Register Register

Author Topic: New or updated clan focused products you would like to see  (Read 6002 times)

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Colonel
  • Wipe your mouth!
Re: New or updated clan focused products you would like to see
« Reply #90 on: 03 May 2021, 23:51:12 »
Curiously they would probably support Malthus.

Wouldn't matter.  Adam would just be trying to get them off planet.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

SulliMike23

• Lieutenant
  • The Brotherhood will expand in the Inner Sphere!
« Reply #91 on: 04 May 2021, 12:25:54 »
Novels depicting the absorptions of Clans Widowmaker, Mongoose, and Burrock.

Middcore

• Warrant Officer
  • The Inner Sphere could always use more Heroes!
« Reply #92 on: 04 May 2021, 13:22:40 »
Novels depicting the absorptions of Clans Widowmaker, Mongoose, and Burrock.

Widowmakers I guess I could see but since it was so early I'm not sure what it would "tell us" about the Clans that we didn't already get elsewhere.

I'm sincerely sorry if this offends any Burrock or Mongoose fans but to me they always seemed like obvious "filler" Clans made up just so the lore could say some Absorptions had happened. I mean I'm sure it's just a coincidence that the Clans named after the lamest animals were the ones Absorbed, right? (TPTB couldn't think of one more animal but somebody was watching the Tremors movies in the next room and the rest as they say is history...)

Kojak

• Major
  • Neither sleet nor hail nor LRMs
« Reply #93 on: 04 May 2021, 14:21:48 »
I'm sincerely sorry if this offends any Burrock or Mongoose fans

I'm sure all three of them are utterly outraged.

Middcore

• Warrant Officer
  • The Inner Sphere could always use more Heroes!
« Reply #94 on: 04 May 2021, 14:33:30 »
I'm sure all three of them are utterly outraged.

Hey that's mean. I don't spend a lot of time on this subforum but I feel like I remember at least one person with a Mongoose avatar back in the day so I didn't want to make any assumptions.   :))
« Last Edit: 04 May 2021, 14:35:40 by Middcore »

Generic Clanner 24601

• Recruit
« Reply #95 on: 06 May 2021, 22:24:03 »
Well, the Burrock's do have a history since they were still a Clan at the time of the Clan Invasion. They even have the schtick of being the secret Dark Caste supporters (which is somehow worthy of Absorption, but being the secret Society supporters that came close to overthrowing the homeworld Clans was just kinda bad). So, there are interesting stories to tell there. At least, as much as any other of the non-major Clans. Though I admit, I personally don't have much interest in them. The Dark Caste schtick isn't too appealing, their feud with the Blood Spirits (one of my favorite Clans), and the way the seemed to influence the Star Adders (another of my favorites) for the worse after Absorption puts them low on my Clan tier list. But I can see the potential for people without my bias.

As for Mongoose (which I do like), they existed long enough to have their own history personality. It would be interesting to see how they fit into the Clans. It'd be like fleshing out any "lost" faction (this is something I always love from a RPG supplement).

Widowmakers would be the least interesting for the Clan itself. The Clans weren't too different from each at that point. But it was a big turning point in Clan history, including cementing Wolf's dominance that would rarely wane. So, I could see some fiction behind that.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I'm not bashing Clan Coyote and saying I wish they were gone. For the Coyote fans, I'm glad they are still around. I just can't wrap my head of how they weren't destroyed for a narrative perspective. So, I can't help but bring that up while talking about the Burrocks.
« Last Edit: 06 May 2021, 22:28:31 by Generic Clanner 24601 »

Talen5000

• Lieutenant
    • Handbook: Smoke Jaguar
« Reply #96 on: 08 May 2021, 10:24:32 »
As for Mongoose (which I do like), they existed long enough to have their own history personality. It would be interesting to see how they fit into the Clans. It'd be like fleshing out any "lost" faction (this is something I always love from a RPG supplement).

I, like several others, have done up a "history" of sorts for the Mongoose. But if you want something official, there is a bit about the Mongoose in the Golden Century book that gives them a short description. Aggressive, aerospace focussed and short sighted, more focussed on politics than fighting.
"So let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the King of the Potato People and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you're completely sane?" -- Uncle Arnie