Register Register

Author Topic: BattleTech CGL-Era Fiction  (Read 11795 times)

ShroudedSciuridae

• Master Sergeant
Re: BattleTech CGL-Era Fiction
« Reply #30 on: 15 July 2022, 05:52:10 »
Land of Dreams, Chapter 13

“And the Brotherhood of Donegal has complete control of the massive cache-fortress of the Black Brian,

Issue: This nickname was earned for the carbon scorching it received during the Exodus Civil War, it's unlikely this would be known to the Clans. Operation Klondike p. 86 (right column, 2nd full paragraph)

Correction: Change "Black Brian" to "San Biagio Brian Cache" or "Brian Cache Dag-92-906." Chapter 18 next discusses the Black Brian, adding a small line associating the local appellation to the structure would fit neatly there.

Chapter 30: "Nicholas next highlighted a gray arrow on the map. “Khan Osis, your Jaguars will approach from the southeastern corner, to the take the business district.”

Correction: change to "to take the business district."
« Last Edit: 16 July 2022, 11:18:27 by ShroudedSciuridae »

ShroudedSciuridae

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #31 on: 23 July 2022, 14:57:56 »
A Question of Survival

Epigraph errors in chapters 5 (missing Rasalhague Dominion), 6 (missing Jade Falcon Occupation Zone), 12 (missing RD),  14 (2nd epigraph, missing Sudeten), 16 (missing RD), 18 (3rd epigraph, missing RD), 22 (3rd epigraph, missing Quarell)

strategoslevel3

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Sergeant
« Reply #32 on: 17 August 2022, 07:19:26 »
A Question of survival pg 15

“It had been destroyed twenty-five years earlier, burned to the ground, with nearly every inhabitant killed. Leveled by Khan Malvina Hazen after her reckless war against Khan Jana Pryde. A warning to those that supported the ex-Khan. She had used the WarShip Emerald Talon as her missile to level the city, and she had not missed.”

The battle on Sudeten occurred in 3136 which is 15 years before 3151 not 25.

ShroudedSciuridae

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #33 on: 26 October 2022, 20:21:40 »
Counterattack Anthology, An Ill-Made House

"One pair of lightning strikes found the lightly-armored torso of the left Sentinel, burying themselves deeply in the Defiance-built ’Mechs’s heart."
Issue: As of 2765 the BattleMech factory on Hesperus was Witten Industries, not Defiance Industries. Field Report: 2765 LCAF, p. 12
Correction: Replace with "Witten-built"

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Colonel
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #34 on: 08 November 2022, 11:29:29 »
Fox Tales page 154:

"Katie'd had to mediate between them for the entirety of 3050."  Should be 3150.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #35 on: 31 December 2022, 10:58:31 »
Fall Down Seven Times, Get Up Eight (EPUB)

Copyright/Credits Page
Cover art is credited to Franz Vohwinkel but actual cover art bears Klaus Scherwinski's signature.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Colonel
« Reply #36 on: 01 January 2023, 16:01:55 »
The Damocles Sanction

Page 64:

Issue: The date is listed as June 12, 3152.  Should be June 12, 3151 to match the rest of the story.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

HuronWarrior

• Sergeant
« Reply #37 on: 02 January 2023, 08:34:33 »
The Damocles Sanction

page 247 (chapter 20)

Issue: the Taurian ambassador's height is described as "imposing" to the Davion envoys, but he's listed as only being 1.6 meters tall

lobezno

• Recruit
« Reply #38 on: 02 January 2023, 18:33:39 »
The Damocles Sanction

Page 306 chapter 26

"Justin remained stock still,..."

Should be Julian, as Justin is not in the room.

ShroudedSciuridae

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #39 on: 05 January 2023, 07:46:14 »
The Anvil, ch. 3

"Star Captain Noonan Binetti, take the Beak Binary and execute the orders you have."
Issue: Later in chapter referred to as Beak Trinary, with all Stars being named.
Correction: Replace with Beak Trinary

The Anvil, ch. 3
"deploy the explosive charge in the hands of his Griffon IIC."
Correction: Replace with Griffin IIC

The Anvil, ch. 5

"7 MARCH 3148...They had landed two days ago"
Issue: Shattered Fortress p. 27 says 27 February. This is likely correct as they departed Vorzel on 18 Feb (ch. 4), spent ~7 days charging at Tsinan (176 hours=7.3 days per "not considered canon" Tamar Rising), then a 2 day burn from pirate point to landfall.
Correction: Change date to 1 March (27 Feb+2 days), doesn't conflict with anything else I can see in The Anvil or Shattered Fortress.  The next hard time is 11 March in both sources (SF p. 27 & TA ch. 6) though The Anvil does reference 9 March in the first line, "The city of Lietnerton had changed hands three times in two days." If sitting around an extra week with nothing to show for it seems anti-thematic, adjust the number of times and days Lietnerton was fought over. Chistu evacuated the civilians on Day 1 and is under orders to level the place anyway so I doubt she cares if the Lyrans unwittingly help her raze the city with seesaw battles.

The Anvil, ch. 10
"This is Star Colonel Yaroslav of the Hazen Bloodline"
Issue: Era Report: 3145 p. 65 identifies him as Buhallin Bloodhouse.
Correction: Update whichever source is in error.
« Last Edit: 21 January 2023, 11:41:39 by ShroudedSciuridae »

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Colonel
« Reply #40 on: 01 February 2023, 16:18:42 »
Lethal Lessons, chapter 8

Page 91

"the Dragoons where on a schedule they had to follow..."

Change to:

"the Dragoons were on a schedule they had to follow..."