Register Register

Author Topic: Mercenaries Kickstart Discussion 2: Contract Negotiations Begin  (Read 67142 times)

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Useless and I didn't even get to be pretty
    • Master Unit List
Re: Mercenaries Kickstart Discussion 2: Contract Negotiations Begin
« Reply #1470 on: 19 October 2022, 16:58:09 »
that's correct, yes

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Colonel
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #1471 on: 19 October 2022, 18:22:45 »
But as mechs like the Mackie and Woodsman have shown, "extinct" doesn't really mean much for a mech.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

ANS Kamas P81

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1472 on: 19 October 2022, 18:45:11 »
Mercenaries Kickstarter Discussion 3: PPC Riders and LRM Clauses?
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #1473 on: 19 October 2022, 19:27:26 »
Wasn't there an entry in TRO: 3050 saying that there were essentially just two Shogun mechs known to be in existence in the early years of the Jihad?  Of course, the source would not have known about any 2nd line forces used in Clan homeworlds.

Fortunately for the Shogun it is no longer the early years of the Jihad on many tables.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Useless and I didn't even get to be pretty
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1474 on: 19 October 2022, 19:33:34 »
relax everyone. if it ends up the new recguides, it will receive a free factory constituted from the void at which time i will push for goons-only distribution because, if anything, i am fully committed to the bit

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Hellraiser

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #1475 on: 19 October 2022, 19:39:34 »
Wolfnet Episode 50 mentioned that vees would amount to 25% of the KS designs.

Excluding the "Objective" vees (Mobile HQ, MLT, Mash), we've got 14 non-Mech units (taking
into account the ASF, but without the Battle Armor).

That's exactly 1/4 of the 56 candidates (57 with the Battle Armor) for the Mercenaries KS shown/
mentioned/hinted at at this point.

Even if another design pops up, it doesn't necessarily mean it will be in the KS (see what happened
to the Galahad when the Grizzly showed up).

Potentially, they might spring a surprise with the Grand Crusader and friends, adding another three
Mechs for a Comstar-flavoured ForcePack. Personally, I'm expecting the current line-up to be it..

Thanks for the Breakdown DFA!
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Hellraiser

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1476 on: 19 October 2022, 19:44:37 »
Wasn't there an entry in TRO: 3050 saying that there were essentially just two Shogun mechs known to be in existence in the early years of the Jihad?  Of course, the source would not have known about any 2nd line forces used in Clan homeworlds.
Yes.
The Dragoons never fielded many of them but the # never dwindled either till the Jihad.
IIRC There was even a World Wide Scenario 1 year where the results would decide if the Shogun was extinct or if enough survived to be reproduced or something like that.
The game I played in was decidedly in the favor of the Blakists/Wannamakers with something like Reg/Vet Assault mechs up against Super Elite Lights from the Blackwidow Company and there is only so much a 1/2 in a Hornet/Valkyrie/Firefly/Whatever can do against a C3i Highlander.

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #1477 on: 19 October 2022, 19:46:19 »
Ultimately, it comes down to the sheer number of die rolls you make...  ^-^

Hellraiser

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1478 on: 19 October 2022, 19:46:46 »
But as mechs like the Mackie and Woodsman have shown, "extinct" doesn't really mean much for a mech.
In my world it will always exist because I own 2 in metal & will likely have a 3rd via the KS.
And I refuse to NOT use my toys dangit!

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #1479 on: 19 October 2022, 19:48:42 »
The very essence of contract negotiations!  8)

Hellraiser

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1480 on: 19 October 2022, 20:06:16 »
Exactly.  And speaking of negotiations, I went ahead & moved to a new thread since we appear capped.

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/general-discussion/mercenaries-kickstart-discussion-3-securing-salvage-rights/

Wargame_insomniac

• Sergeant
« Reply #1481 on: 21 October 2022, 15:58:06 »
In my world it will always exist because I own 2 in metal & will likely have a 3rd via the KS.
And I refuse to NOT use my toys dangit!
If you can excuse the cross-IP saying:
This is the Way!
:)