Register Register

Author Topic: The Rasalhague dominion: Making our neighbors move since 3063  (Read 10408 times)

Kerfuffin(925)

• Lieutenant
Re: The Rasalhague dominion: Making our neighbors move since 3063
« Reply #240 on: 24 June 2021, 17:12:54 »
Anyone have an idea what we're doing with Courchevel and L'Outre Manufacturing? Clan Nova Cat upgraded it to clan spec military electronics, do you think we shut it down, sold it off, moved it or used it to further the true goal of the Great Father, supplying the inner sphere with Clan Spec 96K Ultra super high def TV's?

Well the nova cat is still waiting on it’s time in the sun via the Rec Guides, it’s possible we could get it and upgrade the factory. But generally if a factory just makes bits and bobs stays making bits and bobs. They probably export some electronics to other factories.

The Nova Cat would help round out our domestic forces. And give us something to roll with our kingfishers and hopefully we can keep the Warhawk, despite its flaws.

I suppose what Zeruel said is the largest problem I have, not necessarily that we don’t necessarily have a 3/5 Omni. It’s that all our MUL omnis have glaring flaws.

nova_dew

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #241 on: 28 July 2021, 01:53:00 »
From Jellico on the Wolves thread:

Sorry if I am coming across as testy. I have just been researching Dominion losses in Operation Noyan.
The Bears lost 4 lines on New Oslo but regained 2 through the magic of RecGuides.

In comparison since 3130 the Wolves at least doubled their production lines by 3145 despite losing half a dozen in the OZ. They were mostly IS tech, but RecGuides is showing a significant proportion have been upgraded by 3150. The Empire has also managed to take Skye, which is about 25% of Falcon production and nearly eliminates the Wolf Aero weakness. That is before you count Terra.

So a couple of classic Wolf chassis (and Sojourner) are nice from a feel good perspective,  but they are just a cherry on top of of a very big cake.

Pardon for asking but which two lines were gained, The Dragonfly, Fire moth and the Executioner lines were always in production since we came to the IS (I'm not sure if it's a Rec Guide retcon or not), I can only think of the two Horned Owl lines, but it's early in the morning for me and those could be the ones

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
« Reply #242 on: 28 July 2021, 16:58:44 »
We never had a published Viper line in the Inner Sphere.
The two Firemoth lines have been rubble since the Jihad.
I would have to check my notes to see when these lines came online.

nova_dew

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #243 on: 30 July 2021, 12:56:04 »
Someone, BlackPantsLegion, has made us the best advertising material to date

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=676RB3rRXic

Kerfuffin(925)

• Lieutenant
« Reply #244 on: 01 August 2021, 00:08:57 »
From Jellico on the Wolves thread:

Pardon for asking but which two lines were gained, The Dragonfly, Fire moth and the Executioner lines were always in production since we came to the IS (I'm not sure if it's a Rec Guide retcon or not), I can only think of the two Horned Owl lines, but it's early in the morning for me and those could be the ones

The two we regained are completly unrelated to Operation NOYAN. We had the NOYAN conversation a bit up thread, maybe at the end of the last iteration of this thread even.

The two Rec-Guide lines were the rebuilt Thule (and also goito which I think got lost and retcon removed, not rebuilt) and Jarrett (rebuilt from the ground up for the Horned Owl, factory was destroyed prior to the Invasion in the 50s)  that only made Fire Moths. They got blown to bits as the Jihad was winding down. We will see what other lines we can get up and running, we should have atleast two new domestic mechs. The fluff previously mentioned wanting Thule to become a industrial hub with much more than one line, so my money is that factory will expand rather than any new lines.
« Last Edit: 01 August 2021, 00:59:55 by Kerfuffin(925) »

Register