Register Register

Author Topic: Master Unit List (MUL) Feedback Thread III - READ THE FIRST POST  (Read 53015 times)

Kerfuffin(925)

• Captain
Re: Master Unit List (MUL) Feedback Thread III - READ THE FIRST POST
« Reply #480 on: 17 November 2021, 00:24:42 »
Wusun C omnifighter has a special of BOMB3 where every other variant of the chassis has BOMB2.

Also not sure how it has the PRB/RCN specials
« Last Edit: 17 November 2021, 00:31:03 by Kerfuffin(925) »

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #481 on: 17 November 2021, 09:42:04 »
Clint -2-3T seems to be missing from the Periphery General Dark Age list?

It appears in FM:3145 as being built in the Fronc Reaches along with the Hunchback -4G and Rifleman -3N which are both on the list.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Not smarter than a fifth grader
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #482 on: 17 November 2021, 09:51:57 »
one of these days I'm going to rip all of the Resurrect Mech incantations out of the writers' spellbooks.

will discuss

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Part of the fanbase: I have very fringe interests
Same part of the fanbase: Why are my interests not specifically catered to and legitimized by canon?

jasonf

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #483 on: 17 November 2021, 11:14:15 »
Question: should Comstar have unit availability after the Jihad era? It seems to have a random assortment of them in the three later eras, and I'm guessing they may have fallen through the cracks of being updated as either extinct or assigned to RotS:

http://www.masterunitlist.info/Era/FactionEraDetails?FactionId=18&EraId=15
http://www.masterunitlist.info/Era/FactionEraDetails?FactionId=18&EraId=254
http://www.masterunitlist.info/Era/FactionEraDetails?FactionId=18&EraId=16

Also, should all Primitive techs have Rules = Era Specific (including RetroTech)? If so, these 4 are errata:

http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Filter?Name=&HasBV=false&MinTons=&MaxTons=&MinBV=&MaxBV=&MinIntro=&MaxIntro=&MinCost=&MaxCost=&HasBFAbility=&MinPV=&MaxPV=&Technologies=57&Rules=6&BookAuto=&FactionAuto=

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #484 on: 17 November 2021, 12:07:43 »
hmm. comstar does still exist in until they get snuffed out in the dark age... though their republic lists are a bit anemic. Will have to review that

the primitives deserve a look, too. will have to see if there's anything weird about those four or if standardization for primitives outside of the age of war / early star league is needed.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Same part of the fanbase: Why are my interests not specifically catered to and legitimized by canon?

wesdyer

• Private
« Reply #485 on: 18 November 2021, 15:38:10 »
Can we add the infantry squads from CM Mercenaries (pg 82) and CM Kurita (pg 76) to the MUL?

Flamer
MG
Rifle
Laser
SRM

Frantic Pryde

• Sergeant
« Reply #486 on: 18 November 2021, 16:03:58 »
First of all, a hearty THANK YOU! To the MUL team for a really excellent job. I’ve used it like crazy and its been great.

One thing that I think could be a massive improvement to the AS builder, is defaulting all battle armor units to number the of troopers that would be in the unit based on their faction of origins. Elementals would default to 5 trooper units instead of the current 4 for example.

I feel like the vast majority of people building lists will probably be fielding their units this way and I know it would definitely help me and my local players out a lot. Especially the newer players who always seem really confused by this aspect of the builder.

Anyway, that’s my feedback. Thanks for reading and keep up the great work. Thanks again!

Adacas

• Lieutenant
  • In the Cesar Service!!
« Reply #487 on: 19 November 2021, 10:39:03 »
Hello guys, I was today in my morning reviewing the MUL Marian List and we lost two mech, one of the Marshal FR that was on the General Periphery list, when I went to the  Periphery General  list I saw that Fronc Reaches was not directly there but Filvet had appeared, is it some kind of error?

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #488 on: 19 November 2021, 11:07:57 »
Hello guys, I was today in my morning reviewing the MUL Marian List and we lost two mech, one of the Marshal FR that was on the General Periphery list, when I went to the  Periphery General  list I saw that Fronc Reaches was not directly there but Filvet had appeared, is it some kind of error?

Good eye! This is intentional. Periphery General has occasionally been used as an "umbrella" faction for minor Periphery states that aren't yet represented by the MUL. It has been determined that the Marhsal 6FR (and a handful of other units) would drop from PGen in order for us to give them more accurate distribution moving forward.
Tu habites au Québec? Tu veux jouer au BattleTech? Envoie-moi un message!

Adacas

• Lieutenant
  • In the Cesar Service!!
« Reply #489 on: 19 November 2021, 11:18:51 »
Good eye! This is intentional. Periphery General has occasionally been used as an "umbrella" faction for minor Periphery states that aren't yet represented by the MUL. It has been determined that the Marhsal 6FR (and a handful of other units) would drop from PGen in order for us to give them more accurate distribution moving forward.

Ah, oki, will you replace the retired units with some other common use units?

Another thing someone who tells those who write the Rec Guide that saying that this or that model is sold to everyone, but when you make the list the "all" ends up at the limit of the inner sphere is not cute for us. longings to have those units hahahaha

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #490 on: 19 November 2021, 11:38:45 »
Ah, oki, will you replace the retired units with some other common use units?

Unlikely. Access to those units at all was the result of not having the Fronc Reaches as a unique faction. It had to go somewhere. It will now have an accurate distribution

Adacas

• Lieutenant
  • In the Cesar Service!!
« Reply #491 on: 19 November 2021, 11:41:53 »
Thanks for the answer, it hurts the loss it was a nice and modern mech

Mr White

• Recruit
« Reply #492 on: 19 November 2021, 21:22:10 »
I'm not certain if this is entirely the correct thread to post this into, but here goes.

I cannot use the fiters any more. As in, at all.
I go to /Unit/Filter and this is what I see. (https://www.dropbox.com/s/5vo1pah8t5p01as/002.png?dl=0)
If I do a faction + era search, I cannot change tabs away from battlemechs.

Kerfuffin(925)

• Captain
« Reply #493 on: 19 November 2021, 22:48:54 »
Why does the White Raven 2 have the CR special? It doesn’t have FL or anything else I can tell that would impart that ability.

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #494 on: 20 November 2021, 08:55:08 »
I'm not certain if this is entirely the correct thread to post this into, but here goes.

I cannot use the fiters any more. As in, at all.
I go to /Unit/Filter and this is what I see. (https://www.dropbox.com/s/5vo1pah8t5p01as/002.png?dl=0)
If I do a faction + era search, I cannot change tabs away from battlemechs.

Clicking on Factions on the left doesn't expand that filter section? That is the exact view that I see when I go to the site but I'm able to expand the various filter groupings to make selections. What browser and OS are you using? (The last couple "random" problems have been browser and OS dependent so it is something we have to consider when digging into these. I am not able to replicate the problem.)

Mr White

• Recruit
« Reply #495 on: 20 November 2021, 14:28:03 »
None of them work. Not factions, types or any of them. And I'm running Google Chrome on Windows 10.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • All your tulips belong to us.
« Reply #496 on: 20 November 2021, 14:48:19 »
None of them work. Not factions, types or any of them. And I'm running Google Chrome on Windows 10.

Using Chrome on Windows 11, they're working for me.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ar6skgok3r3HjIIaC39OyglKmwvlxQ?e=jd1iCt
My guess is that it's specific to your computer. Clearing cache, reinstalling Chrome, checking extensions, etc.
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets, Combat Manual Lite series [Steiner, Liao, Marik, Calderon, Invading Clans, Comstar. Also Record Sheets for the CM: Kurita and CM: Mercs unique pilots]

Mr White

• Recruit
« Reply #497 on: 20 November 2021, 15:11:31 »
Using Chrome on Windows 11, they're working for me.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ar6skgok3r3HjIIaC39OyglKmwvlxQ?e=jd1iCt
My guess is that it's specific to your computer. Clearing cache, reinstalling Chrome, checking extensions, etc.
That didn't help, unfortunately. I'm having the same issue on my laptop. Again, Chrome + Windows 10.

mordel

• Artificiosus Caupo
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Master Sergeant
    • Mordel.Net
« Reply #498 on: 20 November 2021, 22:34:24 »
Why does the White Raven 2 have the CR special? It doesn’t have FL or anything else I can tell that would impart that ability.

It shouldn't, nor should it have CASE. My guess is this was an entry error as the Standard has CASE and CR.

I've corrected it.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #499 on: 20 November 2021, 22:39:00 »
my guess is that it was ported over in the copy/create function when cloning the White Raven (Standard), which has both

Kerfuffin(925)

• Captain
« Reply #500 on: 20 November 2021, 23:26:32 »
Ryoken III-XP (Skinwalker), all variants, only have 5 blocks of armor. This is incorrect as it has 161 points of Ferro-Lam armor. 161*1.2=192.xx/30=6.4 (round normally) = 6 points of armor.

Idk If this will change its PVs as well
« Last Edit: 20 November 2021, 23:36:05 by Kerfuffin(925) »

Mr White

• Recruit
« Reply #501 on: 20 November 2021, 23:43:33 »
That didn't help, unfortunately. I'm having the same issue on my laptop. Again, Chrome + Windows 10.
So a little more isolation testing and I found that my players also couldn't use the filters. Except for one. And after a little further investigation, it appeared that they were the only one who has a VPN running on default.

So, I turn on my VPN and set it to the US and I get functionality back again. It appears that the MUL doesn't like connections from Australia for some reason.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #502 on: 21 November 2021, 00:01:28 »
I'm a genuine exile in Australia, no VPN, and the filters work fine for me. Chrome 96, up to date, on Windows 10.

They don't work on my Android phone, but not complaining too much about that.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #503 on: 21 November 2021, 01:54:11 »
It shouldn't, nor should it have CASE. My guess is this was an entry error as the Standard has CASE and CR.

I've corrected it.

As a Clan 'mech it should definitely have CASE at minimum unless for whatever reason it didn't bother to use the free option to have it.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #504 on: 21 November 2021, 02:50:22 »
It has nothing explosive so it'll just have ENE

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #505 on: 21 November 2021, 03:14:32 »
Ah, I misunderstood why CASE was an anomaly.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #506 on: 21 November 2021, 13:06:59 »
Ryoken III-XP (Skinwalker), all variants, only have 5 blocks of armor. This is incorrect as it has 161 points of Ferro-Lam armor. 161*1.2=192.xx/30=6.4 (round normally) = 6 points of armor.

Idk If this will change its PVs as well

I've looked in to this and made some adjustments. The Ryoken III-XP should be good now.
Tu habites au Québec? Tu veux jouer au BattleTech? Envoie-moi un message!

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #507 on: 21 November 2021, 21:51:54 »
the Fronc Reaches have been added as a faction

Starfury

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #508 on: 21 November 2021, 23:49:02 »

And there was much rejoicing. Thank you, oh MUL deities, for adding another underappreciated Periphery faction list for me to peruse and lose sleep over.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #509 on: 22 November 2021, 00:20:53 »
And there was much rejoicing. Thank you, oh MUL deities, for adding another underappreciated Periphery faction list for me to peruse and lose sleep over.

How this went:

Clint -2-3T seems to be missing from the Periphery General Dark Age list?

It appears in FM:3145 as being built in the Fronc Reaches along with the Hunchback -4G and Rifleman -3N which are both on the list.

"Ugh. It can't be extinct but it can't be P Gen because they're literally building this thing in a ****** TRACTOR PLANT"
"Ok but it's either that or we add the Froncs"
"<collective sigh>"

four days later