Register Register

Author Topic: OPERATION LANCASTER - Complete BattleTech Fan Project (Downloads & Launch Video)  (Read 9269 times)

Shadow_Wraith

• Lieutenant
awesome and thank you!

DOC_Agren

• Major
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Sumaire_STi

• Private
awesome and thank you!

Most certainly welcome! I'm really happy that most seem to be enjoying this project. :)

Sumaire_STi

• Private
Operation Lancaster News (Finally!)

- Art Pack Download Available!: I finally got off my butt and put this together, admittedly based on a download pack I made originally for the Black Pants Legion to use as they see fit in their future Tex Talks BattleTech videos (hence at least part of the organization it uses). Unless I somehow screwed up, this includes the entire complete art set for the project, including Full Resolution Cover Art by Alan Blackwell and Acala III art by Pyralis--the two gigantic full-color art pieces commissioned for Operation Lancaster. It also includes clean line-art of the individual units by Matt Plog (for those of you who like making coloring books!), as well as desktop wallpapers and unit insignias by Matt Maeda!

For the longest time I was unsure how to approach this, but hopefully you will enjoy this! Beware, the whole .RAR file is about 445 MB, so it's a big file, but as stated, there's a LOT in it!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2v82g7dy0avcfjz/BattleTech%20-%20OpLancaster%20Art%20Collection.rar?dl=0
« Last Edit: 28 June 2022, 07:26:38 by Sumaire_STi »

Sumaire_STi

• Private
Hey, all.

First off, I'd like to thank everyone who has enjoyed this project and spread word about it. I know it's nothing in the grand scheme of things, but for me it's rather special:
The Operation Lancaster video on Youtube hit 10k views a couple of weeks ago!

Most of the community that even paid any attention to this project has likely since moved on, but since it keeps coming up in conversation here and there, I have a question for those who may be interested:

Would you like to see a followup to this story, which would continue to follow the lives of the main characters?

Or do you believe it's better to just leave this alone, move on, and stick to the original plan of this being a self-contained story?

As mentioned, Operation Lancaster was meant as a self-contained project/story, but I left room for possible future expansion on it--and even left a couple of things unmentioned in the project itself. For instance, in the case of the D.B.C. Integrity and the two WarShips mentioned as nearing completion at the end of the project's internal timeline (3085), the plan I have these three ships is for none of them to have functional K-F Drives (limiting them to defensive roles only, which means that just the D.B.C. Phoenix and D.B.C. Theris are capable of traveling beyond the Acala system). The main reason why this isn't mentioned in the project itself is because it's not something that others are yet aware of in-universe. That and I didn't want to set this in stone in case for whatever reason the future storyline demanded that they be jump capable--highly unlikely, but I didn't want to completely slam that door shut prematurely, since I didn't have anything planned out.

I have a couple-few fledgling ideas, but nothing really concrete. Not making any promises or anything. I'm just really curious if there's even the slightest bit of desire for such a thing, and what people feel about it.
« Last Edit: 20 July 2022, 06:42:04 by Sumaire_STi »

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
I'd like see full scale novella or fan story with it.  To give the AU more personal connection.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Sumaire_STi

• Private
I'd like see full scale novella or fan story with it.  To give the AU more personal connection.

I'm curious, now that you've mentioned a novella. Would you prefer that over, say, an anthology of more short stories like the ones already included in the project? (I'm not pushing for either, I just hadn't thought of doing a novella before, as that would be a larger single narrative story than anything I've written before! :D )

Please do keep in mind that this would be for post-3085/post-OpLancaster. I don't really want to rehash the events that have already been described (after five years of working on OpLancaster itself, I'm *done* working on those events, haha!). ;D