Register Register

Author Topic: Self Configuring Modular Robot.  (Read 29336 times)

Korzon77

• Captain
Re: Self Configuring Modular Robot.
« Reply #510 on: 30 June 2022, 19:05:03 »
You know, I was thinking--there might actually be a lot of salvageable people in the LC on the corruption thing. Because evidently its normalized corruption just the Way things Are. Everyone takes a little bit, because that's how its done.

So a lot of people who were just taking their cut might actually be horrified when they realize that they've been part of a system literally destroying the LC.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #511 on: 30 June 2022, 19:23:09 »
Those are the people who will survive and prosper after their punishment...  ^-^

Euphonium

• Captain
  • Look Ma, no Faction!
« Reply #512 on: 30 June 2022, 21:24:12 »
You've put WAY too much thought in to this...  ::)

You say that like it's a bad thing...
>>>>[You're only jealous because the voices don't talk to you]<<<<

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #513 on: 01 July 2022, 03:18:44 »
Which I definitely did NOT say!  8)

Wereling

• Master Sergeant
  • Professional Fool
« Reply #514 on: 01 July 2022, 10:26:28 »
So anyone converted to SCMR-bodies would likely have a sensor within them to detect an upcoming KF jump and put themselves on standby, waking up when the jump is complete.  Li-F double-jumps might cause an issue, until the next program update to handle double-jumps.

My only concern there is that shutting down parts of the brain for a jump may not be possible, depending on things like what parts of the brain are being handled synthetically and the startup time of the synthetic parts.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #515 on: 01 July 2022, 21:15:51 »
Eh, we sleep every day...  8)

cklammer

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #516 on: 02 July 2022, 07:59:03 »
 ... yes but while we sleep parts of our brains definitely are not running out of our nose as reddish-grey goo ...  >:D

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
« Reply #517 on: 02 July 2022, 09:35:56 »
... yes but while we sleep parts of our brains definitely are not running out of our nose as reddish-grey goo ...  >:D

Now you tell me...
"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl."
-Frederick the Great

"Ultima Ratio Regis" ("The Last Resort of the King")
- Inscription on cannon barrel, 18th century

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #518 on: 02 July 2022, 09:50:45 »
I'm not gonna write that death scene, but you guys all cottoned on to the fact Lizzie's fate in THIS universe is the worst one yet.
"If you have to ask permission, then it's no longer a Right, it has been turned into a Privilege-something that can be and will be taken from you when convenient."

cklammer

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #519 on: 02 July 2022, 10:00:10 »
That's fine - apparently most of us have vivid imaginations anyway ...  ::)

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #520 on: 07 July 2022, 21:17:47 »
So I was watching Strange Evidence on the Science Channel tonight

and they talked about Claytronics and  Smart Dust.  And all I thought of was this story.
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #521 on: 08 July 2022, 02:40:48 »
That's pretty much where Cannonshop was going, yep!  8)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #522 on: 02 August 2022, 08:36:42 »
I've finished archiving/reposting the story to the BattleTech Fanon Wiki for safe keeping.  So it will be there for folks to read.

---Readers Cap On---

I like the story, it seemed to get lost by 3055.  Inner Sphere has totally forgot the Machine Plague that was consuming the Inner Sphere planet by planet. Then we don't hear anything about it. It gone...not mentioned again.  That part little upsetting/disappointing.   Ngo could have been used as key to allow plague to stop or there could been epic fight or something.  Raider war against the Clans & Elizabeth's struggle try fend off the virus seem take center stage sort of.  Its about her of course, but the main threat was dropped.  That's disappointing.

I wish there was more, Elizabeth's ending is fine with me. 
----Readers Cap Off---
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki