Register Register

Author Topic: The Federated Sun's Reborn Part TWO  (Read 54607 times)

paulobrito

• Master Sergeant
Re: The Federated Sun's Reborn Part TWO
« Reply #930 on: 25 September 2020, 14:42:43 »
That is a decent-ish plan - provided that the BDS don't start interfering because they decided that the coordinator is a coward for not start immediately another war against the decadent Davions.

thtadthtshldntb

• Sergeant
« Reply #931 on: 25 September 2020, 15:00:03 »
With what little he has left, he should not be much of a challenge for the Bears.

PsihoKekec

• Captain
  • Your spleen, give it to me!
« Reply #932 on: 25 September 2020, 16:03:44 »
DCMS is badly battered, but they can still bog down the Bears if they try to push deep into Combine.
Shoot first, laugh later.

Atlan

• Sergeant
« Reply #933 on: 25 September 2020, 17:32:09 »
And of course, while we're all talking about his crop of child soldiers, we're not talking about the fact that Minoru is also expanding his industrial output to make sure he has the mechs for them- as in, 4+ regiments of mechs a year. Another long-term investment that will pay out very well.

Chris OFarrell

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #934 on: 25 September 2020, 18:26:31 »
Of course when Victor started his 'Build me an army, worthy of Mordor!' thing and snapped his fingers to have factories built, he still had a realm that was intact. And ready after years of prep work in the 3030s, 3040s and 3050s thanks to major investment (and Lyran money) to start expanding its industrial base.

The Combines economy has been squeezed like that tube of toothpaste you KNOW has just a little bit more in it becuase you keep forgetting to buy a new tube, for a very long time now. And our beloved Coordinator just lost to Victor many of his key industrial sites, so its not like he can simply expand existing sites and then siphon off their workforces over time to build entirely new ones, this is starting from scratch. Plus of course more than a few of the sites he still owns, especially for starship construction, are heavily damaged.

Meanwhile in the Federated Suns, every year there is a presentation to Prince Victor about how much bigger the Federated Suns Military-Industrial complex is this year compared to last year and Victor after being blown away, just gets up, dusts himself off and demands 'More!'
"I, the Baron of Strang, care not for your new names. Clans? Jade Falcons? I call you by your true name: Scum of the Star League, traitors of free will, persecutors of the Periphery come back to lord it over freedom-loving people. Come ahead, you steel-eyed robots! Come ahead and taste what a million like-minded people think of you and your damn Clans!"

-Baron Stepan Von Strang

Billy Boy Mark II

• Lieutenant
« Reply #935 on: 25 September 2020, 18:39:57 »
Of course when Victor started his 'Build me an army, worthy of Mordor!' thing and snapped his fingers to have factories built, he still had a realm that was intact. And ready after years of prep work in the 3030s, 3040s and 3050s thanks to major investment (and Lyran money) to start expanding its industrial base.

The Combines economy has been squeezed like that tube of toothpaste you KNOW has just a little bit more in it becuase you keep forgetting to buy a new tube, for a very long time now. And our beloved Coordinator just lost to Victor many of his key industrial sites, so its not like he can simply expand existing sites and then siphon off their workforces over time to build entirely new ones, this is starting from scratch. Plus of course more than a few of the sites he still owns, especially for starship construction, are heavily damaged.

Meanwhile in the Federated Suns, every year there is a presentation to Prince Victor about how much bigger the Federated Suns Military-Industrial complex is this year compared to last year and Victor after being blown away, just gets up, dusts himself off and demands 'More!'

It's not just the industrial sites he's lost. It's the planets that supplied the raw materials, components, etc... Not much good having a battlemech factory that produces Panthers if the electronics that stabilise the jump jets are now built in Davion space.

You have hit the nail right on the head regarding the FedSuns. Not only was the realm intact, but for the previous 20-30 years it had had no major fighting within it's core areas (and very little even on the fringes), the government care of the NAIS had been investing in tech, money had flowed into the realm from the Lyran half of the FedCom and then suddenly they had a First Prince who thought "hey this investing thing might be a good idea..."

And for the first time probably since the Star League the Outback is actually seeing standards of living expand. Hell not just go up a bit, but seriously go up. Their worlds are suddenly GOOD investments. There are less pirates. More troops to guard them. More jobs. More demand for raw materials closer to home and foodstuffs. More jumpships and dropships to carry them. Skilled workers from the "inner worlds" can now be tempted to actually move to the Outback - sure you might take a small hit to your wages, but your cash will go further and there's room to grow out there, a skilled doctor or engineer can write his own ticket and probably buy up some land build a house twice as large as he could get on New Avalon, hell maybe three times. And with the growing jumpship fleet you don't have to worry about your kids not getting an education out there - the local schools are getting better and better and when your kids are ready for uni, well New Avalon and the other Golden Worlds universities are a LOT closer via jumpships and jumpstations than they were even ten years ago.

To use a real world example I once was dating an East Coast of America med student (long distance relationships suck btw :D) and she was telling me how once she graduated if she agreed to spend 3-5 years out in the midwest "square states" she could pay of her student debts and have a fair bit of cash spare as she'd be paid 3 times as much out there. Now I don't know how accurate that was but it seemed plausible when she explained it. An outback world might not be able to pay a top doctor or engineer three times a salary - but the cost of living is a lot lower.

Hawkeye Jim

• Captain
  • I'm small but sneaky
« Reply #936 on: 25 September 2020, 19:05:20 »
Funny thing about that med school thing, we here in Iowa keep sending our excess med school graduates to the poorer states in the South and East.... :D

Cannonshop

• Major
« Reply #937 on: 26 September 2020, 13:26:08 »
Funny thing about that med school thing, we here in Iowa keep sending our excess med school graduates to the poorer states in the South and East.... :D

everywhere, everyone sees somewhere else as a greener pasture.  it's human nature.
The core rules for interacting with me:

1.) I am not a moderator, game developer, member of Cryptic staff, relative of any members of cryptic staff, not close friends with anyone involved with the game, not a distributor of product, not an employee, employer, professional reviewer, or member of any powerful conspiracies.  What I think is my own and has no impact on the Battletech franchise in any way, shape, or form.

2) If you don't like something I've said, refer to rule 1.  If you do, god help you poor soul, you're screwed up.

Billy Boy Mark II

• Lieutenant
« Reply #938 on: 28 September 2020, 17:48:44 »
3072 - March - Interlude: A family reunion

Ducal Palace

Tikograd

Kazan

Tikonov

Achernar PDZ

League March

Federated Suns

"So this is what you ran away from Paul? I can see why! I mean who would want to be stuck living in the lap of luxury with your every whim catered too!" Major Sandy Reich chuckled as she snagged a glass of champagne from a passing waitress. Taking a sip she waved her free hand around the huge ball room filled with the great and good of Tikonov and even a few of the surrounding worlds along with the officers from not only the Wild Geese mercenary command but also the 2nd Tikonov Cossacks and the Tikonov Martial Academy staff and from the Training Combat Group. There were even two dozen officer cadets who the staff from the Academy and the Training Combat Group's officers were riding herd over with a grim determination to avoid their charges creating a scene.

Colonel Paul Bowman, commanding officer of the Blackhorse Squadron of the Wild Geese, glanced at his counterpart from the Ironhorse Squadron and sipped his own glass of whiskey. Finally at least they had managed to win free of the crowd of well wishers and courtiers who wanted to welcome them to Tikonov. He motioned for his aide to stay close, in case he should need to find a reason to, well, escape. Speaking in low tones, they conversed, punctuated by her nodding, indicating her understanding of whatever escape was planned. Satisfied, he allowed himself a proper appreciative grunt at the quality of his grandfather's whiskey he answered her. "You wouldn't understand Sandy."

"Is it because of Alexandra? I mean I know the House Achernar and House Ryan-Bowman aren't exactly friends..." Sandy risked mentioning her friend's wife who last time she checked was on New Avalon taking part in some sort of government research project with Achernar Battlemechs.

Paul sighed and shook his head. "No. My estrangement from my grandfather came long before that. Alexandra and I happened only because we met at NAMA…under the LIDAR so to speak… almost ended before it really got started there too. She stayed with me after I had accepted the commission and joined the Wild Geese..."

"Was that it then? That you bucked tradition and declined several prestigious appointments to learn from a most unconventional set of mentors who led a mercenary regiment?" Sandy probed tentatively, knowing that she was stepping out on dangerous ice, despite their years of friendship.

The young colonel glanced over to where his grandfather was laughing alongside a group of Tikonov Cossack officers and Brigadier Faulkner before turning back to his friend. "In all honesty, it was because I was pro-FedCom, well more like pro-Davion and my grandfather was up to his elbows in the whole Free Tikonov moment. First and foremost, we disagreed on politics Sandy. Secondly, I was going to marry who I wanted and not be saddled with an arranged marriage. That set him off more than the politics I think."

"I'd heard that the Duke was involved in Free Tikonov..." She finished her champagne and placed it on a passing tray and collected another as she guided Paul towards the bar to get him a refill of his glass as well. He looked like he could use it. "Still by all accounts he's came around. He's probably one of the most vocal supporters of the First Prince in the whole FedSun's! Hell he's usually mentioned in the same breath as Cunningham and Tyler!"

Paul nodded as he indicated the bottle to the bartender with a finger and waited as the older man poured the amber liquid over an ice cube and placed it down in front of him. The bartender discretely nodded before moving off down the polished bar to get another person a drink. Leaning against the bar Paul swirled his drink around the ice. "I know, I know all too well. I'm just not sure if I trust his sudden change of heart... Even if I did some things were said that can't be unsaid..."

"Bollocks." Sandy grunted out with all the tact she usually showed when firing her Thug's ER PPC's into an enemy line. Thinking for a moment, she changed her tone to a more conciliatory and diplomatic pitch. "How bad can it be that you and your grandfather can't sit down and talk it over... We both know he pulled a lot of strings to get us assigned here. Sounds to me he wants to talk it over."

Still playing with his drink rather than enjoying it Paul shrugged. "The last time I spoke with him I called him a traitor and stormed off... I was burning for orbit the next day. Not my finest moment." The maudlin tone tapered off as he handed the drink to his aide and sighed loudly.

"Nor mine." A gravelly voice spoke from behind them and the older Ryan-Bowman leaned between the two shocked officers to take his grandson's glass from the stunned aide. The aide’s stunned expression was matched by the two senior officers as the Duke, with a casual flick of his wrist, downed the dram of whiskey in a single gulp. Hissing out he placed the glass back down on the bar. "I'm not a whiskey drinker but 30 year Northwind Talisker is too good to let waste... And too expensive. Bartender, vodka. Three."

Moving as though by coincidence over to place Major Reich between himself and his grandson the Duke of Tikonov nodded as the bartender rushed over and from a bottle set aside poured three small glasses to the brim with vodka. The old Duke smiled icily as he raised his in salute to the two young officers and then downed it just as he had the whiskey. Without a second thought, Paul mirrored his grandfather and downed the vodka without spilling a single drop. When Sandy Reich attempted to emulate the two Tikonovites she nearly burst into a coughing fit as the smooth liquid burned like fire down her throat. Chuckling the older man smacked her hard between the shoulder blades. "The trick is to remember to breathe Major... Now as I was saying, it might not have been your finest moment Paul but I have to take the lion's share of the blame."

"You weren't the one that left Grandfather..." Paul got out a bit shakily.

Waving a finger for the vodka to be refilled Paul's grandfather barked a laugh. "Paul... For a bright boy you sometimes have some blind spots. Do you honestly think you got out of MY palace, across MY city, in one of MY cars and then boarded a dropship at MY spaceport and nobody told me...? Come now... You know better than that. I knew you were leaving before you'd reached the end of the driveway. Which I admit is a long driveway but still. One call to the Okhrana, the guards at the gate, the police or to the operations tower at the spaceport and you wouldn't have got off world. All I had to do was pick up the phone. Hell I could have just told my secretary to make the call. And don't think I didn't want too. Hell I even gave the order once only to cancel it before they reached you."

For a split second Paul looked at his grandfather in total shock. For years he had believed he had just walked away and the old bastard hadn't cared enough to stop him! Seeing the look on his grandson's face the Duke burst into laughter which Sandy found herself joining almost without thought. A few seconds later even the younger Paul found himself chuckling. Still laughing the Duke picked up his glass again and downed the vodka with a twinkle in his eyes. The two Wild Geese officers followed suite, this time Reich managing to avoid choking. As the Duke nodded at her in approval his grandson asked. "Then why didn't you? Have me brought back I mean?"

Despite knowing the question was coming Paul Ryan-Bowman took a few seconds to think about it. In which time the bartender who was very visibly not listening poured another round of drinks. "Pride. I was too damn proud to have you dragged back here. I wanted you to have to come back tail between your legs and admit I was right! But, you also had every right to be your own person, to try and fail, to be your own man. In the end, you had to leave home and make it on your own. Tikonov would always want you, but you, you had to want Tikonov as well."

A third shot of vodka followed the other two as the Duke forced a crooked pained smile onto his face. "The great irony is that I finally had to pull every string and favour I was worth to get you brought back here anyway... and I had to do it not to have you tell me I was right but to admit to you that YOU were right! They do say there is no fool like and old fool Paul and I have to admit in this case it's apt!"

Downing her third vodka on top of the champagne she had already drank Major Reich knew when she was out of her depth and on dangerous ground indeed. Pushing back from between the two men she clicked her heels and inclined her head to the Duke. "I thank you for the drinks Your Grace but if you will excuse me I think I see an officer I knew from my time at Albion... I'm sure you and your grandson have a great deal to talk about. Paul, Your Grace." With a half salute she almost took off towards the first Academy officer she saw. Leaving the Duke of Tikonov and his estranged grandson standing at the bar in a clear bubble of space in which to talk for the first time in decades.

Now Paul began to chuckle as his Grandfather looked on in disbelief. “Oh my Grandfather, apt is so descriptive and you too have blind spots, amid all of this…”, he gestured to the vastness of the Great Hall. “…the whole time you have seen… but not observed.” The Duke shifted to the fullness of his height and scanned the room as Paul’s laugh rose. His observation of the room ceased when Paul reached back to offer his hand to his aide. As she placed her hand in his, realization struck the older man like lightning as he felt tears forming in his eyes. He realized how he had underestimated his own. He stared at the young woman as his grandson spoke – “May I present Duchess Alexandra Achernar, Bowman, my wife. Darling, as I promised. This as you know, is my Grandfather, the Grand Duke of Tikonov.” As she released her hand from her husband’s, the older man wasted no time in taking both of her hands in his own and kissed them. “Alexandra, I welcome you here, this is your home, now and always. Forgive an old fool for being absent for you before today.”

A handful of nondescript individuals in expensive suits took up positions around them at the bar, to all appearances to drink but in reality to keep anyone else from interrupting the impromptu family reunion. The only one close enough to listen in was the bartender who continued to keep the two men's glasses full of the Duke's personal reserve of vodka. Then again he wasn't exactly a bartender but like the men in suits and the various waiters, waitresses, musicians, etc... one of the best agents the Okhrana had...

((I had some help for this scene from Blackhorse 6 who very kindly let's me sometimes "play" with his characters House Ryan-Bowman. He helped me get this scene right and added the plot twist for which I am incredibly grateful! All mistakes are of course mine! :D))
« Last Edit: 28 September 2020, 17:51:36 by Billy Boy Mark II »

EAGLE 7

• Sergeant
« Reply #939 on: 28 September 2020, 18:14:04 »
Great update, love the in depth level of detail.
“ My Clan honor is bigger than your Dragon honor, and comes in 18 clan flavors.”

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #940 on: 28 September 2020, 18:37:22 »
Just slightly confused: the Major was his wife quiaff?

Billy Boy Mark II

• Lieutenant
« Reply #941 on: 28 September 2020, 18:44:58 »
Just slightly confused: the Major was his wife quiaff?

Neg. His aide was his wife. Hidden in plain sight. The Major was the leader of one of the other squadrons.

PsihoKekec

• Captain
« Reply #942 on: 29 September 2020, 02:07:07 »
How did Reich not notice his wife? I reckon Wild Geese officers would have arrived as a group to the ball and she should know both his actual aide and his wife. Unless the ''last time she checked'' in her mind was tongue and cheek.

Billy Boy Mark II

• Lieutenant
« Reply #943 on: 29 September 2020, 04:54:22 »
How did Reich not notice his wife? I reckon Wild Geese officers would have arrived as a group to the ball and she should know both his actual aide and his wife. Unless the ''last time she checked'' in her mind was tongue and cheek.

Who knows? Perhaps the whole senior staff  was "in" on it. Or perhaps she was too busy drinking and taking in the very very very overpowering palace... :p

Billy Boy Mark II

• Lieutenant
« Reply #944 on: 01 October 2020, 17:59:48 »
So I have a question.

Should the AFFS start moving towards more standardization with it's RCT's. Perhaps with different builds. There is already a "standard" RCT - a battlemech regiment, 3 armour, 5 infantry regiments and 3 aerospace wings. But lets be honest most RCT's vary on that a fair bit.

There are also some variations - for instance the Deneb Light Cavalry - a mech regiment, 2 armour, 2 jump infantry/BA regiments, 6 aerospace wings.

So should they push to have a standard "Avalon Hussar RCT", a standard "Dragonlords RCT", etc and move to have all units within a brigade similar in makeup - even if different weight classes/specialities?

Kujo

• Private
« Reply #945 on: 01 October 2020, 18:15:15 »
Don't know Ceti/LCT/Guard/Lancer all have different flavors

Though I would like a 'Knights of the Void' concept for the navy, kind of the equivalent of a Guards RCT but in space!  Such a concept of a counter -balance of the Mechwarrior Cabals only to be brushed off as game start comes closer.  Andrew using the Guards to deal with them, and not a work of the 'Knights of the Void'.  Thank you!
For the FEDCOM For the Archon-Prince

Billy Boy Mark II

• Lieutenant
« Reply #946 on: 01 October 2020, 18:27:39 »
Don't know Ceti/LCT/Guard/Lancer all have different flavors

Though I would like a 'Knights of the Void' concept for the navy, kind of the equivalent of a Guards RCT but in space!  Such a concept of a counter -balance of the Mechwarrior Cabals only to be brushed off as game start comes closer.  Andrew using the Guards to deal with them, and not a work of the 'Knights of the Void'.  Thank you!

Well if the AFFS moves to "standard" RCTs - it will be a standard per brigade. So an Avalon Hussar RCT will be the same size of formation as another Hussar RCT, but might be different from a Crucis Lancer or Davion Guard RCT.

Atlan

• Sergeant
« Reply #947 on: 01 October 2020, 18:55:28 »
Well if the AFFS moves to "standard" RCTs - it will be a standard per brigade. So an Avalon Hussar RCT will be the same size of formation as another Hussar RCT, but might be different from a Crucis Lancer or Davion Guard RCT.

Gotta be honest, I kinda thought that was already happening- I asked about that earlier (either here or on AH) about the differences between the various brigades, and about why they would bother making new brigades instead of expanding existing ones.

So standardizing RCT styles within brigades makes sense to me.

thtadthtshldntb

• Sergeant
« Reply #948 on: 01 October 2020, 19:14:19 »
One tech use/improvement that may be worth pursueing in the setting, especially since the FS now has more access to clan level infantry armor, is developing a version of the elemental suite, not so much for combat, but for mech and aerospace pilots to increase survivability and heat dissipation.

Billy Boy Mark II

• Lieutenant
« Reply #949 on: 01 October 2020, 19:16:09 »
Gotta be honest, I kinda thought that was already happening- I asked about that earlier (either here or on AH) about the differences between the various brigades, and about why they would bother making new brigades instead of expanding existing ones.

So standardizing RCT styles within brigades makes sense to me.

It is already happening bit by bit. For instance the Borderer and Dragonlord Brigades are pretty standardised now. So are the new LCT. Just wondering if the AFFS should push it more and more blatantly I guess. So reorganise the Crucis Lancers to have them all have x set up.

Billy Boy Mark II

• Lieutenant
« Reply #950 on: 01 October 2020, 19:16:58 »
One tech use/improvement that may be worth pursueing in the setting, especially since the FS now has more access to clan level infantry armor, is developing a version of the elemental suite, not so much for combat, but for mech and aerospace pilots to increase survivability and heat dissipation.

Sorry I'm not following.

thtadthtshldntb

• Sergeant
« Reply #951 on: 01 October 2020, 19:46:35 »
Sorry I'm not following.

Right now mech pilots basically wear light cloths and a neurohelmet, mostly due to the heat. Even when they have the heat protecting suits available, they offer little survivability beyond that.

I'm saying develop a light version of infantry armor which has enhanced heat dissipation and protection buiit in, but also has heavier armor to protect them say from internal explosions and cockpit hits.

misterpants

• Warrant Officer
  • Bringing you the beats and grooves of Xin Sheng
« Reply #952 on: 01 October 2020, 20:20:03 »
Right now mech pilots basically wear light cloths and a neurohelmet, mostly due to the heat. Even when they have the heat protecting suits available, they offer little survivability beyond that.

I'm saying develop a light version of infantry armor which has enhanced heat dissipation and protection buiit in, but also has heavier armor to protect them say from internal explosions and cockpit hits.

Like the Mechwarrior Combat Suit?

Dave Talley

• Captain
« Reply #953 on: 01 October 2020, 22:24:12 »

I like that, I would want a version that is alot like the skinsuits in the Ngoverse, a sealed lightly armored temperature controlled suit, would help in space for aeropilots or ship crew, and odd/poison/thin atmospheres for mech and vehicle crew, plus helping with body temperatures for a few hours at least in extreme environments or space
Resident Smartass since 1998
“Toe jam in training”

Because while the other Great Houses of the Star League thought they were playing chess, House Cameron was playing Paradox-Billiards-Vostroyan-Roulette-Fourth Dimensional-Hypercube-Chess-Strip Poker the entire time.
JA Baker

thtadthtshldntb

• Sergeant
« Reply #954 on: 01 October 2020, 23:02:56 »

That with a little more armor form moderm clantech.

Kiko70

• Corporal
« Reply #955 on: 01 October 2020, 23:39:45 »

..the SLDF Aerospace Fighter pilots already had a semi-exoskeleton suit with the CTNA helmet and special gloves as per the SLDF p.110-111 The Star League and the pg.178 of the Tech Manual..

Fighter Pilots
AeroSpace Fighter pilots wore a unique flight suit, combining the functions of a coolant suit and G-suit, which was built with a semi-exoskeleton design. The exoskeleton, made of a now-forgotten plastic-steel alloy, protected the pilot's chest, back, arms and legs by absorbing the shock of a blast without inhibiting her movements. Small motors in the exoskeleton also gave the pilot extra strength when needed in order to perform high-speed maneuvers.[3] The pilot's gloves took the place of conventional controls which, along with a specialized neurohelmet, allowed slight movements, gestures and even neural impulses to control the craft.[4]

The neurohelmet, while being large and cumbersome, also allowed the pilot to fight in Complete Tactical Neuro Presentation mode. CTNA mode, using sensors embedded in the fuselage of SLDF fighters, replaced the pilot's cockpit with a virtual reality view that gave the sensation of flying without a fighter. The pilot had an unobstructed view in all directions and could look through several visual spectrums including infrared and ultraviolet.[3]

SLDF pilots rarely cared about the niceties of rank. Those who did wore a rank patch typically affixed them to the exoskeleton somewhere near the shoulder.[3]
« Last Edit: 01 October 2020, 23:42:36 by Kiko70 »

thtadthtshldntb

• Sergeant
« Reply #956 on: 02 October 2020, 01:05:35 »
yes, but that was largely lostech until recent events. And now with clantech they can do somewhat better than that.

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #957 on: 02 October 2020, 01:16:45 »
So I have a question.

Should the AFFS start moving towards more standardization with it's RCT's. Perhaps with different builds. There is already a "standard" RCT - a battlemech regiment, 3 armour, 5 infantry regiments and 3 aerospace wings. But lets be honest most RCT's vary on that a fair bit.

There are also some variations - for instance the Deneb Light Cavalry - a mech regiment, 2 armour, 2 jump infantry/BA regiments, 6 aerospace wings.

So should they push to have a standard "Avalon Hussar RCT", a standard "Dragonlords RCT", etc and move to have all units within a brigade similar in makeup - even if different weight classes/specialities?

I think this is a good idea.... but I would more merge it in line with upgrading AFFS units into Brigades. Every unit that isn’t an RCT, LCT, or specialist unit (aka Ceti Hussars). Those units that are already those should ‘standardize’ as best as humanly possible: I wouldn’t take the engineering corps away from the 40th Avalon or the extra aerospace fighters from the 2nd Davion....  but TLDR yes

PsihoKekec

• Captain
« Reply #958 on: 02 October 2020, 01:18:46 »
Standardized unit formation per brigade makes sense.

Billy Boy Mark II

• Lieutenant
« Reply #959 on: 02 October 2020, 13:33:47 »
I think this is a good idea.... but I would more merge it in line with upgrading AFFS units into Brigades. Every unit that isn’t an RCT, LCT, or specialist unit (aka Ceti Hussars). Those units that are already those should ‘standardize’ as best as humanly possible: I wouldn’t take the engineering corps away from the 40th Avalon or the extra aerospace fighters from the 2nd Davion....  but TLDR yes

Well I would think that there would be some exceptions made. Although for instance I suspect given the Deneb Light Cavalry and 2nd Davion Guard's example the AFFS might make 120 fighters for a Davion Guard's RCT "standard".