Register Register

Author Topic: Fan Made TRO - Project NELSON.  (Read 3141 times)

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Fan Made TRO - Project NELSON.
« Reply #30 on: 21 August 2020, 10:25:44 »
Wow! Great work. Finally some MPLOG artwork i actually like! I need to spend more time reading but I like what I have read about flight deck operations and pilot training.

Let us know what you think :)
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #31 on: 08 September 2020, 16:48:51 »
A wee update for folks, we're working on a Record Sheets book for Zhukov and Nelson :) Shouldn't hopefully take that long.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
« Reply #32 on: 08 September 2020, 17:36:09 »
Awesome!
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #33 on: 09 September 2020, 14:44:01 »
And as promised

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nE2NxC0LNIcSQe25QuDPd_ip5YBaqSmc/view?usp=sharing

The record sheets for Project Zhukov, as well as a little something at the back, the Emergency War Refits which also offer some hints about the setting as well!

I'd love to hear folks feedback!
« Last Edit: 10 September 2020, 03:12:14 by marauder648 »

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
« Reply #34 on: 09 September 2020, 17:30:19 »
Are these refits considered to be podable or they fixed like normal battleMechs.  Refit strikes me as the OmniMech no longer a Omni.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Maingunnery

• Major
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #35 on: 09 September 2020, 17:41:58 »

It is all-in-all good looking, very tidy.

I also really like the refits, they are very believable/logical. 
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

Fan XTRO: The Society

AldanFerrox

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #36 on: 09 September 2020, 17:43:35 »
Are these refits considered to be podable or they fixed like normal battleMechs.  Refit strikes me as the OmniMech no longer a Omni.

Don't take the word refit to literally here. They are just pod configurations put together in a pinch when the regular weapons and munitions were scarce or because of battlefield experience.
Only in death duty ends

Yu Kigono

• Private
« Reply #37 on: 09 September 2020, 18:56:30 »
Nice record sheets! Although it seems to be missing a couple units, the Alke and Chentu, as well as the stated out variants of canon units like the Oro and Hachiman. The Bonus Section too, but those aren't part of the Zhokoverse as far as I understand it.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #38 on: 10 September 2020, 00:57:30 »
Oh good point! I dunno how I missed the Alke and the other bits, I'll add those later! And yes these 'refits' are just pod variants :)  Regarding the additional stuff set in the 3100's. Those are not 'canon' in the Zhukoverse...yet :D But when I do NELSON I will add the Bagration and Thebes/Scharnhorst as they were around at the time and are indeed 'canon' :)

And there, edited to include the missing bits! And please any thoughts/comments about this are most welcome!
« Last Edit: 10 September 2020, 03:15:53 by marauder648 »

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
« Reply #39 on: 10 September 2020, 17:33:41 »
Your collection of TROs are in the Zhukoverse?

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #40 on: 11 September 2020, 00:25:17 »
Your collection of TROs are in the Zhukoverse?

As in Nelson and Zhukov? Yes :)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
« Reply #41 on: 11 September 2020, 07:00:50 »
Okay. Ive add a link to the record sheets book on the wiki.
I was ask if the star league tro you may also was in the Zhukoverse.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #42 on: 11 September 2020, 08:04:56 »
Okay. Ive add a link to the record sheets book on the wiki.
I was ask if the star league tro you may also was in the Zhukoverse.

Oh the ships? Yes I'd consider that part of it too just because the art is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better and there's all the fluff zere too :D

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #43 on: 12 September 2020, 16:54:11 »
« Last Edit: 13 September 2020, 03:24:49 by marauder648 »

Maingunnery

• Major
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #44 on: 12 September 2020, 17:27:32 »

Thank you and everyone else who worked on this.  :thumbsup:

Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

Fan XTRO: The Society

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #45 on: 13 September 2020, 03:25:08 »
Thank you :) I've just edited it to fix a few hiccups :)

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #46 on: 22 September 2020, 16:37:37 »
And something new - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_I6WYBRH0baXjj7cF6oVTbp0-G-xu06r/view?usp=sharing featuring the extra units at the back of the Zhukov book

And NELSON's been updated too - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nIceVcaa8mLuNpuBpREWQkxNOKbemDM7/view?usp=sharing

And please folks, any feedback is most welcome, its a bit disheartening when ya don't get feedback, good or bad.

Also, opening this up on Adobe seems to be making it come out weird, I've looked into it and apparently its something to do with adobe, it works fine on Foxit. I'm looking into fixes with regards to it coming out skewiff on Adobe though!
« Last Edit: 22 September 2020, 16:51:29 by marauder648 »

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
« Reply #47 on: 22 September 2020, 22:45:06 »
Thank you for adding mroe stuff. For me i'm bit overloaded, so much stuff i can't tell what new or not.

One thing:
Errant: Antares Fleet Tender (Clan) the BV and notes are mixed in

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #48 on: 25 November 2020, 05:22:49 »
A question regarding the Zhukov setting (the original one is here - https://bg.battletech.com/forums/fan-fiction/fan-xtro-project-zhukov/msg1563049/#msg1563049 ) would folks want to see more of this? I'm asking because these projects are a major investment in terms of time and money to get put together, and its a bit disheartening that its not discussed more and there's really not that much comment about it.

If you want to see more, tell me what :) Give me ideas, i've already got ideas for the 3rd book and have started on it, but depending on interest if I carry on with it.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #49 on: 25 November 2020, 06:41:29 »
I think their great products some of the units are really cool its an interesting setting idea
The below link leads to a wiki page created by Wrangler.  It has links to the various pages of my AU.

https://battletechfanon.fandom.com/wiki/Alternate_Timeline_with_Thanks

Takiro

• Lieutenant
  • BattleTech: Salient Horizon
    • Your BattleTech
« Reply #50 on: 25 November 2020, 06:51:21 »
I'd love to see one for every Clan ;)

namar13766

• Corporal
« Reply #51 on: 25 November 2020, 07:43:20 »
A question regarding the Zhukov setting (the original one is here - https://bg.battletech.com/forums/fan-fiction/fan-xtro-project-zhukov/msg1563049/#msg1563049 ) would folks want to see more of this? I'm asking because these projects are a major investment in terms of time and money to get put together, and its a bit disheartening that its not discussed more and there's really not that much comment about it.

If you want to see more, tell me what :) Give me ideas, i've already got ideas for the 3rd book and have started on it, but depending on interest if I carry on with it.

To be certain, the Zhukov setting has Project Nelson, Project Zhukov, Delranes Military Equipment - The Clans (3105 Update), and Delranes Fighting Ships 3061, right?

I'm interested in how this AU will differ from others like Salient Horizon in how history plays out. Are there going to be any major changes to the FedCom Civil War and Jihad? Will Sun Tzu's plot shields drop? Will the Wars of Grievance play out differently than the Refusal War?

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
« Reply #52 on: 25 November 2020, 07:45:49 »
I think its very interesting. I am a reader at heart. I would love to read field manual that would tie everything together.  A fan story tells the tale of these wonderful machines are being used in. Your TROs give hints of a story in a changed universe. 

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #53 on: 25 November 2020, 10:24:47 »
To be certain, the Zhukov setting has Project Nelson, Project Zhukov, Delranes Military Equipment - The Clans (3105 Update), and Delranes Fighting Ships 3061, right?

I'm interested in how this AU will differ from others like Salient Horizon in how history plays out. Are there going to be any major changes to the FedCom Civil War and Jihad? Will Sun Tzu's plot shields drop? Will the Wars of Grievance play out differently than the Refusal War?

I will answer those questions simply with Kosh saying... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7XfyyKYxnU&ab_channel=Vistico93

The Wars of Grievance are kicked off by the Refusal War but the anger at the Truce reaches a boiling point and it basically devolves into a free for all between the Clans, sometimes its just a spat of Trials. Other times its screaming, hair pulling and throwing Galaxies at one another. Will all the Clans survive this? No. Will it be as bad as the Wars of Reaving? No. What does it lead to? The Grand Abjurment.

namar13766

• Corporal
« Reply #54 on: 25 November 2020, 10:33:53 »
I will answer those questions simply with Kosh saying... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7XfyyKYxnU&ab_channel=Vistico93

The Wars of Grievance are kicked off by the Refusal War but the anger at the Truce reaches a boiling point and it basically devolves into a free for all between the Clans, sometimes its just a spat of Trials. Other times its screaming, hair pulling and throwing Galaxies at one another. Will all the Clans survive this? No. Will it be as bad as the Wars of Reaving? No. What does it lead to? The Grand Abjurment.

I'm pretty sure more Emergency War Refits are going to be expected in the next book, but they'd be also along the lines of the new configurations we see in the Recognition Guides.. So if Zhukov was combat Vehicles and Nelson was Aerospace Fighters and Warships...the third is going to be Battle Armor? or maybe drones? Or is it new stuff in the Inner Sphere?

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #55 on: 25 November 2020, 11:04:09 »
I'm pretty sure more Emergency War Refits are going to be expected in the next book, but they'd be also along the lines of the new configurations we see in the Recognition Guides.. So if Zhukov was combat Vehicles and Nelson was Aerospace Fighters and Warships...the third is going to be Battle Armor? or maybe drones? Or is it new stuff in the Inner Sphere?

I'll give some spoilers about the Wars of Grievance book

Its going to feature the Falcon/Wolf Conflict, Operation FRENZY, as well as mentioning other clashes between Clans including REDACTED and REDACTED and finally REDACTED.

Its going to feature Mech's from the Hellions, Burrocks as well as generalist Mechs for all the Clans and some IIC/C designs and more.

namar13766

• Corporal
« Reply #56 on: 25 November 2020, 13:04:16 »
I'll give some spoilers about the Wars of Grievance book

Its going to feature the Falcon/Wolf Conflict, Operation FRENZY, as well as mentioning other clashes between Clans including REDACTED and REDACTED and finally REDACTED.

Its going to feature Mech's from the Hellions, Burrocks as well as generalist Mechs for all the Clans and some IIC/C designs and more.

So does this mean the events that create Malvina Hazen's Mongol Philosophy is going to be sidelined?

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #57 on: 25 November 2020, 13:22:50 »
So does this mean the events that create Malvina Hazen's Mongol Philosophy is going to be sidelined?

I've not gone that far into the future, we've discussed the Fedcom civil war and how to change that by giving the actors involved in it A) a brain B) a spine.

The War of Grievance book will end with the Jaguar Annihilation, the Wars of Grievance burn themselves out by around 3058 but then something happens to make events move and are still being played out as Bulldog and Serpent is crushing the Smoke Jaguars.

namar13766

• Corporal
« Reply #58 on: 25 November 2020, 13:31:16 »
I've not gone that far into the future, we've discussed the Fedcom civil war and how to change that by giving the actors involved in it A) a brain B) a spine.

The War of Grievance book will end with the Jaguar Annihilation, the Wars of Grievance burn themselves out by around 3058 but then something happens to make events move and are still being played out as Bulldog and Serpent is crushing the Smoke Jaguars.

Ah...So will we see some new toys from/for the Society?

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #59 on: 25 November 2020, 13:35:56 »
Ah...So will we see some new toys from/for the Society?

Not for the forseeable future, if you want Society toys though I HUGELY recommend - https://bg.battletech.com/forums/fan-fiction/fan-xtro-the-society/