Register Register

Author Topic: New and Upcoming Releases II  (Read 105496 times)

solmanian

• Captain
Re: New and Upcoming Releases II
« Reply #930 on: 24 April 2015, 01:19:23 »
I don't know how to handle being in a world where HBHK has finally been published. This truly is the golden age of humanity.
Making the dark age a little brighter, one explosion at a time.
Have you met the clans? Words like "Naïve" and "misguided" are not enough to describe the notion that a conquest of the IS by the clans would result in a Utopian pacifistic society.

solmanian

• Captain
« Reply #931 on: 24 April 2015, 01:40:44 »
BTTP: Irian seems to have a problem... Bought it at the battleshop a couple of hours ago, but the download stopped before completing. I thought the problem was on my side, but now the links are dead.

http://bg.battletech.com/test/epubs/dark-age-turning-points-irian/
Have you met the clans? Words like "Naïve" and "misguided" are not enough to describe the notion that a conquest of the IS by the clans would result in a Utopian pacifistic society.

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #932 on: 24 April 2015, 01:45:18 »
Can people not prefix TP:Irian with BT? It makes it read like there's some sort of era I've missed

CungrVanck

• Warrant Officer
  • Inner Sphere Historian
« Reply #933 on: 24 April 2015, 13:58:34 »
I purchased both!  Gotta love the full planetary maps of these Turning Points items!  Helps to give the universe even more depth.

But, the prize is the Handbook Draconis Combine.  I have been waiting for this one for awhile and it was worth the wait!  Thanks!

So what's next in the pipeline?  Yes, I am greedy like that :)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #934 on: 24 April 2015, 17:35:43 »
How come their not putting in Dark Age in the name on the Battle Corp site? The pdf still has a Dark Age Turning Points on it.  It's labeled Battletech Turning Point.   I kinda like having the era the product is happening in the name..
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Adrian Gideon

• Battletech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #935 on: 24 April 2015, 20:31:58 »
The lines will be Turning Points and Operational Turning Points from now on. The eras are indicated by the Era Icons, and the planet names for the titles could eventually cause confusion, even if we expanded the lines to Star League Turning Points, Succession War Turning Points, and so on.

It won't change anything, just a step towards inclusiveness.  O0
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

solmanian

• Captain
« Reply #936 on: 24 April 2015, 21:19:55 »
Especially when some contain scenarios from several eras?

caioaf

• Sergeant
« Reply #937 on: 24 April 2015, 23:17:42 »
just a small thing, but Irian's product page still doesn't have the links for Battlecorps or DriveThruRPG

http://bg.battletech.com/test/epubs/dark-age-turning-points-irian/

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #938 on: 24 April 2015, 23:52:08 »
It was nice to see the fight on Irian was as messed up as I expected everyone really did throw the kitchen sink at it

The Marauder II I wasn't overly impressed with would have loved to see one that was really different like HAGs or a Long Tom something completely nuts maybe bombast lasers or Improved Heavies

The industrial mech support units and assignment tables were all very cool as was the map who knew it was so watery overall I'm not complaining a bit
The below link leads to a wiki page created by Wrangler.  It has links to the various pages of my AU.
https://battletechfanon.fandom.com/wiki/Alternate_Timeline_with_Thanks
For those looking for everything online I've also got them on the OurBattleTech website
https://www.ourbattletech.com/forum/index.php?board=76.0
As always please enjoy and if you have any questions about my AU (or want to chat about ideas I could incorporate into it) feel free to PM me.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #939 on: 25 April 2015, 00:26:39 »
The lines will be Turning Points and Operational Turning Points from now on. The eras are indicated by the Era Icons, and the planet names for the titles could eventually cause confusion, even if we expanded the lines to Star League Turning Points, Succession War Turning Points, and so on.

It won't change anything, just a step towards inclusiveness.  O0

Won't that cause confusion anyways?
With era name on it, least someone buying it will know when it's happening instantly.   
Hesperus II had multiple era conflicts on world for example,  From Age of War to Dark Age.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Adrian Gideon

• Battletech Developer
  • Major
« Reply #940 on: 25 April 2015, 10:57:24 »
No, it shouldn't.

The titles didn't conform to our era designations. By now, both Jihad and Dark Age are historical. And the title 'historical' itself doesn't give enough information while detracting from the concept of eras, as if it's of lesser importance or focus. Coupled with the planet name, it doesn't give enough of a distinct title and could potentially run into issues.

Your example is perfect. If we did two products, one for the 8th Battle of Hesperus II and the 13th Battle of Hesperus II, would they be called...Historical Turning Points: Hesperus II and Historical Turning Points: Hesperus II 2? More confusing. And expanding the titles to use the actual era designations would not help either, as you'd be simply replacing "Historical" with "Succession Wars."

No other print or PDF line has those designators, no reason for Turning Points to do so. Trust that this wasn't a whim.
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #941 on: 25 April 2015, 11:03:04 »
Your example is perfect. If we did two products, one for the 8th Battle of Hesperus II and the 13th Battle of Hesperus II, would they be called...Historical Turning Points: Hesperus II and Historical Turning Points: Hesperus II 2? More confusing. And expanding the titles to use the actual era designations would not help either, as you'd be simply replacing "Historical" with "Succession Wars."

Then someone goes and does the 10th Battle, would that be Historical Turning Points: Hesperus II 1.5 or Historical Turning Points: Hesperus II 3? That'd be a doozy!
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

solmanian

• Captain
« Reply #942 on: 25 April 2015, 12:13:38 »
Well Hesperus is kinda unique. I know a couple of them have already been done, but maybe we need a compendium of all the battles for Hesperus II together.

Adrian Gideon

• Battletech Developer
  • Major
« Reply #943 on: 25 April 2015, 16:40:23 »
There were some issues with the Irian map, and the PDF has been updated.
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #944 on: 25 April 2015, 16:47:17 »
On the topic of Irian; I like the MAD-6S but I'm curious about the reason for the rear facing AMS and its availability.

I also wonder how that rear facing AMS affects the unit's Alpha Strike stats.
Light Assault Group - An Orwellian appelation applied by the Draconis Combine to troops haphazardly equipped with whatever expendable equipment was lying around the maintenance yard, for the purpose of throwing their lives away for the greater glory of the Dragon, see also Human Bombs.

Maniac Actual

• Lieutenant
    • checkout my fantasy and SF writing
« Reply #945 on: 25 April 2015, 20:22:12 »
No, it shouldn't.

The titles didn't conform to our era designations. By now, both Jihad and Dark Age are historical. And the title 'historical' itself doesn't give enough information while detracting from the concept of eras, as if it's of lesser importance or focus. Coupled with the planet name, it doesn't give enough of a distinct title and could potentially run into issues.

No other print or PDF line has those designators, no reason for Turning Points to do so. Trust that this wasn't a whim.
How can the Dark Age be historical when it is the current point of the timeline (Not that we have seen anything to advance the timeline/tell the current story in a couple years now....)   :'(
AS may be as much a representation of the Battletech universe as the original tabletop game is, but if you tell someone "I'm playing Battletech" chances are, if they know what that is, they're going to take you to mean the original tabletop game. - Steve Restless

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #946 on: 25 April 2015, 21:45:46 »
How can the Dark Age be historical when it is the current point of the timeline (Not that we have seen anything to advance the timeline/tell the current story in a couple years now....)   :'(
How much time did we spend in the Jihad era? IMO, a BT book is a good BT book.
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

Fletch

• Captain
« Reply #947 on: 25 April 2015, 21:50:09 »

The plan would be to make the DA historical.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • All your tulips belong to us.
« Reply #948 on: 25 April 2015, 22:08:20 »

The just released Irian is historical and Dark Age.  It's not a current event. 
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets, Combat Manual Lite series [Steiner, Liao, Marik, Calderon, Invading Clans, Comstar. Also Record Sheets for the CM: Kurita and CM: Mercs unique pilots]

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #949 on: 25 April 2015, 23:44:20 »

What is current  ;););)
The below link leads to a wiki page created by Wrangler.  It has links to the various pages of my AU.
https://battletechfanon.fandom.com/wiki/Alternate_Timeline_with_Thanks
For those looking for everything online I've also got them on the OurBattleTech website
https://www.ourbattletech.com/forum/index.php?board=76.0
As always please enjoy and if you have any questions about my AU (or want to chat about ideas I could incorporate into it) feel free to PM me.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #950 on: 25 April 2015, 23:56:38 »
I would say 3145?
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets, Combat Manual Lite series [Steiner, Liao, Marik, Calderon, Invading Clans, Comstar. Also Record Sheets for the CM: Kurita and CM: Mercs unique pilots]

Maniac Actual

• Lieutenant
    • checkout my fantasy and SF writing
« Reply #951 on: 26 April 2015, 18:32:05 »
So the Dark Age is over by the current point in the timeline?  I was under the impression that we were still in the Dark Age.  If not, what it the current time period called?
AS may be as much a representation of the Battletech universe as the original tabletop game is, but if you tell someone "I'm playing Battletech" chances are, if they know what that is, they're going to take you to mean the original tabletop game. - Steve Restless

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #952 on: 26 April 2015, 18:37:02 »
I didn't say the era was over.  I said the particular battle in TP Irian is history.   

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #953 on: 26 April 2015, 18:57:27 »
I am forced to agree with those who would prefer that the era covered by the Turning Points book be part of the title. Drop "Historical," yes, but replace it with "Fourth Succession War," "Dark Age," etc. Save the basic "Turning Points" for those products that cover multiple eras, which would preferably have titles more imaginative than just the planet name ("Turning Points: The Battles of Hesperus" for example).
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #954 on: 27 April 2015, 07:56:58 »
I agree with ColBosch.  I prefer that Era name being included in the product's name as well. It just helps keep things straight and more organized at a glance when your looking through your computer.  Only other solution would be to have years or Decades "Turning Points 3130s: Irian". 

Generic names for products is bad when you have a lot of them and good chance you'll have similarly named ones.  The streamline name, takes away the uniqueness of individual product away.

GhostBear

• Former something-something.
  • Captain
  • And....out.
    • One world at a time...
« Reply #955 on: 27 April 2015, 08:11:44 »
I agree with ColBosch.  I prefer that Era name being included in the product's name as well. It just helps keep things straight and more organized at a glance when your looking through your computer.  Only other solution would be to have years or Decades "Turning Points 3130s: Irian". 

Generic names for products is bad when you have a lot of them and good chance you'll have similarly named ones.  The streamline name, takes away the uniqueness of individual product away.

Just look at the era symbol on the back cover (or the product info page). That's what they're for.

It's more streamlined for product, business, and other reasons to move away from the "era" (and I use the term loosely, because that's not what it really is) in the title. And honestly, for the Turning Points, there were only 'three' eras used - Historical, Dark Age, and Jihad. Those were put in use at a time when we were putting out products across THREE active streams. That's no longer the case, so there's little sense to keep doing that. EVERYTHING from this point out prior to 3145 is "historical" so there's no point in continuing a practice that is now outmoded. No need to keep muddying the waters. The era symbols are enough.

Change is hard. But in the end, it's what's happening.

Field Manuals, Era Reports, and TROs will retain specific years in the titles, as always. Beyond that, 'era' nomenclature is not necessary.
I was something-something. Once.

JadeHellbringer

• This Space Intentionally Left Blank
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • TurquoiseKitFox!
« Reply #956 on: 27 April 2015, 08:30:27 »
You're saying we're never going to get 'Future Turning Points'...?

("Brought to you by the makers of 'Surrender Your Dreams' comes a visionary look into the future..." *cue Conan O'Brien singing 'In The Year 4000'*)
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Jal Phoenix

• CamoSpecs
  • Major
  • Once, we had gods.
« Reply #957 on: 27 April 2015, 08:35:05 »
I think he's referring to checking out the PDFs in a directory.  If you have all your Turning Points in one directory, having them say DTP, HTP, etc, makes it easier to keep track of.  If you're me and original title purity is important for collection purposes, renaming them is out.  Best recommendation is a different subdirectory for each Turning Point era.

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #958 on: 27 April 2015, 08:38:55 »
Everything before 3145 is historical.  We're not making books for 3 different streams.

I smell progress!
And it smells AWESOME!
 O0

To the patient go the spoils

Maingunnery

• Major
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #959 on: 27 April 2015, 08:39:36 »
I think he's referring to checking out the PDFs in a directory.  If you have all your Turning Points in one directory, having them say DTP, HTP, etc, makes it easier to keep track of.  If you're me and original title purity is important for collection purposes, renaming them is out.  Best recommendation is a different subdirectory for each Turning Point era.
Personally I am happy that they are just use 'TP' for them, using DTP and HTP just messes up a general directory.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

Fan XTRO: The Society