Register Register

Author Topic: Fate Can Be Cruel (Part Two)  (Read 57563 times)

Daryk

• Colonel
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: Fate Can Be Cruel (Part Two)
« Reply #690 on: 24 January 2021, 14:43:23 »
That's definitely a possibilty, though for Hegemony security to penetrate the Dragoons to that degree would be a feat for tha ages...

Starfox5

• Corporal
    • My Fanfictions
« Reply #691 on: 24 January 2021, 14:46:43 »
That's definitely a possibilty, though for Hegemony security to penetrate the Dragoons to that degree would be a feat for tha ages...

Why? I'd think it would be the other way around. The Clans haven't had any actual experience with spywork in literally centuries, and the Hegemony managed to conceal the existence of a huge realm from everyone in the Inner Sphere. How on earth are the Dragoons meant to compete with that?

Dave Talley

• Major
« Reply #692 on: 24 January 2021, 14:57:16 »
Simple,
Nobody broke thru the dragoons security, canonically at least, all it would take is a blood sample to prove clan origins of not
Resident Smartass since 1998
“Toe jam in training”

Because while the other Great Houses of the Star League thought they were playing chess, House Cameron was playing Paradox-Billiards-Vostroyan-Roulette-Fourth Dimensional-Hypercube-Chess-Strip Poker the entire time.
JA Baker

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #693 on: 24 January 2021, 14:59:48 »
 The biggest hurdle is the Dragoon's are not hiring outside their own yet. Plus, they DO have a secret to keep. So would be extra vigilant in safe guarding anything and everything. The Hegemony knows who they are, but are just keeping a close eye on them. Not saying that they are not actively trying to penetrate the Dragoon's security.

There has to be some surprises for the Hegemony when they meet the Clanner's.

It is not hard to "hide" a large realm when the area your in is reputed to be swarming with pirates and marauders. Hence every independent trader avoids the area like the plague. Since no raids come from that region of space, the Houses have no need to run any missions that way. Even if they did, they would probably send the closest command to do it, which is the Screaming Eagles, which just happen to be Hegemony. Plus when you hold sway over everyone's communications, it makes it fairly easy. If an intel officer did manage to get into the Hegemony, how the hell is anyone going to get his message traffic when the Hegemony control the flow of information?

Starfox5

• Corporal
    • My Fanfictions
« Reply #694 on: 24 January 2021, 14:59:59 »
Simple,
Nobody broke thru the dragoons security, canonically at least, all it would take is a blood sample to prove clan origins of not

And in this story's canon, no one caught on to the Hegemony's existence. Which means the Hegemony's security is at least as good as the Dragoon's - and they have more experience and vastly more people.

Daryk

• Colonel
« Reply #695 on: 24 January 2021, 15:02:58 »
The Dragoons fended off ROM in the canon timeline, which was far and away the BEST intelligence agency in canon (which is kind of a sad statement, really).  The Hegemony has an edge in that they've already taken in the Wolverines, so they actually KNOW what happened to the SLDF in exile.  It's much less of a leap to deduce the Dragoons are clan agents for them.  Their initial appearance rang alarm bells from one end of the Hegemony in Exile to the other...

EDIT: THREE posts since I started typing this had to be a record of some kind...  ::)

Seydlitz

• Private
« Reply #696 on: 24 January 2021, 15:08:21 »
Not necessarily, the Dragoons in canon did start recruiting outside their ranks after cutting off communications with the Clan Homeworlds sometime after the Marik Civil War. The most notorious example is Fadre Singh hired in 3020.
Therefore, it shouldn't be particularly difficult for Hegemony Security to engineer the seeming "disgrace" of a Screaming Eagle/secret agent in the multitude of raids/counter-raids that defined the final years of the 3rd Succession War.
Hey, it worked for Hanse Davion after all! And this would primarily be an intelligence gathering mission, not engineering the crushing defeat of House Liao. :D

Daryk

• Colonel
« Reply #697 on: 24 January 2021, 15:10:37 »
But... we're not up to the (most recent) Marik Civil War yet?  ???

Seydlitz

• Private
« Reply #698 on: 24 January 2021, 15:12:55 »
But... we're not up to the (most recent) Marik Civil War yet?  ???
2ndAcr did say a time skip is coming, 3018 if I remember correctly.

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #699 on: 24 January 2021, 15:15:55 »
 Well, we have until 3019/3020 until they begin recruiting outside folks. That was their last supply run to the Clan's and their orders got changed by Khan Kerlin Ward.

Yes, so you all know, time skip is about to occur. Very soon as a matter of fact.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #700 on: 24 January 2021, 15:28:00 »
Oh boy. Next chapter coming up. (I've been recording Part 2 offline and on the wiki)  I've been doing it by chapter/year. 3009 / 10 been it's own year.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Seydlitz

• Private
« Reply #701 on: 24 January 2021, 15:32:55 »
Btw, will the Hegemony be taking a close interest in the Raid on Halstead Station? If I remember correctly that was where Hanse Davion planted a rumor of a Star League Library to lure the Combine into a trap, but there really was a Star League Library there which he later used to found the NAIS? I think that's also where the technical specifications of the Devastator were found, an excellent ride for Hegemony Gunslingers don't you think? 8)

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #702 on: 24 January 2021, 15:59:21 »
18 January 3019
Thazi (Hegemony)

"I think I have you beat this time mom." Christina said as she plotted her next moves into the holo tank. On the display, a simulated battle was being played out, and her entered moves showed a Battlemech Battalion slowly flanking her opponent's defensive lines.

"You really think so Christina? How many times have you said those words only to have me trounce you at the last minute?" Commanding General Michelle Mitchell replied with a sly grin as she entered her own orders. The holo display changed as 2 previously hidden Armor Regiments began engaging the lone Battlemech Battalion of Christina's force.

"Shiiit, I thought I had all of your forces accounted for. What the hech, you have to be cheating." Christina said with a frown

"Language Christina. Your not too big that I cannot take a paddle to your backside. You have a bad habit of getting too cocky, you DID have all my forces located, 8 hours ago, but you pulled back your recon birds after I hammered them hard. That gave me the window I needed to redeploy them. Your still too predictable in your actions, you always go for a flanking move. You would have been better off driving that fresh Battalion right into my center, which is wavering but holding." Commanding General Michelle Mitchell replied

Both watched the holo simulation as Christina's Battlemech Battalion slowly crumbled under the massed fire of the Heavy Armor Regiments. When the far side started flashing, General Mitchell smiled "Surprise my dear."

Christina zoomed to the area and watched as a Hover Armor Regiment began slashing into her own flank supported by a Regiment of Ferret Power Armor. She muttered under her breath as her own flank began to crumble under the onslaught. "Every danged time. Every time I think I have you on the ropes you pull a rabbit out of your hat."

"Lost again, huh sis?" Sarah said with a laugh as she and Anastasia entered the room

"Yes, but at least I lasted longer than you did against her. Your too aggressive and she suckers you into a trap every time." Christina barked back

"Easy girls, your both getting very good. I have years at this but you both are coming along quickly. You both focus too hard on the Battlemech force and not on the supporting arms. Anastasia has you both beat there, she hold's her Battlemech's back letting her other forces do the heavy lifting. I always have to be careful against her, she sure loves her deep strikes." General Mitchell said

"Only because I don't get to play in the simulators like they do. But I do beat the crap out of them in infantry tactics and on the small arms ranges." Anastasia replied, getting her digs in.

"Battlemechs do not fear infantry. We step on them and they go SQUISH." Sarah said while Christina nodded

"You both need to check that attitude pretty quick. Infantry, especially armored infantry are something to be afraid of. The simulators do not do justice for the Ferret Power Armor. As good as they are, it is not good enough. You get a little older and I will take you into the field and let you both watch a true battle exercise and you will see Mechwarriors tread very carefully in any environment except where they can see for miles. A platoon of Ferret's massing their fire can bring down a Battlemech, even my own." General Michelle Mitchell said firmly

"Mom, question. Why do I have to take extra civics and government classes than either of them?" Anastasia asked

"Because you have a gift for it. Where both of your sisters are fire eaters, you have a gift for negotiations, more rational decisions than just, me see it me kill it. You have always enjoyed figuring out how to get what you want with the least amount of fuss, where as your sisters try to get it by hook and crook and where that fails, brute force. Your sisters are always trying to ditch their security, but you don't, you just wrap them around your finger and persuade them to let you go where you want. Not saying either of you are dumb, not in the least, all of you are extremely intelligent, to the point of being worrying." General Michelle Mitchell said

The holo display sounded a loud buzzer and started displaying the simulations casualty reports. "Damn sis, she kicked your butt bad." Sarah said with a laugh

"Yeah she did, but tomorrow is your turn and I plan to be here to watch every single second of your defeat." Christina replied

Daryk

• Colonel
« Reply #703 on: 24 January 2021, 16:25:38 »
Excellent update!  Nice to see the kids showing theire true colors, and Michelle handling the exactly right!  :thumbsup:

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #704 on: 24 January 2021, 18:06:39 »
At least the kids aren't as bad they were when they were 5.

Too bad Anastasia is stuck in her role as future Hegemony ruler.  Be surprise if she flip the tables on everyone.

Camerons were excellent warriors on their own in their day.  Heck naval officers too.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Shermpotter

• Recruit
« Reply #705 on: 24 January 2021, 20:23:12 »
2ndACR:  I have been rereading part one, and the vote total required in 2767 and there abouts was 80%.  I thought the 85% sounded a bit off.  I was wondering why no one else noticed it.

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #706 on: 24 January 2021, 21:18:11 »
 Probably because like me, we all forgot. Everything in my head told me it was 85%. But either way, the dice roll failed so the vote would have failed.

Thanks.

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #707 on: 24 January 2021, 23:39:37 »
19 January 3019
Thazi (Hegemony)

A low whistle followed by laughter "Man, talk about a serious butt kicking. Sis, I think you set a record for the quickest defeat ever." Christina said between giggles as they watched the holo display showing the exercise casualties.

"I think she cheats or the simulation is rigged. No way 5 Armor Regiments are going to hold the line that long against 3 Battlemech Regiments. Much less inflict the casualties that they did." Sarah hissed in disgust at her performance

"Sis, mom had 3 Regiments of Alacorn on that line. Your first Regiment died before it even reached their lines yet you threw your other 2 Regiments straight in. All the while, Mom had sent a Battlemech Battalion way around the lines and took out your supply, support and captured your Dropships. You had all your conventional troops swinging wide, but not moving fast enough. You got defeated in detail." Christina replied

"What hurts the most is she did not wait around for the end of the simulation. Just said "Better luck next time" as she walked out of the room. Where is she anyway?" Sarah asked

"In her office going over her message traffic. What did you expect, you did not even try to listen to what she said yesterday. You wanted to prove that the Battlemech is the king and nothing can defeat them. That was plain the moment your forces landed and you plowed them directly at her defensive lines. I think you hurt her by that action more than she did you by leaving the simulation." Christina said

"Your right, I let her down. I will do the dishes tonight before she even asks for help, try to make some amends. Where's Anastasia?" Sarah replied

"In our room studying, says she has a big test tomorrow and has to focus." Christina said

"How about you and me run another simulation. You play mom's side, your better than me anyway. I have a week before I take her on again, I want to impress her, so I need to work on using my conventional troops better." Sarah replied

"Okay, but you better focus and I will try to help you out, but you better listen." Christina said as she started resetting the simulation.

In her office, Commanding General Michelle Mitchell could both see and hear what was transpiring in the "war room" as everyone called it when she had ordered it built. She smiled at the conversation, she was proud of all her girls, even when they failed, she was proud of them. She returned to looking over the current unit reports. Everything was coming along right on schedule. She focused on V Corps 541st Battle Regiment, which had been activated way ahead of schedule.

The core of the Regiment was formed around the command brought in from the Tortuga Dominions. They had all undergone almost 2 years of remedial training, bringing them up to speed on Hegemony standards. Brigadier General Frank Baxter commanding. With the expanded structure of the Independent Regiments, she had brought the rank of Brigadier General out of a long retirement. Colonel Jillian Mathews was his XO and they had aced their recent readiness exam.

The 541st Battle Regiment consisted of a Battlemech Regiment, Infantry Regiment (2 Nighthawk Batt, 1 Ferret Batt) and a Aerospace Group. Fully staffed and equipped with state of the art Hegemony equipment. She smiled inwardly at the memory of her first meeting with the new comers and their awed excitement at their new equipment, followed by their frowns when she said they were all going back to school. But they had all performed well in their training.

Seydlitz

• Private
« Reply #708 on: 25 January 2021, 02:09:37 »
Are you going to revise the Hegemony rank structure now that you have added Brigadier General even though the SLDF didn't use it. Which I've always thought was pretty stupid oversight on the part of FASA when they originally developed it.
Here's the basic rundown of General officer ranks if not familiar with it.

General(4-star) Army Commander
Lieutenant General(3-star) Corps Commander
Major General(2-star) Division Commander
Brigadier General(1-star) Brigade Commander

You know, maybe add some armor and artillery to the 541st and you get a rough comparison to a US Army Brigade Combat Team.

vianca

• Corporal
« Reply #709 on: 25 January 2021, 02:58:17 »
Now, Vianca......The Hegemony uses Slip Stream technology for their warships. They already have Newgrange that can travel 950LY in a week time for any repairs. They have smaller Builder Yardships for close in work. System defense is mainly Bastion Stations, backed by the Hegemony Navy.

Most of what you posted is already wide spread. They still have Nighthawk Power Armor, their own light BA in the Ferret (though it is called Power Armor). Most weaponry is already Clan Spec, except PPC and Pulse Laser. They have not progressed much on the PPC since the ER Large Laser is such a vast improvement over everything.
If you re-read what I wrote, you will see I said they had better, but Amaris never layed his hands on the tech I brought up.
Else he would have fielded it.

Yeah, their Newgranges have the superjump, same way as their original Potemkins.
But they also created a super-Potemkin, for super-long jumps.
So why not a super-Newgrange?
I also know they have what is basically a faslane(?), which have reduced production capabilities, on everything.
Hence that second one, fast production of massive quantities of say, endo-steel I beams, without having to bring in any modular station modules.
Thus me saying a upscaled Snowden, if with M-9 styled construction docks.
Sure you can bring in a bucket load of Snowdens to supply their Faslane variant....
But thought that this way you can use those farrie dropships as the mining dropships, while upscaling the amount of metal beams, bars and plate are produced in high quantity.
That should let their Faslane variant concentrate more on the technology side of things, as well.

So you say it's widespread to combine the four different uniforms into one single one, with all the abillities of the four of them?
Or able to keep wearing it, while putting on, say, Battle Armor?

If the Hegemony has Manei Domini level of artificial body replacement technology or not, I would not know, since the story did not talk about it.
But I thought Manei Domini stuff was better then the Star Lague stuff ever was.
Since that is something Comstar still is willing to give people they treat in their hospitals, as far as I know.
I do wonder if they ever solved the problem of attaching new limbs to the old bones or not.
Today we are close to solving it.
If they have not, then I get why WoB did not mind the Manei Domini long term mental problems, so much.

Still, I only brought up the Skinwalker, in that as long as the pilot is plugged in, it can handel lossing it's Gyro.
Now what is a tail used for?
We humans still have a tailbone, even if the tail is long gone, learning to use it like that, probably needs a dice, though.
That it allows creating those mini-mechs the Clans ended up making, without the negatives...
Would need a whole new simulator design, in order to learn using tail balance, I bet.
Well, unless they can use a modified ASF simulator for this.
A security rule could be, tailbone implant needed to be detected, for Gyro start-up, basically, a Tail IFF.

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #710 on: 25 January 2021, 17:48:37 »
2 February 3019
Azur (Hegemony)

"Professor Hamley?" the voice of Amber sounded from the speakers

"Yes Amber?" Professor Hamley replied

"I have completed the Gene study on the people of Frobisher. Would you like to hear the results?" Amber said

"Very much so, please go ahead, but also save everything for the record please." Professor Hamley replied pulling out a note pad.

"Recording conversation. Studying the recovered data core allowed me to not only learn what HAD been done, but also to develop a possible solution. I had to cross reference with information from genetic research and advancements from Clan Wolverine records. It is my estimation that it is impossible to correct the current people of Frobisher genetics, but it should be possible to correct future changes to those not yet conceived. It will take some genetic splicing to correct faulty genetics in those of child bearing age and those still underage to prevent the faulty genes from being passed on. It is my estimation that within 2 generations, the new borns will be returned to the original state and intent of the program. I also performed a study and have determined that if the people wanted their future offspring to return to a full normal human state, that it is possible, but not for those already living. It would require a more extensive genetic splicing to remove all non human DNA sequences." Amber said

"So we would have to work on all the Frobisher people to bring their genetics back in line with the program intent?" Professor Hamley asked

"That is correct Professor Hamley. It would be a very extensive procedure and would require assitance from genetic scientists from the Wolverine's. Even though I have access to their genetic research, as do Hegemony scientists, they have an active genetic program and would be very much in demand for this project." Amber stated

"Please transfer your findings to a data storage device so that I can transfer the information to the project team." Professor Hamley said

"Very well Professor, transferring information now, transfer will take 2 hours and is being loaded onto external drive Alpha One." Amber said

Thazi (Hegemony)

A shot cracked out and the round hit dead center of the bulls eye on the 300 meter target. "Excellent shot. Your getting close to the point where you might challenge the range record." Master Sergeant Paddy O'Blane said

"Your a good teacher Master Sergeant." Anastasia replied, beaming at the praise from her favorite instructor

"It is not the teacher as much as it is the student my dear. You going to take up the Infantry when your of age?" Master Sergeant Paddy O'Blane asked

"I sure would like to give it a try." Anastasia replied, but if she had her way, it would not be as a normal grunt but piloting a Ferret Power Suit.

"You have the skills for it. Too many talk down about the Infantry, but without us grunts, no one would be able to hold onto anything once it is captured. Plus there are just times when only the Infantry can do the mission." Master Sergeant Paddy O'Blane said with a smile

A string of shots range out down the gunnery range followed by a "Damn girl, some day you might be able to hit the inside of a barn if we close the door for you." Sergeant Filicia Denessay yelled "You might be a threat inside a crowded elevator."

Anastasia burst out in laughter, she knew it was Christina down that way. Sarah was over on the pistol range. She always enjoyed the small arms range time, it was the one area she was heads and shoulders above her sisters.

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #711 on: 25 January 2021, 18:56:16 »
11 September 3019
Deep Space (Uninhabited)

At the Zenith Jump Point of the uninhabited system, 12 Jumpships bearing the colors of Wolfs Dragoons hung in space with their jump sails deployed. Roughly 5,000Km from them, hung a similar fleet of Jumpships, but at the head was CWS Dire Wolf Sovetskii Soyuz Heavy Cruiser. Between them were Dropships shuttling equipment, supplies and replacement personnel. Aboard CWS Dire Wolf, Colonel Jaime Wolf and Khan Kerlin Ward watched the movements of the Dropships.

"Your mission is being changed Jaime. I have fear that once the invasion begins, Clan forces will roll right over the Inner Sphere. Your reports indicate that the Houses have fallen much further than even we predicted. I am tasking you and your people to train the forces of the Inner Sphere, get them ready for the coming storm. Aboard some of those Dropships are the specifications, design information and tooling for the most advanced Omnimechs fielded. This will allow you to equip your people and meet the coming invasion on an equal footing. No one else will know of this mission. Only I can change your orders. This will be our last meeting. Do you understand?" Khan Kerlin Ward said

"Aff my Khan. Even if your orders mean that my Dragoon's might have to face Clan Wolf?" Colonel Jaime Wolf replied

"Even if you must face Clan Wolf forces. We have 12 years until your mission was to end, I can hold the Grand Council off until then. After that, I am not so sure." Khan Kerlin Ward said

"Then I might have to speed up my original mission in order to determine which House to focus my attention upon. I think the Draconis Combine is going to be my best bet. They are the most militant." Colonel Jaime Wolf replied

Daryk

• Colonel
« Reply #712 on: 25 January 2021, 19:22:07 »
Jaime is in for the disappointment of his life...  ::)

Dave Talley

• Major
« Reply #713 on: 25 January 2021, 19:46:10 »

yep
most militant but least flexible in thinking, except for the capellans
Resident Smartass since 1998
“Toe jam in training”

Because while the other Great Houses of the Star League thought they were playing chess, House Cameron was playing Paradox-Billiards-Vostroyan-Roulette-Fourth Dimensional-Hypercube-Chess-Strip Poker the entire time.
JA Baker

namar13766

• Sergeant
« Reply #714 on: 25 January 2021, 19:57:33 »

Just wait until the Dragoons find out about the Hegemony and/or Wolverines. They'd better have doctors on hand for all the heart attacks it'll cause. ;D

Iron Grenadier

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #715 on: 25 January 2021, 21:52:19 »
So what exactly is the state of the Inner Sphere now? Didn't the Hegemony save a good number of "smart" people from ComStar's shenanigans? Especially in the FedSun's?

ThePW

• Warrant Officer
  • One post down, a thousand to go...
« Reply #716 on: 25 January 2021, 22:27:08 »
I would be less concerned about the Houses (they seem to be following cannon for the most part). What I'm curious about is Explorer Corps. Is the Hegemony Intelligence acutely aware of their mandate and, more importantly, operational tempo?

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #717 on: 25 January 2021, 23:00:38 »
 The Houses are pretty well canon, EXCEPT for the following:

Fed Suns - Outback region is not the backwater as canon. Bastrop, Kilbourne and Farnsworth maintain the regions need for highly skilled and educated people. The Fed Suns managed to maintain much of it's water purification abilities and ability to maintain it's Star League era environmental systems.

Fed Suns also has the largest Jumpship construction ability of all the Houses and Comstar. While not anywhere near Star League era, it allows the Fed Suns economy and military a greater agility than canon.

Hegemony operations to counter Comstar's Holy Shroud allowed the various Houses to not degrade quite as bad as canon due to loss of their best and brightest. While military tech is pretty much canon, all Houses are better off on the civilian side of things than canon.

Interstellar Expeditions is fully controlled and staffed by the Hegemony, the Explorer Corps, while not fully controlled by the Hegemony, the region of space from the Draconis Combine down to Outworlds Alliance and across to the Magistracy of Canopus is fully controlled by Hegemony personnel embedded into Comstar. Other area's still have a large part under Hegemony control.

Hegemony controls 70% of ROM, mainly in Counterintelligence, Security, Information and Analysis and a large part of Covert Operations.

In roads have also been made by Hegemony Security to infiltrate the Com Guard with a primary focus on gaining access to Comstar's Warship fleet.

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #718 on: 26 January 2021, 00:07:02 »
27 September 3019
New Valencia (Federated Suns)

"Your application seems to be in order. I am curious, why did you leave Mitchell Industries? According to your resume, I cannot see them letting you go easily." Kruger Lemire, CEO Blackwell Industries asked

"After the attack in 3009, in which I lost my family, I just could not focus on my work. Everywhere I went or looked brought back memories. I felt I was a drain on them, so I tendered my resignation in 3013. I spent the last 5 years just bouncing around, seeing the sights and such. But now my funds have run low and it is time to get back to work. I applied at some of the larger firms, but never got a decent offer. So I applied to Blackwell." Harry Sloan replied

"I am sorry for your loss. I heard they took some bad losses. I appreciate your honesty and hope I did not dredge up any bad memories." Kruger Lemire said

"No sir, I have managed to get my head screwed on right over the last few years. It still hurts, but I can function now and even speak of it." Harry Sloan replied

"Well then, let me be the first to say welcome to Blackwell Industries. As you know, we are the primary supplier for Wolfs Dragoons and our small Battlemech line is exclusive to them. But I am always trying to expand our capabilities so am always on the look out for talent. Your still young so I think you can plan on a very long career here at Blackwell Industries. I will warn you, many of my engineers pull double duty over at our vehicle production facility, I hope that will not be a deal breaker." Kruger Lemire said

"Thank you sir. I will give you my very best and no, I will go where ever you need me. I am always willing to learn different things." Harry Sloan replied with a broad smile. After years trying to penetrate the Dragoons themselves, Hegemony Security had finally decided to infiltrate their primary contractor. Harry Sloan had spent 6 long hard years training at Mitchell Industries to learn the craft of a Battlemech Engineer as a cover story. But his primary job was as an active agent of Hegemony Security. In his apartment, he had a secure fax machine for communication back home.

Artifex

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #719 on: 26 January 2021, 03:29:42 »
Aaaannnnd there we go. Wolf Dragoons have been penetrated.  :thumbsup: >:D >:D

Register