Register Register

Author Topic: Master Unit List (MUL) Feedback Thread III - READ THE FIRST POST  (Read 70014 times)

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • All your tulips belong to us.
Re: Master Unit List (MUL) Feedback Thread III - READ THE FIRST POST
« Reply #900 on: 24 June 2022, 18:46:22 »
I guess the Hammerhead is available now to IS general as well as clan general.
From the Hammerhead  premium mini news on this site:
"The Hammerhead is 45-ton, ilClan era design by Clan Sea Fox, provided to all Clans and Inner Sphere factions in a tariff-free offering."

Actual real life marketing materials are not considered canon.  Clan Sea Fox is not canonically able to market its offerings to 2022. :)
Recognition Guide 05's "The Sea Foxes sell the Hammerhead to all buyers, as long as those buyers happen to be Clan." is still our canon reference for Hammerhead availability.
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets, Combat Manual Lite series [Steiner, Liao, Marik, Calderon, Invading Clans, Comstar. Also Record Sheets for the CM: Kurita and CM: Mercs unique pilots]

Nerroth

• Captain
« Reply #901 on: 24 June 2022, 22:59:15 »
As a follow-up to the IlClan Era Scorpion Empire question (and reply) from a few pages back:

In light of the Hammerhead premium miniature release, has there been any further consideration as to whether or not to make this 'Mech design one of the Clan Sea Fox designs now available to the Goliath Scorpions courtesy of the "Sea Fox Two-Step"?

And/or perhaps through subsequent trade (or even the odd Trial of Possession) between Sea Fox and Goliath Scorpion forces deployed to the Chaine Cluster?

« Last Edit: 24 June 2022, 23:06:22 by Nerroth »

Krachenvogel

• Recruit
« Reply #902 on: 25 June 2022, 09:55:17 »
The Centurion CN10-J from Shrapnel Issue 2 is listed on MUL with Sniper as its role. On the record sheet its role is Brawler. Which is correct? I assume the record sheet?

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #903 on: 25 June 2022, 10:13:58 »
As a follow-up to the IlClan Era Scorpion Empire question (and reply) from a few pages back:

In light of the Hammerhead premium miniature release, has there been any further consideration as to whether or not to make this 'Mech design one of the Clan Sea Fox designs now available to the Goliath Scorpions courtesy of the "Sea Fox Two-Step"?

And/or perhaps through subsequent trade (or even the odd Trial of Possession) between Sea Fox and Goliath Scorpion forces deployed to the Chaine Cluster?

Certain adjustments have taken place, yes.

The Centurion CN10-J from Shrapnel Issue 2 is listed on MUL with Sniper as its role. On the record sheet its role is Brawler. Which is correct? I assume the record sheet?

Thank you, corrected. Brawler is correct.
Tu habites au Québec? Tu veux jouer au BattleTech? Envoie-moi un message!

ShroudedSciuridae

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #904 on: 25 June 2022, 21:49:15 »
This is more curiosity than anything else, but Hi-Scout Drone Carrier (Standard) has me scratching my head.

Every Era is IS General availability, seems a little odd for a high tech vehicle produced in 3000 to reach every market by the time LSW-LosTech ends in 19 years, but that's a tangent.

By Civil War it adds Mercenary availability, which seems redundant.

Jihad adds Kell Hounds and Dragoons to the mix, and I'm really just left wondering why.

I feel like IS General would cover everyone, and Mercenaries should definitely cover the dog pack. Any illumination is appreciated.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Not smarter than a fifth grader
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #905 on: 25 June 2022, 22:05:25 »
IS general is only nation-states. the merc list is its own thing that does not draw from any other source. the kell hounds and dragoons are separate from the general mercs due to their ability to produce large quantities of original equipment

see the IS General page for a list of what that includes from era to era http://masterunitlist.info/Faction/Details/55

CVB

• Lieutenant
« Reply #906 on: 26 June 2022, 02:30:25 »
I just want to take a minute to express my gratitude and admiration for the work the MUL team performs day in and day out, especially the extremely quick, comprehensive and always patient and polite way to reply to the questions and requests of an often - let's say - extremely detail oriented crowd that we sometimes tend to be (guilty as charged!).
I have never had a question or report not answered, and even if it wasn't always the decision I had hoped for, it was always done in a real professional manner.

Stellar work, guys (and girls?) :clap:
"Wars result when one side either misjudges its chances or wishes to commit suicide; and not even Masada began as a suicide attempt. In general, both warring parties expect to win. In the event, they are wrong more than half the time."
- David Drake

I'm willing to suspend my disbelief, but I'm not willing to hang it by the neck until it's dead, dead, dead!

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #907 on: 26 June 2022, 04:09:59 »
IS general is only nation-states. the merc list is its own thing that does not draw from any other source. the kell hounds and dragoons are separate from the general mercs due to their ability to produce large quantities of original equipment
*snip*
So, do they have access to the general Mercenary list too, or only their own lists?  ???

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #908 on: 26 June 2022, 06:26:56 »
So, do they have access to the general Mercenary list too, or only their own lists?  ???
http://masterunitlist.info/Faction/Details/34

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #909 on: 26 June 2022, 06:35:56 »
Thanks!  Here's the text:
This is a general Mercenary availability. A unit available to this "faction" is not necessarily available to the Kell Hounds or Wolf's Dragoons, but is representative of what is used by other mercenary outfits.

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #910 on: 26 June 2022, 08:10:16 »
I just want to take a minute to express my gratitude and admiration for the work the MUL team performs day in and day out, especially the extremely quick, comprehensive and always patient and polite way to reply to the questions and requests of an often - let's say - extremely detail oriented crowd that we sometimes tend to be (guilty as charged!).
I have never had a question or report not answered, and even if it wasn't always the decision I had hoped for, it was always done in a real professional manner.

Stellar work, guys (and girls?) :clap:

Thank you, much appreciated.

And on behalf of the team: thank you to everyone who posts in these threads.
The MUL would not be what it is today without the help of you all.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #911 on: 26 June 2022, 09:20:24 »

A faction has two sets of availability for each era - its own and an attendant general list that represents the middle of a Venn diagram where all considered parties have the same items.

Generic merc, Kell hounds, wolf’s dragoons, and the imperio / scorpion empire are unique in that they draw from the Blank General, which is empty. What their faction list says is the whole enchilada for them. So KH and WD’s lists are completely independent of the general mercs and vice versa

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #912 on: 26 June 2022, 09:33:03 »
Thanks for the clarification Sartris!  :thumbsup:

CVB

• Lieutenant
« Reply #913 on: 26 June 2022, 09:39:06 »
So that Blank General is the needed piece of info. Thanks!
"Wars result when one side either misjudges its chances or wishes to commit suicide; and not even Masada began as a suicide attempt. In general, both warring parties expect to win. In the event, they are wrong more than half the time."
- David Drake

I'm willing to suspend my disbelief, but I'm not willing to hang it by the neck until it's dead, dead, dead!

Adacas

• Lieutenant
  • In the Cesar Service!!
« Reply #914 on: 26 June 2022, 10:30:01 »
Hello, as everyone says excellent work, I have some doubts

I was seeing that we have the Wight 2SC again, but it seemed strange to me that after the two periods of the Republic the 3SC version disappeared from the MUL Marian, with all our neighbors having accessibility to the model, it seemed strange to me that we did not have it

Second topic, I was seeing that several designs that come to us from the IIClan Era Periphery General List are designs that appear in the options of this list of the Tamar Rising Book
It can be deduced that other designs from that list of options will be integrated

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #915 on: 26 June 2022, 10:36:17 »
I was seeing that we have the Wight 2SC again, but it seemed strange to me that after the two periods of the Republic the 3SC version disappeared from the MUL Marian, with all our neighbors having accessibility to the model, it seemed strange to me that we did not have it

That was in error. Thanks, fixed.

Second topic, I was seeing that several designs that come to us from the IIClan Era Periphery General List are designs that appear in the options of this list of the Tamar Rising Book
It can be deduced that other designs from that list of options will be integrated

Not necessarily, no.

Adacas

• Lieutenant
  • In the Cesar Service!!
« Reply #916 on: 26 June 2022, 11:52:11 »
Thank you for the prompt response Greekfire very kind!

Adacas

• Lieutenant
  • In the Cesar Service!!
« Reply #917 on: 26 June 2022, 20:39:47 »
Hello Solved the previous topic I started to see if there could be another similar case from the period of the Republic to Dark Age.

Apart from several cases of primitive mechs disappearing like the Archer and the Primitive Rifleman or the Phoenix there are other cases that made me a little "noise"

Scorpion-1O
wolverine 7m
Wolverines 7M2
Catapult C1b
Orion 1 - MA
Charger 1A5

The Scorpion seemed strange to me because it is a relatively modern model and disappeared as if nothing from one period to another.

The case of the two models of Wolverine I don't know what to attribute it to, the Hegemony deploys a fairly large number of models of this mech which rules out that it lacked spare parts or weapons for this mech

The case of the Catapult is even rarer at a stroke we lose all the models that are not the RL version, in this case it surprises me for different reasons, the Model that I put The C1b is quite common among the neighbors and the Mercenary Market for what I have been observing other models like the C5A is a Field Refit that everyone does and appears in Tamar Rising as  Periphery General List
Another one of the versions of Arrow created the Hegemony making the Arrow IV system, I don't think I can't replicate it like Refit

In the case of the Orion, it is I think a refit of the 1M that is listed in Periphery General in Tamar Rising and there are several neighbors who still have it.

The Charger is perhaps the least I could discuss but since I like the model I ask about it too

Those are the ones that caught my attention the most, although there are some more like the Xanthos-20 and some more

Thank you very much in advance and sorry if I bother

Let's get the C1b that I just saw is extinct
« Last Edit: 26 June 2022, 21:03:00 by Adacas »

pokefan548

• Lieutenant
  • The Barracuda knows where it is, hence the -2 mod.
    • Poke's Aerospace Academy (Discord Server)
« Reply #918 on: 26 June 2022, 20:57:25 »
It's possible this has been brought up, but from Necromo Nightmare, should the following ProtoMechs be available to the Word of Blake circa Jihad?
- Erinyes
- Orc
- Satyr
- Chrysaor
- Hydra
- Roc
- Gorgon
- Minotaur
(All standard configurations)
Poke's Aerospace Academy
The best place to learn and discuss AeroTech.

"Poke is just a figment of our imagination really." - Siam
"Poke isn't a real person, he's just an algorithm programmed by CGL to try and get people to try the aerospace rules." - Phantasm
"I want to plant the meat eating trees and the meat growing trees on the same planet! Watch that plant on plant violence!" - Sawtooth

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #919 on: 26 June 2022, 21:28:34 »
*snip*

Thank you for your feedback. A few adjustments have been made.

It's possible this has been brought up, but from Necromo Nightmare, should the following ProtoMechs be available to the Word of Blake circa Jihad?

No.

Adacas

• Lieutenant
  • In the Cesar Service!!
« Reply #920 on: 27 June 2022, 10:11:35 »
Thanks for the answer Greekfire it is a great task that you do

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #921 on: 28 June 2022, 10:13:04 »
http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/8258/wolverine-wvr-11m

Seems to be erroneously classified as advanced even though it has only standard tech for its time. RG18 record sheet labels it "standard" as well.
Sun Tzu Liao: Scheming, opportunistic weasel of a ruler, or brilliant political tactician?
-What's the difference?

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #922 on: 28 June 2022, 10:41:37 »
fixed. likely a copy/create error... probably from the 9W

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #923 on: 29 June 2022, 09:37:16 »
Elemental <base> for IlClan era is suddenly available to the Kell Hounds, but judging by some other variants, Kell Hounds should probably be Scorpion Empire instead. And this also makes me wonder if AP Gauss variant should be available for the Scorpion Empire, or is that weapon among the few techs they don't possess?

http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/7921/elemental-battle-armor-base
http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/8493/elemental-battle-armor-ap-gauss-sqd5

Also, listing both Clan Smoke Jaguar and IS Clan General seems odd as the former seems to be part of the latter. Is this because of the era's beta status?
Sun Tzu Liao: Scheming, opportunistic weasel of a ruler, or brilliant political tactician?
-What's the difference?

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #924 on: 29 June 2022, 09:53:41 »
scorpion empire was missing from the <Base>. Added.

Kell hounds are correct. You'll notice they've been added to the Sqd4 entries, as that's the formation size they use
http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/958/elemental-battle-armor-flamer-sqd4

the nuJags are indeed IS Clan General and will be removed in the cases where those availabilities overlap

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #925 on: 29 June 2022, 10:34:49 »
the nuJags should no longer be doubling up with IS Clan General

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #926 on: 29 June 2022, 10:36:22 »
Kell hounds are correct. You'll notice they've been added to the Sqd4 entries, as that's the formation size they use
http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/958/elemental-battle-armor-flamer-sqd4
Ah yes, somehow i forgot Kell Hounds are Spheroids. Perhaps my brain tends to interpret them as sort-of Clanners.

Thanks
-What's the difference?

Hellfire

• Sergeant
« Reply #927 on: 30 June 2022, 19:23:55 »
I really hate to post this without having the book, but I've waited forever to post it.

The Ares Attack Craft Mk VII, not to be confused with Ares Assault Craft Mk VII, listed in the Ares Attack Craft Mk IX entry in TRO: 3085 is missing.
« Last Edit: 30 June 2022, 19:28:14 by Hellfire »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #928 on: 30 June 2022, 19:55:07 »
Ack... that's a horrible naming problem!  :P

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #929 on: 30 June 2022, 22:23:42 »
I have asked The Expert on this. The 'Ares' designation and type (landing craft vs close assault landing craft vs attack craft, etc) are all part of the same series

The Ares Marks are:
Mk. I - Ares Landing Craft
Mk. II - Ares Close Assault Landing Craft
Mk. III - Ares Assault Craft
Mk. IV - Landing Craft
Mk. V - Close Assault Landing Craft, Landing Craft
Mk. VI - Ares Assault Craft
Mk. VII - Ares Assault Craft, Close Assault Landing Craft, Landing Craft
Mk. VII-C - Landing Craft
Mk. IX - Ares Attack Craft

Register