Register Register

Author Topic: Left over mechs.  (Read 700 times)

midway

• Private
Left over mechs.
« on: 19 August 2022, 15:31:45 »
I play mainly FRR , DC, and CGB. I have several minis I don't know what to do with. Direwolf, Stone Rhino, Battle Master, Ebon Jaguar, Crossbow, Rifleman, Hellbringer, Thunderbolt, Marauder, Exterminator, Battle Cobra, Sentinel, Mercury, Stinger, Locust.

Syzyx

• Warrant Officer
Re: Left over mechs.
« Reply #1 on: 19 August 2022, 15:39:17 »
Well, the DC has plenty of Dire Wolves, Ebon Jaguars, Riflemen, BattleMasters, and Marauders between their fights with the Smoke Jaguars and the FedSuns, so those can easily fit in with those forces as salvage. And the Sentinel, Exterminator, and Mercury could easily have been accidentally shipped in with the rest of the 'mistake' lot from ComStar.

The Ghost Bears will certainly have a good share of Dire Wolves, Ebon Jaguars, Crossbows, Hellbringers, and Stone Rhinos just for being clan and having some from this or that trial. Add to that the Thunderbolts, Marauders, Riflemen, and BattleMasters from fighting with the Lyrans and you have a good case for a second-line force.

The FRR bought anything and everything they could get, plus whatever was gifted to them from various sources. I wouldn't see anything from your list as truly amiss in a Rasalhague force.

Regarding the Stinger and Locust, everyone in the Inner Sphere has those in abundance, so FRR and DC forces could easily use them.
But as a matter of fact I was quite busy getting potty-trained at the time and had no time for interstellar politics.- ykonoclast

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #2 on: 19 August 2022, 15:40:49 »
Wel the DC will have plenty of Smoke Jaguar salvage, so the Dire Wolf  Stone Rhino, Ebon Jaguar can fit in there

Conversely  you could put all the Clan Mechs into the Bears...the Crossbow and Battle Cobra would be kind of out of place, but not imoossible

EDIT: what Syzyx said
"I'll give the Bears this... they do not care about "being clan" one bit, and they own it." - cold1

"Question: Under zellbrigen, how does one engage Shadow Divisions?
Answer: With orbital bombardment."

73rd Battle Cluster - The Lash

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 19 August 2022, 16:06:13 »
Concur with the people posting before me.  I don't see a single IS mech on that list that doesn't slot in just fine with the FRR or Combine.  Ditto for the clan mechs and CGB.  You could pick a new faction, but if you want to round out your forces with those, it will work perfectly. 

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #4 on: 19 August 2022, 16:27:19 »
OR . . . split them into some generic camo schemes; Woodlands, Desert, Arctic, etc.  They could slot in w/o being a opposing faction and would let you take two of the same basic chassis while keeping them distinct.

Supposing you have a TBolt as part of your Drac forces already, paint another in Desert colors and you can field them both on the table at the same time with no confusion.  The Drac paint job is the TDR-5S, the Desert camo one is the TDR-5SS- as an example.
Colt Ward

Beware the vengeance of a patient man.
Clan Invasion Backer #149
Leviathans #104

carlisimo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #5 on: 19 August 2022, 18:08:22 »
I play mainly FRR , DC, and CGB. I have several minis I don't know what to do with.

Paint them up as your enemies so you can make them go pew pew at each other when you're supposed to be working.  Or paint up some a star Nova Cats and two and a half lances of Inner Sphere mercenaries.

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #6 on: 19 August 2022, 19:59:20 »
OR . . . split them into some generic camo schemes; Woodlands, Desert, Arctic, etc.  They could slot in w/o being a opposing faction and would let you take two of the same basic chassis while keeping them distinct.

+1
It's what I do.
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #7 on: 20 August 2022, 17:19:56 »
I play mainly FRR , DC, and CGB. I have several minis I don't know what to do with. Direwolf, Stone Rhino, Battle Master, Ebon Jaguar, Crossbow, Rifleman, Hellbringer, Thunderbolt, Marauder, Exterminator, Battle Cobra, Sentinel, Mercury, Stinger, Locust.

That's a nice problem to have.  :)

I'm guessing Clan Invasion.
http://www.masterunitlist.info/Era/FactionEraDetails?FactionId=28&EraId=13
http://www.masterunitlist.info/Era/FactionEraDetails?FactionId=27&EraId=13
http://www.masterunitlist.info/Era/FactionEraDetails?FactionId=11&EraId=13

The Stinger, Locust, Rifleman, Marauder, and Thunderbolt are used by the FRR and DC.
The BattleMaster is used by the DC and IS General.
The Sentinel and Exterminator are listed as used by the DC.
The Direwolf, Stone Rhino, Ebon Jaguar, Hellbringer are used by the Ghost Bears. 

If you wanted you could have a Comstar "training" unit to help the FRR. Comstar would also have access to all the IS mechs including the Mercury. The Battle Cobra could be salvage from Tukkayid.

Col Toda

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: 25 August 2022, 09:56:52 »
The only Clan mech I kept as salvage in the invaskion Era is the Stone Rhino  . Standard Fusion Engine , Standard Armor and Standard  Internal structure . Gauss ammo that could be made in any foundry . Only the arms with free CASE was needed to be aquired as needed . Regretfully the Clans wised up and later models had Clan Endo Steel and other Clan only componants.  Eventually I had to phase them out but between  3050 to 3062 I kept two in my order of battle . By 3068 got rid of nearly all Clan models . A slavaged Stone Rhino was my favorite unit to use .

Register