Register Register

Author Topic: BattleTech FanFiction Tribble Emporium 2.0: expanded premises!  (Read 83645 times)

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
Re: BattleTech FanFiction Tribble Emporium 2.0: expanded premises!
« Reply #810 on: 01 August 2022, 08:02:18 »
@ #841: right?! Like how many Cameron’s were dragged in front of Amaris? You’re saying none were in the military and ALL of them were in the Hegemony proper in reach of Amaris’s people? Even more so all were on Terra?

monbvol

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Flogging will continue until morale improves
« Reply #811 on: 01 August 2022, 09:48:51 »
So... does Amaris pull the trigger on Apotheosis or not?  ???

He would certainly try but it would not work out the way Amaris would have liked and actually gaining access to certain things would not be possible.  Amaris would certainly like to abort once it becomes clear that Kerensky was not as distracted and thus Richard was not as easily manipulated but the fire was already lit before he left for Terra so there was no stopping it.

mikecj

• Captain
  • Veteran of Galahad 3028
« Reply #812 on: 01 August 2022, 12:11:57 »
No excuse needed - those are the actual rules as written. Senior ranks can tell a junior to shove off, it's just they sometimes have discipline problems if they do. Similarly someone with a bloodname can ignore someone without.

The Widowmakers did that to the Woverines.  2 x Star Colonels vs the Wolverine Khan & SaKhan in BoI.
There are no fish in my pond.
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf
Romo Lampkin could have gotten Stefan Amaris off with a warning.

drakensis

• Lieutenant
« Reply #813 on: 01 August 2022, 13:14:56 »
I always wondered why there were virtually no Camerons serving in the SLDF and quickly placed under complete protection once they received news of tye coup on Terra.

In some ways, the military is a good place to stash some spare heirs away. Certainly the other Great Houses took this lesson to heart.
My suspicion is that Richard had (on the suggestion of his good friend Stefan) ordered them all to visit him for Christmas. Even the ones on active deployment (one was a fleet commander in the SLDF).
"It's national writing month, not national writing week and a half you jerk" - Consequences, 9th November 2018

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #814 on: 01 August 2022, 17:57:32 »
That leaves enough scope for a competent Kerensky to interfere JUST enough, I think...  ^-^

drakensis

• Lieutenant
« Reply #815 on: 02 August 2022, 01:45:09 »

Katherine Steiner-Davion is on her way to claim 'her' throne on New Avalon when a jumpship appears over one of the worlds on the route.

Vincent Davion, the middle-aged heir to the Federated Suns (well, he was in 2596!) and his brother Roger (ancestor of, among other people, Jackson Davion) have finally emerged from their 450+ year misjump. And they are having NO truck with some half-lyran proven traitor just turning up and taking over.

They may not know all the political details, they're certainly centuries out of date militarily but these are matters of principle! If the First Prince (or Archon-Prince) wants to dispute them then he can look them in the eye and tell them that. Oh he's been away for over a year and no one knows where he even IS?

Victor returns back and finds that the Federated SUNS is under new management, but it's nothing to do with Katherine. His distant ancestor Vincent Davion is perfectly happy for Victor to come back and live on New Avalon, but not to rule. And Victor... is okay with that. Yvonne gets to go back to university to study whatever she wants and may eventually become Tancred's wife. Arthur is eventually groomed as Vincent's heir.

Katherine eventually becomes such a problem that Victor steps in and removes her from power in the Lyran Commonwealth, with some firm political advice from his 'Uncle Roger' but with the civil war not reaching the Suns (who are happy to supply Victor) it's much smaller and less damaging. Peter Steiner-Davion becomes the new Archon, and stays in the Star League when Sun-Tzu departs, as does Vincent so the Second Star League doesn't collapse, while the Confederation finds itself sanctioned by everyone including the Word of Blake - much to Sun-Tzu's frustration. Thus there's no Jihad and the Inner Sphere and Clans stagger along for a few decades without too many major conflicts...
"It's national writing month, not national writing week and a half you jerk" - Consequences, 9th November 2018

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #816 on: 02 August 2022, 03:29:12 »
Another interesting one, Drakensis!  :thumbsup:

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #817 on: 02 August 2022, 09:12:05 »
Drakensis, I would read the HELL out of that.

844-A conflagration of Munch.

Take the munchiest non-canon fanfic characters from the top five authors, and dump them into the same setting at the same time...as written by their biggest fans on the forums, (I have no idea who'd handle Liz Ngo, I just know it shouldn't be me.)

At the end of the story, a CANON character reviews it as if they'd just finished binging a netflix series.
"If you have to ask permission, then it's no longer a Right, it has been turned into a Privilege-something that can be and will be taken from you when convenient."

mikecj

• Captain
« Reply #818 on: 02 August 2022, 15:50:21 »
THAT!  I'd love to see that one!
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf

Kujo

• Sergeant
« Reply #819 on: 02 August 2022, 18:03:23 »
Re:  843,

Drakensis what about the 'Omi' issue, I presume that would be one of the reasons why Vincent would be 'hesitant' to allowing Victor back on the throne (though his actions against the Clans and IlKhan would likely counter balance the 'Kurita' issue at least a bit).  It would be amusing if Kitsune Kurita-Davion would inherit the Combine due to the Black Dragons having the luck of Khan Noonien Singh vs. James T. Kirk.  They kill everyone around Victor, Omi and their immediate family (like Theodore, Hohiro, Minoru, and Franklin) leaving the 'Davion Spawn' (missing the 'target' as it were  ;) ) as Coordinator and with the overt hatred of the Dragons forces Kitsune to identify more with his Steiner-DAVION heritage.

It could go one of three ways, Isis marries one the eligible Davions and they put House Allard-Liao on the Confederation Throne finding David 'Lear', Cassandra or Kuan-Yin a 'suitable' Davion to marry into the 'family' which could lead to either a 'golden' era under the house of the "Messiah" or in a couple of generations a set up in which we have world war one in space (nearly all the royal combatants of that war were 1st cousins from Nicky to Willie to Goergie and odds are with the way the Hapsburgs married they were also in the 'family' as well).  That or the third option of the House of Davion just slowly grinds the Confederation and squeezes the FWL until they 'join' the Davion's Star League...

Thank you.
For the FEDCOM For the Archon-Prince

Intermittent_Coherence

• Lieutenant
« Reply #820 on: 02 August 2022, 19:07:38 »
Uhhh.... if you press the FWL to hard it will collapse into civil war. At best you'd get one or two component states on your side.

Necrosiac

• Private
  • Rime Stoats Forever!
« Reply #821 on: 02 August 2022, 20:07:11 »
Drakensis, I would read the HELL out of that.

844-A conflagration of Munch.

Take the munchiest non-canon fanfic characters from the top five authors, and dump them into the same setting at the same time...as written by their biggest fans on the forums, (I have no idea who'd handle Liz Ngo, I just know it shouldn't be me.)

At the end of the story, a CANON character reviews it as if they'd just finished binging a netflix series.

This one has alkemita all over it - his Sphere Saga was a fitting warm-up to this.
"Have gone to Inner Sphere to fight Freebirths. 
Will be back when War is over.
~Jena"

The Blizzard http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,21676.0.html

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Interioris Sphæræ vincendarum...

PsihoKekec

• Captain
  • Your spleen, give it to me!
« Reply #822 on: 09 August 2022, 00:52:34 »
845 - Mad Myndo in da house

Due to some scheduling conflict at the university, Myndo is not there when her lover is murdered and her interrogation is more of the formality kind, so she doesn't flee to HPG compound. She seemingly buries herself in study and finishes her courses with flying colours, entering service with either ISF or O5P, however the event left her disillusioned, with her work making he despise the Combine even more, so she establishes contacts in LIC or MIIO, with singular goal of hurting the Draconis Combine. Now while she is much to junior to cause serious damage during 4th Succession War, but by the time of the second round, she is in the right position to do some serious damage. 
Shoot first, laugh later.

mikecj

• Captain
« Reply #823 on: 19 August 2022, 17:59:15 »

The Inner Sphere sees a resurgence in spy novels.  Multiple Inner Sphere spy agencies dig franticly through the books looking for classified information.

The Auburn family continues its tradition of producing authors with the latest scion banging out thrillers such as:
Tinker, Tailor, MechWarrior, Blakist
The Metsuke Who Came in from the Cold
Smiling One's People
The Marik Identity
Draconis Reacher
The Centrella who loved me
The Man from Loki

Janna Auburn exhibits an impressive command of tradecraft as she protects her manuscripts from increasingly hostile agencies.  In the end, several media giants option her works for big-budget Tri-V productions.  Janna retires to Clinton after buying the Snord property.  Her son Harry opens an extensive "escape room" business within the remains of the Castle Brian.

Of course, other authors cash in on the trend but their products fall short:
Live and Let Dry, a thriller set on Chara 3, also known as Pacifica
Austin Berith: International Manie of Mystery, voted worst costumes in a drama and suffering from an over-abundance of special effects to the detriment of the overall plot
The Revenge of the Pink Panther Lance, a heist bringing 4 Kuritans and their 'Mechs together to steal a fabulous jewel, foiled by an inept Davion detective
Precentor Strangelove, a thriller purporting to be the WoB's Inner Workings, bombed badly at the box office

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #824 on: 19 August 2022, 18:02:04 »
*snip*
Precentor Strangelove, a thriller purporting to be the WoB's Inner Workings, bombed badly at the box office
Probably literally!  :D

mikecj

• Captain
« Reply #825 on: 19 August 2022, 18:06:48 »
Probably literally!  :D

Truly. The investigation was very quietly squelched after the Production Company suffered several unexplained "accidents".  Rumors of Red Hand graffiti has been officially denied.

Mister Spencer

• Recruit
« Reply #826 on: 20 August 2022, 02:54:19 »

Tinker, Tailor, MechWarrior, Blakist
The Metsuke Who Came in from the Cold
Smiling One's People

This trilogy, noted by critics as the closest to real-life intelligence work, leaves you guessing at every turn. It is only on subsequent read-throughs that one might discover all the subtle clues and hints woven into the pages. Truly, a satisfyingly cerebral tour de force!

The Marik Identity

Like the Star Nation it takes its name from, this intrigue-laden, double-crossing, action-packed thriller will leave you wondering who, actually is involved in what. Who actually was behind the program the novel's protagonist was a part of and what were its actual goals? In the end, nobody, not even the main character, knows.

Draconis Reacher

Uncompromising, just like the Combine itself, in his pursuit of what he perceives to be Justice, whether it's in accordance of the law or not.

The Centrella who loved me

Gadgets galore, chase scenes aplenty and a memorable, over-the-top villain, bent on galaxy-wide domination, this is an Immortal Warrior movie put to the page. A complete departure for the author after her earlier, more serious outings. A nice change of pace for a lazy afternoon's reading.

The Man from Loki

The Man from Loki is a cross between the author's previous Smiling One's trilogy and the more action-oriented Reacher novel as the protagonist and his partner try to stop a plot that will turn the Lyran Commonwealth's leadership into one man's puppet. From the opening scene of an assassination attempt on Loki's director to the thrilling conclusion, this is a must read.

Live and Let Dry, a thriller set on Chara 3, also known as Pacifica

A novel, supposedly, the first in a series, is nothing but a cheap knockoff of 'The Centrella who loved me'. An attempt by the author to sponge off of the success of that novel. While on its own, a fun, mindless afternoon read, one can't help but feel a certain aversion to such a clear attempt at copying a clearly superior work.

Austin Berith: International Manie of Mystery, voted worst costumes in a drama and suffering from an over-abundance of special effects to the detriment of the overall plot

This is 'supposedly' a parody of the Spy Genre... Nobody was laughing at the juvenile jokes, or the vintage costumes or either the main character or the main villain. That's two hours of my life that felt like infinitely more. The only highlight is the soundtrack. Save the money you'd use to go see this movie and buy the soundtrack instead. Not only is it cheaper, but you'll enjoy true classic music again and again.

The Revenge of the Pink Panther Lance, a heist bringing 4 Kuritans and their 'Mechs together to steal a fabulous jewel, foiled by an inept Davion detective

In my review of 'Austin Berith: International Manie of Mystery', I stated that the two hours I spent watching it, felt like infinitely more. Not so with this movie!

Before the opening credits roll, we're introduced to the Pink Panther Lance, in a sequence that shows us how truly competent they are, as they face off against a larger, heavier force of the Davion Royal Armored Hussars, intent on grabbing hold of a cache of Star League era scientific materials. As the smoke settles and the Pink Panthers walk away, the opening credits take center stage with an ear worm of a musical tune accompanied by cartoon pink panther being pursued by a hapless detective, prone to every cartoon trope, ever.

Peter Sayles as the Chief Inspector delivers possibly his finest performance as the 'competent-in-his-own-mind', with the thickest New Avalon accent this side of a drunken platoon of sailors, law enforcement officer. One would think that such a character would be no match for the Combine's feared Pink Panthers, yet one would be wrong. Proving again the truth of the ancient adage, "It's better to be lucky than good", Sayles' character stumbles through his investigation, dodging every trap (which, invariably, hit his enemies) to catch his opponents. The supporting characters also bring out their finest performances, from Burt Kwang's much put-upon 'Gentleman's Gentleman' to Sayles, to the hilarious eruptions of 'Mount Drifuse', Sayles' superior officer, played with increasing aggravation by the great Herbert Loam. You'll need a second and even a third viewing, just to get all the gags, double intendres and jokes. 

Being review-bombed by those seeking nothing more than the vilification of an organisation that has done so much for the poor and downtrodden, is nothing more than barbaric. Such people are no better that Amaris or his supporters, for they seek to perpetuate the subjugation of those less fortunate. They spread naught but slanderous lies and conspiracy theories from their feverish, diseased minds. Someone should really deal with them, as they are not fit to be part of a polite society.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #827 on: 20 August 2022, 06:37:46 »
Nice back cover blurbs!  :D

mikecj

• Captain
« Reply #828 on: 20 August 2022, 11:13:08 »
This trilogy, noted by critics as the closest to real-life intelligence work, leaves you guessing at every turn. It is only on subsequent read-throughs that one might discover all the subtle clues and hints woven into the pages. Truly, a satisfyingly cerebral tour de force!

Like the Star Nation it takes its name from, this intrigue-laden, double-crossing, action-packed thriller will leave you wondering who, actually is involved in what. Who actually was behind the program the novel's protagonist was a part of and what were its actual goals? In the end, nobody, not even the main character, knows.

Uncompromising, just like the Combine itself, in his pursuit of what he perceives to be Justice, whether it's in accordance of the law or not.

Gadgets galore, chase scenes aplenty and a memorable, over-the-top villain, bent on galaxy-wide domination, this is an Immortal Warrior movie put to the page. A complete departure for the author after her earlier, more serious outings. A nice change of pace for a lazy afternoon's reading.

The Man from Loki is a cross between the author's previous Smiling One's trilogy and the more action-oriented Reacher novel as the protagonist and his partner try to stop a plot that will turn the Lyran Commonwealth's leadership into one man's puppet. From the opening scene of an assassination attempt on Loki's director to the thrilling conclusion, this is a must read.

A novel, supposedly, the first in a series, is nothing but a cheap knockoff of 'The Centrella who loved me'. An attempt by the author to sponge off of the success of that novel. While on its own, a fun, mindless afternoon read, one can't help but feel a certain aversion to such a clear attempt at copying a clearly superior work.

This is 'supposedly' a parody of the Spy Genre... Nobody was laughing at the juvenile jokes, or the vintage costumes or either the main character or the main villain. That's two hours of my life that felt like infinitely more. The only highlight is the soundtrack. Save the money you'd use to go see this movie and buy the soundtrack instead. Not only is it cheaper, but you'll enjoy true classic music again and again.

In my review of 'Austin Berith: International Manie of Mystery', I stated that the two hours I spent watching it, felt like infinitely more. Not so with this movie!

Before the opening credits roll, we're introduced to the Pink Panther Lance, in a sequence that shows us how truly competent they are, as they face off against a larger, heavier force of the Davion Royal Armored Hussars, intent on grabbing hold of a cache of Star League era scientific materials. As the smoke settles and the Pink Panthers walk away, the opening credits take center stage with an ear worm of a musical tune accompanied by cartoon pink panther being pursued by a hapless detective, prone to every cartoon trope, ever.

Peter Sayles as the Chief Inspector delivers possibly his finest performance as the 'competent-in-his-own-mind', with the thickest New Avalon accent this side of a drunken platoon of sailors, law enforcement officer. One would think that such a character would be no match for the Combine's feared Pink Panthers, yet one would be wrong. Proving again the truth of the ancient adage, "It's better to be lucky than good", Sayles' character stumbles through his investigation, dodging every trap (which, invariably, hit his enemies) to catch his opponents. The supporting characters also bring out their finest performances, from Burt Kwang's much put-upon 'Gentleman's Gentleman' to Sayles, to the hilarious eruptions of 'Mount Drifuse', Sayles' superior officer, played with increasing aggravation by the great Herbert Loam. You'll need a second and even a third viewing, just to get all the gags, double intendres and jokes. 

Being review-bombed by those seeking nothing more than the vilification of an organisation that has done so much for the poor and downtrodden, is nothing more than barbaric. Such people are no better that Amaris or his supporters, for they seek to perpetuate the subjugation of those less fortunate. They spread naught but slanderous lies and conspiracy theories from their feverish, diseased minds. Someone should really deal with them, as they are not fit to be part of a polite society.

Brilliant!!!

Takiro

• Lieutenant
  • BattleTech: Salient Horizon
    • Your BattleTech
« Reply #829 on: 21 August 2022, 12:00:49 »
Good stuff!

misterpants

• Warrant Officer
  • Bringing you the beats and grooves of Xin Sheng
« Reply #830 on: 21 August 2022, 15:14:00 »
845 - Mad Myndo in da house

Due to some scheduling conflict at the university, Myndo is not there when her lover is murdered and her interrogation is more of the formality kind, so she doesn't flee to HPG compound. She seemingly buries herself in study and finishes her courses with flying colours, entering service with either ISF or O5P, however the event left her disillusioned, with her work making he despise the Combine even more, so she establishes contacts in LIC or MIIO, with singular goal of hurting the Draconis Combine. Now while she is much to junior to cause serious damage during 4th Succession War, but by the time of the second round, she is in the right position to do some serious damage.

Or Comstar turns her, making for a possibility of The Departed but with Waterly vs Mori...

The Wobbly Guy

• Sergeant
« Reply #831 on: 22 August 2022, 02:10:53 »
847 - Bad Blood

The protaganist is an upstanding member of the Com Guards. One day, the protaganist comes across genetic information that links them as a direct descendant of Stefan Amaris, along with codes and coordinates to his sizable fortune hidden away in the Periphery.

How does one atone for the sins of their ancestors (it's not just a ledger of red, it's a whole damn encyclopedia of red), while keeping the origins of their fortune a secret and dodging attempts to trace their ancestry?

Here, we explore the implications of the IS and clan predilection on blood ties... even when it makes no sense.

idea weenie

• Major
« Reply #832 on: 22 August 2022, 20:22:01 »
847 - Bad Blood

The protaganist is an upstanding member of the Com Guards. One day, the protaganist comes across genetic information that links them as a direct descendant of Stefan Amaris, along with codes and coordinates to his sizable fortune hidden away in the Periphery.

How does one atone for the sins of their ancestors (it's not just a ledger of red, it's a whole damn encyclopedia of red), while keeping the origins of their fortune a secret and dodging attempts to trace their ancestry?

Here, we explore the implications of the IS and clan predilection on blood ties... even when it makes no sense.

"I am not my ancestor.  I am me."

The fun part will be figuring out a way to get to that fortune, without ROM figuring out what is going on.  Unless this is a random morality test to make sure that you are good for promotion within Comstar and being brought fully into the mysteries.  If the character decides to give the fortune to various charities, they have obviously failed to have the correct morality (which would be donating the money to Comstar so it can be better allocated to those that need aid).

bennington1234

• Recruit
« Reply #833 on: 24 August 2022, 09:36:33 »
848: Or why being an otaku can be bad for your health in the BattleTech universe..

"Do..bee...do, got myself some Sailor Moon and Pretty Cure collectors' merchandise...."

Meanwhile in a Clan Goliath Scorpion/Scorpion Empire world......with a Seeker in one of the typical drug induced trances.....

"I sense some merchandise...belonging to one that punishes in the name of the Moon and one belonging to some emissaries of the Light dating back to before the Star League....make ready a Galaxy....and send it to the planet of Todo...."

Later that day...., some Warships belonging to Clan Goliath Scorpion appear in orbit, issuing out a transmission....

"We are Clan Goliath Scorpion, it appears that one of our Seekers has identified some merchandise belonging to pre-Star League era entertainment on this planet. With what forces will you bid to defend the prize that we will take?"
« Last Edit: 24 August 2022, 09:38:30 by bennington1234 »

Chaeronea

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #834 on: 25 August 2022, 10:56:45 »
849: Necess-ary Recovery

In 2931 Necess Kurita, sister to Coordinator Hugai Kurita of the Draconis Combine, joined ComStar. To say Hugai was furious at this was an understatement, to the point that later that year he had the ISF kidnap his sister from the ComStar hospice on Luthien where she was working for the Order, killing several ROM agents in the process, and bring her back to the Imperial Palace where she was locked away. Outraged by the kidnapping of one of its new Acolytes who was also a medical archeologist ComStar attempted to negotiate with House Kurita to no avail, and even threats of Interdiction failed with Hugai stating he had set up commercial JumpShips to carry communications throughout the realm. Precentor Luthien then revealed that ComStar had hired six regiments of crack mercenaries which were poised to attack two of the Combine's Military District capitals, as well as the Bandersnatches, a crack Mech battalion ten minutes out from conducting a combat drop into the grounds of the Imperial Palace to either rescue Necess and Precentor Luthien, or to lay waste to the Palace and Imperial City. Confronted by such options Hugai gave in and let his sister return to ComStar.

But what if he hadn't given in?

Hugai Kurita was described as being well-adjusted and of calm bearing, however in 2931 he was emotionally devastated by the death of Samson Sakamoto, his mentor and a close friend, in combat on the Davion border. It's possible that in such a state he would have rejected Precentor Luthien's demands, the Bandersnatches dropped on Luthien and went hog-wild through the Imperial City, and ComStar hit the Combine with their six regiments of additional mercs (and an Interdiction as well, almost certainly) ? Could Davion and Steiner have hastily joined forces to hit the Combine while it was at such a disadvantage? What damage could the Combine have taken? Could the Combine even survive as a nation?

On a tangentially related note, the Sarna entry for Necess Kurita describes her as a medical archeologist devoted to discovering medical technology and techniques lost during the Succession Wars, even travelling to other Great Houses in the course of her research, which led her to join ComStar. She sounds like a fascinating character - does anyone know if there are any stories about her?

AlphaMirage

• Captain
« Reply #835 on: 25 August 2022, 11:46:54 »
Unfortunately I don't know of any stories of her, but I definitely agree. I did try to look up more information of Hugai, Samson, and Necess for my Hachiman, Hard Boiled story but to no avail

bennington1234

• Recruit
« Reply #836 on: 31 August 2022, 08:38:47 »
850: What if Clan Blood Spirit survived their de facto Annihilation by Clan Star Adder?

I've always have a soft spot for Clan Blood Spirit as their history, through their promotion of espirit de corps from within and without their Clan and their reasons for isolation from the other Clans. What if a significiant portion of Clan Blood Sprit survived their Annihiliation by their enemy, Clan Star Adder and fled to the Periphery, far from Clan space after the Wars of Reaving . How would that change things in the Dark Age/ IlClan era?
« Last Edit: 31 August 2022, 08:40:30 by bennington1234 »

SulliMike23

• Lieutenant
  • The Brotherhood will expand in the Inner Sphere!
« Reply #837 on: 03 September 2022, 21:59:28 »
850: What if Clan Blood Spirit survived their de facto Annihilation by Clan Star Adder?

I've always have a soft spot for Clan Blood Spirit as their history, through their promotion of espirit de corps from within and without their Clan and their reasons for isolation from the other Clans. What if a significiant portion of Clan Blood Sprit survived their Annihiliation by their enemy, Clan Star Adder and fled to the Periphery, far from Clan space after the Wars of Reaving . How would that change things in the Dark Age/ IlClan era?
It all depends on where they settle. If they decide to settle in their own occupation zone within the borders of some of the other IS Clans, then they will have to issue trials upon trials of possession from the Jade Falcons, Hell's Horses, Wolves, and Ghost Bears. If they settled in the Draconis Combine or Lyran Commonwealth, they would have to deal with the same stuff the original invading Clans dealt with in the original invasion. If they settled in the Periphery, they would have to decide WHERE in the periphery to settle; they could do what the Snow Ravens did and allow themselves to be integrated into a Periphery state, or they could go the Goliath Scorpions method and takeover said Periphery state (wouldn't be too hard).

That being said, the question is, would they survive the Jihad before the Dark Age Era? If so, they would undoubtedly send some of their own to join the coalition to liberate Terra. Afterwards, they would continue to settle before Gray Monday. As for what they will do when the learn when the Wolves and Jade Falcons are invading Terra itself, they will probably do what the Hell's Horses did at first, before deciding to try their hand at becoming the ilClan. Unless, of course, they decide to play it smart and decide to join the Wolves and Jade Falcons on Terra and the Khan of the Blood Spirits would probably request that they join the newly established Royal Blackwatch since Colleen Schmitt's grandmother was the last commanding officer of the Blackwatch during the Amaris Coup.

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #838 on: 04 September 2022, 01:06:54 »
851-and something went wrong.

"Stephen! before you give me MY gift, my friend, you have to have a look at this! It's amazing!"

Stephan Amaris felt no foreboding, Richard's enthusiasm would provide an even BETTER distraction, as the young-ish fool led him to an ornate case filled with...liquid?

"Have a look, YOu will be amazed!"

The top slid aside, and suddenly, a serpentine shape slashed outward, forcing its way down Stephan Amaris' throat...

and then, Stephan Amaris was gone, and Ba'al looked through the overweight man's eyes.

"Ra, is that you?" he asks

"Yes.  We have Returned."  Richard Cameron's mouth spoke, but the System Lord within was the source of the words.  "We will recover the gates, and the System Lords will rule again."
"If you have to ask permission, then it's no longer a Right, it has been turned into a Privilege-something that can be and will be taken from you when convenient."

Takiro

• Lieutenant
  • BattleTech: Salient Horizon
    • Your BattleTech
« Reply #839 on: 04 September 2022, 02:07:11 »
Can a BattleMech fit through a Stargate?