Register Register

Author Topic: Where are they now?  (Read 3491 times)

JAMES_PRYDE

• Warrant Officer
  • Stephanie & Jiyi Chistu "Restoring Honor to CJF !"
    • Clan Jade Falcon:  SWTOR
Re: Where are they now?
« Reply #30 on: 08 August 2022, 05:12:36 »
Depends on how their rebuilding process looks like. If they try to fill their toumans with Clanners only (VERY unlikely) then it will take decades as Clan sibkos aren't exactly huge when it comes to graduates unless they relax the graduation requirments and don't get me started on having actual Iron wombs on Terra. What most likely will happen is that other Clans send troops as "contribuition to the Ilclan" (that's how i would word it) and also massive recruitment of Terrans into their armies as the Wolves already did that with former Leaguers and Lyrans after all so why not Terrans too) And let's not forget the Empire is under attack and basically no one is home except the remnants of Empire security forces I would bet the Falcons might stick to pure Clanners and maybe the best Terrans as a mirror of the original Blackwatch who only recruited Gunslingers. Of course troops is one thing the other is material. Alaric seems to have bargained a lot of salvage away to the Foxes so how he will restock his Mech forces is another thing. While Terra has the most productive Mech factories in the IS they need ressources too as Terra is in essence depleted of raw materials (as the Republic found out during the Fortress period)

Sudeten has mech factories, you know, just saying :thumbsup:
[CJF: Swtor] http://cjf.enjin.com /http://jamespryde2704.wix.com/falcon-net-cjf-hpg

nova_dew

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #31 on: 08 August 2022, 06:48:23 »
Sudeten has mech factories, you know, just saying :thumbsup:

Also also Alaric may also have the Free Guilds, and a good trading partnership with the Foxes, they're not going to have mech issues ever, unless needed for the story of course, the only thing Alaric is missing is troops and i'm pretty sure something is going to happen in each clan that either makes the whole lot or some join him so that wont be an issue in a say 3153 at the latest
A member of Clan Ghost Bears Legal Team

TheDenogginizer85

• Recruit
« Reply #32 on: 12 August 2022, 22:00:58 »
I'm kind of wondering how many Fidelis are left that didn't join the reformed Jaguars. Especially seeing as the Fidelis wasn't comprised of just former Jags, and IIRC correctly Paul Moon told Alaric that some would most likely choose to remain Fidelis and that they should be allowed to pursue their own destiny or something along those lines.

Either way I'd still imagine the Fidelis would most likely be in league with Alaric. Maybe the Jaguars and Fidelis would be different divisions of his Rapid Deployment Force. With the Jaguars being his front line Inner Sphere unit and the Fidelis being an expeditionary unit that would assist the Snow Ravens in the periphery or something in that regard.

I also wonder if Inanna was the only Nova Cat to stick around. Although not mentioned, I wouldn't be surprised if the Fidelis have one or two Nova Cat bloodnames. 

Guardian11

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #33 on: 21 August 2022, 20:34:55 »
One thing to note is that in Empire Alone it's mentioned that when the Clan Protectorate and the Silver Hawk Coalition are fighting over Stewart, it's discovered that the Corean Enterprises factories on Stewart were stripped of most of their machinery when the Wolves departed for Terra. So it seems like the Wolves brought at least some of their manufacturing capacity with them to Terra. Also, it's speculated that the Wolves first task would be to create a buffer zone around Terra, those same planets would also be available to provide their resources to Terra's factories.

Also, the Wolves could probably have given the Sea Foxes all the Republic salvage, and anything damaged beyond immediate repair to the Sea Foxes and still have more than enough Mechs to rebuild the Wolves to their 3145 strength. All the Republic salvage alone would probably be more than enough for the Sea Foxes to be paid in more than full. We're talking entire divisions worth of Republic equipment, which could be easily sold to nearly any Great House or Merc Unit.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • The 1st Federated Suns Lancers will arise again!
« Reply #34 on: 21 August 2022, 22:13:14 »
One thing to note is that in Empire Alone it's mentioned that when the Clan Protectorate and the Silver Hawk Coalition are fighting over Stewart, it's discovered that the Corean Enterprises factories on Stewart were stripped of most of their machinery when the Wolves departed for Terra. So it seems like the Wolves brought at least some of their manufacturing capacity with them to Terra. Also, it's speculated that the Wolves first task would be to create a buffer zone around Terra, those same planets would also be available to provide their resources to Terra's factories.

Also, the Wolves could probably have given the Sea Foxes all the Republic salvage, and anything damaged beyond immediate repair to the Sea Foxes and still have more than enough Mechs to rebuild the Wolves to their 3145 strength. All the Republic salvage alone would probably be more than enough for the Sea Foxes to be paid in more than full. We're talking entire divisions worth of Republic equipment, which could be easily sold to nearly any Great House or Merc Unit.

The last thing the Wolves would want is to arm anyone that might be a threat.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

Metallgewitter

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #35 on: 22 August 2022, 04:06:25 »

Rebuilding material losses? Sure thing. But what about the manpower? The Wolves and Falcons were put through the ringer. First against the Republic then against themselves. The Falcons are down to..what. a Galaxy of troops? The Wolves might have been more lucky but there are still giant holes in their forces to take on the entire IS at once (and remember the Terran wall has a short life expectancy). Plus the Republic had problems keeping their supply given Terra's industry's hunger for ressources (and that was the entire Prefecture X). What makes you think the Wolves will have a better time especially as Alaric stripped most of his Jumpships from his Empire. Also, we don't know yet what House Liao does. If they cut into the Empire that is adjunct to the Sol system getting supplies might become even more hazardous. What we do know is that the Wolves in the Empire managed to build 2 Galaxies by activating their sibkos but Wolf's Dragoons are simply stealing said recruits and Solahmas (and even sacking the Capital world Gienah) while the Free worlds are now at fullfledged war further diminsihing ressource delivieries to Terra. Alaric will have to pull other tricks to rebuild his forces (more likely contributions from other Clans as well as former RAF forces)

Grahad

• Private
« Reply #36 on: 22 August 2022, 07:18:16 »
Tamar Rising lists the Falcons (not the ones on Terra, which have about one Galaxy if I remember correctly) to two BM clusters, so a barebone Galaxy.
Add four sibkos (courtesy of the Ghost Bears), which can range up to 100 cadets each, so theoretically on the  average 200ish cadets but if I remember correctly the actual numbers was between 60-80 since they were on the verge of graduation ( and many cadets flushed out).
Then you have a hired mercenary company ( Lone Wolves) with about one battalion of mechs and the fact that Jiyi seems having no issues about enlisting Freeborns, that they are still scooping up garrisons and sibkos from the JF OC (No Substitute for Victory) etc so the numbers could spiral upwards quickly.
On top of that, as I was saying in the JF thread, while this "grab whatever you can" attitude seems to point at a rag tag force, Jiyi must be some miracle worker since the Tamar Rising TAR ( which is official afaik) lists the Sentinels at fanatical morale and elite status, above the active and in the action Hell Horses Galaxies in the area.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #37 on: 23 August 2022, 16:49:47 »
It's funny, if the rest of the Inner Sphere hadn't been going through the ringer for the last few decades then wiping the Wolves and Jade Falcons out would be child's play for any of the Inner Sphere states right now. The Ghost Bears are one of the few factions near full strength still and could take Terra and the Wolves without a sweat. Possibly the Snow Ravens as well if they used there warship fleet to the utmost.

Kerfuffin(925)

• Captain
« Reply #38 on: 23 August 2022, 17:49:02 »
It's funny, if the rest of the Inner Sphere hadn't been going through the ringer for the last few decades then wiping the Wolves and Jade Falcons out would be child's play for any of the Inner Sphere states right now. The Ghost Bears are one of the few factions near full strength still and could take Terra and the Wolves without a sweat. Possibly the Snow Ravens as well if they used there warship fleet to the utmost.

To be fair ‘right now’ for the RasDom is about 4 years behind everyone else. FM3145 RasDom could whoop a post ilClan trial combined behind the wall force. But we haven’t seen the full implications of the brewing civil war hinted at in the newest novel or what happens to them in a larger sense with Dominions Divided.

But yeah on, what is now in-universe, out of date info they could easily. Plus they have the path through the Wall.
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #39 on: 23 August 2022, 23:49:42 »
lol, thread went from where are they now vis a vis the lost clans to "where do they stand now".  It's all good reading to me.

I think the only way the IS could take down a current clan is IF that faction (or alliance of factions) managed to pull together like they did in Task Force Serpent.  I think everything would go Game of Thrones and it would be carnage everywhere and the initial target would stand equal chances of annihilation, bare survival, or 'winning'.
War does not determine who is right, only who is left. -- said no Clanner ... ever!

KS #1357

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #40 on: 24 August 2022, 08:09:45 »
lol, thread went from where are they now vis a vis the lost clans to "where do they stand now".  It's all good reading to me.

I think the only way the IS could take down a current clan is IF that faction (or alliance of factions) managed to pull together like they did in Task Force Serpent.  I think everything would go Game of Thrones and it would be carnage everywhere and the initial target would stand equal chances of annihilation, bare survival, or 'winning'.

Communications are still a issue unless I missed the part where the HPG's got fixed. But none of the Inner Sphere houses are on talking terms at the moment.

Guardian11

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #41 on: 24 August 2022, 19:39:39 »
Communications are still a issue unless I missed the part where the HPG's got fixed. But none of the Inner Sphere houses are on talking terms at the moment.
The Sea Foxes may have found a solution, if the last page of Tamar Rising is any indication, but it's doubtful they are going to share it with the IS if it means the IS pulling together and defeating the Clans.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #42 on: 24 August 2022, 19:47:35 »
The Sea Foxes may have found a solution, if the last page of Tamar Rising is any indication, but it's doubtful they are going to share it with the IS if it means the IS pulling together and defeating the Clans.

*coughFreeWorldsLeaguecough*
Colt Ward

Beware the vengeance of a patient man.
Clan Invasion Backer #149
Leviathans #104

Kerfuffin(925)

• Captain
« Reply #43 on: 24 August 2022, 19:51:06 »

That’s a odd conclusion given what happened to the clans we’ve covered so far. A concentrated push from the Leauge (or the Lyrans) could demolish what’s left of Wolf Empire Wolves. At best they have 1.5 galaxies of dregs. The falcons are in the same position, only worse, anything they can call from terra is around a cluster or so in size.

Tech be damned, throwing 3-4 regiments at the wolf empire will cripple them. Half that for the Falcons who have big problems within their Microstates all being out for themselves.

We’ll have to wait and see for any of the other big players.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #44 on: 26 August 2022, 18:50:42 »
Well we do know that the CapCon wants to take Terra and Daoshan probably will want to lead the attack (from the safety of his flagship) himself.

Metallgewitter

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #45 on: 29 August 2022, 04:31:34 »
Well we do know that the CapCon wants to take Terra and Daoshan probably will want to lead the attack (from the safety of his flagship) himself.

At the end of Empire Alone the Free Worlds went from "take a few planets" to "Yolo rip the Empire to pieces!" Should the Lyrans realize the same they could also take a good chunk from the Empire to boost Trilian's standings. So if Alaric decides to show his face he might crash right into one or two or even three simultaenous attack waves.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #46 on: 29 August 2022, 07:31:17 »
At the end of Empire Alone the Free Worlds went from "take a few planets" to "Yolo rip the Empire to pieces!" Should the Lyrans realize the same they could also take a good chunk from the Empire to boost Trilian's standings. So if Alaric decides to show his face he might crash right into one or two or even three simultaenous attack waves.

Which would put paid to the IlClan right off the bat.

Church14

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #47 on: 29 August 2022, 10:31:04 »

At this moment, AML, Fallen Falcons, and pretty much the entire Wolf Empire could get wiped if just the Lyrans and FWL went for it. The Lyrans would be overextending badly, but FWL can actually do this. The nuFalcons had the brains to get Mercs. The Wolf Empire just went through the “old men and boys” level of recruitment to get up to 10 clusters and several already got savaged. If they want more, it’s child soldier or merc time.

So a few clans can see extinction from their current standing, even if we expect from an out of universe POV that old factions won’t just disappear.

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
« Reply #48 on: 29 August 2022, 14:30:31 »
The Lyrans have literal unclaimed, undefended planets to occupy all the way to Arc Royal. I question their ability to walk and chew gum right now, so pick one direction and stick with it.

Metallgewitter

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #49 on: 30 August 2022, 02:33:25 »
The Lyrans have literal unclaimed, undefended planets to occupy all the way to Arc Royal. I question their ability to walk and chew gum right now, so pick one direction and stick with it.

True though if the Lyrans want to get back some important planets like Gallery or New Kyoto (sites of important industry) they will have to attack the Empire. Of course with most empire planets currently only defended by Wolf police it might be easy enough to conquer such a planet (unless the population has grown into the caste system) And haven't the Lyrans already taken a small bite out of the Empire as well? In Empire Alone they took Dixie (which was a mercenary snafu) and I think they also took some close to Tharkad as well.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #50 on: 30 August 2022, 12:14:30 »
Lyrans could if there was a HPG network running and the bright Boys on Tharkad knew what is going on. But they dont.

Metallgewitter

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #51 on: 31 August 2022, 16:15:45 »
Lyrans could if there was a HPG network running and the bright Boys on Tharkad knew what is going on. But they dont.

True. They are mostly occupied with rogue Dukes and other "disloyal" elements. But who knows maybe Nikol will offer an olive branch as a "together we stand" appeal.

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #52 on: 31 August 2022, 16:53:43 »
hold on,

how is the HPG network currently?  That affects everything that we are theorizing, right?
War does not determine who is right, only who is left. -- said no Clanner ... ever!

KS #1357

Kerfuffin(925)

• Captain
« Reply #53 on: 31 August 2022, 17:17:03 »
hold on,

how is the HPG network currently?  That affects everything that we are theorizing, right?

iirc Sharks are starting to get stuff up and running piecemeal.

And the Scorpion Empire was far enough out that their stuff was unaffected, so in theory the Homeworlds wouldn't have been either, but no one knows what's going on there so it's kind of moot

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #54 on: 31 August 2022, 19:48:39 »
sooo ... if all the blind people could somehow coordinate, fair enough -- some of them, then faction x could totally take down faction y.  But everyone firstly has no true idea of what is going on.

KS #1357

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #55 on: 31 August 2022, 20:18:04 »
With the right ships in place you can pony express from Terra to the Periphery in a week. Not many factions have the spare hardware for that. Worse is moving around the Sphere. Nationally flagged ships aren't going to move easily across borders. Eg the Dominion is basically an information wall between the DC and LC for official business.
 Then you get into branch lines. How often are worlds off the main routes checked on. Will the visiting ships care enough to pass anything more than rumors on to the government?

So scrapping together useful information then verifing it can take a while.

Metallgewitter

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #56 on: 01 September 2022, 13:09:29 »
There are still some HPG's running (in Empire Alone there were mentions that HPg's messages are still sent to worlds with working ones) I even think that the malfunctioning HPG stations can get messages just not send them. Funny enough the Fax hardware was basically written into oblivion despite being mentioned in the first novel Ghost war

Kerfuffin(925)

• Captain
« Reply #57 on: 01 September 2022, 13:24:57 »
There are still some HPG's running (in Empire Alone there were mentions that HPg's messages are still sent to worlds with working ones) I even think that the malfunctioning HPG stations can get messages just not send them. Funny enough the Fax hardware was basically written into oblivion despite being mentioned in the first novel Ghost war

The black box thing was a big discussion in gen chat a year or so ago. Iirc it boiled down to they basically invalidated the HPG network falling apart and it had to go bye-bye.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #58 on: 02 September 2022, 17:02:30 »
Which is a shame. Black Boxes were essentially radios. Anyone with a Black Box could read each other's mail. Which is why you use code.

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #59 on: 03 September 2022, 01:30:23 »
Black boxes were a deus ex machina to let the good guys ignore the universe rules 40 years ago. Good riddance.