Register Register

Author Topic: Flechs Sheets (Digital Record Sheets)  (Read 26670 times)

TriplerSDMB

• Corporal
  • I ♥ C4
Re: Flechs Sheets (Digital Record Sheets)
« Reply #240 on: 31 January 2021, 18:02:50 »
Thanks!  I'm on Android v. 8.1.0

Chrome locks up completely after loading a Mech's sheet.  Using Android Chrome v88.0.4324.93

Firefox loads a sheet, and I can get into the weapons phase, and all the subsequent phases, just simply can't allocate damage to myself.  Using Android Firefox v. 85.1.1

DISCLAIMER: All thoughts and ideas put forth in this communication are sole property of the voices in my head. ©1998-2021 - 'The Voices' (TM). All rights reserved.

TriplerSDMB

• Corporal
  • I ♥ C4
« Reply #241 on: 31 January 2021, 18:21:25 »
Desktop, Win 10, Firefox seems to be working fine.
DISCLAIMER: All thoughts and ideas put forth in this communication are sole property of the voices in my head. ©1998-2021 - 'The Voices' (TM). All rights reserved.

Bison AIs

• Master Sergeant
  • Flechs Dev
    • Flechs
« Reply #242 on: 31 January 2021, 18:27:08 »
Thanks!  I'm on Android v. 8.1.0

Chrome locks up completely after loading a Mech's sheet.  Using Android Chrome v88.0.4324.93

Firefox loads a sheet, and I can get into the weapons phase, and all the subsequent phases, just simply can't allocate damage to myself.  Using Android Firefox v. 85.1.1

Cool, thanks! Could you clarify the specific device?

Bison AIs

• Master Sergeant
  • Flechs Dev
    • Flechs
« Reply #243 on: 02 February 2021, 14:54:54 »
For anyone else experiencing issues in Chrome on a Galaxy Tab A, I have confirmation from one affected user that things work fine using Chrome Dev instead of Chrome.

(Chrome Dev is an in-progress Chrome release with additional in-progress features and bug fixes. It can be downloaded normally from the Google Play Store.)

FenderSaxbey

• Sergeant
« Reply #244 on: 02 February 2021, 15:00:13 »
For anyone else experiencing issues in Chrome on a Galaxy Tab A, I have confirmation from one affected user that things work fine using Chrome Dev instead of Chrome.

(Chrome Dev is an in-progress Chrome release with additional in-progress features and bug fixes. It can be downloaded normally from the Google Play Store.)

I just confirmed that things are working on Chrome Beta (testing version of the next Chrome release) on the Galaxy TabA as well. Hopefully that means things will be sorted with the next Chrome release, but either of these options should work for now.

Bison AIs

• Master Sergeant
  • Flechs Dev
    • Flechs
« Reply #245 on: 02 February 2021, 15:29:36 »
Also, I'll be looking into the reported Firefox peculiarity once I get a little more info on the Chrome issue.

(Galaxy TabA running Android through Firefox)

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #246 on: 02 February 2021, 15:37:47 »
Should I check Edge on my desktop for something? It's Chromium.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

FenderSaxbey

• Sergeant
« Reply #247 on: 02 February 2021, 15:42:38 »

Maybe. I don't have problems with Flechs on Chrome on my desktop, just the tablet version (and maybe just on these Samsung tablets) seem to be the issue.

Bison AIs

• Master Sergeant
  • Flechs Dev
    • Flechs
« Reply #248 on: 02 February 2021, 15:47:13 »

Wouldn't sweat it -- I've had difficulty reproducing the issue even on similar Samsun Galaxy Tab A's even using the same point release of Chrome. (Always open for bug reports though if you do run into something of course.)

Bison AIs

• Master Sergeant
  • Flechs Dev
    • Flechs
« Reply #249 on: 04 February 2021, 11:34:43 »
On another topic -- there's been a few bug fixes on main in a few smaller unmentioned updates thanks to some good catches from users:

Fixed: Failing to parse omnimech MTFs produced by some versions of MegaMekLab due to the inclusion of the omnipod flag in component list.

Fixed: Heat for ATM 6|9|12 incorrect.
Fixed: Snub-Nosed PPC should have a minimum of 0.

Fixed: For Punch and Kick damage calculation influenced by missing or damaged actuators, final damage should be rounded DOWN.

Bison AIs

• Master Sergeant
  • Flechs Dev
    • Flechs
« Reply #250 on: 17 February 2021, 11:28:58 »
An entirely new movement dropdown menu has been in progress for a while

Example gifs: https://imgur.com/a/fGihrG9

A working standalone test version is now live: https://flechs.net/move-menu/  8)
(It currently displays as if for a unit that has an 8/12/8 movement profile.)

I'm fairly confident the menu is rules-accurate but some poking-around by knowledgeable players would be for the best -- if anything looks wrong, please holler!

Here's what the menu/test should do beyond handling input for distance + depth:

• Display accurate target movement modifier(s).

• Visualize the maximum traversable distances and depths. Moreover, visually distinguish between 'hard' out of bounds (due to max initial MP, move mode and terrain restrictions) and 'soft' out of bounds (due to expended MP or invocation of the minimum movement rule).

• Note all the reasons why a particular path may be illegal. (This data be used later for asking the user for clarification if they select what appears to be an illegal path -- right now the test just displays internally used flags at the bottom.)

Cheers!
« Last Edit: 17 February 2021, 11:30:44 by Bison AIs »

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #251 on: 17 February 2021, 11:51:50 »
It looks like things are maturing to a point where it might be worthwhile to regroup and smooth the experience path for a new user. I said that because the new movement menu looks very robust but a little intimidating. I'm wondering if something like a "guided mode" like highlighting what would be the normal next step in the sheet for showing the new user how the sheets normally work.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Bison AIs

• Master Sergeant
  • Flechs Dev
    • Flechs
« Reply #252 on: 17 February 2021, 15:39:09 »
It looks like things are maturing to a point where it might be worthwhile to regroup and smooth the experience path for a new user. I said that because the new movement menu looks very robust but a little intimidating. I'm wondering if something like a "guided mode" like highlighting what would be the normal next step in the sheet for showing the new user how the sheets normally work.

Thanks for the thoughts. There a few considerations you might be interested in -- I'll try to be brief and can elaborate as desired.

The menu prototype linked to above is not at the last step before going into production. It will be placed in context (preview), tested, and refined before it hits main. In that time the priority will shift away from rule-accuracy (both necessary and all I'm looking for right now) to more UX-related priorities like making sure it reads clearly and works fast and unobtrusively.

FWIW, visually articulating 'what's next' was an original goal behind the obligation strip -- a literal ordered list of items that can and/or must be done. The strip is certainly not the end of that goal though -- visually emphasizing sheet sections contingent on phase and context (e.g. highlighting weapon/physical entries on entering that phase or maybe even zooming the sheet to relevant locations) has always been in the back of my mind, just out-prioritized...

Relatedly, there's a robust roadmap here ( https://quire.io/w/Flechs-sheets/ ) that may provide a little insight into project priorities and where current work sits in relation to them. Note that some core rules-related functionality is almost completely missing -- water-related rules in particular... Notably, water  interacts with almost every aspect of the game and creates corresponding UI complications like necessitating changes to how movement is handled...    :(    I managed to skip it until now because it comes up so infrequently but it's one of the last areas of core (AGoAC intro rules) functionality. (!)

Lastly, possibly relevant: There are two newer introductory videos here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEMsNUUD_m-PktWklTIt6ceai30q3yTUA .
I know that FS is not self-teaching -- that's not even a goal atm tbh -- but I do hope it's see-it-once-and-get-it given the right introduction.

Sorry that's a lot of words... Feel free to ask for shorter responses and thanks for speaking up!
« Last Edit: 17 February 2021, 15:41:47 by Bison AIs »

Bison AIs

• Master Sergeant
  • Flechs Dev
    • Flechs
« Reply #253 on: 28 February 2021, 23:36:16 »
Hey all,

There was a change in Firefox 77 in June 2020 that's led to a bug in Flechs Sheets on touch devices where the armor and internal dropdown menus don't work.

The issue is pretty weird and not yielding to attempts to isolate — so for now I'm afraid that manual marking armor and internal damage on sheets is not supported in FF on tablets. A warning message has been added. 

Fixed!
« Last Edit: 01 March 2021, 02:38:12 by Bison AIs »

Bison AIs

• Master Sergeant
  • Flechs Dev
    • Flechs
« Reply #254 on: 01 March 2021, 02:37:58 »
Main updated to v5.4.10 :

Fixed: Firefox 77+ on touch screens: Armor and Internal drop-downs should not be unresponsive.

Bison AIs

• Master Sergeant
  • Flechs Dev
    • Flechs
« Reply #255 on: 12 March 2021, 16:20:17 »
Confirmation that updating Chrome can eliminate freezing issue on Android Tablet.

Updated main to v5.4.11:
Added warning about Chrome 88 tablet issue / upgrade prompt.

Flechs Sheets has also returned to Google Play.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=alpha.sheets.flechs.net

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #256 on: 12 March 2021, 16:22:09 »
Nifty!
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Bison AIs

• Master Sergeant
  • Flechs Dev
    • Flechs
« Reply #257 on: 16 March 2021, 22:45:04 »
Main updated to 5.4.14

Most units from IlClan Rec-guides 1-12 available, equipment support permitting.

Known issue: Some units with one-shot or improved one-shot launchers will not be available.
(Fixed in v.5.4.15)

Added: Silver Bullet Gauss Rifle. (Full support.)
Added: Clan | Inner Sphere Heavy Flamer.

Change: Location value for 'Charge' and 'DFA' entries changed to '⬣'.

Fixed: Artemis IV should support enhanced LRMs.
Fixed: Issue with enhanced LRM equip def IDs that could cause unexpected issues.
Fixed: IS Artemis IV should support Clan LRMs. (?!?)
Fixed: Issue parsing heatsink type in some newer MTF files could result in heatsink tech-base being listed in sink panel instead of heatsink type.
Fixed: Parser should cope with MTF slot line that contains trailing whitespace.
Fixed: Incorrect MML9 equipment id -- could cause unexpected behavior.
Fixed: Mech menu dropdown should be visible above footer.
« Last Edit: 17 March 2021, 13:17:25 by Bison AIs »

Bison AIs

• Master Sergeant
  • Flechs Dev
    • Flechs
« Reply #258 on: 17 March 2021, 10:06:16 »
Main updated to 5.4.15

Fixed: Improved parsing for units with one-shot and improved one-shot launchers.

Additional stock units that mount one-shot and improved one-shot launchers should be available, e.g. Commando 9S.

Fixed: One-shot and improved one-shot launchers are flagged correctly with (OS) or (I-OS) in inventory and crit table.

Fixed: When available, inventory uses equipment display name variations with less than 19 characters.

Bison AIs

• Master Sergeant
  • Flechs Dev
    • Flechs
« Reply #259 on: 26 March 2021, 17:02:49 »
Main updated to 5.4.17

Added: Manual marking support units mounting Sniper artillery.

Current Preview is v5.5.0.b21-03-26-16-... and has been undergoing frequent updates the past few days.

The main change has been the addition of the prototype move-menu along with a fair amount of under-the-hood changes to better deal with water-related movement complexities.

The presentation of the move menu and other move-related buttons should respond to the unit's actions (e.g. stand attempts) and situation (mode, heat, damage, TSM, current depth, etc.)

Movement-related logging is... a bit of a mess atm.

Dropdown menus are also going through revisions to bring them in line with the new move-menu and better accommodate both fingers and cursors — right now some of them should be sizing differently depending on whether the device is touch or cursor based. Accommodating devices that support both is still on the todo list atm so sorry if you're on a surface tablet or similar and some dropdown buttons are smol!

Man.
Water.
« Last Edit: 26 March 2021, 17:10:46 by Bison AIs »

Bison AIs

• Master Sergeant
  • Flechs Dev
    • Flechs
« Reply #260 on: 26 March 2021, 17:09:06 »
smooth the experience path for a new user.

Sorry about the delay, but I also meant to say that if you've witnessed specific cases of confusion, mix-ups, questions etc. please feel free to shout-out/describe/etc.

While an overall pass focusing on onboarding etc. is just not in the cards right now, I've still got a running list of related items I pick off if/when I move through related areas (for example, people thinking the dates in the unit menu are BV values  :P ); having more items on there is totally welcome!

Bison AIs

• Master Sergeant
  • Flechs Dev
    • Flechs
« Reply #261 on: 13 April 2021, 11:26:56 »
Yerp!

Main is up to v5.4.20 (v5.4.21) with a number of minor updates plus basic (manual-marking) support for Sniper Artillery and full support for Silver Bullet Gauss Rifles.

Preview has had seen lots of updates mostly around movement, movement-based physicals, and water, including simplifications and changes to the new movement dropdown.

Quick peek

I'm increasingly running into pre-existing bugs (:P) rather than new ones and also waiting on some official rulings for a few edge cases so it's not a bad time to poke around -- maybe try a small 1v1 on the river delta map or similar and holler if anything seems weird!

Note that underwater range changes aren't yet implemented and neither are weapon-location-contingent water-related LOS distinctions -- Sorry Gunslinger, your rear-mounted spur-lasers can't fire at submerged targets when standing in depth 1 just yet, but the bad guy will pick-up inverted partial cover when shooting at you.

« Last Edit: 13 April 2021, 11:39:05 by Bison AIs »

FenderSaxbey

• Sergeant
« Reply #262 on: 13 April 2021, 11:30:22 »
I'm showing 5.4.21 on my tablet (which is working *much* better, btw).

Bison AIs

• Master Sergeant
  • Flechs Dev
    • Flechs
« Reply #263 on: 13 April 2021, 11:38:18 »
I'm showing 5.4.21 on my tablet (which is working *much* better, btw).

Ope! You're right!
Missed that last bump for an UrbanMeK name fix.  :P

Could you elaborate on 'working much better'? If it's performance that's changed it might've been something in Chrome the was straightened out...

FenderSaxbey

• Sergeant
« Reply #264 on: 13 April 2021, 11:41:21 »
Yeah, sorry, performance is much improved over what we discussed in PMs. I've not played around much with the latest update but performance loading a mech, enabling automations, walking, firing, and running through the turn sequence looks to be back to what it was prior to reporting those issues. I too suspect it was something in Chrome.

Bison AIs

• Master Sergeant
  • Flechs Dev
    • Flechs
« Reply #265 on: 13 April 2021, 11:44:19 »
Yeah, sorry, performance is much improved over what we discussed in PMs. I've not played around much with the latest update but performance loading a mech, enabling automations, walking, firing, and running through the turn sequence looks to be back to what it was prior to reporting those issues. I too suspect it was something in Chrome.

Awesome, thanks for clarifying. That is all both great and kinda terrible to hear haha — an unfortunate price of the cross-platform web stack ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .

Bison AIs

• Master Sergeant
  • Flechs Dev
    • Flechs
« Reply #266 on: 29 April 2021, 10:20:28 »
Main has been updated to 6.0.0 .

Video overview of changes here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS-Ao2yuAiI&t=24s

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #267 on: 29 April 2021, 11:46:13 »
This is getting so good I want to not haul out paper again and have vehicle and infantry functionality. :D

Bison AIs

• Master Sergeant
  • Flechs Dev
    • Flechs
« Reply #268 on: 03 May 2021, 07:28:15 »
Main >>> 6.1.0

Added: CASE / CASE II flags on crit table location names were appropriate. Note: Though Clan mechs receive case for free in any location the CASE label is only displayed when a location has explosive components.

(See attached)

Added: Full support for CASE II.
• New CASE II Crit Mitigation automation settings.
• 62 additional units can now use automations.

Added: Full Support for Magshot Gauss Rifle.
Added: Partial support for Mek Taser. Limitation: Hits cause no effects beyond damage.
Added: Display Radical Heat Sink system -- Inert but does not block automations.
Added: Display Blue Shield. Limitation -- Inert but does not block automations.
Added: Display RISC Emergency Coolant System -- Inert but does not block automations.
Added: Manual marking only support for Spikes.
Added: Manual marking only support for Harjell I,II,III.

Change: Placeholder copy in network match name text entry box now "Pick Three Words".

Bison AIs

• Master Sergeant
  • Flechs Dev
    • Flechs
« Reply #269 on: 03 May 2021, 09:18:14 »
Preview >>> 6.2.0 (In progress)

Added: Full support for Actuator Enhancement System...
Notes:
• AES effects on attacks included in "Actuator Status" modifier.
• Each AES takes up an inventory slot.

Change: In logged attack calculation, Actuator damage mods listed as "Actuator Status" instead of "damage" or "Missing/Damaged actuators"

#CutCutCutCutCut
https://flechs.net/sheets-preview/og.php?s=Hatchetman%20HCT-8S

Register