Register Register

Author Topic: Clan Invasion Kickstarter Discussion 11  (Read 77126 times)

Kerfuffin(925)

• Captain
Re: Clan Invasion Kickstarter Discussion 11
« Reply #1380 on: 20 January 2022, 12:36:44 »
He’s taking the picture and isn’t set up so he can be in it.

Ruger

No cameras with timers in the future… :D

jasonf

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1381 on: 20 January 2022, 14:03:31 »
Not true- where is the Ostwar?!

Devlin Stone converted it into the Ostpeace IndustrialMech. It looked really stupid and they are currently working on changing it back...

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #1382 on: 20 January 2022, 16:56:52 »
is that the Ost-Scout in the back?  Cool.  Reminds me of a grown up and mature Fireball (which looks like an Urbie put with the polar opposite mission profile)
War does not determine who is right, only who is left. -- said no Clanner ... ever!

KS #1357

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1383 on: 24 January 2022, 07:21:22 »
Essentially all the classic machines that appeared in previous issues of technical readouts 3025/3039s have been revamped except for maybe the LAMs visually.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Always the least qualified person in the room
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1384 on: 24 January 2022, 07:44:39 »
is that the Ost-Scout in the back?  Cool.  Reminds me of a grown up and mature Fireball (which looks like an Urbie put with the polar opposite mission profile)

The Ostscout had an IWM mini done several years ago. It was in CM: Mercs ~2015

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Part of the fanbase: I have very fringe interests
Same part of the fanbase: Why are my interests not specifically catered to and legitimized by canon?

Daritus1988

• Sergeant
« Reply #1385 on: 24 January 2022, 09:14:50 »
Essentially all the classic machines that appeared in previous issues of technical readouts 3025/3039s have been revamped except for maybe the LAMs visually.

Assassin and Vindicator too?

carlisimo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1386 on: 24 January 2022, 15:13:46 »
Assassin and Vindicator too?
Yes.  I don't know if they've appeared anywhere official yet, but yes, they've been redesigned.  The Vindicator is MWO-like except with more conventional legs.  The Assassin is now pretty clear about having a front-mounted cockpit with a top-mounted electronics hump that does not look like a fighter jet canopy.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Always the least qualified person in the room
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1387 on: 24 January 2022, 15:19:46 »
everything from TRO 3025 except the hermes II and whitworth so far

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Part of the fanbase: I have very fringe interests
Same part of the fanbase: Why are my interests not specifically catered to and legitimized by canon?

MoleMan

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1388 on: 31 January 2022, 06:51:38 »
Hi everyone, wonder if you can help, I got a force pack from my FLGS and wanted to download the record sheets, but I can't remember where I saw them, thought I'd downloaded them all, it appears not :D I know there's a page on the catalyst store, but I can't find it

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://hpgstation.de/?p=9429
    • My Author Website
« Reply #1389 on: 31 January 2022, 08:48:15 »
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

meander

• Recruit
« Reply #1390 on: 02 February 2022, 19:23:11 »
Is anyone else still missing their pledges? I still haven't seen anything: I'm in Australia, and our distributor has a reputation for subpar service... but I'm starting to get pretty frustrated that there's no indication when anything might arrive. I understand I was in "wave 2.5" but this was supposed to be in my hands before the Christmas holiday, according to the email from Catalyst. ):

PyreLight

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1391 on: 02 February 2022, 20:05:39 »
Is anyone else still missing their pledges? I still haven't seen anything: I'm in Australia, and our distributor has a reputation for subpar service... but I'm starting to get pretty frustrated that there's no indication when anything might arrive. I understand I was in "wave 2.5" but this was supposed to be in my hands before the Christmas holiday, according to the email from Catalyst. ):

I saw this on Facebook today:

"Hi,

We have shipped everything to ShipQuest EU to get them  out to our customers. They were supposed to start shipping in November,  but, honestly, with the holidays and all of the holds up with global  shipping, I don't know how much they got done. The last email I have  states that they are hoping to finish in February."

So I guess CGL has already shipped missing items to the distributors but the global shipping problems have made it difficult for the regional distributors to fix this. Regardless, CGL should probably make an announcement about this so that people are aware that their stuff is on its way.

DanJester

• Recruit
« Reply #1392 on: 04 February 2022, 11:43:12 »
At this point, should we just accept we're never seeing anything for the dice? Even if they DO finally award CGL store credit, the shipping costs make it less than ideal for those of us overseas.

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
« Reply #1393 on: 04 February 2022, 12:27:57 »
The Downloads page has been updated with links for the Force Packs - Wave Two and Wolf's Dragoons record sheet PDFs.

The Wave Two PDF includes a total of 155 record sheets for BattleMechs used by the Clans and the Inner Sphere as well as record sheets for three variants of the Shilone aerospace fighter.  This covers the following products:
  • Clan Ad Hoc Star
  • Clan Fire Star
  • Clan Heavy Star
  • Clan Heavy Battle Star
  • Clan Support Star
  • Clan Striker Star
  • ComStar Battle Level II
  • ComStar Command Level II
  • Inner Sphere Fire Lance
  • Inner Sphere Direct Fire Lance
  • Inner Sphere Heavy Lance
  • Inner Sphere Heavy Battle Lance
  • Inner Sphere Striker Lance
  • Inner Sphere Support Lance
  • Inner Sphere Urban Lance
  • Salvage Box: Shilone

The newly released Wolf's Dragoons PDF is for the Wolf's Dragoons Assault Star available at Barnes & Noble.
« Last Edit: 04 February 2022, 16:46:19 by Moonsword »

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Colonel
  • Wipe your mouth!
« Reply #1394 on: 04 February 2022, 15:53:16 »
Fun stuff!
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #1395 on: 04 February 2022, 16:35:36 »
RS WD ... very cool! thanks all who put that together!

[edit: Archer w/Clan tech] now call me an armchair mechwarrior, but I think I would have upped the Streaks to 6's and dropped the PL to ERs.  25 rounds of Streak ammo sounds high ... just seems like it won't get used up in a standard battle (longer haul campaign however, different story).
« Last Edit: 04 February 2022, 17:03:51 by Wolf72 »
War does not determine who is right, only who is left. -- said no Clanner ... ever!

KS #1357

Kerfuffin(925)

• Captain
« Reply #1396 on: 04 February 2022, 16:44:33 »
4/6/4 is not fast enough to avoid lights, the pulses help a lot. Plus it needs to be WYSIWYG for the BJ-2, can’t do to much there

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #1397 on: 04 February 2022, 17:03:21 »
Whoops! ... I'm talking about the Archer variant with clan tech.

guess I'll go and fix that.

KS #1357

PyreLight

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1398 on: 04 February 2022, 18:00:13 »
At this point, should we just accept we're never seeing anything for the dice? Even if they DO finally award CGL store credit, the shipping costs make it less than ideal for those of us overseas.

They're looking to establish a EU hub. The original deal with a distributor as supposed to launch in October/November, but it fell through and they're looking for someone new so the whole thing got postponed.

If I'm saying anything incorrect, please advise. 

five_corparty

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1399 on: 04 February 2022, 18:13:33 »
The Downloads page has been updated with links for the Force Packs - Wave Two and Wolf's Dragoons record sheet PDFs.

The Wave Two PDF includes a total of 155 record sheets for BattleMechs used by the Clans and the Inner Sphere as well as record sheets for three variants of the Shilone aerospace fighter.  This covers the following products:
  • Clan Ad Hoc Star
  • Clan Fire Star
  • Clan Heavy Star
  • Clan Heavy Battle Star
  • Clan Support Star
  • Clan Striker Star
  • ComStar Battle Level II
  • ComStar Command Level II
  • Inner Sphere Fire Lance
  • Inner Sphere Direct Fire Lance
  • Inner Sphere Heavy Lance
  • Inner Sphere Heavy Battle Lance
  • Inner Sphere Striker Lance
  • Inner Sphere Support Lance
  • Inner Sphere Urban Lance
  • Salvage Box: Shilone

The newly released Wolf's Dragoons PDF is for the Wolf's Dragoons Assault Star available at Barnes & Noble.

This is 100% an awesome way to bring in players!  "you bought the boxes? come online and GET ALL THE SHEETS FOR FREE!

well done, everyone. :-)

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #1400 on: 04 February 2022, 18:15:42 »
Yeah, offering the record sheets as free downloads is a really, really, really excellent move.

Well done, guys.
Experimental Technical Readout: The School
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56420.0

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #1401 on: 04 February 2022, 18:40:53 »
Whoops! ... I'm talking about the Archer variant with clan tech.

Once again, WYSIWYG.
I have spoken.

Drambuie

• Recruit
« Reply #1402 on: 05 February 2022, 00:05:02 »
I pledged through the CrowdOx site and received an email from Quartremaster Logistics on 01/21 to confirm my address, so hopefully everything will be on its way to me soon.  :D

One kind of odd thing is I got an email today from Rather Dashing Games saying they’re shipping me “some items from the Clan Invasion Kickstarter I never received”. I’ve never heard of this company before or heard of their involvement with the KS, does anyone know what is coming from them vs QL?  ???

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #1403 on: 05 February 2022, 01:29:26 »
https://ratherdashinggames.com/about.html

Now a Division of Catalyst Game Labs!

They do games, dice bags, posters, etc - may be doing some stuff the Chinese factories didn't fulfil, mebbe?
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #1404 on: 05 February 2022, 01:30:39 »
Huh. I'll be dogged.

I see they're a local company so that checks.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #1405 on: 05 February 2022, 08:50:19 »
Once again, WYSIWYG.

Right, but at the same time its not to far of a stretch or eye-squint to justify a 6 for a 4.  I mean if those arm lasers could pass for a M PL, ML, ER ML, any SL, any LL.  No complaining here, just wistful thinking.  Love it either way.

KS #1357

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #1406 on: 07 February 2022, 09:06:42 »
There are a couple of Box sets that I havent seen in general release. From FLGS to online mega stores...all are out of stock. Is there any word of when they will be released??
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

500 is the number of Warships just passed the 566 Battlemechs I now own.

Rougarou Rhapsody

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Sergeant
« Reply #1407 on: 07 February 2022, 10:14:45 »
There are a couple of Box sets that I havent seen in general release. From FLGS to online mega stores...all are out of stock. Is there any word of when they will be released??

Which box sets are you talking about?  Everything from the KS has been released for general distribution at this point and have had multiple production runs.  You just have to keep your eyes open because some things sell out quickly.
Agent #1053

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Colonel
  • Wipe your mouth!
« Reply #1408 on: 07 February 2022, 10:32:09 »
Depends on the distributor.  My local brick and mortar store is getting the Clan Support Star and Inner Sphere Urban lance this week, and still has yet to see the Clan Ad Hoc Star, Inner Sphere Support Lance, or Comstar Battle Level II become available.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #1409 on: 07 February 2022, 11:08:40 »
Ones Im looking for are
Comstar Battle Level II
Striker Lance
Urban Lance
Support Lance

I know keep on looking and hope for the best. The search keeps on going.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

500 is the number of Warships just passed the 566 Battlemechs I now own.

Register