Register Register

Author Topic: Alternate Timeline with Thanks (FULL) Part 2  (Read 144988 times)

snakespinner

• Captain
Re: Alternate Timeline with Thanks (FULL) Part 2
« Reply #1170 on: 30 July 2019, 01:56:45 »
DC has returned, amazing. :beer:
I wish I could get a good grip on reality, then I would choke it.
Growing old is inevitable,
Growing up is optional.
Watching TrueToaster create evil genius, priceless...everything else is just sub-par.

DOC_Agren

• Captain
« Reply #1171 on: 30 July 2019, 16:43:11 »
The age old is it worth winning a war at the cost of losing your nation - I agree with the argument the Nova Cats will run out of warships before the Taurians run out of nukes but Erik wants the war done.
Well I had it party right, it was a kinda of coup by military command of the TC, but also glad that DC agree that pirates would have run out of ships before TC nukes.

Welcome back to your home away from home.
 :rockon: :rockon:
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Zureal

• Lieutenant
  • There are Mechs incoming? Bring up T-Rex!
« Reply #1172 on: 30 July 2019, 21:27:59 »
Hmm... interesting, "my Terribles"... like... are they terrable at battle or just terrably smelly?

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #1173 on: 02 August 2019, 03:38:16 »
Hmm... interesting, "my Terribles"... like... are they terrable at battle or just terrably smelly?

Should have been "Terror's" I messed up it's his unit from Touring the Stars Sherwood

Officer Candidate School Graduation
Sandhurst Military Academy, England
Terra, Star League Protectoorate
2nd March 3113

In the torrential rain at the Sandhurst Military Academy the two hundred-and-six men and women of this years Star League Defence Force graduation class stood ready for their first assignment.  Among the graduates stood Nicola Kincaid-Cameron and her brother Jeremy the son and daughter of Governor Bannister Cameron and Colonel Andrea Kincaid.  The two twenty-three-year-old twins had already been given their first assignments with Nicola assigned to the recently formed Seventh Royal Regimental Brigade on Outreach while Jeremy was due to join one of the airwings assigned to the SLS Enterprise’s which was currently assigned to Milligan’s World on the Snow Raven border.

This class graduated along with other classes across the Star League Protectorate and on the other protected worlds as news spreads that the SLDF had landed on and secured the worlds of Wing and Wyatt from Clan Wolf forces.  This fantastic news is diminished slightly as Clan Wolf’s forces land on Denebola and drive the First Knights of the Inner Sphere from the world bringing them another system closer to Terra.  With the Wolves moving closer to Terra the Lyran Commonwealth are able to liberate Colfax and Cascade as the Clan pull's its hardened units forward leaving other worlds under defended.

Government building, Zletovo
Lesnovo, District of Lesnovo
Free Worlds League
15th March 3113

Standing in front of the of the other eight ruling council members of the District of Lesnovo Duke Raymond Brewer-Cameron-Jones spoke.  “Ladies and gentlemen, I disagree about the decision that has been made today by our people and this council.  I have led this District honestly and will continue to serve loyally under the new administration.”  He said glancing to the left-hand side “I worry about the decision that has been made today, we are empowering a people that once threatened destruction of everything that we care about.”  He said appealing to their better demons unfortunately it wasn’t enough “without further from me I give you…” he said glancing again to his left “I give you Khan Petra Furey of the Twin Sons system, leader of the Smoke Jaguars and new leader of this District.”

From off to his side Khan Petra Furey dressed in the ceremonial furs of Clan Smoke Jaguar which had been modified with the colours of the nations from the Twin Sons system.  “Thank you” she said stepping up to the end of the table.  “Ladies and Gentlemen, despite the fears of some members of this council the greater public of the people of Lesnovo saw wisdom in turning to the strong in this time of unease.  I will rule justly but I do not foresee any great changes to people’s day to day lives, what is important is that everyone remembers we continue to live in the Free Worlds League, the rules that my people live by will not be adopted for all.”  She said intending on putting the people in the room at ease this was not a take over she wished to show that they would work within the system.  “To show that we are willing to work with the people of this district.  Units of Smoke Jaguars will travel throughout the District sharing their insights and training, helping in shoring up defences and supporting local construction initiatives while we will be looking at using the Streaking Mist as a transport for constructing jump stations across the district.”  She knew that particular concession was not popular among the crew of the Streaking Mist but they needed the good will and communication links it would create to repair the recently acquired Sceptre in a timely faction.

“We will also with the permission of those worlds we visit be opening recruitment drives to improve the armed forces of all worlds in the district.”  She said explaining the first change she’d be making, the truth behind these initiatives would come out in time but that was all her people needed.  On Twin Sons the Jaguars had already began replacing their ultra-light BattleMechs with fully armed and functional BattleMechs, many armed with Clan grade weapons after gaining access to the resources of the District and from links they had made with the Sea Fox Clan.  The power gained from leading the District would just add to her Clan’s rebuilding, while the public image of assisting the worlds in their own projects and defence would improve external feelings about the Smoke Jaguars.

Weapons Testing
Proving Ground 47A, Australian Outback
Terra, Star League Protectorate
19th March 3113

The tent city in the Australian Outback had been Dr Lucy Davis home for the last six months as she and her team tried to get the Star League Defence Forces newest weapons, the TSEMP, to work.  Three years of work on Kittery had led to this research after it was proven that field tests far from Terra were not enough.  The weapon system was based on the original SLDF’s Centurion Weapon System and was intended on shutting down enemy Mechs before they could retaliate.  The original Centurion system only worked on certain BattleMechs that carried a specific transponder the SLDF’s new plan was for a weapon system capable of shutting down any BattleMech.

There were eight BattleMechs assigned to the Proving Ground but so far after more than two years of testing Davis and her team were no closer to succeeding.  Each time the weapons was fired at a Mech with the transponder it worked perfectly but against normal Mechs without the transponder it had little to no effect.

The tent flaps opened and through the door entered General David Hassid entered he was in his 40s and had been a career SLDF military officer.  He was ten years Lucy Davis junior and while she found him attractive his military approach to everything, even research, annoyed her if it didn’t benefit, he wanted to get rid of it.

“How are you progressing Dr Davis?”

“We can make BattleMechs with the transmitters shut down ninety-six percent of the time.”  She said they hadn’t been able to perfect the Centurion system but it worked on most targets.  “As a training weapon it could be invaluable for controlling our assets.”  She explained thinking about the benefits.

“Until we end up in the same situation as the first Star League.”  Hassid dismissed the idea having read history “and the TSEMP?”

“It shows promise but is years from full production.  We need to reduce its size, its drawbacks and it’s power consumption.”  She admitted deciding to give him all of the facts hoping it would lead to further money and resources.
   “After three years that is all the progress you have made?”  He said barely containing his anger and frustration.  The SLDF wanted a weapon that they could essentially disable an enemy force with instead of having to destroy them.  Something they could use to take prisoners and capture enemy technology.

“It is a complex weapons system.”  She protested unhappy

“That needs more laboratory work.”  Hassid said “Doctor, your people have done well but it is time for a break.  We’re closing you down.  Your team are to report to the Beijing Research facility and begin work again in the lab.  There you’ll brief a new team who will assist you in bringing the research forwards.”  She knew what that meant she’d be teaching her replacements if she wasn’t careful.

“We are so close” she said wistfully.

“You have come far” Hassid said “now with the right resources and minds you can make this technology work for the Star League Defence Force.  You’ll return here with a sounder weapon design and prove this technology will be useful to us.”  He promised her giving her the hope she needed to take the research to the next level.

Camp Holt, Holt's Hilltopper’s HQ
Portland, Fronc Reaches
Periphery
31st March 3113

Standing arranged in the courtyard of Camp Holt stood the Combined-arms Mercenary Regiment known Holt’s Hilltoppers.  Originally formed by former Free Worlds League warriors the unit now comprised from across the Inner Sphere and the Clans with a growing population of locals from the Fronc Reaches joining their ranks.  The unit had long been classed as one of the Fronc Reaches primary mercenary commands and had been given priority treatment on several occasions after it had supported, and in many cases, won battles for the native “Marshal” forces.

Over the years the Hilltoppers had helped the Fronc Reaches create their own Battle Armour suit which was known as the TinStar which was being built here on Portland and at a small factory on the world of Independence.  With TinStar production the Fronc Reaches could be completely independent of all other nations for Battle Armour suits its addition had made a massive impact already and the Hilltopper’s had benefited greatly.

“Standing before you I am the proudest man.  From our humble beginnings to our greatest battles against the Ghost Bears, the Draconis Combine and Federated Suns this unit has stuck fast and preformed admirably.  We have helped the Fronc Reaches find its feet and now we are beginning to see it and its worlds proper.”  He said turning to the three people beside him Chief George Holt, leader of the Hilltoppers was dressed in the traditional garb of his homeworlds tribal factions which was similar to that of Native Americans from ancient Terra.  He bowed deeply to them in turn President Carver Trondel, leader of the Fronc Reaches, Governor Katie Francis, the leader of this world, and Governor Andrew Stanton MacFarlane, the leader of the world Independence.  “You have accepted us into your nation as guns for hire” he said drawing a traditional throwing ax known as a tomahawk it was made of wood and sharpened metal “we the Hilltoppers accept you as our home.”  He said throwing the tomahawk into the air allowing it to fall to the ground embedding itself in the ground “mercenaries no more.”  He announced from behind him the entire unit repeated his last two worlds “no more” again emphasising his point.  The unit’s place was now here with the Fronc Reaches forever.
The below link leads to a wiki page created by Wrangler.  It has links to the various pages of my AU.
https://battletechfanon.fandom.com/wiki/Alternate_Timeline_with_Thanks
For those looking for everything online I've also got them on the OurBattleTech website
https://www.ourbattletech.com/forum/index.php?board=76.0
As always please enjoy and if you have any questions about my AU (or want to chat about ideas I could incorporate into it) feel free to PM me.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1174 on: 02 August 2019, 07:16:16 »
Then...bunch hilltoppers spilt from Fronc and become their own merc unit the Downhill Riders. ;D
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1175 on: 04 September 2019, 04:53:10 »
Another longer than I'd have liked delay on the writing but here goes the next bit

Burn-in, SLDS Harman Dae-Jung
Long Baseline Facility 3, Lebouef
Military District of Dieron, Draconis Combine
11th April 3113

The Castrum-class DropShip SLDS Harman Dae-Jung moved rapidly towards the frozen Kuiper Belt object known as Lebouef, or as Long Baseline Facility 3, which according to Star League-era records was a deep space observatory and intelligence gathering facility and according to records had been abandoned years before.

Deep inside the vessel Major Davina Patch rested in her Nighthawk Mk. XXX Power Armour waiting for the green light.  This facility should have been unmanned after all this time but they’d soon find out.  The DropShip moved over the frozen rock approaching the “abandoned” facility “Bridge to Major Patch.”

“Go ahead, Captain Villecourt” She responded

“Major, we’re detecting power signatures from the facility below.  Someone left the fusion reactors running or there’s people down there.”  He said briefing her.

“Received Major, we’re ready” she said

“Very good, standby for drop” he said the ship moved over the base below with the cargo bay doors opening to allow them to drop.  Immediately the battle suited marines dropped from the belly of the Castrum-class DropShip which hovered above LBF-3 the facility had no weapons but the DropShip’s guns were trained on the facility anyway.

From the belly of the DropShip Major Patch and forty-seven other troopers fell towards the facility below.  As planned the battle armoured troopers dropped all across the facility burning through air locks entering the facility.  “Patch to all teams, secure air locks behind you we don’t want to vent the atmosphere unless we have to.”  She said as she entered the facility already marines had begun to use portable HarJel packs purchased from Clan Sea Fox to seal the breach behind them while another marine worked on the hatch in front of them this time hacking the internal airlock to allow them to enter.

Within minutes the doors opened and the Nighthawks were able to enter their weapons at the ready.  Once inside the marines fanned out and Patch followed her Mauser Pulse Rifle raised inside there were several battle armoured marines pointing their weapons at members of crew dressed in ComStar uniforms each of them with their hands up.  “I am Major Davina Patch, Star League Defence Force, identify yourselves.”  Her Nighthawk’s speakers amplifying her voice so all could hear.

“I am Station Manager Margaret Thompson, welcome to ComStar Facility Lebouef, we were not expecting you.”
    “I assumed not” Patch responded “ComStar is long gone the organisation disbanded.  The ComGuard and ROM remenants have been folded into the Star League Defence Force.”  She said keeping her weapons on the ComStar personnel elsewhere the same was being played out.  “I need you to ensure that all of your people show no resistance.”  Patch ordered Thompson reached for her belt and was watched by the Star League Marines as she drew a small radio.

“This is Thompson, all staff the personnel boarding the station and from the DropShip above are from the Star League Defence Force do not resist.”  She said nodding to Patch.

“Thank you, how much personnel do you have on board.”

“We have twenty former ComStar personnel and six children under ten years.”  Thompson replied “we have been out of contact with ComStar for some time.”  She said as an explanation for the increased personnel, children wouldn’t normally be assigned to such a base.  “We have room for hundreds in this facility and plenty hydroponic gardens.”

“Understood, as of this moment this facility is under SLDF control, we will not harm anyone unless they intend on hurting us.  In time if any of your personnel wish to communicate with those outside this base or to leave the SLDF will accommodate you”

“Thank you Major, I appreciate that, we will not resist your occupation.”

“Major Patch to Harman Dae-Jung, objective is secured.”  She said within a couple of hours the DropShip was able to dock at the facility and for SLDF teams to search the facility they did indeed find the facility was capable of supporting hundreds of personnel but that ComStar had not used the extended facilities for people instead they had converted much of the quarters over to hydroponics and storage which was what had allowed the small crew to live so long without support.

WarShip Foxhound (Drake-class Corvette)
Morghui, Deep Periphery
14th April 3113

After nearly a year of searching the Nova Cat WarShip Foxhound, a Drake-class Corvette, find the moon Morghui home of the pirates who attacked their people on Bandon.  In orbit the Foxhound captures the pirate’s JumpShip and DropShip while the Sixty-eighth Nova Cat Roar Cluster dropped down to the planet and systematically hunted down the nearly battalion strength pirate force.  On the surface they found hundreds of civilians who had been held essentially as slaves to the raiders.  With Morghui able to only support a minimal population the Nova Cat’s choose to instead evacuate the population and bring them back to the Nova Cat’s Den.

Trial of Refusal, Taurian Concordat Camp
Gant, Expansion Zone
Nova Cat’s Den
17th April 3113

For the last week a truce had existed between Taurian, Star League and Nova Cat forces on the formerly Taurian Concordat world of Gant which was now occupied by Clan Nova Cat.  Entering the command tent of the Taurian Concordat Protector Erik Martens-Calderon and his nineteen-year-old daughter Nicoletta Calderon moved towards the command table in the middle of the room.  Standing at the table already were several SLDF and Taurian officers including Commanding-General Victor Focht who had his left arm in a sling and bandages covering much of his neck and torso following battle with the Nova Cats.

“Negotiations are at an end.”  Erik said looking around the table “the Nova Cats have agreed to a Trial of Refusal to end the conflict that has raged between us.  They have agreed to limit the scope of this Trial to be between a Battalion of our forces and a Nova Cat Cluster.”  He said looking around the table “as you are injured Commanding-General Focht, I will command the Trial.  I would welcome your forces support, but should you wish, you may withdraw Star League participation in the trial.”

“I trust your command Protector, Colonel Michelle Tegan my aide will command any SLDF element involved in the trial under your command.”  Focht said beside him a female officer in her 40s nodded her agreement to the Protector.

“Very good thank you, Colonel, I appreciate the support.”  He said “together we’ll stand up to the Nova Cats and end this war once and for all.”

---

Two days later Protector Erik Martens-Calderon lined up on the battle line suited up in his Bruce Battle Armour suit with members of his Taurian Concordat Military and members of the SLDF.  The Taurian forces were painted in the colours of the Taurian Guard primarily brown with red secondary colours and tan highlights while the SLDF units were painted in the green and two-tone blues of the Star League.  Against them were the forces of Clan Nova Cat’s Delta Galaxy led by Khan Canin Rosse himself.  The Delta Galaxy Mechs, ProtoMechs, Battle Armour and vehicles were painted in a white blue and multiple shades of green pattern with white and blue making up the majority of the upper hull of Mechs and the greens covered the legs.

“I am Khan Canin Rosse of the Nova Cat Clan; I lead my Clan by example and will command them in this Trial of Refusal.  I bring the Watch Cluster to this battle.”  The leader of the Nova Cats said from his Dragon Cat OmniMech.  The Khan’s Mech had strode across the battlefield for decades and was well known by all of the Nova Cat’s opponents.  Sleek and agile the seventy-ton OmniMech was deadly to units of all sizes.

“I am Protector Erik Martens-Calderon leader of the Taurian Concordat.  I will lead the Taurian Guards in this battle.”

“Protector, I am glad to hear you are brave enough to face us” Rosse taunted the Taurian leader.  “It is a shame Victor Focht is not here I would have liked to battle him again.”  He said reminding Erik of the injuries the Nova Cats had caused to the Commanding General.  “Protector, regardless of the result today the Nova Cats will accept your truce.  You have met us in honourable combat, this is not something we will forget.  My people will honour your actions even if I fall.”

“I understand Khan Rosse, fight well”

“Seyla” Rosse responded, there was a few moments of silence and then all hell broke loose as weapons fire began to be exchanged by both sides with a massive melee quickly developing.

The Protector’s Bruce Assault Armour weighed two thousand kilograms in total and was one of the slowest units in the Taurian forces.  Initially Erik tried to track the Nova Cat Khan but he quickly lost sight of the faster moving Clan OmniMech.  Moving forwards, he and his squad concentrated on assisting other units damage Nova Cat units with their support particle cannons together the four suits of his squad and the other eight members of their platoon could cause a massive amount of damage to an unsuspecting opponent.

As they moved forwards, they came across a Nova Cat SM1 Tank Destroyer opening fire on the rapidly moving hovercraft causing heavy damage to its right side damaging the propulsion skirt keeping its main autocannon off line from them.  The hovercraft’s machine guns engaged them but they were nowhere near enough to stop the closing twelve Battle Armour Suits.  Using their jump jets the Bruce suits quickly surrounded and bombarded the tank with fire destroying the tank and its crew.  As they fought hover the Taurians had missed a point of five rapidly moving Nova Cat Trojan ProtoMechs.  The scout unit of many Nova Cat forces the Trojan weight three times as much as any of the Bruce units but were designed for speed and agility and were only lightly armed with each carrying a single Anti-personnel Gauss Rifle.

Together all five of the Trojans could be deadly if they concentrated fire on individual units but that was where the Bruce had another advantage its mimetic armour would help foul the Nova Cats targeting.  While the ProtoMechs were causing damage to the Bruce suits together the twelve Taurian Battle Armour troopers systematically brought down all five of the enemy units.

Erik smiled in his sealed Battle Armour suit they had successfully destroyed two units already and not taken a single casualty perhaps they had more of a chance than he had initially thought.  He looked at the battle feed from his command vehicles and saw that the Nova Cats were causing heavy casualties to their forces but so far, their lines were holding.  “Next target that pair of Shodens, we stop them bombarding our forces.”  He commanded seeing another pair of wheeled missile tanks.  The twelve Bruce suits leapt into the air approaching the vehicles which suddenly turned their attention on Erik’s unit switching their Advanced Tactical Missile launchers over to high explosive missiles several of the Bruce suits were hit and knocked out of the sky in the first missile volley.  “This is Bull, we need support with a pair of missile tanks, fire for effect at my location!”  Eric called out leaning into the ground for cover along with the rest of his troopers’ moments later Taurian artillery began landing in the area instead of standing up to fight the two Nova Cat tanks continued to fire as they moved away keeping the Battle Armour from taking advantage of the artillery support.  “Cease fire!”  Erik called out over the radio seeing the armour retreat into the smoke that was sweeping over the battlefield as he stood back up and began checking on his surviving men there was movement on his HUD display turning to face them his position was bombarded by short range missiles and for a moment he thought the Shodens had returned but then he saw his worst nightmare as an entire star of Nova Cat Elemental Battle Armoured troopers appeared charging out of the smoke.

With the Bruce suits outnumbered two-to-one and several of the troopers already injured Erik knew things looked grim but he wasn’t ready to give up on the battle.  He and the other Taurian troopers fired their particle cannons and their suit’s inbuilt anti-personnel weapons as quickly as they would cycle intent on taking as many Elementals with them as they could but there were too many.  Erik felt his suit be slammed from the side as a Nova Cat warrior fired a missile into his suit from less than ten metres away the blast knocked his suit through the air into a nearby collapsed wall as he rose he saw the burned Elemental continue to charge at him he raised his particle cannon and blasted the trooper in the face killing him but immediately another appeared.  Not thinking Erik opened fire with his anti-personnel weapons intent on distracting the Elemental as he got his suit back onto its feet and the particle cannon cooled.  The Elemental didn’t care about the antipersonnel weapons fire instead stepped forwards and sliced into the Bruce suit with its power claw Erik felt armour rip open but didn’t feel pain instead he swung back at the Elemental with his suit’s right arm heavy battle claw.  Slamming down on the Elemental’s own claw the force of the impact amputated the Clan suit’s arm ripping the claw away from the suit.  The Clansman staggered backwards then turned to face Erik and raised its other arm how the warrior was still fighting was beyond Erik he would have been unconscious or worse having sustained the injury the warrior must have taken by his attack but his momentary surprise was replaced with horror as he saw the Elemental’s arm mounted flamer spark to life.  Refusing to face the weapon Erik launched his suit into the air on its jump jets but he wasn’t quick enough the fire burned through the holes in his armour and reached Erik’s skin.  As the Bruce flew into the air Erik Martens-Calderon screamed as the flames reached the scraps of clothing, he wore inside the suit both his shorts and vest were flame resistant but the heat was still enough to burn through them and reach his chest burning into his skin.  The Protector lost his concentration for a moment accidently cutting the jump jets as he felt the pain of the attack and the suit fell from the sky slamming into the ground in front of another pair of Elementals together they turned their flamers on him.  Erik was already burning inside the suit and now knew this was how he came to an end.  He closed his eyes and thought of his daughter and the shattered realm she was inheriting as the flames consumed him taking his life.

Taurian Launch Site
Gant, Expansion Zone
Nova Cat’s Den
22nd April 3113

Under a flag of truce and newly agreed peace deal Khan Canin Rosse flanked by Elemental warriors approached newly crowned Protector Nicoletta Calderon, the newest leader of the Taurian Concordat.  After her father had fallen in battle the Taurians had fought for more than three hours against the Nova Cats causing heavy damage to the Clan forces including crippling the Nova Cat Khan’s Mech, although it had not enough to make him eject, it had been enough to show the Nova Cats that the Taurian Concordat and SLDF would stand up to them and make them pay for every inch of territory they took.

Stopping in front of Nicoletta Khan Rosse bowed slightly to her “Respect to the fallen.” He said

“Respect to the fallen” she repeated copying his gesture of bowing.

“Our forces will also respect the result of the battle and the words I exchanged with your father before the battle.  Peace will last between us.”

“Until the next time.”  Nicoletta said causing the Khan to smile.  “Khan Rosse, a question for you if I may?”

“Aff” the old Khan replied slightly surprised by the question.

“Do you know what happened to your daughter Sonja Rosse?”

“She was a partner to your father for some time but she passed away many years ago.”  He said he knew she’d died in childbirth but had no idea what had happened to the child.

“It was birth of my father’s first legitimate child, his heir, my mother fought with every breath she had to ensure that I lived even if it cost her life” she said seeing the realisation cross Khan Canin Rosse’s face.   “I carry her name with me, I am Nicoletta Sonja Rosse, Khan Rosse I am your paternal granddaughter, your daughter saved my father’s life and became the one thing he loved more than anything else including his realm.  She changed his life forever, she brought greater joy to his life and brought life to me at the cost of her own understand while we share blood my loyalties are entirely to the Taurian people and my father’s legacy.  I will defend the Taurian Concordat with the tenacity and dedication of both of my parents.”  She said making him aware of exactly who she was.

“My daughter chose her own path.”  Canin replied a moment later “as all Clan warriors do.  I am glad that her legacy lives on.”

“As am I” she said reaching into her jacket there was no movement from Rosse or from either of the two Elemental warriors but she was sure they were ready for anything.  Instead of drawing a weapon and bringing her life to the end that would surely follow she drew out a piece of uniform with an old crest on it showing a Clan Nova Cat emblem with a bull standing in front of it staring at the big cat’s face.  “Khan Rosse, this was my mothers it was made for her at my father’s insistence and she wore it on her BattleMech.  I understand that there is a nova cat tradition of collecting items from conflicts and from important events?”

“Vineers” Rosse confirmed

“Then I turn this Vineer over to you to bring an end to this conflict and to honour my mother’s life.”  She said holding it out to Canin Rosse who took the piece of material.

“Until the next time” Rosse said soon after the Taurians abandoned the world heading back to their own space leaving the Nova Cats in control of the system and finally ending their conflict.

Captain-General Election
Parliament, Atreus
District of Marik, Free Worlds League
28th April 3113

After four years Abraham Ledford was ready to stand down as the Captain-General of the Free Worlds League he had promoted improvements to peoples lives across the nation while trying to ensure more cooperation with their neighbours and less conflict.  Now another leader would take his place but first there was a change to the seating arrangements that none of them had been entirely ready for.  As part of the District of Lesnovo’s delegation sat their new leader Khan Petra Furey the leader of the district and leader of their military arm which was now confirmed to be made up of descendants of Clan Smoke Jaguar.  Already Lester Cameron-Jones had called for the expulsion of Lesnovo as long as they accepted the Jaguars in military and political positions but that had been rejected by the majority of parliament and so they would have their place.

Now the leader of the District of Oriente and strong candidate for the position of Captain-General Duke Jonas Halas was speaking.  “At present Las Halles economy is in a state of planetary recession following the withdrawal of military forces belonging to the Free Worlds League, the Star League Protectorate and the Federated Suns.  The District of Oriente are supporting Las Halles but further support is required.”

“Money will not solve the problems of that world.”  Photon Brett-Marik said looking at the first-born son of the man the nation had once known as Thomas Marik and now knew to be an agent of ComStar placed under deep cover and a man that had served the Word of Blake.

“No, the world needs greater industry investment and immigration.”

“A border world is too great a prize for great investment your enemies will see it as a target.”  Khan Petra Furey said speaking up for the first time.  “Already the Capellan Confederation has stuck this world recently, you will only stop the continuing this practice by striking them back and striking them back hard.”

“We do not need to start a war to improve a world’s position” Abraham Ledford responded looking at the leader of the District of Lesnovo she spoke in direct opposition to what he had promoted while being leader of the Free Worlds League.  “If the Capellans wish to attack the world make it a fortress create a training ground there for your people and build the industry around it to support it.”  He suggested “even if they do decide not to attack you then at least you will have training facilities.”

---

Debates were passed back and forth between them for days until finally a vote was taken against what was expected Jonas Halas was defeated in the final vote with Duke Robert Brett-Marik of the District of Gibraltar becoming the new Captain-General of the Free Worlds League.  As his first act and building on an idea of the outgoing Captain-General the new leader of the Free Worlds League agreed to spend state funds and funds from his own District of Gibraltar to support the creation of a national training centre on Las Halles and the support economy for the increased population the world would experience as the location for this new base.
The below link leads to a wiki page created by Wrangler.  It has links to the various pages of my AU.
For those looking for everything online I've also got them on the OurBattleTech website
As always please enjoy and if you have any questions about my AU (or want to chat about ideas I could incorporate into it) feel free to PM me.

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #1176 on: 04 September 2019, 05:32:14 »
Good update DC.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1177 on: 04 September 2019, 05:39:10 »
Damn good update, a horrific end for the TC's leader, cooked in his Battle armour, but excellent writing as always, I wonder what was on that research station too!
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #1178 on: 04 September 2019, 05:52:54 »
DC you have done it again.
Good update.
Burning inside your BA not a fun way to go. :thumbsup:
I wish I could get a good grip on reality, then I would choke it.
Growing old is inevitable,
Growing up is optional.
Watching TrueToaster create evil genius, priceless...everything else is just sub-par.

Sharpnel

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • The older I get, the better I was.
« Reply #1179 on: 04 September 2019, 07:37:00 »
I'm still waiting for the Nova Cats get hurt and backslide a bit. It's the worst thing about fanfics as the chosen faction of the writer rarely suffers major set backs and is consistently victorious. And in 3113 a Battalion versus a Cluster is not even close to a fair Trial, especially against a Periphery power. On paper, the Nova Cats outnumbered the inferior primarily Taurian force and to me that is just not kosher.
Consigliere Trygg Bender, ZEU-6BL Zeus, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, VND-1R Vindicator 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company
Tai-i Shizuko Lofgren, Third Infantry Company, Oniwaka

The Honor of Men cannot be bound by the words of Fools - Marco Hietala
"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
It's an Omni, so I can build it into whatever I please - JHB
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1180 on: 04 September 2019, 08:14:10 »
That was really good update, DragonCat.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1181 on: 04 September 2019, 12:46:18 »
I'm still waiting for the Nova Cats get hurt and backslide a bit. It's the worst thing about fanfics as the chosen faction of the writer rarely suffers major set backs and is consistently victorious. And in 3113 a Battalion versus a Cluster is not even close to a fair Trial, especially against a Periphery power. On paper, the Nova Cats outnumbered the inferior primarily Taurian force and to me that is just not kosher.

The battle was more symbolic but combining the SLDF and Taurians I counted 60 units while the Nova Cats had 5 binaries so 50 I should have been clearer numbers wise still heaped on Clan side though

I'd agree the Cats have had it easy but there's a couple of conflicts coming that will change that I'll say that

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1182 on: 17 October 2019, 07:24:47 »
Disused Land-Air-Mech factory
Zanzibar, Tamarind
Wolf Empire
8th May 3113

Escorted by the York-class WarShip Crusader the Seventh Ebon Watch Cluster had travelled from Tukayyid to Tamarind under orders from Loremaster of the Clans Iwabuchi Nagasawa to engage in a Trial of Possession for a disused Land-Air-Mech factory outside the city of Zanzibar.

The factory had laid disused since the Wolves had taken control over Tamarind with the Wolves taking little to no interest in the factory and certainly had no interest in LAM technology which had been avoided by the Clans since their inception.  Now that the Watch Cluster were interested the Wolves could not completely avoid the attack instead the Wolfkin Keshik oppose the Ebon Watch unit.  In a short Trial of Possession, the Ebon Cluster defeat the Wolfkin Keshik taking possession of the facility and the site it was built on.

New Avalon News Network
Avalon City, New Avalon
Crucis March, Federated Suns
18th May 3113

His face was a face known all over New Avalon Michael Thomas was a news anchor that people could trust to bring them good news and news that could be trusted.  He was known for his well-cut business suits and a deep voice which could be trusted which was why tonight he felt strange tonight the news he brought to New Avalon was both concerning and possibly not good.  Sitting at the desk he looked into the tri-vid camera “Good evening ladies and gentlemen and welcome to the New Avalon News Network.  Tonight’s lead story is concerning the Royal family more particularly Prince Luther Davion.”  He said beside him a graphic showed the Prince’s most recent picture which showed the eighteen-year-old dressed in a business suit beside his mother and father who both wore their AFFS Uniforms.  “In recent months there has been speculation that it would be announced that Prince Luther would be joining the NAIS or Albion training academies here on New Avalon.”  Thomas said looking at the camera as the graphic beside him changed to show the two emblems of New Avalon’s premier military academies.  “However today it was announced that Prince Luther Davion would be joining the prestigious Sandhurst Military Academy on Terra in the Star League Protectorate.”  He said pausing for effect “Sandhurst is a Military Academy with great history but what this reporter and what the people of the Federated Suns will as is why the Heir to the Throne of New Avalon refuses to study at home.”  He asked Thomas face was almost pained looking at the Tri-vid camera “more on this story will follow over the next few days as the Prince prepares to leave New Avalon.”  He said over the next few days the same story was reported hundreds of times across the nation as people continued to question what was going on with Prince Luther and the decision he had made.

Capitol Building
Ferris, Ferris Collective
Periphery
24th May 3113

On the periphery world of Ferris the leader of the world Dame Danielle Bradbery stood in front of the Tri-Vid camera and announced the formation of the Ferris Collective with Ferris allying itself with Cadez, Manaringaine, Wyseria, Sutrah and Elissa.  She announces that already the young nation which has been formed in the shadow of the Clan Occupation Zone has made peace with the New Oberon Confederation and the people of The Rock and will endeavour to avoid conflict with the nearby Rasalhague Dominion and Draconis Combine.

Government Building
Lesnovo, District of Lesnovo
Free Worlds League
27th May 3113

“Marker 13, this is Sword One, target entered building” the young woman in a white shirt and denim shorts said as she sat drinking coffee across from the government building on Lesnovo.

“Understood, remain on overwatch” came the response and the woman made another coffee order.

Inside the building Khan Petra Furey made her way up through the building to her office her two Elemental guards remaining in guard positions as she entered her office, if there were a threat inside, she could handle them herself, inside she found her greatest threat paperwork.  Agreeing to become leader of the District of Lesnovo benefitted her people and allowed her to funnel resources to the Smoke Jaguars but the only way she would continue to serve in this capacity was if she did the job correctly.  Moving over to the desk she sat down only to finally see the figure in the corner as it moved disturbing the mimetic suit, they were wearing which made them almost completely invisible.  Furey reached for her sidearm but the person raised their hands showing they were unarmed making her stop.

“If you wished a meeting then you should have made it normally” Furey snapped

“Not our way, Khan Furey”

“Not my way either, and you are?”

“A friend or an enemy it depends how you see us” the figure said as they shed their mimetic suit Furey could see they wore a fully enclosed body suit which covered their body from head to toe.  “We share heritage, Khan Furey, we just cannot decide if you are a friend or a foe.”

“I share heritage with those on the Twin Sons on other” she replied when the figure put a Smoke Jaguar insignia onto the table.  “Where did you get this?”

“From those that came before me”

“And what does this mean to me?”

“It means we are watching Khan Furey; we remember the past, we remember where we came from and we remember what we were.  Do not become the Smoke Jaguars of the past.”  He warned

“Who says we plan to be?”

“The warning still stands” the figure said “if you do then your reckoning will be me and my people.  But if you exceed our expectations be prepared to reap the rewards of our friendship.” He said turning towards the door heading out, as he left the two Elementals began to react to the figure’s presence but in a whirlwind of movement the figure knocked both of the guards down despite weighing half as much as one of them the figure looked back at the Khan then turned and moved quicker than Furey had expected.

Behind Khan Petra Furey watched as the figure ran across the upper level and out the other side jumping off a balcony on the other side of building Khan Furey chased across the level past her fallen guards looking for the figure but they were gone.  The Khan stood on the balcony looking for any sign of the person who had threatened her, she did not know who they were but she knew that her Clan had yet another potential threat or a potential source of assistance.

Shadow_Wraith

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1183 on: 17 October 2019, 11:42:33 »
Nice update!   LAMS for the clans?
« Last Edit: 17 October 2019, 12:32:57 by Shadow_Wraith »

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1184 on: 17 October 2019, 11:43:27 »
Dragoncat rides again! I wonder who Fuery's visitor was? Fidelis perhaps? Great update as always!

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #1185 on: 17 October 2019, 15:20:36 »
Hope my Whispers are still lurking around...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1186 on: 07 November 2019, 12:37:29 »
Forty-third Star League Games – Final Game
Star League Stadium, Solaris City
Solaris VII, Star League Protectorate
3rd June 3113

Already it had been a challenging week with various competitors competing and winning trophys in the Stadiums of Solaris but now it was time for the Final Game.  In an effort to keep the Star League Games from stagnating the Forty-third Star League Games had introduced new “Enviromental” challenges in the Star League Stadium.

Around the stadium autocannon and missile turrets had been added to target anyone who entered the range of the cannons.  Each competitor was allowed to target the turrets but they had to choose between targeting the cannons and targeting opponents.

As the battle progressed the remaining combatants had figured out how to avoid the turrets fire or had taken out the more troublesome turrets so they could fight without distraction, however, the organisers had one last surprise for the competitors.  With less than a dozen cometitors left out of the twenty had had begun the final battle three Bishop Transport VTOLs flew low over the stadium so the crowd could see them.  Each was outfitted with a Battle Armour carry pod which immediately began to fire smoke rounds down onto the battlefield following these were thirty Gorilla Battle Armoured suits from the game world of Niosel each armed with a pair of battle claws and a support machine gun.  Dropping onto the battle field these troopers spread out firing at BattleMechs moving through towards exits they were not designed to remain on the battlefield for long the suits wouldn’t last against BattleMech class weapons for long and the troopers were not getting paid enough to stay in the firing line.

As they moved across the battlefield four jumped up onto one of the competitors swarming a Wasp IIC BattleMech within a minute they disabled the BattleMech forcing the pilot to eject before they jumped off and then headed towards one of the custom fitted Battle Armour exits which were placed around the stadium.  All told the troopers had done minimal damage to the majority of the competitors and had only actually taken two of the BattleMechs done but their imclusion had added yet another hazard for the competitors to be wary of in the future.

After another thirty gruelling minutes Marcus November piloting a KGC-009-variant of the King Crab BattleMech was victorious claiming victory and the Star League Games Champions trophy along with a cash sum of 10 million C-Bills.

Throne Room, Palace of Dieron
San Martin, Dieron
District of Dieron
17th June 3113

Entering the Throne Room of the Palace of Dieron Coordinator Akira Kurita walked towards the Throne of Dieron with his sister Empress Emiko Kurita and her husband Warlord Akira Tormark.  As he approached the two Emiko rose to stand beside Akira.  Dressed in the uniform of a Warlord of the Draconis Combine Akira Kurita stopped short of the throne and bowed deeply to them both as tradition demanded both Emiko and Akira Tormark returned the bow.  “Welcome to Dieron, Coordinator” Emiko greeted him in Japanese.

“Thank you, sister, you have done well.”  He said glancing around the room “and you look good together” he said bowing slightly to Tormark who returned the bow once more but remained silent.  “It is good to see that someone maintains our traditions and still believes in what the Draconis Combine should be.”

“I am of course ready to turn over District command… to you, Coordinator.”  She said hesitating slightly he was the elder sibling he had a right to lead more than she did even if she had built what they had on Dieron with Akira Tormark while her brother languished in confinement on New Samarkand.

“No, sister, this is yours” he said looking around the room again “I had my chance to lead and it did not go well.  If Dieron is attacked I will help you defend it, I will happily represent Dieron in any form that is required, but I will do so are your pleasure Empress.  This is yours be proud of it.”  He said to her he was proud of what he had seen and experienced since arriving in the District the people were principled and disciplined he had been treated with respect but he had been struck by how highly people rated Emiko and Akira Tormark they people genuinely looked up to their leadership.

“If you are sure, Coordinator?”  Emiko asked allowing him the chance to rethink, consider and change his mind but already Akira Kurita was turning to walk out of the throne room his decision was made.  As he exited the room Emi looked at Tormark who had remained silent the entire time.  “Not how I expected that to go” she said finally after a moments silence.

“He is a defeated man, losing the throne and the loss of his wife have finally taken their toll on him.  Perhaps in time he will be the man the Combine remembers but for now it is up to us.”

Pirate Jump Point, MS Loyalty (Thera-class Carrier)
Tamarind System, Wolf Empire
22nd June 3113

In the empty space beside Tamarind four flashes of light occurred and four massive WarShips appeared in the system each carrying the crests of the District of Marik and the Free Worlds League.  Almost immediately aerospace fighters and DropShips began to launch from the WarShips however everything wasn’t going to go the Free Worlds League’s way as heavy naval particle cannons, naval lasers and naval missiles slammed into the WarShips from above as the Clan Wolf defenders of the system swung into action.  Defending the system were the McKenna-class Battleship Werewolf and two Lola IV-class Destroyers the Grey Wolf and Red Wolf.  The Lola IV-class vessels were smaller than the McKenna but they were built for the modern battlefield with layers of point defence weapons and small craft to protect them as the FWL aerospace fighters and DropShips rose from their carrier craft the Wolf fighters and DropShips dove to engage them.

As the craft fought the WarShips engaged with their own weapons the Grey Wolf and Red Wolf dived ahead of the McKenna behind screening the larger craft with their bulk and their defences.  Naval lasers, particle cannons and autocannons tore out from the two craft ripping into the MS Phillip of Macedonia tearing the Eagle 2-class Frigate to pieces with parts flying in opposite directions.  The remaining three FWL WarShips continued to fire tearing into the two Wolf destroyers fire flew from the port side of the Grey Wolf as its armour was pitted and penetrated.  The even as the Free Worlds League aerospace fighters engaged each other and struck at either side’s capital ships and DropShips the WarShips continued to engage in combat.  With their armour damaged the two Lola IV-class vessels began pivoting to avoid additional fire.  As they did the Werewolf engaged with its own particle cannons tearing the second Eagle 2 in half with concentrated fire.

Now passing the MS Loyalty and the FWL’s fourth WarShip the MS Lyne, a Monolisk-class Destroyer, and its eight escorting DropShips.  Travelling backwards the Grey Wolf and Red Wolf took severe damage to their engine section as the FWL units concentrated their fire on the reversing Destroyers.  The Wolf vessels concentrated fire on the Monolisk-class Destroyer as the MS Loyalty turned behind it with two WarShips gone the FWL force intended on escaping from the system while the Werewolf continued to fire on the vessels damaging the Loyalty’s thick armour.  The weapons fire from the two FWL WarShips breached the rear armour of the Grey Wolf and caused a series of explosions through the ship causing it to explode.

With losses on either side and continued fire being exchanged between the two sides WarShips continued to recover their aerospace fighters as the engagement came to a close with neither side being victorious.  The Werewolf and Red Wolf continued long range fire at the two heavily damaged FWL vessels but the engagement was over the FWL’s attempt to recover the once important system was again unsuccessful.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1187 on: 11 November 2019, 11:35:24 »
Trial of Poition, Ways of Seeing Park
New Barcella, Nova Cat’s Den
7th July 3113

Out of an original class of forty candidates the last four members of Clan Nova Cat’s Mystic Caste graduate as MechWarriors in the Clan.  The four candidates who have been trained since they were born for the role of saOathmaster in the Mystic Caste become the first people in Clan Nova Cat to assend to the role.  Most of the Clan do not completely understand how the saOathmasters will fit into the Clan only that the four, Eugene, Ejiofor, Harper and Lana, will answer only to the Oathmaster and the Khan in their duties.

Raid in Force
Mendham, Taurian Concordat
Periphery
18th July 3113

Following rumours that Taurian Concordat and Capellan Confederation troops were massing on the world of Mendham the Federated Suns deploy a Rabid Fox team to Mendham.  Things hadn’t gone entirely to plan; the Rabid Fox hadn’t found any sign of the suspected build up on the planet but they had been discovered by the planetary militia on extraction and were now running for their lives.  After blowing through their first extraction point the eight Rabid Fox members had carried on moving through the day.  “Hellion Four, under fire from Taurian militia.”  One of the troopers radioed out from beyond their position Taurian infantry and vehicles were closing on the area.

“Sword Team Attila to Hellion, we are on our way down to you.”  A voice replied as out of the darkness BattleMechs dropped to the ground beside them and began to lay down cover fire towards the Taurian troops.  From the rear of a Thanatos BattleMech four newly developed Fusilier 2 Battle Armour troopers dropped to the ground while further along more of the same equipped troopers fell from another BattleMech.  The Fusilier 2 was a lighter version of the Fusilier equipped with magnetic clamps for rapid deployment, a Magshot Gauss Rifle and an over the left shoulder machine gun for support fire.  The Fusiliers moved forward and took the places of the Rabid Fox laying down cover fire.  Behind the BattleMech line two Cavalry Cadence Rain VTOLs swooped out of the darkness firing their forward Magshot Gauss Rifles.  Out of each VTOL stepped a pair of Sniper Power Armoured troopers who provided cover fire for the Rabid Fox to extract to the VTOLs and evacuate.

“You guys get all the toys” one of them said entering the long angular VTOL.

“Depends on the day, we’re extracting some VIPs, make yourself comfortable” the loadmaster said allowing the others to get inside.  Behind them the Sniper equipped troopers also got onboard helping before the rear doors closed up within moments the two Cavalry aircraft lifted off the ground and began to make a swift exit.  Before the night was out the elements of Sword Team Attila had completely withdrawn from the planet’s surface.  Days later the Taurians launched an official complaint with the Federated Suns Embassy on New Vandenberg but these fall on deaf ears.

Border Raids
District of Marik, Free Worlds League
25th July 3113

Following the raid on Tamarind a month before Clan Wolf retaliate against the Free Worlds League raiding the worlds of Miaplacidus, Angel II, Bedeque and Marik.  On Angel II and Bedeque the Wolves make it to the ground and bloody elements of the Eighth Marik Guards before pulling back.  At Marik the Wolves are unable to penetrate the aerospace defences of the planet withdrawing before heavy damage is done to either side.  On Miaplacidus the Elite Fifth Wolf Lancers Cluster assault and destroy the Seventh Marik Guards taking control over the planet.  With these attacks the Wolves are in striking distance of Marik and Irian showing that not only the Free Worlds League can strike at critical systems.

Shadow_Wraith

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1188 on: 11 November 2019, 13:25:23 »
 ;D YAY!  Nice update.   Clan Wolf just showed it's still got teeth and claws!

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1189 on: 11 November 2019, 14:12:07 »
Excellent pair of updates! Great writing as always :)

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1190 on: 04 December 2019, 11:38:13 »
Flight Deck, SLS Immortal Spirit (Patriot-class Heavy Cruiser)
Nadir Point, St Loris
Kittery Prefecture, Star League Protectorate
2nd August 3113

In the low gravity of the SLS Immortal Spirit’s flight deck newly arrived Lt Jeremy Kincaid-Cameron headed towards the pilot briefing room.  This was his first WarShip assignment and he was ready to make the most of it.  Near the front of the room stood an officer wearing Captain insignia who turned to look at him Jeremy snapped to attention.  “Lieutenant Jeremy Kincaid-Cameron reporting for duty, sir.”

“Thank you, Lieutenant, I’m Captain William Burr welcome to the Spirit, you all settled in?”  the older man asked turning to face him.

“Yes, sir, my personal items are stored away I’m ready for operations.  I’m qualified on all classes of aerospace fighter…”

“Small craft?”

“Yes, sir, both aerodyne and spheroid models.”

“Very good, suit up, you’re flying the school bus today routine stop and search mission.”

“School bus?”  Jeremy asked confused not recognising the designation he’d expected to be assigned to an aerospace fighter.

“Bay 16, we’ll be checking on a JumpShip that’s due in at 1600.  Be ready for launch.”

“Yes, sir, I’ll be ready.”

---

At 1530 Jeremy Kincaid-Cameron arrived at Bay sixteen to see the ship the crew called the School Bus which was also known as Clan built Pelican Small Craft Jeremy smiled seeing the craft.  “Some school bus” he whispered he thought to himself.  Coming up alongside him stood a short red headed woman wearing Lieutenant bars on her flight suit.
“It’s only an inspection run, but she’s mine” the young woman said “only one on the ship and a specialist for this type of Operation.  You ready to get your hands ready?”

“Yes, mam” he said eagerly

“Very good I’m Lt Hannah Palemoon, Callsign Duchess and no it’s not because I’m royal blood.  I gave someone a ride once I’ll probably never live it down.  You got a Callsign?”

“They called me “Starboy” in the Academy, but nothing from a flight assignment.”

“We’re not calling you that” Palemoon said “we’ll figure something out now get onboard and begin pre-flight the marines will be with us soon.  They are lovely boys and girls even if they’re a bit rough.”  She said as the marines in their full armour began to enter the Small Craft each wore a full set of Cavalier Battle Armour ready for anything as part of the mission.

At the front of the ship Jeremy sat in the co-pilots seat as the troopers behind got themselves ready the Pelican had plenty room for twice the number of troopers than today’s run but they quickly got themselves into their positions and were secure in the hold.  “Checks complete ready for flight”

“Operations has cleared us and hold is secure” Palemoon said “ship’s yours, Lieutenant.”  He said touching the controls but keeping his hands clear of the controls.  Jeremy smiled in control and flicked a switch and the Pelican “fell” out of the bay into open space rotating slowly as it fell relative to the cockpit the SLS Immortal Spirit was “above” them.  “We’re clear of mothership, engines primed and on standby.”  She said as Jeremy continued the rotation rolling the ship one more time away from the Immortal Spirit before triggering the engine acceleration “someone’s got a bit of flare with my baby.”

“Just getting a feel for it.”  He said feeling the acceleration of the small craft.  “We’ve been met by our escorts.”  He said as two Dagger OmniFighters joined the craft taking up a position just above them and ahead.  “Target craft is twenty minutes ahead of us and attempting to accelerate away.”

“That’s a civilian DropShip, they can’t hope to out run us.”

---

Within twenty minutes the they had caught up with the Buccaneer-class Cargo DropShip Jeremy knew the Pelican he was in had weapons but it would be the two Daggers who would do most of the work.  “This is Captain Javier Martinez to Buccaneer-class DropShip Fraser Flyer; you’re called to maintain speed and heading and prepare to be boarded for inspection.”

“We’re just running supplies to Lukrum Industries on St Loris”

“You’re said delivery path is known; we are verifying what you are carrying as is the duty of the AFFS.”  Palemoon said “failure to stop will result in immediate action.”  She threatened

“Understood, we are slowing to allow your inspectors aboard.”  Martinez responded moments later the Buccaneer began to turn in space aiming its thrusters against its direction of travel once it had turned the engines lit up and began to slow the DropShip’s speed.

“Cutting thrust to match theirs” Kincaid-Cameron responded “wow, she’s doing well” he commented as the ship deaccelerated faster than he was expecting the two Dagger’s flew past the DropShip turning around behind the ship.  With both of their pursuers out of position suddenly weapons fire erupted from the DropShip with missiles targeted on the Daggers behind the ship while a trio of autocannons at the front of the ship opened fire on the Small Craft.  “Taking evasive action!”  Jeremy Kincaid-Cameron screamed throwing the ship to the port there were several heavy thumps along the rear of the ship.  “We’ve got hostile tracking radar!”  He called out “first shots were blind fired fighters have avoided most of it, our armour held.”  He said continuing the ships turn as he did more autocannon, laser and missile fire flew out with autocannon fire ripping along the top of the Pelican while missiles peppered the two Daggers.

“Then let’s give them a response” Palemoon said responding “School Bus to Dagger Flight burn them!”  She ordered weapons fire from the two fighters erupted ripping into the rear of the Buccaneer while missiles from the Pelican ripped into the nose of the ship.  More missile and autocannon fire tore into the Pelican’s hull but the Buccaneer had taken more far more damage as the two Daggers continued their attack run moving passed the ship.

“Hull breach!”  Kincaid-Cameron called out “Cargo hold’s taken some damage” he said throwing the ship to the port side turning away from them again “harjel pocket has deployed and sealed the hull.  Marines checked in they’re all ok.”

“Very good Lieutenant, let’s finish the job, School Bus to Dagger Flight they’re not taking the hint.  Turn up the heat.”

“Affirmative School Bus, coming around for another strike.”  He responded as he did the two Daggers took a wide turn towards the Buccaneer as they did, they fired again striking the DropShip’s Cargo bay doors blowing them open to space.  This caused the Buccaneer to turn violently away from them as the ship’s hold decompressed several of the crew and cargo were blown into open space.  Additional missiles from the Pelican tore into the front of the ship followed by another round of weapons fire from the two Daggers.  With the damage done from both the fighters and the Pelican the DropShip’s resistance to their attacks was beginning to wane with several airlocks decompressing from the damage caused.

“Fraser Flyer stand down before what’s left of your crew die” Jeremy Kincaid-Cameron communicated but it was too late the damage had been done to the ship and other sections were already decompressing with parts of the craft blowing away from its hull.  “Stand down, we will offer assistance…” but as he spoke even, he could see the ship was done.

“Target destroyed” Palemoon said confirming it.  “Lieutenant, bring us closer, we’ll deploy the marines to the wreck and search for survivors.”

“They didn’t have a chance” he said glancing over at the DropShip seeing on the sensors that the ship's hull had been breached on almost every deck.

“No they didn’t” she said reaching for the controls believing her young co-pilot was in shock but before she could take the controls Jeremy moved the ship forwards spinning it so their cargo bay was pointed towards the DropShip it slowly opened and marines began to leave heading into the wreck of the Buccaneer.  “Ease up, Lieutenant, you did well.”  Palemoon said taking over the controls Jeremy Kincaid-Cameron slumped back into his seat reflecting about his opinion on Small Craft compared to Aerospace Fighters, this one wasn’t half bad.

Selarico, Outside City Hall
Sutama, Awano Prefecture
District of Philidelphia, Draconis Combine
19th August 3113

On the world of Sultama, under the Dome of Selarico Coordinator Akira Kurita stood beside members of the First Dieron Imperial Guard Regiment after their successful action against the Draconis Combine defenders.  Initially it had turned into a raid but as the population had learned that former Draconis Combine leader Akira Kurita was leading the attack from his Sunder OmniMech the population rallied around the First Dieron Imperial and quickly a raid turned into a battle for liberation.

Now still in his Sunder’s cockpit Akira stood outside the City Hall of Selarico Akira watched as the City’s leaders were led out of the building with guards from the First Dieron Imperial.  “No executions” he said over the OmniMech’s loudspeakers “I want the leaders of this world and the people to understand one thing, I still class them as my people and I still believe we are all members of the Draconis Combine.”  He said making sure everyone understood.  “Today life does not change for the people of Sultama other than you get better defenders.”

Raid in Force
Mount Bruno Range, East of Kivapura
Irian, District of Marik
29th August 3113

Continuing their raids against the Free Worlds League to keep the people on edge and keep their warriors blooded and ready Clan Wolf had raided Irian intent on wresting the important production world from the Inner Sphere nation.  The defenders had held the Wolves in check around all production facilities but had been unable to stop them capturing the city of Kivapura for three weekend they had failed to dig the Wolves out of the City.

While the Seventh District of Marik Regulars continued to try and break them out of their positions further units dropped from above firing as they fell.  Aerospace fighters bombed the Wolves defence lines as the new units fell around them.  Landing his Mad Cat II Enhanced Marshal Richard Steiner, the commander of the First Kathil Uhlans RCT, twisted the torso of his BattleMech and opened fire on the nearest Wolf BattleMech an Ice Ferret destroying the left arm.  Elsewhere further BattleMechs and Battle Armour were landing all around.

Behind Free Worlds League lines, the remaining Uhlans armoured units were moving up to support the Free Worlds League’s lines.  While there was only a fraction of the Uhlans remaining in fighting condition none of them had hesitated when he had commanded them to deploy on Irian to support SLDF and FWL defenders.  Richard Steiner was proud of his people but angry that it had taken the SLDF and the Free Worlds League to get his unit off the Capellan/FWL boarder the Federated Suns had the equipment and assets to support and escort them out of the Free Worlds League but they hadn’t instead they’d left his unit to fend for itself.  Now on Irian they were fighting again this time against a Clan though yet there were none of their brothers from the Federated Suns beside them.

Now under the guns of another three combined-arms regiments the Wolves in this area were on the retreat pulling back towards their DropShips that had landed within the city.  “Do not pursue them into the city, we’re not going to kill civilians chasing raiders.”

“This Colonel Francis Watt to unknown force, please identify yourself.”

“We’re the Kathil Uhlans Colonel Watt” Richard replied “the SLDF asked us to support, we’re only here to help.”

“The Uhlans?” Watt responded “thank you for your assistance, and that of the SLDF.”

“We’re here to help.”

“Thanks' again Commander, if you’re here to help, you’re very welcome to be here.”  The defender said as FWL units moved forwards to help secure the area and tend to the wounded.  From the city the first Clan Wolf DropShip was taking off from the city as the Clan retreated.
« Last Edit: 04 December 2019, 11:40:28 by Dragon Cat »

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1191 on: 04 December 2019, 15:35:21 »
So the SLDF's finally started helping out the FWL, makes sense especially with so strategically important a world. Very good scene with the encouter with Pirates too :) Always good to see the DragonCat Universe riding forth :)

JA Baker

• Lieutenant
  • Dreamer Of Dreams
« Reply #1192 on: 04 December 2019, 15:53:57 »
For a possible call-sign, might I suggest Glamdring  8)
"That's the thing about invading the Capellan Confederation: half a decade later, you want to invade it again"
-Attributed to First-Prince Hanse Davion, 3030

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1193 on: 05 December 2019, 12:08:12 »
Action pack story, Dragoncat!  Nice first day on the job for Jeremy Kincaid-Cameron!

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1194 on: 19 December 2019, 08:54:18 »
Trail of Possession
Lucianca, Jade Falcon Occupation Zone
1st September 3113

Testing one of their newest hovercraft Clan Hell’s Horses challenges Clan Jade Falcon to a trial of possession fielding their new Cartazonon Heavy OmniVehicle weighing in at sixty tons the hovercraft used technologies pioneered by on the Epona.  The Cartazonon came in five distinct models and the Hell’s Hoses planned their battle accordingly using the Prime and alternate A configurations to begin the battle the Hell’s Horses bombarded the Jade Falcons with volley after volley of Advanced Tactical and Long-Range Missiles.  As the Falcons came closer the Horses made the Cartazonon’s speed and close in weaponary of the B, C and D configurations to out maneuver the heavier Jade Falcon units and their Battle Armour forces.

After several hours of fighting the Jade Falcon’s Second Falcon Lancers Cluster evacuate from the world taking with them a salvaged Cartazonon. which despite the disdain the Falcons held for vehicles had intrigued them after its showing on Lucianca.  For the Hell’s Horses the battle had proven that their first new weapon worked in battle.

Christifori Household
Ecol City, Thorin
Thorin PDZ, Star League Protectorate
18th September 3113

It felt strange to be back on Thorin he’d been here for seven months and still Morgan Chirstifori wasn’t entirely adapted to it.  The Ghost Bears had sent him back here to represent their Clan in the Inner Sphere but he didn’t know how he was supposed to do this the SLDF had given him access to the Mechbay that housed his Shirke OmniMech but otherwise had cast him aside on the world instead he’d been left to try and become part of the world again alone.  His mother as leader of the Thorin PDZ travelled among the different worlds as part of her duties she’d asked him if he wished to go with her but he didn’t instead he wanted to find out how he could continue to serve the Rasalhague Dominion in his new position.

There was a knock at the front door on his way Morgan grabbed his personal sidearm, a gauss pistol, before opening it only to see a familiar face.  “Marika” he almost whispered recognizing the intelligence officer he’d known before being captured by the Ghost Bears.

“You didn’t call” she said in response reminding him that they said they’d talk again.

“I was out of call range for a bit” he said smirking seeing that despite the years they had been separated she was still as beautiful as he remembered.  “Please come in” he said stepping to the side revealing his sidearm still in his hand.
“Expecting someone else?”

“There have been some locals who are against my return to Thorin.  They see my presence here as an affront to my parent’s legacy because of my current connections.”  He explained there have been a couple of threats no action yet.

“The SLDF could arrange protection” she said entering the main room of the house “it’s beautiful here your mother keeps a beautiful home.”

“She is not home as often as she would like to be, she lives to serve the Star League much like my father did.”  He said “please take a seat, would you like a drink?”

“No, thank you” she said sitting down “so any plans for what your going to do since your return?”

“I am waiting for the Diplomatic Corps to get back to me, I am officially a representative of the Rasalhague Dominion.”  He explained “the most the SLDF have given me is a place to park my Mech.

“I saw that, an impressive machine.”

“I claimed it from the Jade Falcons in battle” he explained

“Impressive” she said again she smirked it was strange he once felt that the two fo them were destined to be together but now they spoke to each other like they were strangers.

“There is another option you reactivate your Star League commission.”

“Not sure if I can do that, I have to be true to who I have become as well as who I was.”  He said Marika nodded her agreement with him understanding he’d gone through changes while with the bears.

“So until then you’ll mope about here?”

“I am sure I will keep myself busy.”

“You’d better not become a stranger?”

“Not a chance.”

Planetary Vote, Prefect’s Office
Beauborg, Las Hales
District of Oriente, Free Worlds League
24th September 3113

Since the departure of the First Kathil Uhlans, the SLDF units that were with them and the Free Worlds League reinforcements that had helped defend the world Las Halles had been struggling to recover from the lost revenue which the increased population had brought.  As the leader of the world Prefect Freema Smit had tried to bring in further investment into the world but only a few were interested in investing in a border world that had recently suffered from raids of a nearby state.  As a result of the ever-worsening financial state a general election had been called for the world now Freema waited for the result.

There was a knock on the door and Freema rose from her chair as her aide Eleazar Tiberias entered she was more than an aide she’d been her friend for years and the purple dress she’d chosen tonight was specifically to help promote Freema’s position as the preferred FWL candidate in tonight’s election.  “Ella” the Prefect said but then she saw the young woman’s face “we did all we could, thank you, thank all of the team and tell them I will be out in a minute.”  She said her words brought tears to her friend’s face but she nodded and she left.  Freema took another look around her office and cursed the day that the Uhlans came to this world, she also silently thanked their arrival, it was time for a change in her life.

Shadow_Wraith

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1195 on: 19 December 2019, 22:39:20 »
Yay an update!

Sharpnel

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • The older I get, the better I was.
« Reply #1196 on: 20 December 2019, 06:27:39 »
sixty ton hover tank? I thought they topped at fifty tons. Must be using advanced/experimental rules, which seems to be the norm post-Jihad.
Consigliere Trygg Bender, ZEU-6BL Zeus, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, VND-1R Vindicator 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company
Tai-i Shizuko Lofgren, Third Infantry Company, Oniwaka

The Honor of Men cannot be bound by the words of Fools - Marco Hietala
"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
It's an Omni, so I can build it into whatever I please - JHB
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1197 on: 20 December 2019, 06:55:14 »
Great update and i'd like to know more about this hovertank :D

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1198 on: 20 December 2019, 08:20:52 »
Great update and i'd like to know more about this hovertank :D

You've seen it before on this thread

https://www.ourbattletech.com/forum/index.php?topic=3354.msg42395#msg42395

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1199 on: 20 December 2019, 10:06:57 »
Isn't that classified as a Superheavy Hovercraft?