Register Register

Author Topic: General MW5 Thread  (Read 4684 times)

Nightlord01

• Lieutenant
Re: General MW5 Thread
« Reply #30 on: 07 August 2020, 03:09:48 »
I just saw that. It looks incredible. I found HBS Battletech game not as easy for me to use.
Looks like that maybe what the doctor ordered.  I will have to see how much the Steam version of the game will be.

As long as the Epic Store stuff not imbedded into it.

Hopefully it will be on the Steam Workshop when the game released on Steam.

MarauderD

• Captain
« Reply #31 on: 07 August 2020, 09:30:35 »
My only interest in MW5 is now what the modding community can do with it. 

Really disappointed with the intitial product, 'vanilla' version of the game provided by PGI.  As a Legendary Founder of MWO, I should be used to disappointment by now, I know.

If you compare the amount of polish on MW5 and the amount involved with HBS' BattleTech, it is night and day.  I'm delighted that Navid and others have really jumped into modding with both feet.  Otherwise I'd just uninstall and call it potentially the worst MechWarrior title I've ever played. (I played the original on DOS, mind you)

I'd say the Mech Commander mod looks promising because it may be the only real time squad based mech game we're ever going to get.   MicroSoft doesn't seem like they'll be revisiting the IP, so lets hope that Sean Lang and his crew really nail this mod!

Best,

Mad

PyreLight

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #32 on: 10 October 2020, 19:42:42 »
Steam and GOG release is out December 10 along with the DLC expansion that adds a whole bunch of stuff to the game

BigDuke66

• Master Sergeant
  • Last of the Wilds!
« Reply #33 on: 10 October 2020, 19:49:58 »
...along with the DLC expansion that adds a whole bunch of stuff to the game
Like what?

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #34 on: 10 October 2020, 21:02:48 »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFZ5E13dxSM - the RazerCon announcement video on the official MW5 channel

DLC will cost 19.99 USD, most of the new features have been discussed before but include:

• Seven new 'Mechs (Charger, Hatamoto-Chi, Champion, Marauder II, Dervish, Corsair, Vulcan)
  • New mission types (beachhead, destroy artillery, destroy satelitte uplink, capture enemy garrison)
  • New biomes (extra solar moon)
  • New career mode
  • Skilltrees
  • 'Mech quests
  • New weapons (chemical laser,s short burst lasers, Stream SRMs, BAP, 'Mech rifles, ECM, MASC)

Most interesting is in co-op, only the host needs the DLC, the other 3 players just need the base game in order to play along. That will avoid segregating people, but no word if there is cross-play between owners of the EGS, Steam and GOG versions though...

Sapphirus

• Warrant Officer
  • Stressed out? Here's an image of Kirby sitting
« Reply #35 on: 10 October 2020, 23:19:18 »
Steam and GOG release is out December 10 along with the DLC expansion that adds a whole bunch of stuff to the game

Woohoo!!!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #36 on: 11 October 2020, 09:43:37 »
Nice. I hope they're able to the cross over. It would be good for vitality and longevity of the game.

I do hope they or some third-party tries to make a MMO like thing out of it. MWO isnt forever.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Lemme Talk to the Manager!
« Reply #37 on: 11 October 2020, 10:57:59 »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFZ5E13dxSM - the RazerCon announcement video on the official MW5 channel

DLC will cost 19.99 USD, most of the new features have been discussed before but include:

• Seven new 'Mechs (Charger, Hatamoto-Chi, Champion, Marauder II, Dervish, Corsair, Vulcan)
  • New mission types (beachhead, destroy artillery, destroy satelitte uplink, capture enemy garrison)
  • New biomes (extra solar moon)
  • New career mode
  • Skilltrees
  • 'Mech quests
  • New weapons (chemical laser,s short burst lasers, Stream SRMs, BAP, 'Mech rifles, ECM, MASC)

Most interesting is in co-op, only the host needs the DLC, the other 3 players just need the base game in order to play along. That will avoid segregating people, but no word if there is cross-play between owners of the EGS, Steam and GOG versions though...

You Forgot Infantry...or has that been pulled?
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

PyreLight

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #38 on: 12 October 2020, 03:19:10 »
You Forgot Infantry...or has that been pulled?

No it has not been pulled and it's only missing from that list because the Razorcon video forgot to emphasize that infantry would now be part it.

MarauderD

• Captain
« Reply #39 on: 12 October 2020, 10:53:15 »
I'm gonna have to see some positive reviews to put any more money into MW5.  Vanilla was the first MechWarrior game released that I just couldn't find the time and interest to finish. 

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #40 on: 12 October 2020, 11:03:50 »
I'm gonna have to see some positive reviews to put any more money into MW5.  Vanilla was the first MechWarrior game released that I just couldn't find the time and interest to finish.
ditto...i was very very dissappointed...
the game was nothing but just a generic rinse repeat shooter
if they incorporated things like lance direction like in mechwarroor 3  it would be way better
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #41 on: 25 November 2020, 16:08:59 »
Wash rinse repeat - PGI need money to finish MW5, goes Epic Game Store exclusive. Needs extra time for DLC, get bought out by EG7

But console release and possible advertising push...

https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/278510-special-announcement-mw5-mercs/
https://mw5mercs.com/news/2020/11/48-special-announcement

Greetings Mercenaries,

As many of you know, the delay in the release of Cyberpunk 2077 until December 10th had us reconsidering our release date for the Heroes of the Inner Sphere DLC, as well as the launch of MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries on Steam and GoG. Any developer wants their titles to get as much attention as possible, and obviously sharing a release date with Cyberpunk was less than optimal. Day one sales and marketing are so important to a successful product launch, and we believe that rescheduling our release date will allow MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries to have the opportunity and attention it deserves.

While exploring our options, we saw the potential to fulfill a longstanding dream of Piranha Games. To simultaneously ship across multiple platforms, including delivering a modern MechWarrior title to console gamers worldwide. So after much consideration and debate, we have decided that moving the release date of MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries DLC Heroes of the Inner Sphere to Spring 2021 is the right choice. This will allow us to fulfill that dream and more. We are excited and proud to announce that now, in addition to playing MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries on PC, it will also be available on the XBox Series X|S and XBox One. This will be the first MechWarrior title on a console since 2004's MechAssault 2, and in our opinion, the first true MechWarrior experience ever on a console.

Along with the XBox release, this delay will allow us some additional opportunities that will benefit the game, as well as the MechWarrior community at large. First and foremost, the combined release on Steam, GoG, EGS, Microsoft Store, and XBox consoles will give us more exposure and a broader reach than we've ever had before. We will capitalize on this increased exposure with our largest marketing initiative to date, bringing as many new eyes to the MechWarrior franchise as possible. This will give us more time to add improvements and quality of life features to the base game, including AI, UI, art, customization, and content. We will continue to tune the single player campaign and new career modes, making running your Mercenary Unit the most rewarding experience possible.

With the recent acquisition of Piranha Games by EG7, we have even more resources available to support these efforts. We will leverage this new relationship to take our MechWarrior titles to the next level, and increase our growth and presence globally. We understand that this news is not ideal for those that have been waiting to purchase the game on Steam or another platform, or for those that have been ready to dive into Heroes of the Inner Sphere, but we promise that the wait will be worth it.

We are in the process of creating a MechWarrior 5 developer vlog that will dive deeper into the decisions leading to this delay, as well as any other questions you might have about the future of MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries.

And finally, how will this decision affect MechWarrior Online? It won't! There will be no impact on our MechWarrior Online initiatives, and in fact this will likely benefit MWO in the long run by bringing more eyes to our multiplayer PvP MechWarrior experience. By the release of MW5 in Spring 2021, we should be well on our way towards implementing significant updates to MWO, including exciting improvements to the new player experience, making sure we’re ready for new players.

Thank you,

The MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries Team

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #42 on: 27 November 2020, 13:32:44 »
So it won't be until Spring....
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Register