Register Register

Author Topic: AU Clan History (Post-3062)  (Read 5444 times)

Trinary

• Private
AU Clan History (Post-3062)
« on: 15 August 2015, 16:47:03 »
I've been working on developing an Alternate History, centered mainly on the Clans, that diverges after the Hegira War in 3062, where the Steel Vipers get booted from the Inner Sphere. I have some ideas worked out, but there are other events I'm trying to find the proper place for when they'd happen.

Here's a brief outline:

-The Fire Mandrills, Snow Ravens and Ice Hellions raid the Steel Vipers while the Vipers are battling the Jade Falcons.
-The Steel Vipers return to Clan space and hammers the Mandrills, decimating the Kindraa and Clan leadership.
-The Vipers call to Absorb the Mandrills, but are blocked, instead winning the right to absorb Kindraa Faraday-Tanaga.
-Feuding breaks out between the Paynes and Sainzes that split the Mandrills down the middle. The Grand Council decides the Mandrills lost their right to exist and each of their Kindraa is targeted for Absorption by a different Clan
-The Vipers, trying to rush ahead before the other Absorptions can take place, end up being defeated by the Faraday-Tanaga, who then end up becoming part of the Snow Ravens.
-The Vipers attack Lum in revenge, but Perigard Zalman is killed. Brett Andrews becomes Khan.
-The Steel Vipers attack the Jade Falcons to prove their viability, in the process capturing Etienne, Peri and a host of other Jade Falcon scientists.
-Many ex-Mandrills refuse to join their new Clans and join the Bandit Caste, becoming part of the Society.
-The 2nd Star League is dissolved in 3067. The Star Adders seize the Smoke Jaguar genetic depository and claims the Jaguar and Mongoose legacies. This prompts other Clans to pressure their scientists to improve their breeding programs to match the Adder expansion. This worries the Society, who fear the increased attention will result in their discovery.
-The Goliath Scorpions claim the Eridani Light Horse as bondsmen.
-The presence of ex-Mandrills of the Warden Kindraa Kline in the Ice Hellions increases the factionalization between Homeworld Crusaders and the traditional Crusaders. Asa Taney leads half the Hellion touman on an invasion of the Clan OZs while the Homeworld Crusaders undertake redeployment maneuvers to mask their absence in Clan space.
-The Society masquerades as the departed Hellions (and others) and commit a series of raids across Clan space, sparking feuds and battles between various Clans. This last for several years, c. 3067-3072 and keeps the Clans too busy to invade the Inner Sphere.
-Peri reveals the truth to the Steel Viper leadership, but is ignored. She is recovered by the Falcons who bring her revelations to the Grand Council.
-The Society then moves into open revolt (c. 3072), allied with reborn Clans Burrock, Fire Mandrills, and Russo Howell's remaining Smoke Jaguars. They also seize control of the CSV Perigard Zalman.
-The Goliath Scorpions, egged on by their Eridani bondsmen, engage the Smoke Jaguars. The Blood Spirits and Star Adders are forced into a temporary truce to deal with the renegade Burrocks
-The Ice Hellion invasion of the Wolf OZ is defeated, the Invading Clans sends forces back to deal with the Society Revolt
-The Society Revolt ends with the Battle of Tanis, with the Ghost Bear's own Leviathan warship duels the CSV Zalman, destroying it (c. 3075).
-In the aftermath, the Jade Falcons Absorb the Steel Vipers, who are compromised by their association with Etienne and by Brett Andrews' bottomless stupidity.
-The decimated Ice Hellions are Absorbed by the Diamond Sharks.
-The weakened Goliath Scorpions are Absorbed by the Cloud Cobras.
-The Snow Ravens, whose fleet was demolished by the CSV Zalman, attempted to recruit ex-Society warriors to fill out their Touman, but were found out. The Ghost Bears, seeking to re-establish a stronger presence in the Homeworlds, Absorb the Ravens.
-The Adder-Spirit War breaks out again, lasting until the Adders conquer York and drive the Spirits from Honor. The Spirits fortify themselves on Haven, and are destroyed with the planet in 3083.

There are some other events I plan to have happen, but I'm trying to work out when it'd make the most sense for them to happen. These include:

-The Clans expand into the Deep Periphery, intent on making sure no trace of the Society escaped. Star Adders, with assistance from some of the other Clans, invade the Hanseatic League.
-The Ghost Bears negotiate the incorporation of the remnant of the Free Rasalhague Republic into the Dominion and conquer Jarnvolk.
-The Wolves seek to bypass the Ghost Bears by attacking 'diagonally' through the Jade Falcon OZ and into Lyran space. The Falcons in turn also start expanding towards Terra, while also claiming additional Lyran worlds.
-The Star Adders use the Hanseatic League as a logistics point to stage a successful invasion of the Jade Falcon and Wolf OZs, disrupting their advance to Terra. The Inner Sphere re-stabilizes their front with the Clans at Ganshoren.
-After the Adders leave the Hanseatic League, it is divided between the Hell's Horses and Coyotes.
-The Diamond Sharks conquer the Chainelane Isles and establish a far-flung mercantile network of trade worlds, including: Itabiana in the Nova Cat's Irece Prefecture, Trondheim in the Ghost Bear Dominion, Twycross in the Jade Falcon OZ, Nyserta in the Star Adder OZ, as well as several isolated worlds forming a chain to the Outworlds Alliance (Farstar, Alfirk, Rezak's Hole, Antallos) and the Rim Collection (The Rack and Pain).
-Part of the Nova Cats split after the fall of the Star League in 3067 and established themselves in Nueva Castile, some wanting to rejoin the Clans, with some wanting to abandon the Nova Cat identity in favor of becoming the Stone Lions, while others wanting to maintain their old name.
-At some point after the deaths of Vladimir Ward and Phelan Kell, Clan Wolf and Clan Wolf-in-Exile eventually reunite.

So by 3100: there are only eight Clans left, the four most powerful being the Star Adders, Wolves, Jade Falcons and Ghost Bears, who all have an Occupation Zone in the Inner Sphere, plus their Clan space holdings. The other four Clans: Diamond Shark, Hell's Horses, Cloud Cobras and Coyotes have some scattered holdings in the Deep Periphery as well as Clan space. And the two halves of the Nova Cats who are sort of off to the side.

I'd welcome any thoughts, suggestions, etc.
« Last Edit: 15 August 2015, 16:49:30 by Trinary »

Shadow_Wraith

• Lieutenant
Re: AU Clan History (Post-3062)
« Reply #1 on: 15 August 2015, 23:58:11 »
 :)  This looks interesting so far!  It would be interesting to see what plans you have for the home clans in the 3100's

Trinary

• Private
« Reply #2 on: 16 August 2015, 00:21:53 »
Well, one of the things that I preferred was not such an iron separation between the Home Clans and the Invading Clans. For instance, in just the Deep Periphery between Clan space and the OZ several Clans have strings of outposts and logistic routes connecting the Occupation Zones back to the Clan homeworlds. The Clans also conquered several Deep Periphery proto-states in that area: the Cloud Cobras in the Khwazarm Empire, the Hell's Horses and Coyotes in the Hanseatic League, the dissident Nova Cats/Stone Lions in Nueva Castile, the Diamond Sharks in the Chainelane Isles and the Ghost Bears in Jarnvolk. Plus the Diamond Shark have trade worlds in each of the OZs. However, the four strongest Clans (Wolves, Jade Falcons, Ghost Bears and Star Adders) all have Occupation Zones in the Inner Sphere, as well as their possessions in Clan space.

But there's a give and take. The Ghost Bears, who moved almost all their people and resources into their OZ, have the strongest Clan force in the Inner Sphere--but are fairly weak in terms of their strength back in Clan space. The Star Adders are the opposite, they have their main strength in the homeworlds and have the smallest, less important OZ in the Inner Sphere (the one the Hell's Horses had in the main universe, largely the periphery-ward worlds of the Falcons and Wolves). The Jade Falcons and Wolves are in the middle, with extensive holdings in both the Inner Sphere and Clan territory. So while the Star Adders are strongest than them in Clan space and the Ghost Bears are strongest in the Inner Sphere, the Wolves and Falcons have more of a balance and can exert influence in both areas.

I admit, I'm not all that familiar with the Dark Age stuff. I read a few books and was pretty turned off. Still, one can always speculate. Right now I'm trying to put together the equivalent of a AU Field Guide from 3062 to the 3080s, if not to 3100.

:)  This looks interesting so far!  It would be interesting to see what plans you have for the home clans in the 3100's

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #3 on: 16 August 2015, 03:23:20 »
I say go for it :) it sounds reasonable and looks dang well thought out.
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Trinary

• Private
« Reply #4 on: 17 August 2015, 00:30:33 »
I say go for it :) it sounds reasonable and looks dang well thought out.

Thanks! I'm glad you think so.

I have a fuller document written out in Google Docs.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1G3mVhiEuHnXL5jK4jArcHgJecUEGykgl4OBDWTbgJDA/edit?usp=sharing

Full write up for the disposition and status of each individual Clan will be put up later.
« Last Edit: 17 August 2015, 00:34:42 by Trinary »

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #5 on: 17 August 2015, 05:17:06 »
That was a really good read :) Not the crazed bloodbath explosion of the Wars Of Reaving but a very viable 'what if'.

Trinary

• Private
« Reply #6 on: 17 August 2015, 16:47:15 »

3100 is around where I stop. But check out the link (a few posts above) and let me know where you see the Clans going after what I wrote for them.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #7 on: 18 August 2015, 06:30:52 »
I had a read and was impressed, as I said its like the WoR but without the crazyness and exploding pressure cooker that the Homeworlds became.  The result is far less devastating and more manageable and with rational and well thought out responses from all involved.

Trinary

• Private
« Reply #8 on: 19 August 2015, 17:21:42 »
I had a read and was impressed, as I said its like the WoR but without the crazyness and exploding pressure cooker that the Homeworlds became.  The result is far less devastating and more manageable and with rational and well thought out responses from all involved.

Now posting individual sections on the eight remaining Clans. I still need to work out sections for conflicts and battles between the Clans: battle scenarios, what units fought what units on what worlds, etc. during the inter-Clan conflict.

Anywho, first up is Clan Jade Falcon: https://docs.google.com/document/d/125x8BusP1LAHlEGODqxwb9U6nWM8HvimY-Kj97zVJ2A/edit?usp=sharing

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #10 on: 21 August 2015, 04:32:43 »
Again these are really good :) Well written and thought out with lots of nice ideas in 'em. Bravo!

Shadow_Wraith

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: 21 August 2015, 10:00:54 »
 O0 Very nice Clan AU!