Register Register

Author Topic: The Mount: Home of Clan Stone Lion  (Read 72098 times)

Dragon41673

• Captain
    • Aries Games & Miniatures
Re: The Mount: Home of Clan Stone Lion
« Reply #570 on: 09 November 2020, 20:11:52 »
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

Sjhernan3060

• Lieutenant
« Reply #571 on: 15 February 2021, 19:50:11 »
I just discovered that the stone lions adopted proto mech pilot phenotype. Do they use the full range of protos are just a few select designs?

Dragon41673

• Captain
    • Aries Games & Miniatures
« Reply #572 on: 15 February 2021, 19:55:05 »
Honestly hard to answer as no other info past WoR is available on them.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #573 on: 17 February 2021, 21:38:01 »
What's funny is that an entire Cluster, the 512th Battle CSL was the 512th Cobra Guards, a possible Protomech Cluster!

And on that note : they were responsible for killing all of the sibkos on Niles ( ! ), but were themselves, Harvested later.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Metallgewitter

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #574 on: 18 February 2021, 12:56:17 »
What's funny is that an entire Cluster, the 512th Battle CSL was the 512th Cobra Guards, a possible Protomech Cluster!

And on that note : they were responsible for killing all of the sibkos on Niles ( ! ), but were themselves, Harvested later.

TT

Not only the sibkos but the Cobras returned later and wiped out every last Horse warrior (though not the Loremaster who had left the planet earlier). Maybe devillar thought that those Horses were "tainted" (as stupid as it sounds) and thought nothing of it

Turaglas

• Corporal
  • carpe noctem
« Reply #575 on: 15 April 2021, 17:30:03 »
So after the split and birth of CSL, did anything majorly change with them besides their trials?  I know the HHs changed based on a lack of mech production culminating into the Mongol Doctrine and quadvees but I know CSL was also a new-not new Hells Horses so I guess they're just the same with different paint?
"This is why the same true fighting will never employ ornate, showy, or wide patterns, [nor will it include] exaggerated moves which are useful only for the entertainment of spectators."

Angrii

• Private
« Reply #576 on: 15 April 2021, 19:29:58 »
So after the split and birth of CSL, did anything majorly change with them besides their trials?  I know the HHs changed based on a lack of mech production culminating into the Mongol Doctrine and quadvees but I know CSL was also a new-not new Hells Horses so I guess they're just the same with different paint?

Even heavier users of Protomechs I'd imagine. Scarcity of resources is a an order of magnitude worse in the homeworlds than anywhere in the Inner Sphere.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #577 on: 15 April 2021, 20:09:32 »
More Infantry, including BA, more Vehicle and Proto use, same amount of Aero, way less mech usage.

Also more into Binary Nova formations then Supernova Trinary ones. That and we still have the Outpost and Outpost Refit as our ' normal ' dropper, since it carries a complete unit, verse Sassanid / Union-C combo. It also adds an Arcadia to this listing for free ( default in Refit upgrade )

I tend to assign an Outpost / Refit and a Carrier to my simple unit, all on board a single Odyssey. ( More " Aero-power " or more Proto / BA, respectfully. )

So looking at this : 10 Mech, 10 Vehicle, 25 BA ( 50 BA- Refit ) 4 Aero ( 10 Proto-Refit ), 10 Aero-Carrier, 2 Sm. Craft- Odyssey ( NL-42 " Battle Taxi " aka Lupus and a Mark VII-C Landing Craft or a Pair of Mark VII-C ) and 10 BA- Odyssey. All in a sngle unit... Scary? Maybe... if I added the other Outpost variant, yes!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Natasha Kerensky

• Captain
  • Queen of Spades, First Lady of Death, Black Widow
« Reply #578 on: 15 April 2021, 23:00:37 »

Two big things in the back of Wars of Reaving Supplemental:

1) CSL trialed and won old CBS production lines and other SFE omnimech lines:  Kingfisher, Blood Kite, Stooping Hawk, etc.  There is a resulting shift towards less expensive designs in the touman.

2) CSL gained Grand Council approval to experiment with Nova CEWS in their combat vehicles.

There may be something about aerospace that I’m not recalling, but those were the two big changes in the ground forces.  Everything else is speculation.

Mongol stuff happened to the Spheroid Horses well after WoR, the end of contact between the the Homeworlds and Spheroid Clans, and the birth of CSL.  CSL would not use that tactical doctrine (although there are some similarities between Malvina’s version and the Aggressors’ thinking regarding terror weapons and WMDs).  That said, we know that all Homeworlds Clans except the Yotes (who were banned) were still using protos after the WoR.

Hope this helps.

« Last Edit: 16 April 2021, 23:51:51 by Natasha Kerensky »
"Ah, yes.  The belle dame sans merci.  The sweet young thing who will blast your nuts off.  The kitten with a whip.  That mystique?"
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
"Variety is the spice of battle."
"I've fought in... what... a hundred battles, a thousand battles?  It could be a million as far as I know.  I've fought for anybody who offered a decent contract and a couple who didn't.  And the universe is not much different after all that.  I could go on fighting for another hundred years and it would still look the same."
"I'm in mourning for my life."
"Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down into darkness."

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Captain
« Reply #579 on: 16 April 2021, 07:55:54 »
After the WoR, the Stone Lions were short on everything, warriors, equipment, everything. The SFE designs were targeted for the same reasons the Blood Spirits chose, durability & less resource cost. Assault, Heavy, and some Medium 'Mechs would go with SFEs for durability, trying to outlast their enemies, even if it means going slower. Fast Lights and Mediums would use an XL engine to get their speed up to the point they're hard to hit.

Shifting towards Protos is something a Clan can do when they have an excess of warriors, but not enough 'Mechs. The Lions don't have a ton of extra warriors so they wouldn't have to make a big shift to Protos, but they're not going to abandon Protos either. Being short on resources overall, the Stone Lions will keep using combined arms to take advantage of the easier training, production & repairs for vehicles over 'Mechs.

Initially, the Stone Lions are going to have a wide variety of units in use as they salvage everything they can.

BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

Turaglas

• Corporal
  • carpe noctem
« Reply #580 on: 16 April 2021, 14:21:45 »
Alright thanks guys.
"This is why the same true fighting will never employ ornate, showy, or wide patterns, [nor will it include] exaggerated moves which are useful only for the entertainment of spectators."

Register