Register Register

Author Topic: MWO Trick Or Treat 2022 Event  (Read 1258 times)

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
MWO Trick Or Treat 2022 Event
« on: 13 October 2022, 13:12:29 »

Event page: Trick Or Treat 2022

Starts: Oct 14th 5:00:00 PM (PDT) / Oct 15th 12:00:00 AM (UTC)
Ends: Nov 8th 4:00:00 PM (PST) / Nov 9th 12:00:00 AM (UTC)

Possible Prizes
    Active Premium Time
    MC (various values)
    C-Bills (various values)
    GXP (various values)
    GSP (various values)
    C-Bill Consumables
        Cool Shot
        Artillery Strike
        UAV
        Air Strike

GRAND PRIZE
    Earn 50 loot bags and earn the pattern PHRANKEN BLACK
    Earn 100 loot bags and earn the pattern PHRANKEN RED
    Earn 150 Loot Bags and earn the color BLOOD ORANGE
    Earn 200 Loot Bags and earn the VULCAN Boltons Chainsaw Right
    Earn 225 Loot Bags and earn the VULCAN Boltons Chainsaw Left
    Earn 250 Loot Bags and earn the VULCAN VT-5S and a 'Mech Bay
    Earn 300 Loot Bags and earn the pattern VULCAN PHRANKEN

Akamia

• Lieutenant
  • No challenge too great!
Re: MWO Trick Or Treat 2022 Event
« Reply #1 on: 13 October 2022, 16:27:10 »
Well, then. Guess I know what I'm gonna be doing for the next week or so. ;D
Let's all go to Cargonia, land of stolen things
Obey the quartermaster unless he is a 'ling
Cargo techs guard the station and find more stuff to take
But the boss is never satisfied until the station breaks...

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: 13 October 2022, 20:40:16 »
Platinum 5 to 8 counts for bonus redeems, guess we'll see when they drop the 8 series.

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 15 October 2022, 01:09:11 »
Well, then. Guess I know what I'm gonna be doing for the next week or so. ;D
You have got more than three weeks to complete the event.  :)

Akamia

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 15 October 2022, 02:30:57 »
True! But If I don't give it priority, I'll probably miss it. ;D Fortunately, this isn't gonna be terribly hard.

Akamia

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: 20 October 2022, 20:17:22 »
Cleared the first phase of the event, but now I have two other events to concern myself with, since my partner gifted me the Platinum Collection 06 for IS and Clan both. ;D I may end up grinding out the damage and other stuff I need in the process of clearing my other event objectives. Whatever damage I may need to do in the end, I can probably clear with the Platinum Rifleman IIC 2. That thing is absolutely murderous as far as stock ’Mechs go!

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #6 on: 21 October 2022, 09:42:53 »
Cleared the first phase of the event, but now I have two other events to concern myself with, since my partner gifted me the Platinum Collection 06 for IS and Clan both. ;D I may end up grinding out the damage and other stuff I need in the process of clearing my other event objectives. Whatever damage I may need to do in the end, I can probably clear with the Platinum Rifleman IIC 2. That thing is absolutely murderous as far as stock ’Mechs go!
Have fun!

I think I will deploy in my Thunderbolts, depending on the mood.

Akamia

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: 26 October 2022, 22:10:32 »
Job's done!

Finished it one game before I finished my final Platinum Collection objectives; I was grinding damage out for my Mad Dog Alternate Configuration C at the time. ;D For me, at least, it's a pretty fun Mad Dog. Paired Gauss Rifles running at 81+ KPH is pretty nice. I've heard it's the worst Mad Dog in the game by objective measures, but my experience today is that's not saying too much. I guess it helps a lot that I was backed by some folks in my unit for most of the day. Still, that also means I was at least sometimes up-tiered, because I know most of these people are higher-tier than myself, and for the most part, I seemed to have done fine, at least as far as the scoreboard was concerned. Not bad for a bad ’Mech!

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #8 on: 27 October 2022, 12:16:49 »
Job's done!
Congrats!

Enjoy your new Vulcan!  :)

Finished it one game before I finished my final Platinum Collection objectives; I was grinding damage out for my Mad Dog Alternate Configuration C at the time. ;D For me, at least, it's a pretty fun Mad Dog. Paired Gauss Rifles running at 81+ KPH is pretty nice. I've heard it's the worst Mad Dog in the game by objective measures, but my experience today is that's not saying too much. I guess it helps a lot that I was backed by some folks in my unit for most of the day. Still, that also means I was at least sometimes up-tiered, because I know most of these people are higher-tier than myself, and for the most part, I seemed to have done fine, at least as far as the scoreboard was concerned. Not bad for a bad ’Mech!
If the 'Mech brings you fun, run it.

Some people like "Bandit", because it has its ballistic hardpoints in side torsos instead of in those low slung arms that Mad Dog C offers.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #9 on: 27 October 2022, 14:42:13 »
Job is done!

This time around I didn't just use my Christmas Buzzsaw Marauder IIC
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #10 on: 27 October 2022, 14:47:21 »
Job is done!
Congratulations!

This time around I didn't just use my Christmas Buzzsaw Marauder IIC
And what 'Mech did you use?

Akamia

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: 27 October 2022, 16:01:00 »
Congrats!

Enjoy your new Vulcan!  :)

If the 'Mech brings you fun, run it.

Some people like "Bandit", because it has its ballistic hardpoints in side torsos instead of in those low slung arms that Mad Dog C offers.
Indeed. I see Revenant somewhat more frequently however. ;D For my part, I just positioned myself in such a way that the low mounts weren't a terribly significant issue.

Although now that you mention it, if I ever get my hands on a Bandit, I may attempt a quad-Gauss build using the C's arm pods... On the other hand, it's probably impractical on a Mad Dog due to the inability to add further weight-saving tech to an OmniMech, and thus probably not worth the trouble. I'll likely save that idea for a Kodiak or something.

I was surprised anyone actually still ran quad-Gauss builds, though. I would have thought their mechanics would have killed that idea dead a long time ago. ;D Apparently not!

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #12 on: 28 October 2022, 00:31:12 »
Indeed. I see Revenant somewhat more frequently however. ;D For my part, I just positioned myself in such a way that the low mounts weren't a terribly significant issue.

Although now that you mention it, if I ever get my hands on a Bandit, I may attempt a quad-Gauss build using the C's arm pods... On the other hand, it's probably impractical on a Mad Dog due to the inability to add further weight-saving tech to an OmniMech, and thus probably not worth the trouble.
Three Clan Gauss Rifles are the maximum that you can fit on the Vulture ... without armor and with no ammo.  :)

The Quad-Gauss build on the Vulture is impossible in MWO.

I'll likely save that idea for a Kodiak or something.

I was surprised anyone actually still ran quad-Gauss builds, though. I would have thought their mechanics would have killed that idea dead a long time ago. ;D Apparently not!
Such builds exists, but it does not mean that it is especially good build. You will get a very slow 'Mech with limited ammo.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #13 on: 28 October 2022, 15:49:07 »
And what 'Mech did you use?

I cycled through a lot of the ones in my stable, especially trying to give some love to ones I never use otherwise.

The real turn-up was the Orion from last month's event. I outfitted it with an AC/20 and four SRM-6s which proved to be a lot of fun
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #14 on: 29 October 2022, 00:43:25 »
I cycled through a lot of the ones in my stable, especially trying to give some love to ones I never use otherwise.

The real turn-up was the Orion from last month's event. I outfitted it with an AC/20 and four SRM-6s which proved to be a lot of fun

The Orion can be fun, if you can get close enough.

Akamia

• Lieutenant
« Reply #15 on: 29 October 2022, 02:24:19 »
Such builds exists, but it does not mean that it is especially good build. You will get a very slow 'Mech with limited ammo.
I believe it. More effective Kodiak builds I’ve seen run quad LB 10-X or AC/10s. I’ve been deleted from the game by such Kodiaks before. ;D These things can be pretty ruthless!

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #16 on: 29 October 2022, 05:17:42 »
I believe it. More effective Kodiak builds I’ve seen run quad LB 10-X or AC/10s. I’ve been deleted from the game by such Kodiaks before. ;D These things can be pretty ruthless!
Yeah, if the situation is right. But they can have problems with tracking smaller mobile 'Mechs.

Akamia

• Lieutenant
« Reply #17 on: 29 October 2022, 19:06:23 »
Yeah, if the situation is right. But they can have problems with tracking smaller mobile 'Mechs.
Sure. However, outside of comp where I played mostly light ’Mechs, I tend to run heavies or assaults. So imagine those trailer moments whenever someone runs face-first into an Atlas; that's me running into a quad-autocannon Kodiak. ;D In fact, that was quite literally my reaction to my first encounter on HPG when I was running my Bounty Hunter Timber Wolf some months back. The scenario happens somewhat less frequently nowadays, but they still absolutely tear me apart when they get a clear shot at me.

EDIT: Come to think of it, MW2GBL had a very similar encounter involving an actual Kodiak in its opening video, didn't it? ;D
« Last Edit: 31 October 2022, 03:06:10 by Akamia »

Register