Register Register

Author Topic: MWO - June 2022 Free 'Mech Event - Mad Dog A  (Read 827 times)

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
MWO - June 2022 Free 'Mech Event - Mad Dog A
« on: 10 June 2022, 17:21:58 »

And this month's Free 'Mech event is for the Mad Dog A - no real surprises on what is required.

https://mwomercs.com/events/449

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: MWO - June 2022 Free 'Mech Event - Mad Dog A
« Reply #1 on: 25 June 2022, 15:24:12 »
And this month's Free 'Mech event is for the Mad Dog A.

Not exactly an OP 'Mech, but I have had some fun with it.  :)

No real surprises on what is required.
Good. I hate events that force me to to use 'Mechs/weapons that I do not like, use play style that I do not like, etc.

So this event has been quite okay.

Akamia

• Lieutenant
  • No challenge too great!
« Reply #2 on: 25 June 2022, 19:32:37 »
I favor a Mad Dog Prime, myself, albeit with ATMs in place of the LRMs, but I'm not gonna say no to a second Mad Dog, and some new paints, decals, and such. I'm not much of a Smoke Jaguar guy, but I'm sure I can come up with a neat canon(ish) camospec with some of that. Maybe I can come up with Brendon Corbett's Dire Wolf... Don't recall what configuration he used, though. Don't think Trial Under Fire specified; think I'll assume for the moment it was the Prime configuration.
Let's all go to Cargonia, land of stolen things
Obey the quartermaster unless he is a 'ling
Cargo techs guard the station and find more stuff to take
But the boss is never satisfied until the station breaks...

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #3 on: 27 June 2022, 16:03:45 »
My main ride is a Mad Dog A so now I have 2 ^_^.
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #4 on: 27 June 2022, 16:19:12 »
Me being the obsessive and cheap-arse that I am, I now need to come up with a good 8/8 build for it
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

kato

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 29 June 2022, 04:47:51 »
Good. I hate events that force me to to use 'Mechs/weapons that I do not like, use play style that I do not like, etc.
In turn i really dislike matchscore events like this. It inevitably turns into a pure damage grind.

It would be nice to see some of the less-used microachievement kickers used more for events. If at all, we see them as "get one of these to fill out this challenge" for part of an event. Some don't get used at all - "Brawling" for example, that's a solo kill at under 450m.

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #6 on: 03 July 2022, 02:49:58 »
In turn i really dislike matchscore events like this. It inevitably turns into a pure damage grind.
The entire MWO is about the damage grind.  :)

It would be nice to see some of the less-used microachievement kickers used more for events. If at all, we see them as "get one of these to fill out this challenge" for part of an event. Some don't get used at all - "Brawling" for example, that's a solo kill at under 450m.
Considering the current long range MWO meta, I guess that such "brawling" requirement would frustrate many players.

Me being the obsessive and cheap-arse that I am, I now need to come up with a good 8/8 build for it
Mixed loadouts of 3 weapon types are often problematic. Why do not you just fill it with missiles? You can add (light) TAG, if they are guided missiles, so you fill that arm-mounted energy hardpoint.

kato

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: 03 July 2022, 03:29:09 »
Considering the current long range MWO meta, I guess that such "brawling" requirement would frustrate many players.
Not as much as "Lance in Formation" requirements do.

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #8 on: 03 July 2022, 04:02:36 »
Not as much as "Lance in Formation" requirements do.
Yeah, it sucks to see all my three lancemates running into the different corners of the map.   ::)

Register