Register Register

Author Topic: Flechs Sheets (Digital Record Sheets)  (Read 28240 times)

mvp7

• Master Sergeant
Re: Flechs Sheets (Digital Record Sheets)
« Reply #270 on: 03 May 2021, 10:54:54 »
Thanks for making the Sheets! It's really useful tool.

Bison AIs

• Master Sergeant
  • Flechs Dev
    • Flechs
« Reply #271 on: 03 May 2021, 12:11:54 »
Thanks for making the Sheets! It's really useful tool.

Thanks! Happy it's been useful!

Bison AIs

• Master Sergeant
  • Flechs Dev
    • Flechs
« Reply #272 on: 06 May 2021, 07:32:46 »
Main >>> 6.3.0

Added: Manual-marking only support for iATM.
Damage and range display as "*".
Standard, HE and ER rounds for iATM display as just those rounds for 'ATM' rather than 'iATM' specifically.

Added: TSEMP one-shot. Limitation: No effects on hit.
Added: Display support for Ground Mobile HPG; Doesn't block automations but is inert.
Added: Full support support for clan compact engine.

(The update with full support for AES also hit main.)

mvp7

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #273 on: 06 May 2021, 10:08:46 »
Thank you for another update!

There's one small pet peeve I have with the Sheets. I know the it's really designed for larger resolutions but when used through browser on 1080p monitor, the default zoom (i.e. fully zoomed out) really squishes the emboldened numbers 6 and 8 (and to a lesser degree 9) in a way that makes them really hard to distinguish. Zooming in just one step makes the font readable but it would be great if there was an alternative font available with less compressing and/or differently shaped 6, 8 and 9.

FenderSaxbey

• Sergeant
« Reply #274 on: 06 May 2021, 12:08:06 »
Awesome! The Hammerhead now loads thanks to AES support!

Bison AIs

• Master Sergeant
  • Flechs Dev
    • Flechs
« Reply #275 on: 07 May 2021, 09:05:44 »
Awesome! The Hammerhead now loads thanks to AES support!

🔨⏰

Bison AIs

• Master Sergeant
  • Flechs Dev
    • Flechs
« Reply #276 on: 07 May 2021, 09:17:41 »
Thank you for another update!

There's one small pet peeve I have with the Sheets. I know the it's really designed for larger resolutions but when used through browser on 1080p monitor, the default zoom (i.e. fully zoomed out) really squishes the emboldened numbers 6 and 8 (and to a lesser degree 9) in a way that makes them really hard to distinguish. Zooming in just one step makes the font readable but it would be great if there was an alternative font available with less compressing and/or differently shaped 6, 8 and 9.

Thanks for the note — I admit I do little testing on screens that aren't high density so am not keyed into the amount of friction users like yourself may experience...

An alt font solutions is not terribly likely but I did have thoughts on improving armor/internal label numeric legibility generally — even on high-res tablets, when they're laying on a table and you're standing those numbers are not really legible...

Knowing a better solution would help core and adjacent use cases is pretty good to know though and can help me prioritize the item accordingly!

Bison AIs

• Master Sergeant
  • Flechs Dev
    • Flechs
« Reply #277 on: 07 May 2021, 09:54:12 »
...when used through browser on 1080p monitor...

Oh also — just in case its news — using Chrome you can install FS and launch it in a window without the browser address bar, controls, etc.

FS can also be run fullscreen from Chrome installed or not, though obviously that's a no-go if you're pairing FS with TTS or Roll20 of course.

Though it's only a little extra space in each case, when it comes to text anti-aliasing and legibility complications, every little size bump can help.

Also, I totally get if you're using FF and prefer to stick with that. I do know for a fact though that FF does not support desktop installation & launching in a separate more minimal window. However, there may be general FF settings I don't know about that'd allow hiding the browser address bar etc.

mvp7

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #278 on: 07 May 2021, 10:23:11 »
Oh also — just in case its news — using Chrome you can install FS and launch it in a window without the browser address bar, controls, etc.

FS can also be run fullscreen from Chrome installed or not, though obviously that's a no-go if you're pairing FS with TTS or Roll20 of course.

Though it's only a little extra space in each case, when it comes to text anti-aliasing and legibility complications, every little size bump can help.

Also, I totally get if you're using FF and prefer to stick with that. I do know for a fact though that FF does not support desktop installation & launching in a separate more minimal window. However, there may be general FF settings I don't know about that'd allow hiding the browser address bar etc.
Thanks!

I'm using Chrome and I have two 1080p monitors, one in landscape and one in portrait orientation. On the screen in landscape (i.e. normal) orientation going full screen actually makes the sixes, eights and nines squish less but the whole sheet is still a bit too small to use.

Really oddly on the similar screen (same make, model and settings) in portrait orientation the sheet is actually more zoomed in than it is on the other screen so everything is "larger", but for some reason the numbers still get emboldened and squished together even though the sheet has more pixels to work with than it does on the other screen.

Bison AIs

• Master Sergeant
  • Flechs Dev
    • Flechs
« Reply #279 on: 18 May 2021, 15:36:18 »
Thanks!

I'm using Chrome and I have two 1080p monitors, one in landscape and one in portrait orientation. On the screen in landscape (i.e. normal) orientation going full screen actually makes the sixes, eights and nines squish less but the whole sheet is still a bit too small to use.

Really oddly on the similar screen (same make, model and settings) in portrait orientation the sheet is actually more zoomed in than it is on the other screen so everything is "larger", but for some reason the numbers still get emboldened and squished together even though the sheet has more pixels to work with than it does on the other screen.

All I can say for sure is that in my experience, below a certain threshold, text anti-aliasing quality doesn't correlate to size, i.e. bigger won't mean better quality — quality could go up and down contingent on the combination of size, positioning, anti-aliasing method and the particular typeface.

Bison AIs

• Master Sergeant
  • Flechs Dev
    • Flechs
« Reply #280 on: 18 May 2021, 15:38:50 »
Preview >>> 7.0.0 (b21-05-18-...)

Added: Weapon heat effects to target for Flamers and Plasma weapons. Limitation: Flamers behave as if the optional rule 'Enhanced Flamers' is always in effect — this can not be changed.
 v7.x.x or higher.

Fixed: Mek Tasers should have a +1 to hit modifier.
Fixed: Issues parsing entries for IS heavy flamer and vehicle flamer in mtf files.

Main >>> 6.3.2
Fixed: Heat for MRM 20,30,40 should be 6,10,12.

>>> 6.3.1
Fixed: Per the rules, if a unit's starting loadout had a max range < 5 the crippling damage clause 'ranged attack range < 5' should never apply.

Internal: Build target changed from es2017 to es2018; Older browsers that were not technically supported are now even less supported.

Bison AIs

• Master Sergeant
  • Flechs Dev
    • Flechs
« Reply #281 on: 24 May 2021, 10:22:35 »
Main >>> 7.0.0

Update includes heat-effects-on-target functionality.

Note: All players in a network game will need to be running 7.x.x.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #282 on: 24 May 2021, 12:47:09 »
Congrats! I realized recently that I have two iPads: my daily driver that supports Apple Pencil and my old one I *was* planning to sell. But it occurs to me this could be the second record sheet device in any given game.

Just need vehicles and infantry. <whistles innocently>
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Bison AIs

• Master Sergeant
  • Flechs Dev
    • Flechs
« Reply #283 on: 24 May 2021, 14:55:24 »
! Main reverting to 6.3.2 due to a bug in 7.0.0...

Bison AIs

• Master Sergeant
  • Flechs Dev
    • Flechs
« Reply #284 on: 24 May 2021, 15:25:56 »
Congrats! I realized recently that I have two iPads: my daily driver that supports Apple Pencil and my old one I *was* planning to sell. But it occurs to me this could be the second record sheet device in any given game.

Just need vehicles and infantry. <whistles innocently>

Ha, nice!

FWIW, as far as iPads go I know there's a cut-off at some point before 2017, though I can't say when exactly off the top of my head— might make sure to test before planning to use it in a game...

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #285 on: 24 May 2021, 15:40:47 »
Mini 4 and 5.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Bison AIs

• Master Sergeant
  • Flechs Dev
    • Flechs
« Reply #286 on: 26 May 2021, 08:37:19 »
Ok, take 2.

Main >>> 7.0.1

Heat-effects (w/ a fix);

🌟 Thanks to a user who caught an initial issue.

Register