Register Register

Author Topic: Clan Invasion Kickstarter Discussion 8  (Read 23137 times)

Crimson Dawn

• Warrant Officer
Re: Clan Invasion Kickstarter Discussion 8
« Reply #90 on: 27 September 2020, 23:31:35 »
Behold, the thing that makes the Orion reign supreme in 3025:

Max armor 75 tonner at less than 1350 is ridiculous.

I took a look at that design since I did not know when you mentioned it and I saw it on Sarna and wondered what they used the rest of the tonnage after replacing the missile launcher.  I looked it up on mechlab and saw that they gave it more heat sinks and that looked good but then I looked to see where they placed them.  In the legs that looks good.  Then I noticed that both srms are in the arms (so they moved the original SRM launcher along with adding one).

But then I noticed that they put the 2 tons of ammo for the SRMs in the one side torso with nothing else.  That orion is primed to blow worse than even the standard intro maruader though at least the orion has more armor.

ANS Kamas P81

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #91 on: 27 September 2020, 23:51:47 »
Battletech really suffered with the addition of unallocated heatsinks.  Too many torso bombs now compared to the old stats.

Greatclub

• Lieutenant
« Reply #92 on: 28 September 2020, 01:12:12 »
The V and VA do have them in the arms. It's just half the orions illustrated are frankenmechs  with arms from different variants.

Crimson Dawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #93 on: 28 September 2020, 01:54:40 »
I would frankenmech the thing to have the laser only arms and stuff those srms into the space the original had missile launchers so at least that way you only have a 50% chance of blowing up with successful critical to the left torso.

Elmoth

• Captain
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #94 on: 28 September 2020, 02:55:31 »
The thing that kills the mech for me is the LRM design. Only people with carded hair and potential glitter jackets should suffer from such shoulder pads. Yeah, it was the 80's but even low-style 80s had better taste than that.

Stormy

• Corporal
  • Old is the New New
« Reply #95 on: 28 September 2020, 16:43:32 »
...well, I just got my 'Confirm Your Shipping Address' message along with a cut-off of 10/2/20 at 1800.

So that's good news. :)

Edited to eliminate repetition

MarauderD

• Captain
« Reply #96 on: 28 September 2020, 16:47:17 »
...well, I just got my 'Confirm Your Shipping Address' message along with a cut-off of 10/2/20 at 1800.

So that's good news. :)

Edited to eliminate repetition

Wait, what about a cut-off? 

Colt Ward

• Colonel
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #97 on: 28 September 2020, 16:53:09 »
Fix your address by X or you are SOL?  Pretty standard . .
Colt Ward

Beware the vengeance of a patient man.
Clan Invasion Backer #149

Stormy

• Corporal
  • Old is the New New
« Reply #98 on: 28 September 2020, 16:56:46 »
Yup -- I mean, it'd make sense. After all, we want them to actually ship Wave One, right?

qc mech3

• Warrant Officer
  • Mon pays, ce n'est pas un pays. C'est l'hiver.
« Reply #99 on: 28 September 2020, 17:00:00 »
Same here. Also discovered that shipping will be done by FedEx. I should be seeing a box on my porch in the next two weeks.  :drool: :drool: :drool:

I only hope that nothing will be missing because I can imagine the SNAFU it will cause in the communication department.  xp xp

LightGuard

• Master Sergeant
  • They called him Camouflage
« Reply #100 on: 28 September 2020, 17:27:58 »
Same here. Also discovered that shipping will be done by FedEx. I should be seeing a box on my porch in the next two weeks.  :drool: :drool: :drool:

I only hope that nothing will be missing because I can imagine the SNAFU it will cause in the communication department.  xp xp

Ah. FedEx. :ticked:

Excuse me while I prep the paperwork for lost or damaged packages. Maybe I'll get lucky, but I won't hold my breath.

Looking forward to it shipping though.
The Things I Do for Love...

Do not try to apply real-world logic to Battletech.  Naught lies there but madness and ruin. - moneylovingogre4hire

That's fine, then.  I've been waiting since 2014 or so, what's another year?  Time laughs at all things, but BattleTech laughs at time.  Then launches a trial of possession for it. - rebs

MarauderD

• Captain
« Reply #101 on: 28 September 2020, 17:44:36 »
Ah. FedEx. :ticked:

Excuse me while I prep the paperwork for lost or damaged packages. Maybe I'll get lucky, but I won't hold my breath.

Looking forward to it shipping though.

We ship hundreds of packages a day through FedEx and UPS as part of our business and both services are strained to the max by Covid.  I wish FedEx best of luck on delivering our preciouses.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #102 on: 28 September 2020, 18:55:46 »
I wish it hadn't been FedEx.  USPS and UPS deliver to my building without any problem.  FedEx only delivers when everyone is at work.

DarkSpade

• Captain
« Reply #103 on: 28 September 2020, 20:03:11 »
I'm never home when UPS shows up so I always get a note telling me I can pick it up at the Boost Mobile any time after 4:30pm that day.  When I get to the Boost Mobile at 5pm I'm told, "Sorry man, they make one stop in the morning and that's it. Check tomorrow."

And that's why anything expensive I know isn't coming through the post office I ship to my sister's house where my mom is always home and never misses a doorbell.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Wolf72

• Lieutenant
« Reply #104 on: 28 September 2020, 20:07:19 »
I wish it hadn't been FedEx.  USPS and UPS deliver to my building without any problem.  FedEx only delivers when everyone is at work.

Our nearest center is about 45 minutes away, on good traffic days.  IF you can get there before they close.

However, recently (4 years+ ish?) they partnered with Walgreens and have a drop off center very close.  I've picked up packages from there after the regularly delivery hours.

I would rather USPS, then UPS, ... then FedEx though.  They love to drop off at 12pm when you've requested an after 3pm drop off.
War does not determine who is right, only who is left. -- said no Clanner ... ever!

KS #1357

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Colonel
  • Wipe your mouth!
« Reply #105 on: 28 September 2020, 20:18:15 »

Can you have the package delivered to where you work?  I used to do that when FedEx insisted that someone had to be home to sign for the delivery after I checked the "just leave it, no signature" box.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

NeonKnight

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
  • Lemme Talk to the Manager!
« Reply #106 on: 28 September 2020, 20:37:06 »
FedEx is a double edged sword for me.

My LEGO orders all come via FedEx, but a shipped within Canada, and have never had an issue.

Two years ago, Brent from CGL sent me two of the new BOX SETS via fedEx from Seattle to Vancouver. No issue on the shipping, but fedEx had the unadultered audacity to then send me a bill a few weeks later for around $50 for the 'privilige' of handling the border transaction.

I phoned them and told them to get bent and that I wasn;t paying. Under Canadian law, you cannot charge someone for a service after the fact. Any charges have to be agreed to/disclosed up front.

Delivering me a package, and then sending me a bill after the fact is a No-No. As, under the law, I would then have the option to decline.

So, as long as the fedEx is coming from within Canada, I'll be ok, but if coming from the the states....Yeah, I'm gonna be wary.
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #107 on: 28 September 2020, 20:45:24 »
Can you have the package delivered to where you work?  I used to do that when FedEx insisted that someone had to be home to sign for the delivery after I checked the "just leave it, no signature" box.
If I’m lucky, they’ll hand it off to the post office. If not, I’ll go the Walgreens route.

Crimson Dawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #108 on: 28 September 2020, 21:01:59 »
Funny enough where my mom lives a number of the smaller communities in upstate NY apparently often get their FedEx and UPS deliveries via the USPS because neither company wants to go out to these smaller communities.

Syzyx

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #109 on: 28 September 2020, 21:16:47 »
That's not just the little towns in upstate NY. Happens in Rochester, too.
But as a matter of fact I was quite busy getting potty-trained at the time and had no time for interstellar politics.- ykonoclast

Crimson Dawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #110 on: 28 September 2020, 21:29:15 »
That's not just the little towns in upstate NY. Happens in Rochester, too.

Wow I am not so surprised about small communities in the southern tier like Candor or Spencer NY have that happen but Rochester actually has people in it (not as many as there used to be but it still is a city).

MarauderCH IIC

• Sergeant
« Reply #111 on: 28 September 2020, 21:29:52 »
I'm never home when UPS shows up so I always get a note telling me I can pick it up at the Boost Mobile any time after 4:30pm that day.  When I get to the Boost Mobile at 5pm I'm told, "Sorry man, they make one stop in the morning and that's it. Check tomorrow."

And that's why anything expensive I know isn't coming through the post office I ship to my sister's house where my mom is always home and never misses a doorbell.

Take the day off that it is supposed to arrive!

pixelgeek

• Master Sergeant
    • My blog
« Reply #112 on: 28 September 2020, 21:34:02 »
In Canada the only thing worse than Fed Ex is UPS. Thankfully someone is always home here now so no ridiculous trips out to the Fed Ex depot for missed parcels. 

qc mech3

• Warrant Officer
  • Mon pays, ce n'est pas un pays. C'est l'hiver.
« Reply #113 on: 28 September 2020, 22:01:58 »
In Canada the only thing worse than Fed Ex is UPS. Thankfully someone is always home here now so no ridiculous trips out to the Fed Ex depot for missed parcels.

You can say that again. In a previous job, we had to deliver parts we worked on (in Montreal) to the customer (in Ontario) via UPS. They tried to charge us and the customer for border fees. You can guess what they were told.  xp xp xp

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #114 on: 28 September 2020, 23:37:20 »
I'm just hoping the box isn't too huge.  Mine's going to a diplomatic pouch, and there are strict limits on package dimensions.  I'd hate for it to get kicked back to Catalyst as undeliverable.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Greatclub

• Lieutenant
« Reply #115 on: 29 September 2020, 00:41:30 »
depends if they come in the retail boxes. those look huge.

Sharpnel

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Up, up and away!
« Reply #116 on: 29 September 2020, 01:42:35 »
Is there someone we can contact to get this confirmation e-mail? or a place to update said info.
Consigliere Trygg Bender, KGC-01BL King Crab, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, VND-1R Vindicator 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company
Tai-i Shizuko Lofgren, Third Infantry Company, Oniwaka

The Honor of Men cannot be bound by the words of Fools - Marco Hietala
"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
It's an Omni, so I can build it into whatever I please - JHB
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #117 on: 29 September 2020, 03:19:58 »
Is there someone we can contact to get this confirmation e-mail? or a place to update said info.

If you sign in to the Crowdox website, click on the View Confirmation option for your survey and scroll down to the end, there's an option to edit your delivery address.  I just checked and it's currently live.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
    • My Author Website
« Reply #118 on: 29 September 2020, 05:00:11 »

Quartermaster is sending out the emails. Right now I assume the ones getting the email are the people whose fulfillment center has everything in stock. So, if you haven't gotten any email, just wait a couple days. QML will get to you, too. :)
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Captain
« Reply #119 on: 29 September 2020, 07:40:00 »
Doorbell? I have never had any of the four, FedEx, UPS, USPS, & Amazon knock or ring the doorbell. Right now I'm working from home and where I work is a front room between the garage and the front door. I can hear the trucks driving on the street and I'll get the delivery notice (Amazon) without hearing anything.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

Register