Register Register

Author Topic: Intelligence report from Hector (Art WIP)  (Read 1615 times)

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
Intelligence report from Hector (Art WIP)
« on: 15 December 2020, 09:15:37 »
My Khan,

It seems that the Hellions are still working away on several projects, whilst they continue to use the Ice Ferret, which they will still call the Wolf Hunter, the amount of resources being poured into their Research and Development complex near their Blood Chapel indicates that the Hellions were working on something. And now, we have proof of these works, albeit in poor resolution. Getting this data cost us three assets and while we are sure the Hellions will not trace it back to us, with us having implicated the Jade Falcons, we should be aware of these new Mechs. Efforts are underway to obtain more data.

Drawn by the amazing Matt Plog. And, as always, thoughts and comments are most welcome!
« Last Edit: 15 December 2020, 14:33:31 by marauder648 »
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Intelligence report from Hector (Art WIP)
« Reply #1 on: 15 December 2020, 15:26:55 »
My Khan.

An addendum to my report, we initially discarded this information as it was thought that the Mech was a version of the Nova Cat's new Shadow Cat. But closer investigation has found that its a different machine, but its design clues make me believe that it is from the same design team.

namar13766

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 15 December 2020, 16:20:31 »
Newest Project photos?

If Zhukov's focus was Vehicles, and Neptune's focus was Aerospace, perhaps....this is focused on Mechs?

Then I suppose the name should either be Kincaid for the first Mechwarrior or Atlas for the one who made practical myomer bundles.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 15 December 2020, 16:40:57 »
This one's not going to be focused on any one specific clan or unit type. :)

namar13766

• Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 15 December 2020, 17:54:42 »
This one's not going to be focused on any one specific clan or unit type. :)

Do you have a project name or are you open to suggestions? Because if it's the latter, I've got a few suggestions.

Project Legion.

Project Phoenix Forge

Project Rebirth

Project Myriad

Project Array.

Gaiiten

• Captain
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
« Reply #5 on: 21 January 2021, 13:59:08 »
Maybe something for the Star Adders included?  :)
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Kasaga

• Warrant Officer
    • Project: LEGION (An AU by Kasaga)
« Reply #6 on: 23 January 2021, 09:45:38 »
Do you have a project name or are you open to suggestions? Because if it's the latter, I've got a few suggestions.

Project Legion.

Project Phoenix Forge

Project Rebirth

Project Myriad

Project Array.

Sorry bud already a Project: Legion.  Check it out on the fan fic thread.  Forgotten Treasures has links to all past work plus the current continuation of the story.  Also a lot of Marauders work is featured as equipment and vehicles in the storyline. 

namar13766

• Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: 23 January 2021, 21:09:10 »
Sorry bud already a Project: Legion.  Check it out on the fan fic thread.  Forgotten Treasures has links to all past work plus the current continuation of the story.  Also a lot of Marauders work is featured as equipment and vehicles in the storyline.
Well then here's to hoping the next Project of his continues to have inspirational elements.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #8 on: 24 January 2021, 03:03:20 »
I'll give you the title name - Era Report - Wars of Grievance.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #9 on: 24 January 2021, 03:34:23 »
These look good
The below link leads to a wiki page created by Wrangler.  It has links to the various pages of my AU.
https://battletechfanon.fandom.com/wiki/Alternate_Timeline_with_Thanks
For those looking for everything online I've also got them on the OurBattleTech website
https://www.ourbattletech.com/forum/index.php?board=76.0
As always please enjoy and if you have any questions about my AU (or want to chat about ideas I could incorporate into it) feel free to PM me.

namar13766

• Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: 24 January 2021, 09:16:09 »
I'll give you the title name - Era Report - Wars of Grievance.

Sounds like you're combining both the OTL Refusal War and the Wars of Reaving by my guess.

Kerfuffin(925)

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #11 on: 24 January 2021, 17:43:11 »
The Festivus Wars

Terminax

• Lieutenant
  • Never despair. Never surrender.
« Reply #12 on: 24 January 2021, 21:14:19 »
More good looking stuff. I like your spin on things with your other projects, paying a bit more attention to filling out holes while making a reasonable case. It's not canon sure, but it still feels like Battletech and not silliness.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #13 on: 25 January 2021, 10:34:47 »
That third pic looks like a Trooper in the 55-ton weight.

Me likey!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #14 on: 25 January 2021, 15:30:55 »
well seeing as there's broad support for these.

Would you like to know more?

Drawn by the amazing Matt Plog.

Maingunnery

• Major
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #15 on: 25 January 2021, 16:12:56 »
Well that is a very nicely detailed head.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

Fan XTRO: The Society

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #16 on: 25 January 2021, 16:44:30 »
Well that is a very nicely detailed head.

Well it is a TotemMech so its to be expected.

Terminax

• Lieutenant
  • Never despair. Never surrender.
« Reply #17 on: 25 January 2021, 17:17:57 »
That is some sweet art! Looking forward to seeing the whole package.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #18 on: 27 January 2021, 08:42:35 »
Location - Chainelane Isles
Date - October 3058

Major Henderson grunted as his Stalker shook as another laser beam cut across his Mech’s torso, the 85-ton Mech rocking back on its heels slightly. ‘This raid’s gone to shit’ He thought, and he wasn’t wrong.
Under the guise of a raid by ‘Mercenaries’, elements of the 2nd Crucis Lancers were hitting deep behind the lines, striking at the Diamond Shark’s OZ in the Chainelane Isles. On Rondane there was a factory that was a prime target, but they’d not counted on there being two Clan’s forces on world. The Sharks were a known factor, but the Ice Hellions? Intel about them was limited and even as the 2nd’s DropShips had landed the Hellions were advancing on them in force and at very high speed.

Recon had marked their Mech’s down as mostly light and medium weight but there was a few that the War book refused to ID and a handful of larger Mechs, again most were known, Loki’s, Thor’s and the odd Man-o-War as well as a pair of unknowns that the War book tagged as an unknown assault weight Mech.

Expecting the Clanners to engage them in a head on clash the 2nd was still offloading its tanks and had deployed two Company’s forward to take the shock of the attack and let the 2nd fully deploy.

“Major! They’re swarming all over us! They’re not fighting like Clanners, they’re teaming up and ripping us apart! Sara on your right!!” The signal had been cut off by the sound of weapons fire then a scream followed by static, and that was the last transmission from the vanguard force.

The Hellions were sure as hell NOT fighting like Clanners, yes their Mechs were small and landing a heavy hit on one could be fatal, but they refused to close the range, dancing around at extreme range, using their longer ranged weapons to gnaw the 2nd’s Mech’s and tanks to bits. Often a single Mech or tank would be engaged by anywhere up to four Mech’s, breaking off from the darting pack of Hellion Mechs, zipping into range before dancing out again, beyond any realistic fire. Only LRM’s and light autocannons were able to effectively reach them, and the few Mech’s equipped with weapons that had been rediscovered by the Helm Memory Core.

“LRM Ammunition supply at 10%”
Major Henderson’s ‘Bitching Betty’ politely reminded him as he volleyed of another twenty missiles at a white and blue striped Mech that fired back with its ER Large Laser, moving faster than a Medium Mech had any right to do.

“Major! Hostile air approaching from 044, heading towards the DropShips!”
“Keep firing! Bring the bastards down!”
“Got one!”
“Captain, armour’s wearing thin!”

The comm’s channel was a confused babble of voices, and then there was swearing and shouts of alarm as the Hellion force wheeled about almost as one and charged, closing the distance shockingly fast.
Major Henderson didn’t have time to give orders, with the Hellions flowing around his Battalion, cutting them off from the DropShips and swarming his command, each Mech was fighting its own battle, cut off from its comrades by the swarming Hellion’s. Yelling commands into his mic, Major Henderson didn’t even see Star Colonel Zara Drake’s Apex storming towards him at over 130kph, the Stalker was starting to swing around but it was far too late as the Clan Mech’s weapons tore into the Stalker’s already battered rear armour and detonated its SRM ammo, shattering the Mech in a tooth rattling explosion.

The raid had come at the worst possible time, the Diamond Sharks were trading Mech’s from their facilities on Rondane to other Clans, and the Ice Hellions had deployed elements of Alpha Galaxy to secure their trade and bring them back to the Homeworlds. When the ‘Mercenaries’ had landed the Hellions had demanded the right to defend their equipment and had moved out to engage what they saw as little more than Dezgra Pirates. The losses for the 2nd Crucis Lancer’s Reinforced 3rd Battalion were total, three DropShips were also captured and the rest destroyed by the furious and eager Ice Hellions.

Frenzy OmniMech

Apex Totem Mech

Bobcat OmniMech

One more should be added soon when Matt finishes it, thoughts and comments are always welcome and yes, the Apex's speed IS correct.
« Last Edit: 27 January 2021, 08:57:11 by marauder648 »

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #19 on: 27 January 2021, 09:46:05 »
I like them thanks for putting up both camo and non camo makes it easier to see details
The below link leads to a wiki page created by Wrangler.  It has links to the various pages of my AU.
https://battletechfanon.fandom.com/wiki/Alternate_Timeline_with_Thanks
For those looking for everything online I've also got them on the OurBattleTech website
https://www.ourbattletech.com/forum/index.php?board=76.0
As always please enjoy and if you have any questions about my AU (or want to chat about ideas I could incorporate into it) feel free to PM me.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #20 on: 27 January 2021, 10:01:53 »
I like them thanks for putting up both camo and non camo makes it easier to see details

Yeah it turns out that disruptive patern camo does its job :D the Hellion one especially, it looks like dazzle paint even though it would be blueish grey stripes on a slightly off white main body. But in black and white it works like dazzle camo!

namar13766

• Sergeant
« Reply #21 on: 27 January 2021, 10:30:42 »
2 things.

1. Is the Apex an Omnimech or a regular Mech?

2. So what's the ETA on finishing the second sketch in the OP?

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #22 on: 27 January 2021, 10:31:45 »
2 things.

1. Is the Apex an Omnimech or a regular Mech?

2. So what's the ETA on finishing the second sketch in the OP?

1 - Its a regular Mech, it seems that as a whole the Clan totem designs are standard Mechs and not modular so that's what I went with

2 - The Vendetta should be done within a day or so :)

Phobos

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #23 on: 27 January 2021, 15:50:29 »
Holy Jeebus, these look great! Art-wise, but also in terms of the ideas behind them  :)

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #24 on: 28 January 2021, 01:09:51 »
And here's the Vendetta OmniMech

All done by the amazing Matt Plog, the Vendetta is a 55 tonner. Whilst not too fast by Ice Hellion standards, the Vendetta is still capable of short bursts of very high speed. It's also heavily armed and capable of engaging targets at all ranges. Unfortunately its interior, much like the Frenzy and Apex are cramped nightmares to work on and whilst the Vendette can carry a considerable tonnage of weapons, its tight confines means it can't carry large weapons easily.
Despite these drawbacks, the Vendetta is loved by Warriors, even if the Technician's hate the finicky 'Hangar Queens'.
« Last Edit: 28 January 2021, 02:59:22 by marauder648 »

Gaiiten

• Captain
« Reply #25 on: 28 January 2021, 11:16:35 »
 :thumbsup:

Very nice.
Has the Vendetta somewhat inspired by the Assassin Battlemech?
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #26 on: 28 January 2021, 11:20:57 »
:thumbsup:

Very nice.
Has the Vendetta somewhat inspired by the Assassin Battlemech?

I can see how you'd say that :D And looking at it I can see it too! Another friend said it looks like its got bits of an OST design in there. The original brief was

Perhaps based in part on the - https://cfw.sarna.net/wiki/images/6/65/Exterminator_Caine_XTROGunslingers.png?timestamp=20180115002535 But with a bulked up torso to try and fit the weapons, as well as more hard, angular edges to it instead of the smooth curves of the Exterminator. Both hands have fists and I'd assume the main weapons in the arm would be mounted under the forearm and the ER small's would be on the side.

But with Matt I trust him implicitly, and he's always interpreted my gibbering and braying into something like what I want :D
« Last Edit: 28 January 2021, 11:27:46 by marauder648 »

Kasaga

• Warrant Officer
    • Project: LEGION (An AU by Kasaga)
« Reply #27 on: 28 January 2021, 17:05:08 »
Always love the work you bring to the community with your projects. 

Gaiiten

• Captain
« Reply #28 on: 29 January 2021, 08:53:12 »
If you are interested in, I could help you with the flufftext.

I can see how you'd say that :D And looking at it I can see it too! Another friend said it looks like its got bits of an OST design in there. The original brief was

Perhaps based in part on the - https://cfw.sarna.net/wiki/images/6/65/Exterminator_Caine_XTROGunslingers.png?timestamp=20180115002535 But with a bulked up torso to try and fit the weapons, as well as more hard, angular edges to it instead of the smooth curves of the Exterminator. Both hands have fists and I'd assume the main weapons in the arm would be mounted under the forearm and the ER small's would be on the side.

But with Matt I trust him implicitly, and he's always interpreted my gibbering and braying into something like what I want :D

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Captain
  • Foi Est Tout
« Reply #29 on: 10 February 2021, 18:26:40 »
Wow... just amazing. Plog's linework is just brilliant.  :drool:

Register