Register Register

Author Topic: Era Report 3052 The Aurigan Reach  (Read 1517 times)

strategoslevel3

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Corporal
Era Report 3052 The Aurigan Reach
« on: 27 December 2020, 11:09:52 »
Era Report 3052 The Aurigan Reach

What happened to the Reach in the 4th Succession War? How did the leaders of the Periphery states interact with Lady Arano? How did the Clan Invasion effect the Reach? What was Kamea Arano’s lasting legacy? Was their a relationship between Alexander Madeira and Kamea Arano?

In writing this, I know some people will of course have there own personal vision of what happened to Lady Kamea Arano. This is mine. I hope you enjoy it!

—-

Precentor Marshall Focht,

May I congratulate you on your recent victory at Tukayyid. All of ComStar and the InnerSphere are in your debt.

I hereby submit to you a detailed report on the region known as the Aurigan Reach which should be considered an update to the last ROM intelligence report from 3028. I have included the main personalities and powers in the immediate region....

http://comstar.home.blog/2020/12/27/era-report-3052-the-aurigan-reach/

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • The 1st Federated Suns Lancers will arise again!
Re: Era Report 3052 The Aurigan Reach
« Reply #1 on: 27 December 2020, 12:49:04 »
Good read. Gives a reason why no one recognizes the state as well as builds on the lack of leadership suffered at the tail end of the restoration. Particularly enjoy how no one in this had a happy ending. Because in the Inner Sphere who ever does?
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #2 on: 27 December 2020, 13:39:44 »
Nice piece of work I enjoyed reading it will be interesting to see how this compares to the Canon ending for the nation assuming it does come to an end
The below link leads to a wiki page created by Wrangler.  It has links to the various pages of my AU.

https://battletechfanon.fandom.com/wiki/Alternate_Timeline_with_Thanks

Daryk

• Colonel
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #3 on: 27 December 2020, 16:59:32 »
Interesting indeed, even if TPTB go a different direction.  :thumbsup:

strategoslevel3

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Corporal
« Reply #4 on: 27 December 2020, 18:28:38 »
TPTB?

I doubt there ever will be a mention of the Arano Reach again in Canon beyond the House Arano book. To do so would need the input of HBS who have moved on to other things.

David CGB

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #5 on: 27 December 2020, 18:33:18 »
great idea and good read
Federated Suns fan forever, Ghost Bear Fan since 1992, and as a Ghost Bear David Bekker star captain (in an Alt TL Loremaster)

Daryk

• Colonel
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #6 on: 27 December 2020, 18:46:42 »
You never know what they'll do... last I checked, they're actually going to publish Herb's last piece of the Stevens saga.  Anything could happen!  8)

SulliMike23

• Lieutenant
  • The Brotherhood will expand in the Inner Sphere!
« Reply #7 on: 27 December 2020, 18:47:27 »
Great read. Very great read. I hope you do a follow-up to it.

DOC_Agren

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: 27 December 2020, 21:13:51 »
Interesting
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

idea weenie

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: 27 December 2020, 22:15:56 »
Defense: Smithon -> 1st paragraph, 2nd sentence:
Musashi’s Dragons and the 2nd Decimis fought back the Taurian forces as hey attacked the planetary garrison, but that was not their only target.
should be:
Musashi’s Dragons and the 2nd Decimis fought back the Taurian forces as they attacked the planetary garrison, but that was not their only target.

Liberation: Tyrlon -> 2nd paragraph, 5th sentence:
Secondly, the Restoration would not make it public knowledge that Taurian Concordat and especially Protector Calderon, had been deceived.
should be:
Secondly, the Restoration would not make it public knowledge that the Taurian Concordat, and especially Protector Calderon, had been deceived.

3027-28 Rebuilding the Reach -> 1st paragraph, 1st sentence:
After the final battle, Elena Marisol-Chaplin took custody of Santiago Epinosa and in an incredible short, closed door military trial, Protector Thomas Calderon found him guilty and condemned him to death.
should be:
After the final battle, Elena Marisol-Chaplin took custody of Santiago Epinosa and in an incredibly short, closed door military trial, Protector Thomas Calderon found him guilty and condemned him to death.

3028 The rise of the Commonwealth and the Forth Succession Wars -> 1st paragraph, 1st sentence:
Lady Arano receive a surprise invitation in March 3028 to attend the marriage ceremony of Hanse Davion and Melisa Steiner, an event which would see the formation of a new Super-Power in the InnerSphere.
should be:
Lady Arano received a surprise invitation in March 3028 to attend the marriage ceremony of Hanse Davion and Melisa Steiner, an event which would see the formation of a new Super-Power in the Inner Sphere.

(There are a total of 7 locations that have "Inner Sphere" rather than "Inner Sphere")

3030-3040 The Golden Years -> 4th paragraph (beginning with "With trade agreements with the Capellan Confederation and Taurian Concordat in place, the Aurigan Coalition thrived."), 2nd sentence:
During 3035 the Andurien Crisis once again threatened the stability of the region as Kyalla Centrolla joined with the Dutchy of Andurien is attacking the Capellan Confederation, rebelling against Free Worlds League.
should be:
During 3035 the Andurien Crisis once again threatened the stability of the region as Kyalla Centrella joined with the Duchy of Andurien is attacking the Capellan Confederation, rebelling against Free Worlds League.

3050 The Fall of Heroes -> 6th paragraph, 3rd sentence:
Elika dispatched the four Assassins in short order, but in the brief firefight, he husband Dwayne, caught a stray and fatal bullet to the head.
should be:
Elika dispatched the four Assassins in short order, but in the brief firefight, her husband Dwayne, caught a stray and fatal bullet to the head.

3050-52 Coronations and Clan Invasions -> 2nd paragraph, 2nd to last sentence:
Under the guise of returning to the Coromodir Military Academy, Haekea instead booked passage to Taurus where she enrolled in the Inner Spheres most prestigious military academy, the Taurian École Militaire.
should be:
Under the guise of returning to the Coromodir Military Academy, Haekea instead booked passage to Taurus where she enrolled in the Inner Sphere's most prestigious military academy, the Taurian École Militaire.

3050-52 Coronations and Clan Invasions -> 7th paragraph, 4th sentence:
The Mask agents spared him no pity as the tortured him.
should be:
The Mask agents spared him no pity as they tortured him.

3050-52 Coronations and Clan Invasions -> 8th paragraph, 1st sentence:
In 3050 the InnerSphere changed forever.
should be:
In 3050 the Inner Sphere changed forever.

Personalities of the Aurigan Reach -> Lady Ana Maria Centrella -> 1st paragraph, 1st sentence:
A noble of the Magistracy of Conopus, skilled businesswoman and diplomat, Ana had been a staunch supporter of Lady Arano from her youth.
should be:
A noble of the Magistracy of Canopus, skilled businesswoman and diplomat, Ana had been a staunch supporter of Lady Arano from her youth.

A few I missed, a few mistakes I made.  I don't do this as a career, I was just using a modification of the standard errata template from this site.

For the style, the blank space to either side of the text seems to take up a lot of the screen, I assume this is to make the page viewable on mobile?
« Last Edit: 29 December 2020, 01:24:21 by idea weenie »

strategoslevel3

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Corporal
« Reply #10 on: 28 December 2020, 03:39:28 »
Thank you so much for this, idea weenie! This is incredible and so professional! Do you do this for a job?

Just finished going though and making the changes, would never have spotted a lot of these.

I’m glad you liked it! Any other thoughts about the style?

Intermittent_Coherence

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: 28 December 2020, 04:50:20 »
Well ******.

Robes. Can't ever trust them to do what they're supposed to do.

strategoslevel3

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Corporal
« Reply #12 on: 28 December 2020, 05:10:49 »
I was for a moment going to have Kyle leave with the Word of Blake after the ComStar Schism!

Intermittent_Coherence

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: 28 December 2020, 05:46:17 »
And I would not have found it surprising if he did.
He grew up in the Order after all. It's all he's ever known.
If he ever decides to come home and take it over, all he'd do is turn the Coalition into another Comstar/WOB patsy.

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #14 on: 28 December 2020, 08:42:47 »

I doubt there ever will be a mention of the Arano Reach again in Canon beyond the House Arano book. To do so would need the input of HBS who have moved on to other things.
House Arano book only exist because demand so who knows. Personally, think everyone is moving on but still a fun concept to play with.
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

Adventwolf

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #15 on: 28 December 2020, 23:59:08 »
Interesting setup. Don't think that is how it would play out exactly but whatever it is one interpretation. But it does look like there is a setup for the two mechwarriors to meet up on the anti-clan front. This might mean they return to depose the new High Lord if he is starting to go down the Liao crazy train again like so many others of that family. Though really it is Kamea's fault this all happened as it was that exact attitude and unwillingness to act that caused the coup in the first place. Her naivety and disregard for the reality of ruling caused the civil war and it seemed that she learned her lesson after the civil war but then she goes and makes the same mistake again.
Fun quest that need more people:

Skywalker For Senator (Star Wars) - Q, Star Wars: Beyond the Republic, We Stand Against the Stars (Gundam/Macross) Crossover, Mobile Suit Gundam: Divided Federation (Civ Quest), The Lords of Ruin -- Battletech/Killzone Crossover, Star War Moff Quest: Lost in Space

strategoslevel3

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Corporal
« Reply #16 on: 29 December 2020, 07:58:58 »
Director Santiago Espinosa did nothing wrong ... ;)

Adventwolf

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #17 on: 29 December 2020, 10:53:49 »
Director Santiago Espinosa did nothing wrong ... ;)
Oh, he did plenty wrong but the reasons that forced him to take those actions were mostly Kamea's fault and more importantly the fault of the council that was dicking around trying to get the best deal for themselves only at the expense of the other worlds and the Coalition as a whole. If Kamea had listened instead of being an idiot none of what happened would have been necessary.
Fun quest that need more people:

Skywalker For Senator (Star Wars) - Q, Star Wars: Beyond the Republic, We Stand Against the Stars (Gundam/Macross) Crossover, Mobile Suit Gundam: Divided Federation (Civ Quest), The Lords of Ruin -- Battletech/Killzone Crossover, Star War Moff Quest: Lost in Space

Ice Hellion

• Sergeant
  • Part-time builder of fallen empires
« Reply #18 on: 29 December 2020, 11:33:16 »
Do you have a pdf version of this report?
In turn they tested each Clan namesake
In trial against the ice hellion's mettle.
Each chased the ice hellion, hunting it down.
All faild to match the predator's speed and grace.
Khan Cage smiled and said. "And that is how we shall be."

The Remembrance, Passage 5, Verse 3, Lines 1-5

Red Pins

• Captain
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
« Reply #19 on: 29 December 2020, 11:40:21 »
Do you have a pdf version of this report?

+1

...I want a copy for my collection, Strat.
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
Glitter - the herpes of the craft supply world.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #20 on: 30 December 2020, 07:16:41 »
This was a DARN good read! Really nice work!
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

cklammer

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #21 on: 30 December 2020, 14:58:35 »
Very nice: +1  :D

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #22 on: 05 January 2021, 10:18:29 »
I totally endorse a PDF version just because it will preserve the stuff written up incase something happens to the online version.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Register