Register Register

Author Topic: MWO - The Speed of Light Event - Earn an Arctic Cheetah and a Javelin for Free  (Read 690 times)

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt

One 'Mech free per month not enough, how about two?

https://mwomercs.com/events/414

Earn a Arctic Cheetah E and a Javelin 11A. Usual array of tasks but with some specifics including Clan ER PPC, Clan SRM-6, Inner Sphere Medium Laser and Inner Sphere SRM-4. Stock so not ER Mediums or Artermis, they won't count.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
Those specific weapon challenges are harsh
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Atlas3060

• ugh this guy again
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just some rando
currently the one causing me grief is the UAV one.
Because no one on the opposition used them.
Ironically I have team mates popping them like kegs.
Stone wasn't cryo frozen. He just got stuck in a freezer Hans Moleman style and we felt bad about it. So we made up this lie.

Kerfuffin(925)

• Captain

The shoot down the UAV and the missile damage look me the longest during the Timber Wolf event too.

I dont have the patience or any mechs set up for LRMs so I can’t just rack up the damage. I don’t like overloading on other missiles either so they take much longer than they should otherwise.

I probably won’t finish the IS weapon specific ones, just cause I don’t use enough IS tech to make it easy.

Akamia

• Lieutenant
  • No challenge too great!
Yep, same, on all counts. Although I’m aiming for the Timber Wolf event reward, not this one, since there’s still time left.

Either no one on the OpFor uses their UAVs, or my teammates shoot them down before I can line up a shot. I hesitate to ask them to let me shoot because I don’t want to come off as greedy when they might be aiming for the same reward, given how rarely our opponents seem to be using them compared to my own team...

EDIT: Lucked out today and got the UAV kill. Now I'm focusing on accruing the missile damage. By performing fire support with Clan LRMs. :D

Currently using the trial Stormcrow for that, but I'm considering buying some omnipods for my brand new Timber Wolf C(C) and completing its event with that instead. I'd really rather save those C-bills for a full Timber Wolf Prime, but I figure its omnipods loaded on the C(C) will pay for themselves much more efficiently than on its own chassis...
« Last Edit: 07 June 2021, 06:23:08 by Akamia »
Let's all go to Cargonia, land of stolen things
Obey the quartermaster unless he is a 'ling
Cargo techs guard the station and find more stuff to take
But the boss is never satisfied until the station breaks...

BATTLEMASTER

• Lieutenant
  • Lego Hellbringers are tougher than the real thing!
    • MegaMek Project
I've always found opfor UAVs to be plentiful.  When there are no targets in LOS, I'm always looking for UAVs and usually manage to down 2-3 per match.  Any time my weapons can't traverse far enough to reach them, I call it out over comms and someone else usually shoots it down.
BATTLEMASTER
Trombone Player, Lego Enthusiast, Engineer
"You better stand back, I'm not sure how loud this thing can get!"
If you like Lego, you'll like my Lego battlemech projects!

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
Those specific weapon challenges are harsh
Actually, they are pretty easy.

Do not worry, you have a month to destroy that one required enemy UAV.

I dont have the patience or any mechs set up for LRMs so I can’t just rack up the damage. I don’t like overloading on other missiles either so they take much longer than they should otherwise.
You do not have to run a dedicated LRM-boat. You can use SRMs, Streak SRMs or MRMs to fulfill the greatest part of that Missile damage requirement. Just use missiles as your secondary weapon system and the damage will accumulate over the time.

I probably won’t finish the IS weapon specific ones, just cause I don’t use enough IS tech to make it easy.
The only required IS weapon systems is SRM-4 rack and Medium Laser - that's all. You do not even have to own them, since you can always use a Trial 'Mech.

Now I'm focusing on accruing the missile damage. By performing fire support with Clan LRMs. :D
Use SRMs or ATMs. You will be more useful for your team.

Seriously, guys, if you want a pair of free 'Mechs, youo must show some effort ...

I won these 'Mechs on Saturday and both 'Mechs are neat. I made these pictures for you:

Arctic Cheetah E

JVN-11A Javelin

Frabby

• Major
Played a couple of drops today. Never saw an UAV, the only goal I have yet to acieve.
I hate this particular one. Because it's entirely dependent on the enemy team.

Question: Would a UAV downed in faction play count? Because in FP, UAVs seem to be used plenty.
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

Atlas3060

• ugh this guy again
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just some rando
Question: Would a UAV downed in faction play count? Because in FP, UAVs seem to be used plenty.
Well it did say All in the game modes if I recall the page correctly.
Plus it would explain why I got a jump in certain requirements for medium lasers when I played in my Jenner against the Falcons yesterday.
Stone wasn't cryo frozen. He just got stuck in a freezer Hans Moleman style and we felt bad about it. So we made up this lie.

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
Played a couple of drops today. Never saw an UAV, the only goal I have yet to acieve.
I hate this particular one. Because it's entirely dependent on the enemy team.
You have one month. Sooner or later you will get that kill.

The event description says "Game Modes: ALL, so try it.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
My new bane has become getting Lance in Formation points. My lancemates seem to love scattering to the four winds.
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
Playing an assault tends to fix that if you end up in Charlie Lance with fellow slowpokes or pre-made with friends to know you be smart enough to work and stick together.

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
My new bane has become getting Lance in Formation points. My lancemates seem to love scattering to the four winds.
Play as you usually do and those rewards will accumulate over 30 days.

Register