ with the Falcon's Reach, then the Falcon's may have been in position to go for Terra in 3151. However, a lot of the Lyran and Wolf territory that the Falcons took in the 3130s and 3140s would have gone to the Horses or the Bears. Also, the Wolves would have likely faced stiffer resistance in their drive on Tharkad without Malvina's Falcons disrupting the Lyran's defense plans and diverting forces and attention towards the Falcons. That being said one of the reasons that so many Falcons supported Malvina during the Rending and afterword was because of all the fighting and victories they had. The Jesses would need to continue campaigns such as the one that created the Falcon's Reach, or see a new challenger rising to replace Jaina Pryde promising glory and honor to the Warriors of the Clan. Without an external foe to focus the more aggressive Warriors of the Clan on, it would be inevitable that they would turn their attention inward on those they felt were responsible for holding them and their Clan back from their rightful destiny.

JAMES_PRYDE

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #3 on: 21 August 2022, 21:51:43 »
Well the Jesse mission statement was, to build up forces, then choose targets, but in a controlled and more civilised way. They could have easily pushed towards Falcon's Reach, and by doing that, would create more opportunities for the warriors (not to mention make their territory more than an OZ, as the IS is their home now), then hold said given territory, build up forces, perhaps make a play for Terra when Alaric breached the wall
[CJF: Swtor] http://cjf.enjin.com /http://jamespryde2704.wix.com/falcon-net-cjf-hpg

tassa_kay

• Lieutenant
  • Blood cries for blood.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #4 on: 13 September 2022, 15:16:11 »
I think your basic understanding of Slips and Jesses is a bit flawed here, FYI.

Slips and Mongols are not synonymous. They are separate factions within the Jade Falcons (albeit with considerable overlap, but the same applies to the Jesses). The Slips actually took issue with Malvina because of her unorthodoxy, and favored her because she wanted to take action now instead of sitting back and waiting. The Jesses are actually not the traditionalists of the two, either: they are specifically more unorthodox than Slips. That's why some of them favored Malvina, because of her unorthodoxy, and took issue with her penchant for atrocity.
My Personal Unit: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah

Favorite Factions: Capellan ConfederationClan Blood SpiritClan Fire MandrillClan Hell's Horses
     Scorpion EmpireRasalhague DominionRim Worlds RepublicMagistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky
     Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Ki-linn Liao • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears
     Warrior House Rakshasa  • Warrior House White Tiger • The Hikage • Raptor Keshik

JAMES_PRYDE

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #5 on: 13 September 2022, 22:03:20 »
hmmmm

The way I understood it, when I read the novel was basically, the Slips wanted to rush ahead, and the Jesse's wanted to build a better power base first, in a "slower" way

When I say Traditionalists, I mean basically Marthe to Jayna era

tassa_kay

• Lieutenant
  • Blood cries for blood.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #6 on: 14 September 2022, 10:16:12 »
That part of your understanding is more or less true. The Slip/Jesse divide is all about how quickly they want to prosecute the Crusade, but that has absolutely nothing to do with the Mongols (the Loremaster, for example, is a rabid Slip but absolutely despises the Mongols). Both factions are noted to both favor and disfavor Malvina and the Mongols: the Slips favored immediate actions like the desant into the Republic but didn't like Malvina's flaunting of customs, the Jesses DID like her unorthodoxy but didn't like her taste for atrocity. If the three factions were a Venn diagram, the Slips and Jesses would be completely separate and the Mongols would overlap both of them, if that makes sense.
My Personal Unit: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah

Favorite Factions: Capellan ConfederationClan Blood SpiritClan Fire MandrillClan Hell's Horses
     Scorpion EmpireRasalhague DominionRim Worlds RepublicMagistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky
     Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Ki-linn Liao • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears
     Warrior House Rakshasa  • Warrior House White Tiger • The Hikage • Raptor Keshik

Register