Register Register

Author Topic: MWO Crusader (definitely NOT a Phoenix Hawk IIC!) teased in roadmap post  (Read 3887 times)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Looks like SRM launchers are in the side torsos
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
Almost there ...

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
When this is done, 2 questions;  1) Is when this is coming out 2)  Is this will be in MW5?
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
Crusader - the first new 'Mech since July 2019.

When this is done, 2 questions;  1) Is when this is coming out 2)  Is this will be in MW5?
1) We do not know. Some announcement will follow.

2) Hard to say. Hatchetman is for MechWarrior 5: mercenaries, since there is no physical combat in MWO.

Crusader is for MWO, but I think that it could be in MW5:Mercs too. The only problem could be the different game engine in MW5: Mercs.

Middcore

• Lieutenant
  • The Inner Sphere could always use more Heroes!
I keep looking at the cockpit and still not being able to decide whether I like it.

The "backpack" seems kind of scrawny, proportionally it looks like it's the same size as the Phoenix Hawk's transplanted to a design 20 tons of heavier.

I also don't know what's going on with the little ballerina feet.

Overall a solid take on the design let down by a few weird choices.

Caedis Animus

• Captain
  • How can a bird be sultry? Very carefully.
It looks like they based the feet off of the P-Hawk's, which makes sense considering what the Crusader cribbed art from before.

Middcore

• Lieutenant
  • The Inner Sphere could always use more Heroes!
Given the common lineage in the origins of the designs (if not one acknowledged in canonical BT fluff) I don't have a problem with them looking similar in certain ways. It's the seeming lack of proportionate scaling that bothers me.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Yeah, am I am not a fan of the head of the Mech. I guess they had to make it different from the original and current versions.
« Last Edit: 28 March 2022, 18:51:19 by Wrangler »

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
I keep looking at the cockpit and still not being able to decide whether I like it.

The "backpack" seems kind of scrawny, proportionally it looks like it's the same size as the Phoenix Hawk's transplanted to a design 20 tons of heavier.

I also don't know what's going on with the little ballerina feet.

Overall a solid take on the design let down by a few weird choices.
It looks like they based the feet off of the P-Hawk's, which makes sense considering what the Crusader cribbed art from before.
Keep in mind that this is just a concept art.

The actual in-game model might be different. You know, different proportions of the 'Mech because the modeller has a different idea how the 'Mech should appear, some changes due to the modelling work and 'Mech animation requirements, etc.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Promo Advertisement.

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
Given the common lineage in the origins of the designs (if not one acknowledged in canonical BT fluff) I don't have a problem with them looking similar in certain ways. It's the seeming lack of proportionate scaling that bothers me.
Checking Phoenix Hawk in the 'Mechlab shows some similarity.   :)

Register