Register Register

Author Topic: battle armor cubicles  (Read 452 times)

Hairbear541

• Master Sergeant
battle armor cubicles
« on: 22 November 2021, 13:10:37 »
for installation on a dropship , how much does each ba cubicle weigh . wanting to repurpose some ds as dedicated ba carriers .

AlphaMirage

• Captain
Re: battle armor cubicles
« Reply #1 on: 22 November 2021, 13:27:55 »
Should be in either tech manual or TacOps. I believe they were only the tonnage of the suit.

idea weenie

• Major
Re: battle armor cubicles
« Reply #2 on: 22 November 2021, 21:39:35 »
Tech Manual (corrected 4th printing) page 239 has masses for the different transport bays.  Battle Armor bays weigh 2 tons per BA stored there, and require 6 personnel for each group of 4/5/6 BA based on the force type.  I.e. Inner Sphere, Periphery, & Mercenary forces field its BA in units of 4 BA and each unit needs 6 personnel.  The Clans field units of 5 BA, and need 6 personnel.  Comstar/WoB field BA in units of 6 BA, and need 6 personnel.

You might choose to allocate extra tonnage, as having a 2-ton BA shoved inside a 2-ton bay means there is no room for anything else.

There are advanced rules that let you carry more of the smaller BA in the 2-ton bay, so if you want to make a more flexible force that could help lower the tonnage.
I.e. if you make a force that is primarily half-ton and 3/4 ton battle armor, then you probably want to carry more of the lighter BA per 2-ton bay.