Register Register

Author Topic: Looking to add more fan made TROs/Sourcebooks to Battletech Fandom Wiki  (Read 8275 times)

Red Pins

• Captain
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
Well - Dropbox has an option for anybody to download, right?

It didn't work for what I wanted, but if a couple people opened accounts (or one opening a couple) you  could use that.

Any other concerns?
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
Glitter - the herpes of the craft supply world.

Hairbear541

• Master Sergeant
thanks maingunnery for running that tro down , i thought i had all the downloads from lotb .

BigAl

• Corporal
Has the Built for War fan TRO been made available? Also where can I download the TRO-Clan-Burrock,  TRO- NB,and TRO- NB2 ?

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Has the Built for War fan TRO been made available? Also where can I download the TRO-Clan-Burrock,  TRO- NB,and TRO- NB2 ?
Your in luck with Built for war TRO. Look at the infobox (at top) you will see words DOWNLOAD LINK.
Unlike the nuts and bolt books it does have a place to download from.

Any book i put on the wiki that has download source, i will always put download link which will look light blue.
« Last Edit: 18 January 2020, 14:27:59 by Wrangler »
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Well - Dropbox has an option for anybody to download, right?

It didn't work for what I wanted, but if a couple people opened accounts (or one opening a couple) you  could use that.

Any other concerns?
I think it maybe because dropbox is not setup sometimes for public use. To prevent people from inserting say virus ware into the dropbox. I've used downloading one too, but there finite of room.  Its pain.  I wish i could set up a google thing or something that's not so fickle.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Hairbear541

• Master Sergeant
bigal send me your email and i'll send them direct to you .

Red Pins

• Captain
 ;D

Or, you could see me an email address, and I could send an invite to share my collection with you...
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!

M-Rex

• Lieutenant
  • In Ferro, Veritas.
Would anyone have a link to Project: Dark Phoenix?

"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered his last round...

"Carrying stuff may be a sign of improper utilization of your minions." - 'Freelance Writer' Paul

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Would anyone have a link to Project: Dark Phoenix?
I only have the listing for the TRO on the wiki.  I have been looking at the stuff i was given to add to the wiki (I'm still adding things, I'm not terribly fast.) The Dark Phoenix was copied over years ago when Sarna purged fandom off.  Its listed but no links.  I am trying currently find it for you and for the wiki for everyone. 

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Current Status of the Battletech Fanon Wiki

We have a google cloud to back up the fanon if there no direct link to the original source.

These links are what listing the wiki have. Many I added, some from previous editors and what Sarna.net transferred over. These links are categories that will bring you directly to a page.

Index to Fan Fiction Story - Serial Fan Stories.
Stand alone stories
Fan Made Technical Readouts - Not all are here. Many have links to download or where they can be accessed.
Fan Source Books- Including the expansion of Wars of Aflame, Shattered Dawn, Big Book of Primitive JumpShips, Army Reports, Field Manual: The Outer Colonies, and more
Videos - Stuff inspired by Battletech posted mainly on youtube that linked to the wiki to make it easier to fine. 
Characters Profiles - Listing of characters/npcs made by fans
PC Games Smallest of the stuff note, some of the games are defunct, but I've also listed video game & mods. 

If people know stuff missing, i do have some stuff I'm trying post, please let me know.  I am so fast and technically alone doing this.  There is periodically fans who post their own stuff, with amazing detail still on there regarding the Military commands & individual Mech/fighter/BattleArmor, Warships are also listed as well.  Many are from the fan stories, some posted from TROs, some are people's random postings.  I've given some of them (if they didn't have one) art work., which i do list as well on the wiki.

Daryk

• Colonel
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Wrangler: if you want any of the stuff linked in my sig block, please just credit me (and Matt Plog where appropriate).

Intermittent_Coherence

• Lieutenant
The one from drakensis' Davion and Davion comes to mind...

Daryk

• Colonel
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Davion and Davion Deceased is definitely one of the best stories posted to this board!  :thumbsup:

CVB

• Warrant Officer
The one from drakensis' Davion and Davion comes to mind...

Seems to be there already.
*"But we don't play Battletech to have Simple" - NavPoint

I'm willing to suspend my disbelief, but I'm not willing to hang it by the neck until it's dead, dead, dead!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Scorpio Ascendant
https://bg.battletech.com/forums/fan-fiction/scorpio-ascendant/

The Cameron Legacy: The Fall of the Star League
https://bg.battletech.com/forums/fan-fiction/the-cameron-legacy-the-fall-of-the-star-league-(repost)/

both of the above are from master arminas

Along Came A Spider by drakensis
https://bg.battletech.com/forums/fan-fiction/along-came-a-spider/

The Kapteyn Universe by Blacknova
https://bg.battletech.com/forums/fan-fiction/the-kapteyn-universe-the-other-option-books-1-2-3/

Could all be added
Kapteyn Universe is there. Links are goes too ourbattletech. Link for Lap is under AU.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
So it should be noted, some of the older entries links which went to Media fire cloud storage appear have gone bad.

I had back up, so those links have been fixed and redirect to copies of the TROs in the Cloud.

These include:
TRO: Built For War
XTRO: Society
TRO: 3150 Lyran Commonwealth Supplemental (I've added link to the older TRO: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth as well]

Kasaga

• Warrant Officer
    • Project: LEGION (An AU by Kasaga)
Link in bio for all of the Project: LEGION stuff released so far.  Should all be there for download if it isn't let me know and I will send you a link for it.

Maingunnery

• Major
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

Fan XTRO: The Society

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
I'll get on it tonight take care some of these. I try to pace myself, Kasaga, do you have name for your AU? I'm not reading quite yet, but i'm labelling things so they don't get jumbled.  I assumed it's Legion AU

Kasaga

• Warrant Officer
I'll get on it tonight take care some of these. I try to pace myself, Kasaga, do you have name for your AU? I'm not reading quite yet, but i'm labelling things so they don't get jumbled.  I assumed it's Legion AU

I just started running with Project: LEGION and haven't changed it.

Godspar Games

• Recruit
Yo, I have MANY designs that were going to be included in the Aries Games and Minis TRO, which I am pretty sure is all but vaporware. Lots of slick fighters and mechs, lots of rich history and fluff. No art, sadly, that was the phase where the project had ground to a halt (curse you, COVID!).

You talking about THAT kinda stuff?

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Yo, I have MANY designs that were going to be included in the Aries Games and Minis TRO, which I am pretty sure is all but vaporware. Lots of slick fighters and mechs, lots of rich history and fluff. No art, sadly, that was the phase where the project had ground to a halt (curse you, COVID!).

Its shame no art, but you can make into a PDF and put into one book and stuff.  Many of the individual articles for BattleMechs, Fighters, Etc. Sometimes i find pictures for the articles.There are projects with no art.  I've given pictures of covers from free sources or donated. Something i cobble up myself. 

Example is the Naval Archive, if you use download link you won't find any art. It's stats book.  I think best is to make sure it has some organized and wrap it together like PDF or Google Dock. 

Red Pins

• Captain

His layout guy went AWOL, more than once apparently.  Last I checked he was looking into paying somebody like Marauder648(?).

Hairbear541

• Master Sergeant
evening gents , i think i just might have quite a few of the fan TRO"s that are being looked for . been collecting them for quite some while now . please put up a list of what is being looked for and by whom . already emailed quite a few out several months ago .
ps to maingunnery , thanks for the download link for dark phoenix , its now in my stand alone drive with all the other goodies .had  been looking for it for a long while now .
Hairbear541

Red Pins

• Captain
Hmm. It occurs to me, that maybe I should contribute my own projects.  No idea why I didn't think of that before.  I guess I just don't consider than good enough.

Kasaga

• Warrant Officer
Hmm. It occurs to me, that maybe I should contribute my own projects.  No idea why I didn't think of that before.  I guess I just don't consider than good enough.

Don't sell yourself short bud.

Red Pins

• Captain
Yeah.  I've come to terms with the fact most of my projects are dead ends.  But, I enjoy them so its not a total loss.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Some of the projects were never finished, so i warn people if that's the case. The last of the Kapteyn Universe books were added, but last books were incompleted.  Missing stats, some cases some art missing.

For me, i try include completed/mostly completed stuff.  Cannonshop has some stories he dropped, but most stories are there for example.

Register