Register Register

Author Topic: Master Unit List (MUL) Feedback Thread III - READ THE FIRST POST  (Read 16687 times)

Karasu

• Mecharcheologist by appointment
  • Warrant Officer
Re: Master Unit List (MUL) Feedback Thread III - READ THE FIRST POST
« Reply #270 on: 16 July 2021, 08:18:16 »
While working on 'Mech family trees I came across an oddness.  I'm not sure if it's an error, or just strange.

Dark Age Era Scorpion Empire and Escorpión Imperio have access to Phoenix Hawk 3D and 3S seemingly out of nowhere.  Earlier on the Escorpión Imperio has the 1 and C models only.

GreekFire

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
  • MUL Contributor
« Reply #271 on: 16 July 2021, 09:02:58 »
While working on 'Mech family trees I came across an oddness.  I'm not sure if it's an error, or just strange.

Dark Age Era Scorpion Empire and Escorpión Imperio have access to Phoenix Hawk 3D and 3S seemingly out of nowhere.  Earlier on the Escorpión Imperio has the 1 and C models only.

Ah, that was supposed to just be the Empire.

A few fringe cases like this are meant to acknowledge the different militaries and production lines of the Hansa and the Scorpions. Things would be a bit more fluid if we had a Hansa list, but that's not on our immediate radar at this point in time.
Tu habites au Québec? Tu veux jouer au BattleTech? Envoie-moi un message!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Looking for a write-up on your favorite 'Mech? Check this out: http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=174.0
Want to know which 'Mechs haven't been covered? Take a look at this: http://pastebin.com/9LNAMhFC
Interested in requesting or writing a 'Mech of the Week article? Come join us over here: https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=55619.0

Kerfuffin(925)

• Lieutenant
« Reply #272 on: 16 July 2021, 21:41:47 »
I know they were just posted, but are the larger aerospace units going to be added to the MUL?

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • All your tulips belong to us.
« Reply #273 on: 16 July 2021, 22:19:18 »
I know they were just posted, but are the larger aerospace units going to be added to the MUL?

No. They were released as a PDF because the MUL can’t handle the cards for large units.
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets, Combat Manual Lite series [Steiner, Liao, Marik, Calderon, Invading Clans, Comstar. Also Record Sheets for the CM: Kurita and CM: Mercs unique pilots]

Clavius1

• Private
« Reply #274 on: 17 July 2021, 11:03:50 »
http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/498/cauldron-born-ebon-jaguar-x
Wrong BV, right value is 2435. Instead of BV year is entered second time.

Elmoth

• Captain
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #275 on: 17 July 2021, 15:21:02 »
I think the point value for the Gorilla Falcata exoskeleton is wrong. 1 PV for this unit seems odd when similar units are significantly higher costed.

http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/5440/gorilla-exoskeleton-falcata

Maingunnery

• Major
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

Fan XTRO: The Society

Sartris

• Battletech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Semi-Sentient MUL Roomba
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #278 on: 17 July 2021, 17:09:37 »
Nope. The Standard is the original design from the age of war. The Passenger transport appeared during the early Star League

RogueK

• Sergeant
« Reply #279 on: 20 July 2021, 08:02:06 »
According to the Master Unit List the Federated Suns does not appear to have access to the Inner Sphere Standard Battle Armor in any era.

Is this correct? Because I'd been under the impression that while they discontinued it once the Cavalier became available they still had significant inventories of it at that point.

Sartris

• Battletech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #280 on: 20 July 2021, 08:08:48 »
It's available to the FedCom during the Clan Invasion, which includes the FedSuns

RogueK

• Sergeant
« Reply #281 on: 20 July 2021, 08:40:21 »
It's available to the FedCom during the Clan Invasion, which includes the FedSuns

It seems weird given that both Lyran Alliance and Lyran Commonwealth get it in clan invasion era then. Why were Fedsuns excluded when it was completionist otherwise? It's a bit inconvenient from a faction checking perspective.

cavingjan

• Sang-Wei MUL
  • Battletech Volunteer
  • Major
  • grumpy ESOB
    • warrenborn
« Reply #282 on: 20 July 2021, 21:46:33 »
They do. Their version is called the Cavalier Battle Armor.

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #283 on: 24 July 2021, 17:19:05 »
Titan (2647)

I believe this should have the TRO:2750 image. The other two variants are Clan-tech and have the TRO:3057 image. If this is indeed an error, it is repeated in Alpha Stike Aerospace Cards: DropShips and Small Craft, but there's no thread for that.

Sartris

• Battletech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #284 on: 24 July 2021, 18:18:01 »
You are correct and possible psychic. I just added the 2750 warships yesterday and the dropships are next on my list

Berith

• Recruit
« Reply #285 on: 25 July 2021, 02:54:48 »
Hey, so I have a suggestion for the MUL force builder. Battle Armors are all defaulted to 4 suits per squad and that would be fine if nobody was playing Clans or ComStar/WoB. So my idea, and feel free to shoot me down, is to create seperate listings for BA squads based upon number of suits. Purifier Laser (RotS) and Purifier Laser (Level I) for example.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #286 on: 25 July 2021, 15:00:49 »
http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/7789/shadow-hawk-shd-7h
Since the SHD-7H debuts in 3101, it probably should not have Early Republic availability at all which ends in 3100. Or is it meant to debut earlier than 3101?
Minis needed for Atlas AS7-K2, Stalking Spider II; Kishi, Oni, Zou, Simian, Quirinus and Centaur battle armor; DI Multipurpose VTOL, Kinnol tank, JES III missile carrier.

Sartris

• Battletech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #287 on: 25 July 2021, 16:06:17 »
Hey, so I have a suggestion for the MUL force builder. Battle Armors are all defaulted to 4 suits per squad and that would be fine if nobody was playing Clans or ComStar/WoB. So my idea, and feel free to shoot me down, is to create seperate listings for BA squads based upon number of suits. Purifier Laser (RotS) and Purifier Laser (Level I) for example.

The intro dates of the 4H and 7H were swapped back in April but the eras were not updated. Both are fixed now

Karasu

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #288 on: 27 July 2021, 03:58:54 »
The Marauder II MAD-6S has an introduction date of 3133, but availability for the Republic of the Sphere for both Early Republic (3081 - 3100) and Late Republic (3101 - 3120) eras.  Either the introduction date or the availabilities are wrong.

Sartris

• Battletech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #289 on: 29 July 2021, 23:48:23 »
Will have to check in on this one - not sure if the foot one should be added or the motorized and jump versions removed.

Since the infantry LRM debuted in 3057, it was determined that only upgraded platoons (the 3049+ gang) would get them. Therefore, the following platoons have been removed

Mechanized Hover Platoon, Marian (LRM)
Mechanized Tracked Platoon, Marian (LRM)
Mechanized Wheeled Platoon, Marian (LRM)
Motorized Platoon, Marian (x4) (LRM)
Jump Platoon, Marian (x2) (LRM)

Sartris

• Battletech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #290 on: 30 July 2021, 00:10:06 »
I think the point value for the Gorilla Falcata exoskeleton is wrong. 1 PV for this unit seems odd when similar units are significantly higher costed.

http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/5440/gorilla-exoskeleton-falcata

as there are no other BA with a PV of less than three, there's a chance it's an error. Will investigate

The Marauder II MAD-6S has an introduction date of 3133, but availability for the Republic of the Sphere for both Early Republic (3081 - 3100) and Late Republic (3101 - 3120) eras.  Either the introduction date or the availabilities are wrong.

probably the availabilities but will double check

Karasu

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #291 on: 02 August 2021, 10:08:33 »
The Commando COM-2D is available to both Periphery General and Taurian Concordat for the Clan Invasion and Civil War eras.  I believe that the Taurian Concordat availability is superfluous and should be removed.

Karasu

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #293 on: 05 August 2021, 05:30:18 »
The new Victor, VTR-12D, is shown in the MUL as having an introductory date of 3132, but availability for Fed Suns, Republic and Mercs in Late Republic (3101 - 3130).

Either the introductory date needs to be earlier (3122?) or the availabilities need to be removed from the Late Republic period.

Sartris

• Battletech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #294 on: 05 August 2021, 08:21:59 »
Date was changed but the late republic availability was not removed. Fixed

Azakael

• Warrant Officer
  • Brotherhood of Outreach - Until the Sword Breaks
« Reply #295 on: 06 August 2021, 19:51:00 »
Okay, this is one that seems odd to me.
Lightray LGH-4Y. Shows Escorpión Imperio availability from Jihad era onward, with Scorpion Empire getting access in Dark Ages. Considering it's a WoB Mech and all other variants are Extinct post-Jihad, is this in error?

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #296 on: 06 August 2021, 19:53:47 »
The Scorpions captured a major WoB supply cache at one point.  This informed their RATs and access for that period.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Panthros

• Sergeant
« Reply #298 on: 08 August 2021, 02:24:26 »
Getting ready to replay some Clan Jade Falcon versus 1st Somerset Strikers tomorrow and I noticed the Banshee Aerospace Fighter does not have a card.  I know not every unit will be in the MUL so I guess it is time for me to learn how points are assigned.  Where would I find this?  Thanks in advance.

http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/5855

Sartris

• Battletech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #299 on: 08 August 2021, 03:09:40 »
like most other units in XTRO Boondoggles, the Banshee fighter is an illegal design and cannot be assigned an AS card. If you would like to convert it as an AS fighter, the stats are in that volume and the conversion rules are in the Alpha Strike Companion