Register Register

Author Topic: What Could Go Wrong  (Read 60588 times)

EAGLE 7

• Master Sergeant
Re: What Could Go Wrong
« Reply #450 on: 27 September 2022, 07:45:43 »
 Comstar and Pirates...... I think I have heard that tune before.
“ My Clan honor is bigger than your Dragon honor, and comes in 18 clan flavors.”

Iron Grenadier

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #451 on: 27 September 2022, 13:31:44 »
Would be interesting to see what they come up with.

Another Star Lord would be great, but how common would that be to get one? What's the waiting list for them? Doesn't the Star Lord have extra passenger quarters if Mitchell doesn't like the bays?

Dropships kind of same boat. If can't get a Mammoth, then extra Mule's. Maybe two cargo dropships, a Seeker, Intruder, carrier dropship and a Overlord 2 (Mech's, Aero and Vee's) for each Star Lord.

Sell the Monarchs or start a side business with them.

Battlemechs - anything that has the 'Easy to Maintain' or 'Rugged' quirks

Vehicle's - Drillson hover tanks for sure. Don't believe there are fusion powered hover APC's available yet? Plenty of good heavy tank options available (Manticore, Patton, Rommel)

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #452 on: 27 September 2022, 17:13:03 »
27 February 3042
Joshua (Former Outworld System)

"Emergence wave extremely close!!!" A junior sensor operator yelled on his first time taking a bridge watch. The senior operator, acting as the watch officer tonight checked the readings before picking up the ship's comms. "Captain, emergence wave, same size as the one we detected at Inner End. Range this time is roughly 112KM. It has vanished from the sensors. Radar indicates nothing there. Copy, we will continue to monitor.

"Easy Smitty, we have no clue what that is, but it has happened before. Good work on the reporting though. You will earn your bridge qualifications easily if you keep it up." The watch officer said

On the Monarch Dropship, Ship Master Sarah Campbell hung up the small phone which was interconnected to the Star Lord Dropship. "Chief Zuniga, I swear to god, if you do not figure out this damned stray jump signature and emergence wave crap, I am going to toss you out of an airlock."

"What is the problem?" Leftenant Colonel David Mitchell asked

"We have been getting these weird sensor reads. Tiny little jump signatures and tiny emergence waves. Totally random. It barely tickles the sensors really, but it is enough to scare the hell out of someone. We cannot seem to figure it out." Ship Master Sarah Campbell said

"When did this all start?" Leftenant Colonel Mitchell asked

"Inner End. A few days after those spooks boarded, then we had no issues for months and suddenly about we got another hit, now it has happened again." Chief Zuniga answered this one

"I think we can calm down some. My theory will be confirmed if Agent Hammel delivers a message from our benevolent sponsor in the next few hours. I think those folks have a way to communicate without being inside a HPG network. How I have no clue, and no one is to even bring it up. That is an order. Lord knows it might actually save our asses one day." Leftenant Colonel Mitchell said before asking "How much longer on the loading?"

"We should be fully loaded and ready to jump in the next 12 hours or so. We have both Merchant Jumpships programmed with their jump coordinates, cores are fully charged and are rigged for remote jumps. All other ships are set and ready to go on your orders. Once the Mule Dropship docks, we are ready to leave." Chief Zuniga said

"Good. I am past ready to leave this place. We will continue to meet at least weekly if we can. Commodore Nobel, you fully up to speed and have any other comments?" Leftenant Colonel Mitchell asked

"No sir. Nice of you all to bring me up to speed on the last meeting. I already voiced my opinion on that Union CV, it is okay for defensive actions, but I would prefer the Titan for any sort of offensive actions. Not that we have the fighters or pilots to man both." Commodore Franklin Noble replied

"Very well. Let's break this up and get ready to get the hell out of here and back home." Leftenant Colonel Mitchell said

28 February 3042

A knock woke Leftenant Colonel Mitchell from his sleep. He managed to get the door open thru sleep heavy eyes and saw Agent Jessica Hammel standing there. "Jessica, there a problem?"

"No. I got my reply from Mr Allard. He agrees with you that the risk is acceptable." Agent Hammel said

"You sound disappointed." Leftenant Colonel Mitchell replied

"I guess I am. This is a side of him I never had to deal with. He was always supportive of criminal investigations, even when we might have bent the rules a little to get the evidence, we needed to bring someone to justice. I am not sure how I feel about this assignment now though." Agent Jessica Hammel said

"Get some sleep Jessica. Maybe you will feel different in the morning." Leftenant Colonel Mitchell replied as he watched her walk to her own stateroom and close the door.

Just after breakfast, the jump warning was sounded and the SaRI mission at Joshua came to an end and the trip home began.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #453 on: 27 September 2022, 18:21:09 »
Yeah... Jessica just isn't THAT ruthless.  That takes combat experience, and she doesn't have any.  I feel sorry for her, but I think she's going to be replaced.  At the very least, I don't think SHE will be unhappy about it.

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #454 on: 27 September 2022, 18:21:27 »
6 March 3042
Inner End (Federated Commonwealth)

Sergeant Major Chester Pullman was ready to pull his hair out. It was a mini flood of new arrivals every day. They had just picked up the newest arrivals and brought them to the already crowded compound. He met the unloading bus outside the now crowded second warehouse. Any more arrivals and I am going to have to start moving people into the apartments, he thought. He was deep in thought when he heard "Are you in charge here?"

He turned to look at who was addressing him, officer for sure, his brain said "Sergeant Major Pullman. I run the rear detachment when the Colonel is away on mission. You are?"

"Colonel Alfred Dortman, formerly of the 5th FedCom RCT. Commanded the 5th FedCom Jump Infantry Regiment during the 39 war. Where are the officer quarters?" Colonel Alfred Dortman said

Great, a damned Lyran officer at that, Sergeant Major Pullman thought before saying "We do not have officer quarters sir. Everyone lives in the same buildings. Yours are still under construction and at the moment, we are billeting the new arrivals in the two warehouses."

"Your are kidding?" Colonel Alfred Dortman asked and then saw the look "Your not kidding. Dreadful."

"Best we can do on short notice sir. I barely got a weeks notice before the first group of over 400 arrived out of the blue. I have been treading water ever since." Sergeant Major Pullman said

"Almost as bad as being in the field. I assume the Colonel in charge is on deployment?" Colonel Alfred Dortman asked

"He is. Hopefully he will return soon." Sergeant Major Pullman replied as he caught Corporal Delvany's eye "Corporal Delvany, will you please locate Colonel Dortman a suitable place to stow his gear and get him a cot."

He pulled a sheaf of papers from his pocket and checked his personnel totals so far of the new arrivals.

Battlemech Pilots - 36
 Aerospace Pilots - 36
 Armor Crew - 180
 Infantry - 112
 Engineers - 56
 Senior Mechanics - 31
 Mechanics - 152
 BM Senior Techs - 36
 BM Techs - 162
 AS Senior Techs - 28
 AS Techs - 247
 Jumpship Pilots - 11
 Jumpship Nav - 5
 Jumpship Eng - 7
 Jumpship Crew - 51
 Dropship Pilots - 27
 Dropship Eng - 15
 Dropship Crew - 157
 Marines - 51

He refolded the roster and put it back in his pocket. The only good thing was that they would be able to fully crew the Titan Dropship, but he was not about to do that until the Colonel said so. He walked by the Hanger and saw the Aero Techs hard at work on the Samurai Aerospace Fighter. Repairing damage, working on the coolant system and they had already bench tested the fighter's engine, soon they might be able to get it back in the air. We ain't got no Regiment of Infantry, only a Battalion, wonder how Colonel Dortman is going to like a demotion, Sergeant Major Pullman thought with a smile before returning to his mental workload.

He had given in to Major Woodall and on his advice, he had put in an inquiry on purchasing 12 Wolfhound WLF-1B Battlemechs with TharHes Industries. He was not expecting good news, even he knew the AFFC was rebuilding after the War of 39 and was probably eating up every production run. He knew from experience that he would have to put down 10% when he placed the actual order, pay in full on delivery. He had the 10% in the bank, but no way could he pay in full unless the Colonel got back with a fortune. It was just a matter of time before Captain Julie Venlue, the ranking Armor officer, caught wind and demanded something.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #455 on: 27 September 2022, 18:24:40 »
Speaking of which, Mitchell better promote himself to full Colonel and FAST!  8)

Euphonium

• Captain
  • Look Ma, no Faction!
« Reply #456 on: 27 September 2022, 18:38:42 »
How many weeks away are Mitchell and their latest loot?
>>>>[You're only jealous because the voices don't talk to you]<<<<

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #457 on: 27 September 2022, 18:42:30 »
 Four weeks, Four Jumps. They are going to pause and NOT go thru Valasha with their loot, instead taking an uninhabited system instead.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #458 on: 27 September 2022, 18:50:59 »
Good call!  :thumbsup:

idea weenie

• Major
« Reply #459 on: 27 September 2022, 19:27:08 »
Four weeks, Four Jumps. They are going to pause and NOT go thru Valasha with their loot, instead taking an uninhabited system instead.

And what could go wrong traveling through an uninhabited system . . . ;)

wolfgar

• Captain
  • Wolfson's Heavy Raiders: 3058-3092
« Reply #460 on: 27 September 2022, 20:51:38 »
And what could go wrong traveling through an uninhabited system . . . ;)

Less than jumping through an inhabited one who would wonder about them remote jumping two jumpships
Wolf wins every fight but one, and in that one he dies, his fangs locked on the throat of his opponent.

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #461 on: 27 September 2022, 20:59:35 »
 Correction, three weeks back to Inner End.

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #462 on: 27 September 2022, 21:56:29 »
10 March 3042
Waitur (Former Outworld System)

"This is not the way we came. You transmitted the coordinates prior to the jump. I just now checked them, why the change?" Ship Master Calvin Newman radioed

"Insurance, Mister Newman. We worked too hard and lost too much to have our salvage taken from us. We are taking a new path to Inner End." Leftenant Colonel Mitchell replied

"You have already seen how dangerous it is out here. Why risk another confrontation with pirates? We should head for Valasha and then on to Inner End." Ship Master Calvin Newman said

"That would require a backtrack to accomplish. This way is just as fast, we will be at Inner End in 2 more jumps." Leftenant Colonel Mitchell replied

"I do not like this. We have already spent way too much time in the Wastes." Ship Master Calvin Newman said

"Mister Newman, I remind you that you are under contract. We travel my paths. Your being well paid for this. We will transmit the next jumps coordinates just before we make the jump." Leftenant Colonel Mitchell replied

When no response came back, Leftenant Colonel Mitchell looked at Agent Jessica Hammel "Your a witness. If Mister Newman tries to jump somewhere else, he has committed an act of piracy. I am under contract to the Federated Commonwealth to combat piracy, and it does not say or limit where I go to combat that piracy. Do you agree?"

"You are correct in your contract interpretation. Is that why you placed an additional platoon aboard the Behemoth Dropship before our departure?" Agent Jessica Hammel asked

"That Behemoth Dropship is carrying a fortune. The temptation might be too much for them to overcome. How about sending a message to our friend and tell him we should be back in two weeks. Also include the names and details on Mister Newman. If he takes off, maybe we can get some FedCom diplomatic support if I take off after him to Valasha. Plus, I have one of our navigators onboard that Behemoth. We will see how Mister Newman reacts when he delivers the coordinates in person in a couple days." Leftenant Colonel Mitchell said

"I think your being paranoid. Your seeing pirates everywhere you look. Not everyone is a criminal Colonel. But I will send the message." Agent Hammel replied as she left the bridge of the Star Lord Jumpship.

Ship Master Sarah Campbell waited until she had left before saying "Boy, she sure has been a right bitch lately."

"I think she will be requesting a new job when we get back. She likes investigating, solving problems, figuring things out. She does not get to do that out here with us. Plus, she is not a soldier. We are, she does not understand the way we do things or how we think. She is bored out of her mind. Besides, she started getting distant when we returned to Joshua. Heard a little too much soldier talk, tossing the slavers out airlocks, lining them up and shooting them, aiming a flamer at the entire group, chaining them underneath one of the Dropships so they get incinerated on launch. You did not hear the talk down on the surface, she damn sure did." Leftenant Colonel Mitchell said

"Well, one thing is for sure. We are going to see if your theory on the communication method is correct if I get a jump warning suddenly." Ship Master Sarah Campbell replied

Aboard the Monarch Dropship, Agent Jessica Campbell was let inside the ad hoc communication room and the door secured behind her. "I need a message sent to Mister Allard again. What would be the fastest way to get it delivered and a response?"

The MI3 agent did some calculations before answering "Fastest way is to Inner End and then a Priority HPG to New Avalon. Max Priority routing should get it to New Avalon in less than a day. Going to cost a fortune and one of those bean counters at headquarters is going to scream bloody murder."

She wrote out her message quickly and then handed the slip to the MI3 agent. "Send this to Inner End and have them relay it via HPG to New Avalon, highest priority."

The MI3 agent did not even read the message, he just opened the small case and pulled out a keyboard and start typing.

To: Inner End Station

Arrival Inner End roughly two weeks with pervious message items. CO suspects hired transport of bad intentions. My opinion is he is overreacting. Expects FedCom cover if hired transport flees. Taking extra hazardous route on return. Advice needed. Relay to QA New Avalon via HPG Alpha Priority.

The MI3 agent hit send on his keyboard.

On the bridge, Shipmaster Sarah Campbell and Leftenant Colonel Mitchell moved to the sensor station when the operator said "There it goes. At least we know what it is now."
« Last Edit: 27 September 2022, 21:58:12 by 2ndAcr »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #463 on: 28 September 2022, 03:34:18 »
Good, at least they'll stop freaking out every time there's a message...  ::)

Euphonium

• Captain
  • Look Ma, no Faction!
« Reply #464 on: 28 September 2022, 08:36:56 »
I thought they were under specific orders not to use regular HPGs?
>>>>[You're only jealous because the voices don't talk to you]<<<<

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #465 on: 28 September 2022, 09:50:33 »
Perhaps they know ComStar knows they're being monitored.  I think there a cold war (in canon) with FedSuns/Lyrans and ComStar after the initial attacks during the Fourth Succession War.  By 3042, even the Black Boxes are being used somewhat by the Draconis Combine due to some being captured in the War of 3039.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

eriktheviking

• Corporal
« Reply #466 on: 28 September 2022, 10:16:14 »
By going through the HPG could she be seen as a possible weakness in MIIO by Comstar's ROM?

Taron Storm

• Warrant Officer
  • Founding Member of Chaos Inc Merc Brigade
« Reply #467 on: 28 September 2022, 11:33:54 »
1. She knows better.  She was the one that warned Mitchell and crew about CS first.  But, she is thinking like a cop, not an agent.

2. Quintus, Justin, and Hanse are not going to be happy that a potential mission compromise just got broadcasted.

3. OTOH, CS will probably make a move in space and ground when they arrive.

Just my two bits...

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #468 on: 28 September 2022, 11:44:32 »
13 March 3042
New Avalon (Federated Commonwealth)

The message was delivered to Quintus Allard just 16 hours after its arrival at Inner End. A quick scan of the message told him all he needed to know. He slipped the slip into his pocket and wandered over to First Prince Hanse Davion's office, waving at his secretary as he passed into the open office. "They are on the way back Hanse. Two weeks and we will see what they have found."

Looking up from the never ending paperwork First Prince Hanse Davion smiled at his old friend "I guess you want to go meet them and see for yourself."

Taking a seat in front of the large desk, Quintus Allard gestured at the small mountain of paperwork sitting on the desk "Care to get away from all that for a couple days and join me?"

"Don't tempt me with a good time old friend. Couple of days huh? Command Circuit? Thought you said your getting too old for the multiple rapid jumps?" First Prince Hanse Davion replied

"I am. But if you go, well, I won't be tempted to take a much slower pace and getting yelled at by Tamara for being gone so long. Besides, when was the last time you made a visit way out on the Periphery's edge?" Quintus Allard asked

"Too long, way too long actually. You know what, the hell with it, it will be good to get out of this office for a bit. Sure, we will make a trip to Inner End and see what your treasure hunters found. See if they can top Snord's group." First Prince Hanse Davion said with a slap on his desktop

"They are just getting started. Sure, in 3024 Snord found a SLDF Dropship that the Lyran's tore apart for salvage. Funny how all the Battlemechs that he gave the Lyrans were all "damaged", missing weapons, electronics and such. Then they found that "empty" cache in 3028 on Volders. Yeah, that is not suspicious at all. At least my group is openly giving us first dibs on anything going up for sale. They openly state that they might very well keep what they find. Snord does not do that, never has." Quintus Allard replied making air quotes as he spoke

"I will bet you a bottle of Glengarry Black Label that their find, while impressive to them, is not that spectacular to either of us." First Prince Hanse Davion said with a smile

"Why be cheap? You afraid of losing? Make it a case and we will not count the orbital station we already have been told about." Quintus Allard countered before asking "Have you made a decision about that?"

"Case it is then. Yes, I already have a meeting scheduled with our Project Lead from Challenge Systems in two days. They need the cash anyway, after selling their Challenge Yards at Galax to Federated Boeing in 3037. They don't produce enough Monolith Jumpships from Panpour to stay afloat, that's why we use them to maintain the few special ships we have stashed. Maybe we take her along to Inner End and she can ask them herself about what they found." First Prince Hanse Davion said

Standing back up, Quintus Allard said "I will leave you to your paperwork. You can handle the travel arrangements also. I need to go send a message anyway."

16 March 3042
Waitur (Former Outworld System)

"There is the reply to that message. Guess you can tell the Colonel to expect Agent Hammel to come calling on him soon." The sensor officer said

Ship Master Sarah Campbell thought for a second "No, we better not tip them off that we figured out how to track their secret communications. That is the Colonel's job. Better that he does not know she might be coming to see him."

On the Monarch Dropship, Agent Jessica Hammel accepted the message slip and read:

To: Hammel, Special

Reply from QA. Message received. Relay to CO that security of items trumps all other concerns. Also, look forward to seeing items in person.

She handed the message slip back over to the MI3 agent, who would handle destroying it. She turned and left the secure room to find Leftenant Colonel Mitchell, who she located sipping coffee on the Star Lords grav deck. He smiled as he saw her approach.

"Good morning, Jessica. Join me?" Leftenant Colonel David Mitchell said gesturing to a seat at his small table

"Got a reply. Security is top priority, and he says he looks forward to seeing your find in person." Agent Jessica Hammel replied still standing

Yeah, time to get with Allard if he meets us and get a new Liaison Officer, he thought before saying "That opens the door some. You do not approve?"

"I just think your overreacting and being paranoid. Your troops and even you tend to come down pretty heavy handed. No subtlety at all." Agent Hammel said

"Subtle does not mix well with military affairs Jessica. Your boss seems to agree with my assessment. So, until our salvage is delivered, I will have my people assume control over the civilian ships. They will crew and operate them, but under our control. Simple as that." Leftenant Colonel Mitchell replied

"I am going to transfer to the civilian Merchant Jumpship to monitor what happens aboard those ships. Make sure your troops behave themselves." Agent Jessica Hammel said

"Do not interfere in my operation Jessica. No one will be harmed unless they attempt to resist my orders. I have full command rights per my contract, your just my Liaison Officer. Even AFFS and AFFC regulations allow the military to assume control of civilian shipping during military operations when it is deemed vital to a mission's success. Your very own words, Allard says that security of our salvage is top priority. So, per AFFS regulations, as the Commanding Officer of this operation, I am assuming control of those civilian ships until our mission is complete. By force if necessary." Leftenant Colonel Mitchell said, tossing down the gauntlet. Her attitude had finally gotten too much for him.

"Make sure your people do not break a law, Colonel Mitchell. I will be watching." Agent Hammel said as she turned away to leave

mikecj

• Captain
  • Veteran of Galahad 3028
« Reply #469 on: 28 September 2022, 12:36:44 »
13 March 3042
N

"Case it is then. Yes, I already have a meeting scheduled with our Project Lead from Challenge Systems in two days. They need the cash anyway, after selling their Challenge Yards at Galax to Federated Boeing in 3037. They don't produce enough Monolith Jumpships from Panpour to stay afloat, that's why we use them to maintain the few special ships we have stashed. Maybe we take her along to Inner End and she can ask them herself about what they found." First Prince Hanse Davion said

"Special Ships"
There are no fish in my pond.
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf
Romo Lampkin could have gotten Stefan Amaris off with a warning.

Artifex

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #470 on: 28 September 2022, 14:55:44 »
Maybe some mothballed specials that need some dear loving?  :D

Taron Storm

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #471 on: 28 September 2022, 15:05:56 »
Would love to see a t.o.&e. of what is in inner end and what air and ground units they took with them...Please

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #472 on: 28 September 2022, 17:10:14 »
  Big TOE change will be coming very soon. Down and dirty current:

Inner End (Rear Det)

6 Rapier RPR-101
 2 Hellcat HCT-213R
 1 Samurai SL-26 (damaged)
 1 Invader Jumpship (Initial deploy)
 1 Titan Dropship
 12 Mining Mechs
 2 Jeeps
 2 Trucks
 22 Infantry

Joshua Deployment

1 Star Lord Jumpship (Later deploy)
 2 Monarch Dropship (1 Initial deploy, 2nd later deploy)
 1 Intruder Dropship
 1 Mule Dropship
 1 Union CV Dropship (Later deploy)
 A Company (Infantry) (4 Plt) (Later Deploy)
 B Company (Infantry) (3 Plt)
 2 Hunter Support Tanks (1 initial, 1 Later deploy)
 2 Samurai SL-26
 4 Hellcat HCT-213R (Later deploy)
 6 Rapier RPR-101 (Later deploy)
 1 Engineering Vehicle
 8 Heavy Track APC (4 initial, 4 later deploy)
 6 Mining Mechs

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #473 on: 28 September 2022, 17:46:44 »
Yep... Hammel has to go, and I think she knows it too.  Oh well... I liked her.

Taron Storm

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #474 on: 28 September 2022, 17:48:51 »
Thanks for the info.

Wraith_Spirit013

• Recruit
« Reply #475 on: 28 September 2022, 18:00:42 »
 :) Glad to see the story getting updated.  Especially how the characters are shown.  Agent Hammel has not realized that she should grow in her role as an MIIO agent.  Too bad she is still in the mindset of an agent/ investigator in a field office.
« Last Edit: 28 September 2022, 18:40:48 by Wraith_Spirit013 »

cawest

• Captain
« Reply #476 on: 28 September 2022, 18:25:58 »
man i had high hopes for Agent Hammel, oh well. 

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #477 on: 28 September 2022, 18:27:54 »
There's hope if Quintus (or maybe even Hanse) has a word or two with her...  ^-^

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #478 on: 28 September 2022, 21:17:35 »
17 March 3042
Inner End (Federated Commonwealth)

Adept Leon Hernandez read the small briefing folder before laying it back on the desk. "We will strike when they set down. That very night. They will all be tired from their long mission; they might even do us the favor of getting drunk in celebration. Valkyrie is within a single jump from here waiting for out signal to jump in. They will be capturing the Titan Dropship which is currently docked with their Invader Jumpship. According to our information, there is only a caretaker crew aboard the Invader Jumpship. Not enough to even jump it, but to just keep it on station so as not to become a traffic hazard.

There are twelve of us in my strike team. Primary targets are the command group itself. Though we have very little information, we have been able to pull from MRB complete photos and backgrounds on each member. Leftenant Colonel David Mitchell, Master Sergeant Harry Caldwell, Sergeant Major Chester Pullman, Captain Gweneth Rolando, Captain Brackus Geovani, Master Sergeant Harold Croyle and Sergeant Nathan Davis. We know where Sergeant Major Pullman and Captain Geovani are quartered, the rest, they have been gone virtually our entire time here. Secondary targets are anyone and everything. Explosive charges planted on any Dropships.

The warehouses acting as barracks are also primary targets for demolition charges. Another part of the Kilbourne DMM is also due to arrive about the same time, but they should not be a threat to our mission. The hanger is also a target. It sits between both large warehouses acting as barracks. The new construction activity provides us with an access point into their compound. The fence along that side has been taken down to connect the new area to the existing. Though the poles for a new fence have been set, the fence itself has not been strung. Expect foot patrols in the area, as they have been observed. Usually a squad in strength, light weapons only.

Anyone have any questions? No, then let's recheck our suits and prepare to move to our new hide locations. We will be roughing it until our mission is complete."

31 March 3042

Three Union Dropships and a single Overlord Dropship settled to the Space Port. The Union Dropships all carried the insignia of the Kilbourne DMM, but the Overlord Dropship was different, having landed closer to the isolated compound. It had also not transmitted any sort of identification codes during its system transit. The name could not be easily seen, painted as it was to blend into the Dropships own color scheme, FSS Running Fox, First Prince Hanse Davion's personal flagship. Aboard the Running Fox were First Prince Hanse Davions personal Battlemaster and personal Command Company plus a Battlemech Company from the Davion Heavy Guards RCT. After landing, a small convoy went down the ramp and exited the Space Port itself.

2 April 3042

Multiple Jumpships materialized at the Nadir Jump Point, which caused an alert signal to be sent to the planet, only to followed by a second signal as the Jumpships systems came back online and contact was established identifying the vessels as under SaRI control. Permission for the Behemoth Dropship to take up station in orbit was granted for unloading purposes. The Union CV was undocked, and fighters launched, all following a shuttle towards the Invader Jumpship. it then docked with the Star Lord Jumpship again. Leftenant Colonel Mitchell knew they were operating well short of any sort of normal staffing so he had shuttled over enough crew to reactivate the Titan Dropship, from which the units Aerospace fighters would escort the Behemoth Dropships while in orbit.

Within an hour of arriving, he learned that they were no longer shorthanded and soon a dozen shuttles left the Space Port carrying crew for the multiple Dropships that needed to be crewed and landed. He was also surprised when Customs cleared them directly to the planet without inspection. Contact was made with Space Port maintenance, and they were advised of the Lion Dropships damage. The Space Port would have a special landing gantry ready for their arrival. It would take just over 2 days for the crews to arrive and board the multiple Dropships and then a 2 day trip to the planet's surface. Leftenant Colonel Mitchell made the decision to delay any departure until they could all proceed as a small convoy to the planet.

6 April 3042

On pillars of flame, the expanded Dropship fleet belonging to SaRI descended to the Space Port. The damaged Lion Dropship slowly settled onto its designated landing spot; a landing gantry took the place of the destroyed landing gear. The Mule Dropship settled to the surface close to the units compound, Intrusive, Intruder Dropship landed nearby. Both Monarch Dropships made their landings and parked in their usual spots. The captured Union Dropship and Danais Dropship landed not far away. In orbit, the Behemoth Dropship was on station and ready to discharge cargo, closely escorted by the Titan Dropship and the SaRI Air Wing.

The entire enlarged unit was formed up in formation, broken up into large blocks of uniformed people. Twenty-three Battlemechs were standing in a formation not far away. In the center of the assembled formation was First Prince Hanse Davion, Quintus Allard and Sergeant Major Pullman.

Leftenant Colonel David Mitchell led the mass of shouting and hooting troops of SaRI off the Monarch Dropships and into the glaring sunlight. When he spotted who was waiting to greet them, he slammed on the brakes, coming to an abrupt stop. This caused quite a scene as the mass of troops ran into the person in front of them, duffle bags were dropped as troops fought to keep their balance, luckily no weapon was dropped nor went off. A multitude of cursing could clearly be heard from the mass of now jammed troops. Until word started filtering down the line what was going on outside.

"Come on Quintus, I think our being here has scared the shit out of them. Sergeant Major Pullman, you may lead the way if you please." First Prince Hanse Davion said

"YES SIR!" Sergeant Major Chester Pullman said loudly as he started off towards Leftenant Colonel Mitchell two hundred meters away. He was closely followed by First Prince Hanse Davion and Quintus Allard, who was grumbling about youngsters always wanting to walk.

"Sweet Jesus, here they come. Everyone get into some sort of damned formation or something other than a traffic jam." Leftenant Colonel Mitchell said just loud enough for his people to hear and for word to be passed back inside. He did not even have time to check his uniform, it was clean, but also fresh from a duffle bag where it had been stowed. Wrinkles and all. His boots were his combat boots, heavily scuffed, had not seen polish in years. He knew all his troops looked the same as he did. he had no choice and marched as smartly as he ever had to greet the First Prince of the Federated Suns.

Meeting them barely halfway, he halted and snapped to attention and saluted. First Prince Hanse Davion returned the salute and then scared him even worse when he offered his hand. He smartly lowered his salute and took the offered hand for a very quick but firm shake. "Leftenant Colonel David Mitchell at your service Highness."

"At ease, rest easy. Quintus has told me quite a lot about you already. You have been on a long operation, have your people disembark and rest easy. Leftenant Colonel huh, judging by the size of people in your command now, you might want to think about a promotion." First Prince Hanse Davion said, trying to ease the tension he knew everyone was feeling

Barely relaxing his stance, Leftenant Colonel Mitchell did not have a chance to reply before Quintus Allard stuck out his hand for a shake "Welcome back my boy. I could not resist coming out to see what you recovered for myself. Me and the Prince have a bet, which I am hoping you are going to win for me. Relax, he doesn't bite unless he needs to. Let's all find some damned shade and a chair; you youngsters might like standing all the time, but I don't. Highness, the longer you stand out here the less is going to get done and you know it."

"Alright Quintus. Sergeant Major Pullman, will you please dismiss your people. There is no need for all this parade ground stuff. There is work to do, I assume much unloading to do. Am I right Colonel Mitchell?" First Prince Hanse Davion said

"Yes sir. It is going to take a couple days to get it all unloaded and down to the surface." Leftenant Colonel Mitchell replied, but he was looking past the First Prince at Sergeant Major Pullman mentally saying, "No warning at all, are you mad?"

The silent response was a shrug meaning "Not my fault" followed by a slight nod towards Quintus Allard "It's his fault you had no warning."
« Last Edit: 29 September 2022, 07:21:35 by 2ndAcr »

cawest

• Captain
« Reply #479 on: 28 September 2022, 21:37:34 »
ohhh there are going to be lots of surprises.  that rom team is going up against heavy guards.  i wounder if one of them will get smart and abort the mission. 

Register