Register Register

Author Topic: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries - Xbox and Steam Release May 27th 2021  (Read 1326 times)

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
No sign of GoG yet though

https://store.steampowered.com/app/784080/MechWarrior_5_Mercenaries/

The Mature Content warning does make me gasp, be still my giddy heart 'Mechs explode?!:
MATURE CONTENT DESCRIPTION
The developers describe the content like this:

MechWarrior 5 contains Vehicular combat violence.
You are a pilot in a ‘Mech and you shoot Enemy ‘Mechs, Tanks, and Helicopters which explode.
There are destructible buildings throughout the entire game as well as enemy infantry on the ground that the player can step on or shoot.
Some enemy infantry blood is shown.
When the player's ‘Mech is destroyed it topples over and the screen fades to a mission failed menu.
Specific story moments containing Violence (spoilers)
Intro video, the player's father's ‘Mech is destroyed and he is considered dead.
Picture of an injured pilot with blood and bandaged wounds and a picture of a hostage tied to a pole.
« Last Edit: 19 March 2021, 05:34:25 by Cyc »

rjhancock

• Sergeant
Shame. Still no macOS support.

Akamia

• Corporal
  • No challenge too great!
It is a shame, but the MechWarrior series doesn’t typically support macOS. I wish it did. I want to play MechWarrior games again.
Let's all go to Cargonia, land of stolen things
Obey the quartermaster unless he is a 'ling
Cargo techs guard the station and find more stuff to take
But the boss is never satisfied until the station breaks...

rjhancock

• Sergeant
Two other games that are (as far as PC's go) 'windows only' use Wine/CrossOver to get 'native' macOS support. Probably adds 1-2 months to initial build, signing, testing, etc. to get one set up. After that, it's a build script and would increase their profits by more than enough to cover the costs associated with it.

There is SOME performance drop from it, especially with older Mac hardware, but at least it would open up a new customer base. Could also use the same build and publish to linux and hit the trifecta of PC platforms.

KuzeFanAcct

• Corporal
I'm just crossing my fingers that the Steam release incentivizes some better mod support. The newsfeed from Battletech Extended for the Paradox game is a massive necessity that MW5 severely lacked. I do enjoy the core gameplay and I think there's a great game in there, but MW5 feels like it came out in a beta form or something. It really needs a hell of a lot of work to bring the whole package together into a cohesive idea.

Until then I guess I'll just keep putting myself through hell to get MW3 and MW4:Mercs running again.

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
Depends, some of the existing mods won't make the jump. Navid A1 has indicated he is done with Reloaded so unless he changes his mind it won't work with the Stream version or even Epic with DLC.

Jayof9s

• Captain
I think Kuze is hoping it'll attract enough new fans and new modders or bring back the interest from old. Though I feel like it'll be MWO's steam launch all over again - far too little too late to really attract a significant increase in players since the game has been out so long.

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
https://www.enadglobal7.com/press/75F0DA9390117A57/

EG7 beat PGI - MechWarrior 5 to be Released on Xbox and Steam on May 27, 2021

rjhancock

• Sergeant
What's more depressing is they are using Unreal to power it that also supports Linux and macOS yet aren't taking advantage of it. A few weeks extra work to open up 2 more platforms.

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt

Sartris

• Battletech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Semi-Sentient MUL Roomba
    • Master Unit List
Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries - Xbox and Steam Release May 27th 2021
« Reply #10 on: 19 March 2021, 16:53:57 »
i'll pick it up when it goes on some flash sale for $15-20 on steam or humblebundle

MechWarrior33

• Recruit
« Reply #11 on: 05 April 2021, 08:30:08 »
I love the trailer!!
Can`t wait to play the game. I liked the old MechWarrior games, but the last one was released long ago.
For me as a fan of Mechs, its great that there is a new single player game cooming soon.  :D
Ready For War!

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt

MrIkari

• Recruit
« Reply #13 on: 20 April 2021, 16:30:26 »
2021 will be one of the greatest year for mechwarriors, including me. I'm really expecting for new maps, new graphics, weapons and different features that the developers will prepare for us. Sometimes I am afraid to read the news, because I don't want to be disappointed but I the end I get too curious and I read everythign. Xbox Australia community brought me the most satisfying news at the moment and I really hope that every prediction will be real. Who is ready to kick asses on the new battlegrounds?
« Last Edit: 21 April 2021, 02:52:01 by MrIkari »

elf25s

• Captain
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

mechnut450

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #15 on: 20 April 2021, 20:43:18 »
is this the same release as the epic version ?  Sorry to much sun and to tired to use my brain or the net much right now. 

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #16 on: 22 April 2021, 07:41:54 »
surprised that gog as able to get it

GoG was promised by PGI alongside the Stream release before EGS entered the picture.

is this the same release as the epic version ?  Sorry to much sun and to tired to use my brain or the net much right now. 

Seems to be. All three versions seem to have Heroes of the Inner Sphere DLC separate item to buy rather than integrated.

Footuor

• Recruit
« Reply #17 on: 22 April 2021, 13:47:08 »
2021 will be one of the greatest year for mechwarriors, including me. I'm really expecting for new maps, new graphics, weapons and different features that the developers will prepare for us. Sometimes I am afraid to read the news, because I don't want to be disappointed but I the end I get too curious and I read everythign. Xbox Australia community brought me the most satisfying news at the moment and I really hope that every prediction will be real. Who is ready to kick asses on the new battlegrounds?

Pretty good site, I've read the list, seems to be real.

sweetdaddyg

• Recruit
  • You dare to refuse my batchall?
Im planning to purchase the game with my first wage from my new job. I just downloaded the free novella from the official site so that will be something I can read on my daily commute! Its a great time to be a Battletech/Mechwarrior fan!  :thumbsup:

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
Ever closer - new Annouce trailer - https://youtu.be/P4FNUZJL3QQ

And MW5 website got a remodel with a new update on May 4th spruiking the game and new features.

https://mw5mercs.com/news/2021/05/54-mech-the-forth-be-with-you
« Last Edit: 04 May 2021, 16:27:09 by Cyc »

Register