Register Register

Author Topic: Clan Invasion Kickstarter Discussion 11  (Read 15738 times)

Wolf72

• Captain
Re: Clan Invasion Kickstarter Discussion 11
« Reply #540 on: 13 September 2021, 16:10:00 »
My previous question got buried under other posts (I may have added to its demise) ...

The manuals will become available once shipping is done right?  Where should I look for physical copies: FLGS, Amazon, CGL store, Barnes&Noble?

AGOAC box set: should be back in action, right.

Will the retaliation pack be available (in lieu of the box set)?
War does not determine who is right, only who is left. -- said no Clanner ... ever!

KS #1357

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #541 on: 13 September 2021, 16:31:36 »
My previous question got buried under other posts (I may have added to its demise) ...

The manuals will become available once shipping is done right?  Where should I look for physical copies: FLGS, Amazon, CGL store, Barnes&Noble?

AGOAC box set: should be back in action, right.

Will the retaliation pack be available (in lieu of the box set)?

All the rulebooks and sourcebooks will be out at retail through Amazon and your LGS for sure.  At present I think only the Beginner Box, AGoAC and Clan Invasion are in Barnes and Noble.  The limited edition of Legends might hit retail, not sure about that but if it doesn't the regular will.

AGoAC has been reprinted and will be returning to retail soon, yes.

As far as I know, there are no plans to offer the Inner Sphere Retaliation box at retail.  CGL have sold it at cons in the past, but this far it hasn't even shown up on the webstore.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #542 on: 13 September 2021, 16:38:08 »
thx!  Now to just be able to actually get to some of them before they are sold out! ... Any idea when those stores will have them in restock? ... weeks?, Dec/Jan?, etc.
War does not determine who is right, only who is left. -- said no Clanner ... ever!

KS #1357

Lorcan Nagle

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #543 on: 13 September 2021, 17:34:19 »
thx!  Now to just be able to actually get to some of them before they are sold out! ... Any idea when those stores will have them in restock? ... weeks?, Dec/Jan?, etc.

According to a Kickstarter update from 2 weeks ago, they're hoping to have stuff available to retailers by late November/Early December

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #544 on: 13 September 2021, 17:52:41 »
According to a Kickstarter update from 2 weeks ago, they're hoping to have stuff available to retailers by late November/Early December

:thumbsup:  thank you for all the answers.  Now I get to plot on how to finance all of this!

KS #1357

Deathknight69

• Lieutenant
  • Supernaturalizing the universe !!
« Reply #545 on: 13 September 2021, 19:55:42 »
My Dropship just arrived !!!  :D ;D
TLR2-O Templar Omni-Mech -> Gotta Have  & Luv It!!
"Remember kids, Ammo explosion's are as much fun as friendly fire and incoming fire has the right-of-way." - ShadowSeraph
Avatar by Wombat, Thanks again to the blue fuzzy marsupial of wanton destruction.
"SRM Carrier. It's actual combat value is irrelevant; the face of a player when one of their 'mechs takes a point-blank shot from one is priceless!  ^-^" - Fireangel
"What's a little canon-deviation amongst friends and enemies" - Self

Deathknight69

• Lieutenant
« Reply #546 on: 13 September 2021, 19:57:55 »
Now its time to inventory !!!
"Remember kids, Ammo explosion's are as much fun as friendly fire and incoming fire has the right-of-way." - ShadowSeraph
Avatar by Wombat, Thanks again to the blue fuzzy marsupial of wanton destruction.
"SRM Carrier. It's actual combat value is irrelevant; the face of a player when one of their 'mechs takes a point-blank shot from one is priceless!  ^-^" - Fireangel

Pat Payne

• Lieutenant
  • 352nd Combat Group -- Ex cinis ad astra
« Reply #547 on: 14 September 2021, 00:45:28 »
Well, my shipment made it all the way to the San Berdoo/Los Angeles county border (granted this IS Los Angeles County we're talking about, and I'm located near the coast) and was supposed to be delivered today, but FedEx decided "nope" and it is now "delivery pending" and "potentially delayed".

Wasn't there a time where FedEx's slogan was 'When it absolutely, positively has to be there overnight?" Is just being on time now too much to ask?  :ticked: :rant: :bang: :flame:

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Colonel
  • Wipe your mouth!
« Reply #548 on: 14 September 2021, 01:13:23 »
All the companies realized they could reduce expenses by making themselves less reliable because there's no competition.

Also, most of them have been having massive worker shortages for the last year and a half.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Hydrofoil Goat

• Corporal
« Reply #549 on: 14 September 2021, 04:01:05 »
Any Aussies heard anything yet?

I deleted my Facebook recently so can't check what Aetherworks is saying regarding fulfillment status.

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #550 on: 14 September 2021, 07:59:20 »
Any Aussies heard anything yet?

I deleted my Facebook recently so can't check what Aetherworks is saying regarding fulfillment status.

No, not heard of others on FB groups or reddit getting tracking notice either.

As for Aetherworks FB updates, released 6pm Weds and Fridays like clockwork, just "In Progress" since they started processing 30th August. No numbers/percentage quoted.

Von Jankmon

• Lieutenant
  • Everyone is entitled to my opinions
« Reply #551 on: 14 September 2021, 08:06:00 »
I am owed credit for several sets of dice missing, and one of my clan boxes was faulty, no Viper mech inside. All told I am down at least $40 of stuff possibly quite a bit more dependant on how a faulty star pack is evaluated.
So, how does this credit work?

I am in the Uk and have already paid import shipping for the monies I spent .  If I use credit does it get imported from the US with a new round of shipping costs, and customs tarrifs?
It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion. By the juice of the brew my thoughts aquire speed, my mind becomes strained, the strain becomes a warning. It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion.

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Lemme Talk to the Manager!
« Reply #552 on: 14 September 2021, 08:14:58 »
I am owed credit for several sets of dice missing, and one of my clan boxes was faulty, no Viper mech inside. All told I am down at least $40 of stuff possibly quite a bit more dependant on how a faulty star pack is evaluated.
So, how does this credit work?

I am in the Uk and have already paid import shipping for the monies I spent .  If I use credit does it get imported from the US with a new round of shipping costs, and customs tarrifs?

At this time we do not know for the straight up credits (i.e. Dice, un-fulfilled pilot decks etc), as to the missing mech...I think you contact whoever your shipper was.
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Lorcan Nagle

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #553 on: 14 September 2021, 10:11:13 »
Gamesquest reports that Phase 2 is complete for the UK (Phase 3 is still listed as on the water/in the air, so unsure if it will start shipping this week), still ongoing for the EU, and they had the following notice on their blog this week:

We are experiencing a HUGE amount of of customer service tickets with people chasing tracking and trying to find out which phase of the fulfilment they are in.

Due to this, the current wait for a response is now 8 Days (which is getting kind of crazy).

You guys are awesome and 99% of you have been super patient, friendly and cool, but please only open a ticket with our Customer Service Team if absolutely necessary (missing items / address changes / missing delivery etc.).

We are all gamers and totally appreciate the excitement but please, if at all possible, try and chill. x

Geont

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #554 on: 14 September 2021, 10:28:34 »
That on the water for Phase 3 is a worrying sign. I hope it won't delay Phase 3 too much.
Born in Czechoslovakia and living in Czechia (or Czech Republic).

Fan of FWL

Lorcan Nagle

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #555 on: 14 September 2021, 10:38:03 »
That on the water for Phase 3 is a worrying sign. I hope it won't delay Phase 3 too much.

It could mean they're waiting for some items to arrive like QML in the US, or it could mean they're not ready to move to full shipping on it just yet.

RabidFox

• Corporal
« Reply #556 on: 14 September 2021, 18:46:30 »
As far as I know, there are no plans to offer the Inner Sphere Retaliation box at retail.  CGL have sold it at cons in the past, but this far it hasn't even shown up on the webstore.

This is unfortunate, I should have added another retaliation pack or two.  I would really like some more of these mechs. :(

Kerfuffin(925)

• Lieutenant
« Reply #557 on: 14 September 2021, 18:49:45 »
This is unfortunate, I should have added another retaliation pack or two.  I would really like some more of these mechs. :(

Yeah I really wish I got a second Retaliation set.

Tyrant

• Sergeant
« Reply #558 on: 14 September 2021, 19:18:30 »
I got an email from QML yesterday. I thought to myself "at last, this is it". Instead, it was notice that something else I backed on KS is getting ready to ship and to confirm my address. Then later in the day, after QML was done playing with my emotions, I got the email to confirm my address for Wave 2. So, looks like my shipment is going to go out in the next couple weeks. With the Sentinel having been delayed (and no update on the FedEx app beyond "not moving") and this other thing, I expect to come home one day to a few gigantic boxes.

Colt Ward

• Colonel
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #559 on: 14 September 2021, 19:42:45 »
Yeah I really wish I got a second Retaliation set.

I wonder if any of the merchant backers picked them up, they would be ugo on the shelves . . . but you make a nifty little placard and keep them behind the counter . . .
Colt Ward

Beware the vengeance of a patient man.
Clan Invasion Backer #149

MarauderD

• Captain
« Reply #560 on: 14 September 2021, 21:40:10 »
Well, my drop ship didn’t land as scheduled on Monday.  Now it just says update pending.  Shipped back on September 3rd.  Now I’m in Hawaii on vacation with the wife until the 22nd.  Hopefully FedEx can figure stuff out by then?

Kerfuffin(925)

• Lieutenant
« Reply #561 on: 14 September 2021, 23:23:16 »
Well, my drop ship didn’t land as scheduled on Monday.  Now it just says update pending.  Shipped back on September 3rd.  Now I’m in Hawaii on vacation with the wife until the 22nd.  Hopefully FedEx can figure stuff out by then?

Mine had a 2 day error once that pending stuff came up on mine

StoryReader

• Sergeant
« Reply #562 on: 15 September 2021, 00:20:13 »

I wonder how a forum poll on the priority of "vacation with the wife" vs. "pending delivery" would turn out?  :))

Deathknight69

• Lieutenant
« Reply #563 on: 15 September 2021, 00:24:50 »
I'd like to see it.  :D ;D  Thankfully I'm single for this poll !!

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #564 on: 15 September 2021, 06:51:58 »
Now its time to inventory !!!

Ive been doing that with my previous mechs. So much easier with the MUL. I thought I had more mechs, but I guess not....at least I inventoried.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

500 is the number of Warships Now. 500 looks like it will stay for a long time.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Colonel
  • Wipe your mouth!
« Reply #565 on: 15 September 2021, 09:21:00 »
I've been going through my old mechs and deciding which ones to get rid of.  Some of those old sculpts are just so ugly looking I never want to bother using them again.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Sartris

• Battletech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Semi-Sentient MUL Roomba
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #566 on: 15 September 2021, 09:29:14 »
i paid too much money to not inflict ugly sculpts with bad paint jobs on the world.

Colt Ward

• Colonel
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #567 on: 15 September 2021, 10:21:56 »
i paid too much money to not inflict ugly sculpts with bad paint jobs on the world.

. . . funny how my 5 y/o's mechs are the AS Lance Pack mechs I do not like . . . along with unopened AS Lance Packs for him . . . but I was nice, I gave him a Clan Invasion box and a pair of KS IS boxes- the Marauder & Warhammer.  Or at least they are set aside for him.  I have heard the UrbanMech plushie shooting & stomping in the living room when it is not used as a pillow to watch TV.
Colt Ward

klarg1

• Captain
    • Blind Metal Minis
« Reply #568 on: 15 September 2021, 11:07:59 »

I sold off around 20 older ‘mechs over the summer. I took a loss on the whole thing, but it was better than nothing. *shrug*

Colt Ward

• Colonel
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #569 on: 15 September 2021, 11:18:38 »
I might give some of the metal or AS Plastics I no longer want to our local Agents & better painters for our state Con prize support . . . might toss them a new Executioner too, have to think about that for a bit.
Colt Ward