Register Register

Author Topic: MWO Winterfest 2020 - Advent Calendar / Stocking Stuffer / 28th Holiday Bonus  (Read 994 times)

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt

Lot of holiday stuff this year, its almost like they are trying to revive interest in the game or something...

https://mwomercs.com/news/2020/12/2466-mwo-holiday-events
Advent Calendar stuff, minor easily achievable stuff every day leading up to Christmas. Its not restricted to just that day either so plenty of time to get them done.

https://mwomercs.com/tournaments?t=202012stocking
Classic lootbag event, no 'Mechs to earn just colors and patterns. Phase 1 get 1 lootbag for each 100 Match score you accumulate, Phase 2 1 lootbag for each 100 damage you do.

And the return of the good old Boxing Day event extended to New Years Eve.

Just C-Bill boosted version of existing variants with the default pattern set to mountain line, but get them and quite a lot for one game.

MarauderD

• Captain
Good idea--I hope they are able to encourage participation.  I'm curious as to how much they will reinvest in MWO this year.  I think they are taking good steps, but the proof will be in the pudding. 

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
Won't say no to a free Urbie!
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

Whenever you use terms like 'fiat' or 'stupid pills', you render your argument invalid

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way

Nightlord01

• Lieutenant
Good idea--I hope they are able to encourage participation.  I'm curious as to how much they will reinvest in MWO this year.  I think they are taking good steps, but the proof will be in the pudding.

It's a good move, the C-Bill boost will encourage new players to play more.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
The only problem I had with the bonus Max worth at the individual Max were no longer considered Phoenix hot or UrbanMech. They were Fireball. Phoenix Hawk and Snowball the urban mech which could be darn confusing making some one think they were facing actual light Fireball vs Medium size Phoenix Hawk!
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
The only problem I had with the bonus Max worth at the individual Max were no longer considered Phoenix hot or UrbanMech. They were Fireball. Phoenix Hawk and Snowball the urban mech which could be darn confusing making some one think they were facing actual light Fireball vs Medium size Phoenix Hawk!

The Hermes II Mercury would like to have a word.

That would never stop PGI if they really wanted to release the Fireball for real, but yeah even if they do restart 'Mech packs think that light will be waaaay down the list.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
They need to do SOMETHING.  things are pretty static, but the surviving MWO (including me) are fine at the moment. We need at least another map or 2 spice things up.

I can't stand Solaris.  I secretly want a Hauptmann OmniMech in the game since it's most feasible thing they could pop in there.   Thunderhawk would be joyful but i doubt that would happen.  Light Mech wise i'd like see actual Fireball in the game for hilarity it racing over engined UrbanMechs.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki