Register Register

Author Topic: The Wolf Empire: Our Khan Beat Devlin Stone in a Savage Wolf! Buy Savage Wolves!  (Read 141947 times)

Colt Ward

• Colonel
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
The Horses cannot get through the Fortress wall themselves yet, giving the Wolves months to repair, heal and move forces in preparation.  Sure, it is no longer the 14 galaxy (+3 regiment & 1 oversized Warden galaxy) that participated on Terra but they are also going to be better troops than what the Horses could bring.  Seven (at least, more likely 9) Wolf galaxies, one Falcon galaxy (and bs, there are more than that left), a galaxy or two of Jaguars, and oh yeah, 10+ warships with flotillas of assault DS . . . the Horses could not bring enough to take Terra, especially in contesting the ilClanship they would be considered dezgra by the forces on Terra.
Colt Ward

Beware the vengeance of a patient man.
Clan Invasion Backer #149

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
They've got the Falcons too. But there are only like.. three clusters of them alive. That being said, I don't think there were many more Wolves alive either. The way the Falcons fought means that it won't be as easy as just giving people time to heal. They were murdering warriors left and right.

Not that I think it really matters. We know they win from products with blurbs from the future.
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

rebs

• Colonel
  • I agree to disagree.
But we don't know what the Horses do in the meantime.   Or the Bears. 

But we do know what the Sea Foxes do.  We profit.  ::)

Colt Ward

• Colonel
  • Gott Mit Uns
They've got the Falcons too. But there are only like.. three clusters of them alive. That being said, I don't think there were many more Wolves alive either. The way the Falcons fought means that it won't be as easy as just giving people time to heal. They were murdering warriors left and right.

Not that I think it really matters. We know they win from products with blurbs from the future.

Yeah, already gone through how that nonsense of 40 warriors left was wrong.  And even saying the Wolves had only 50% of their force left from the start is the least likely outcome- so say 7.5 galaxies . . . probably closer to 9 of the 15+ at the start of the invasion.

But I will circle back, WTF with the Bloody Paw.
Colt Ward

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel

The Wolves were at 80% strength and landed with 14 galaxies, not counting the Exiles and Dragoons.

CJC070

• Warrant Officer

I thought only about one cluster was all that remained

Colt Ward

• Colonel
  • Gott Mit Uns
One cluster is a BS number in the first place- their aerospace forces remaining orbit alone provide more than a cluster of troops.

I am assuming that 80% strength is mentioned in a section I have not gotten to yet.  But Republic bondsmen were freed on the eve of battle to join the touman to fight the Falcons.  Further, those 20% would have been personnel losses- the Wolves had brought spare equipment as well as salvaging what they could- which means about 3 galaxies of troops KIA or WIA from fighting the RAF . . . and those WIA were not in a position to join in fighting the Falcons.  Make that 20% 50/50 (which is never is, but suppose) it means the Wolves should regain roughly 1.5 galaxies of troops back from the injured rosters.
Colt Ward

nova_dew

• Warrant Officer
But we don't know what the Horses do in the meantime.   Or the Bears. 

But we do know what the Sea Foxes do.  We profit.  ::)

we know what the bears will do... sleep, then get attacked by the Drac's, it's what we do

Also Wolves have a number of units using WoB/C* unit structure, thanks to a certain Bear, you'd think that even now doing anything remotely WoBby would be a no no
A member of Clan Ghost Bears Legal Team

SteveRestless

• Major
  • Clan Wolf Rho Galaxy "The Altered Beasts"
Starting a new thread since we're nearly to the cap on this one.

New Thread
Want to Track your own unit? Try the LUCK system | NonCanon Units Index!

Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

rebs

• Colonel
  • I agree to disagree.
Do we spam for the Empire?

rebs

• Colonel
  • I agree to disagree.
Or can a mod shut her down if Kitsune asks?

Colt Ward

• Colonel
  • Gott Mit Uns

Oops, wrong Empire.
Colt Ward