Register Register

Author Topic: Operation GLASS HOUSE.  (Read 10054 times)

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
Re: Operation GLASS HOUSE.
« Reply #150 on: 21 May 2022, 10:59:17 »

Excellent use of shadows.  :thumbsup:
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

Fan XTRO: The Society
Nebula Confederation Ships

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #151 on: 21 May 2022, 14:20:34 »
I can't see the image for some reason... only a tiny little color inverted "X"...  :(

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #152 on: 21 May 2022, 14:27:53 »
I can't see the image for some reason... only a tiny little color inverted "X"...  :(

Should work now :)
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #153 on: 21 May 2022, 14:48:09 »
It does!  WOW!  :o

Thank you, good sir!  :thumbsup:

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #154 on: 21 May 2022, 18:21:15 »
A blessing from Holy Blake, praise be His name and the gift of knowledge He has bestowed upon His chosen.

looks awesome
Below are links to my fan fiction pages.

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/fan-fiction/alternate-timeline-with-thanks-(full)/

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/fan-fiction/alternate-timeline-with-thanks-full-part-2/

As always please enjoy and if you have any questions about my AU (or want to chat about ideas I could incorporate into it) feel free to PM me.

namar13766

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #155 on: 21 May 2022, 20:45:57 »
A blessing from Holy Blake, praise be His name and the gift of knowledge He has bestowed upon His chosen.

Why do I have the feeling the Tuatha series made a reappearance in the ‘modern’ age of the 3000s?

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #156 on: 22 May 2022, 00:01:32 »
Why do I have the feeling the Tuatha series made a reappearance in the ‘modern’ age of the 3000s?

Not quite but they do serve partially as an inspiration for another series of 'Mechs.

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
    • Project: LEGION (An AU by Kasaga)
« Reply #157 on: 26 May 2022, 22:07:11 »
This is awesome.  I love it.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #158 on: 03 June 2022, 08:44:57 »
“Sir?” the radio clicked on for a moment as Captain Rukos glanced at his ‘Mechs sensors and the clock on the HUD.
“What is it Randle?”

“HQ’s missed its regular comms check, you getting anything?” That made the Captain stop for a moment, the younger MechWarrior was right, and with a Strategos visiting all patrols were receiving regular communication updates and patrol route changes from HQ.
His Black Knight had a far superior communications suite than Randle’s rather decrepit Stinger and a flick of a switch saw those systems engaged.

“HQ this is Patrol 04 Alpha, comm’s check over.”
Static filled the air, and even after waiting ten seconds there was nothing.
“HQ this is Patrol 04 Alpha, come in please.”

“Sir! Look to the east!” The younger MechJock’s voice was filled with alarm, even panic and the Captain quickly activated his rear cameras, eyes bulging as he bit back a curse.

The night sky to the east was lit with flames that underlit the dark clouds overhead, there was the odd trace of weapons fire, a few brilliant beams visible even at this range.

“Randle! Raise anyone you can and form up on me! Move it!”
“Yes Sir!”

Both ‘Mechs wheeled around, picking up to 64kph, the Black Knights maximum speed, weapons armed as they started the 12-kilometre run back to the HQ. As the range dropped the radio channels became filled with static and electronic noise that howled across all frequencies, forcing the two ‘Mechs to communicate via directed laser communications, even the Black Knight’s advanced systems were unable to burn through the jamming, unable to get a word out or know if anyone was trying to communicate with them.

A kilometre from the HQ the jamming stopped with an almost shocking finality, the airwaves going dead and silent.

“Randle…go full active and passive on searches. You see anything you disengage immediately.”
“Yes Sir…who did this?”
“Not a damn clue…just watch your sensors, stay close.”

The camp was a wreck. 18th Brigade was one of the key forces on Carver IV, its Companies spread out holding onto vital towns and strongpoints as well as the main lines of communication, and it was all coordinated from a heavily protected and camouflaged HQ miles from any town, protected by two Companies of ‘Mechs as well as tanks, infantry, and emplaced defences. General Hawkins had been visiting, coordinating another offensive against rebel holdouts but now…

Fires were everywhere, the buildings and tents torn by energy weapons, riddled with bullet holes, the generator park was a blazing, sparking wreck, the mess hall and barracks were on fire, the ‘Mechs thermals picking up cold dark shapes lying everywhere where they’d fell.

“Jesus…Look! That’s the Colonel’s ‘Mech…its still in the gantry. The tanks..they’re all at parade still from earlier…”

Captain Rukos licked his dry lips “I see it..that means this happened about a hour after we went on patrol…you getting anything from anyone else?”

“Nothing Sir, its all quiet, too much smoke and heat for clean visuals and thermals scans but..there’s nothing moving out there.”

“Yeah same here, form up on me, we’ll see if there’s anything left of the HQ and then…”

The targeting warning sensors howled in the cockpit making the Captain jump! Something was painting his ‘Mech and just as he shouted a warning Randle’s Stinger exploded as a whiteish blue bolt of energy smashed through the light ‘Mechs back and blasted its way out the chest. The 20-ton ‘Mech’s arms spasmed before it collapsed onto what remained of its chest.

Rukos’s training kicked in and he was still looking for an attacker when he saw something in the smoke and fire, something that had not been there before and was clearly another ‘Mech, one they’d had to have walked right past as they would have detected it moving up behind them.

It was unlike any design he’d ever seen, its hull was sharply angled, broad shouldered with a head buried deep in the upper hull, its arms terminating in blocky ‘claws’ that were open to reveal the short barrels of energy weapons. The ‘Mech was big, easily as big as the Black Knight but it was hard to make out, its form flickering, indistinct, its hull plating showing the smoke and fires around it.

No sooner had that moment of confused recognition passed when the ‘Mech fired again, some kind of PPC hammering a bolt that would have caught the Black Knight in the middle of its back if Rukos hadn’t pulled hard, starting a turn at the last moment. Pulse and standard lasers stitched across the ‘Mechs back whilst the PPC smashed into the upper right shoulder, ripping through the armour, and causing several heatsinks to fail!

“BASTARDS!” The Rimworlder officer snarled, hauling his ‘Mech around as more lasers cut into the back armour and arms and Rukos grinned as he got the alien looking ‘Mech in his sights, the unknown design standing there as it waiting for him.

The Captain didn’t see the shot that killed him as three ER PPC blasts hammered into the Black Knight’s sundered rear armour and a gauss rifle slug smashed its way through the 'Mech's head, spreading debris both metallic and organic into the cold night air.

A kilometer away a trio of Clíodhna's as well as a single Afanc shut down their targetting computers and headed for the extraction point.

In the ruins of the Rimworld HQ the Dullahan ‘Mech turned away from its two kills, a single click on the radio the only communication the SOE ‘MechWarrior’s needed to know that the mission was a success, a Rimworld Republic formation had just lost its HQ and the Regular army forces were eighteen hours from effecting a landing. The 18th Brigade as a functioning unit had just ceased to be.

« Last Edit: 03 June 2022, 16:10:27 by marauder648 »

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
    • Project: LEGION (An AU by Kasaga)
« Reply #159 on: 04 June 2022, 10:03:32 »
Bro that is awesome.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #160 on: 06 June 2022, 15:44:22 »

Unlike the more heavily armed Royal 4Db Exterminator or the 4C, itself a stealth capable version of the standard 4D, the Exterminator 4SO featured the full stealth systems of the 4C with the 4Db's ER large laser. This 'Mech was originally designed as a testbed for the Chameleon and Null Signature systems alongside its smaller companion the Spector, and was used by the SLDF in small numbers as they tried to refine the stealth systems and equipment and, alongside the Spector was used extensively by the SOE prior to the introduction of the Tuatha series of 'Mechs.

by the amazing Matt Plog.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #161 on: 06 June 2022, 19:04:44 »
One of the best Exterminators looks great
Below are links to my fan fiction pages.

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/fan-fiction/alternate-timeline-with-thanks-(full)/

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/fan-fiction/alternate-timeline-with-thanks-full-part-2/

As always please enjoy and if you have any questions about my AU (or want to chat about ideas I could incorporate into it) feel free to PM me.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #162 on: 06 June 2022, 19:09:47 »
Indeed it does, though I'm a little concerned about the lack of stealth at the knees...  8)

Takiro

• Lieutenant
  • BattleTech: Salient Horizon
    • Your BattleTech
« Reply #163 on: 06 June 2022, 22:11:20 »
Very nice!