Register Register

Author Topic: Nebula California Revisions and Supplements  (Read 13729 times)

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
Re: Nebula California Revisions and Supplements
« Reply #180 on: 25 September 2021, 22:26:29 »
Didn't we have rules for that already...  in one of FASA old modules about turning  HPG into a weapon

Null Set
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

RifleMech

• Captain
« Reply #181 on: 26 September 2021, 07:30:36 »
Oh yeah, but all of those were DOME mega-engineering projects. Cobra's tech somehow managed to accomplish the same feats with weapons no bigger than a five-story tall silo and some comm sats, though. Freaking cheaters!

If we had the time and/or willingness to do so, you might have seen an HPG Cannon in the last Jihad book, but we couldn't agree on how to stat it AND how to prevent the weapon from being copied by the other Inner Sphere powers "someday". (Though I think that's one theory for how the Fortress Wall worked? I dunno; I stopped paying attention to the lore after about 2016...)

- Herb

;D

Ooohh! It's a shame it didn't get stated out. Even as a "theory". (I can understand that. I haven't paid too much attention to it either.)

Wouldn't that HPG Cannon be considered Galvatron's gun?

TT

I'd of guessed a Heavy PPC or Clan ERPPC, with PPC Capacitor.

Did....did you just come up with the SDF-1's reflex cannon or Space Cruiser Yamato's Wave Motion Gun?

That would be fun!  >:D

Didn't we have rules for that already...  in one of FASA old modules about turning  HPG into a weapon
Null Set

:o  Null Set has an HPG Cannon in it?  :o :o :o

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #182 on: 26 September 2021, 08:03:28 »
It has rules for what happens if you target enemy units with an HPG and hit “send”
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #183 on: 26 September 2021, 10:25:51 »
Ooohh! It's a shame it didn't get stated out. Even as a "theory". (I can understand that. I haven't paid too much attention to it either.)

Well, to be fair, much like Apollyon's Key, the only working sample of the tech would have been annihilated on Gibson by the Regulans. But, again, we couldn't fully agree on how it worked. And keeping it a mystery was more appealing anyway.

- Herb

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #184 on: 26 September 2021, 11:47:48 »
So your saying four mapsheet AOE, roll 2d6 ten times, whereas the amount is in Capital damage scale and add together equals total damage spread?

Or something like that...

;)

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

RifleMech

• Captain
« Reply #185 on: 26 September 2021, 12:46:43 »
It has rules for what happens if you target enemy units with an HPG and hit “send”

Are they still canon? I thought I read in later books that an HPG cannon was looked into but couldn't be made. Imagine if the transmission were off just a tiny bit. The surrounding area would be filled with little pockets of death. Even the HGP would eventually collapse.

"Excuse me, Adept. There's a problem with the restroom."
"Oh dear. Is the Star League era toilet paper dispenser not working again? They can be a big fickle but if you say the prayer right..."
"Oh not, Adept. That isn't the problem."
"Oh? What is the problem?"
"There is no bathroom."
"Oh no! Not again. Someone's going to be fed to the toasters for this."

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #186 on: 26 September 2021, 15:25:12 »
So your saying four mapsheet AOE, roll 2d6 ten times, whereas the amount is in Capital damage scale and add together equals total damage spread?

"I'm not saying anything. I'm did not say anything then, and I'm not saying anything now." *enigmatic smile*

- Herb

DOC_Agren

• Captain
« Reply #187 on: 26 September 2021, 22:23:02 »
Null Set
Thanks.. I could not remember which module, just that the GM of an old PBEM game of Battletech told me as a Comstar player vrs Clanner in one of those early time Comstar went rogue on the clan force accepting the surrender of said planet.  We could not use the HPG to target their Mechs or the warship in orbit.  Honestly no one knows what really happened in the canon universe just that Comstar had to say Sorry  I member of ROM took command of the security detachment after the commander need to need a nap.  Early WOB operation, goal to sucker them into shooting us and broadcast it live as a Emergency Message to all Stations.
« Last Edit: 28 September 2021, 19:30:07 by DOC_Agren »
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

RifleMech

• Captain
« Reply #188 on: 28 September 2021, 17:35:25 »
I'm feeling lazy at the moment and don't care to look but by any chance was Renegade Legion mentioned?

monbvol

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Flogging will continue until morale improves
« Reply #189 on: 28 September 2021, 19:59:38 »
Not sure.  If it was it was in passing at most.

I'm honestly not familiar with Renegade Legion at all to offer anything on making a working conversion.

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
« Reply #190 on: 28 September 2021, 22:04:59 »
Down in Off Topic, someone mentioned they wouldn't be making it.

It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

RifleMech

• Captain
« Reply #191 on: 29 September 2021, 05:38:42 »
That's cool. I just wondered.

It's been a while since I looked at the books but I thought it was an interesting universe. I never got far into the game part so I wouldn't be sure about conversions either.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #192 on: 29 September 2021, 07:55:03 »
Use Combat and Support Hovers with ICE and Fuel Cell. All the weapons of BT and don't forget the fluff.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #193 on: 29 September 2021, 09:48:28 »
That's cool. I just wondered.

It's been a while since I looked at the books but I thought it was an interesting universe. I never got far into the game part so I wouldn't be sure about conversions either.

A new company is working on bringing Renegade Legion back.Currently in Beta, apparently:

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/335406/Renegade-Legion-Centurion-Beta-21?manufacturers_id=18270

- Herb

RifleMech

• Captain
« Reply #194 on: 29 September 2021, 12:02:23 »
Use Combat and Support Hovers with ICE and Fuel Cell. All the weapons of BT and don't forget the fluff.

TT

I'm not sure all the weapons translated over that closely.  :-\

A new company is working on bringing Renegade Legion back.Currently in Beta, apparently:

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/335406/Renegade-Legion-Centurion-Beta-21?manufacturers_id=18270

- Herb

Well that's cool.  :) I'm glad it isn't dead.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #195 on: 29 September 2021, 13:47:02 »
I'm not sure all the weapons translated over that closely.  :-\

Which ones? My books are in storage.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

RifleMech

• Captain
« Reply #196 on: 29 September 2021, 16:04:19 »
Which ones? My books are in storage.

TT

There's a lot really. Like the lasers have 4 classes with multiple sub classes? And there's other things I have been able to find out what they are or do but I'm probably not looking in the right book. ??? Like a 150mm damage T. ???

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #197 on: 29 September 2021, 16:34:16 »
There's a lot really. Like the lasers have 4 classes with multiple sub classes? And there's other things I have been able to find out what they are or do but I'm probably not looking in the right book. ??? Like a 150mm damage T. ???

Standard, ER, Pulse Micro...

AC/2-10... LACs, the Gauss family and of course the Artillery Cannons...Maybe RACs too.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #198 on: 29 September 2021, 16:51:31 »

Four classes of lasers with multiple sub-classes you say?

You mean like: Micro, Small, Medium, Large-class with Standard, ER, Pulse, X-Pulse, Heavy, and Improved Heavy sub-classes? (Plus the odd-gun out: the Binary!) Madness, I say!

- Herb

Daryk

• Colonel
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #199 on: 29 September 2021, 18:51:45 »
No, no, no... the Blazer Cannon is the odd laser IN!  :D

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #200 on: 29 September 2021, 21:11:32 »
No, no, no... the Blazer Cannon is the odd laser IN!  :D

Hey, I made it, so you don't have to sell it to me...

- Herb

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #201 on: 30 September 2021, 08:33:52 »
Hey, I made it, so you don't have to sell it to me...

So a Small Laser mated to a Flamer makes not a Plasma Cutter in 3025?  :)

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #202 on: 30 September 2021, 12:18:40 »

That would be the Spot Welder. ;)

- Herb

idea weenie

• Captain
« Reply #203 on: 30 September 2021, 18:59:15 »

TT

Plasma Cutter?  Did you just come up with another Nebula California scenario?  Now what would the Brethren say about that

RifleMech

• Captain
« Reply #204 on: 01 October 2021, 03:12:32 »
Four classes of lasers with multiple sub-classes you say?

You mean like: Micro, Small, Medium, Large-class with Standard, ER, Pulse, X-Pulse, Heavy, and Improved Heavy sub-classes? (Plus the odd-gun out: the Binary!) Madness, I say!

- Herb

I suppose that could work if we can get them in the right order. What about the weight though? Don't they get really heavy really fast? Or is that because they include heat sinks?

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #205 on: 01 October 2021, 11:31:56 »

I suppose that could work if we can get them in the right order. What about the weight though? Don't they get really heavy really fast? Or is that because they include heat sinks?

Sorry, I lost track. What were we talking about again?

- Herb

RifleMech

• Captain
« Reply #206 on: 02 October 2021, 16:31:46 »
Sorry, I lost track. What were we talking about again?

- Herb

Converting Renegade Legion weapons to BT Weapons. There does seem to be as many laser types in both but getting them in the right order would be tricky.

Do Graboids, Shriekers, and Ass Blasters exist in BT? 

monbvol

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #207 on: 02 October 2021, 17:25:07 »
Possibly.

RifleMech

• Captain
« Reply #208 on: 02 October 2021, 17:44:07 »
Units being sucked under ground by giant worms or swarmed by heat seeking monsters. Sounds fun  >:D

monbvol

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #209 on: 02 October 2021, 18:20:28 »
Megafauna large enough to warrant the development of the Cattlemaster does present interesting possibilities.

Register