Register Register

Author Topic: outreach invasion 3052  (Read 1037 times)

cawest

• Captain
outreach invasion 3052
« on: 08 March 2022, 22:19:51 »
Okay was talking with some people and they said that the Capellan Confederation invaded Outreach while most of the unit was fighting the clan in the Combine.  if this is true what book or source covers this.  would like to know what sized unit, name, and any other details. 

General308

• Captain
Re: outreach invasion 3052
« Reply #1 on: 08 March 2022, 22:25:40 »
Didn't happen.

guardiandashi

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 08 March 2022, 23:39:17 »
Okay was talking with some people and they said that the Capellan Confederation invaded Outreach while most of the unit was fighting the clan in the Combine.  if this is true what book or source covers this.  would like to know what sized unit, name, and any other details.
it was a bit later and it was WOB, and their pawns that attacked outreach and committed some pretty serious war crimes

cawest

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 08 March 2022, 23:45:24 »
it was a bit later and it was WOB, and their pawns that attacked outreach and committed some pretty serious war crimes

the take was that it was a raid paid for by Romano Liao.  i just wanted to make sure for my Fanfic. 

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #4 on: 08 March 2022, 23:48:17 »

There are zero details on what happened or exactly when, but the novel Wolf Pack has a scene of some training exercises taking place amidst the wrecks of Capellan 'Mechs that had raided the world and been destroyed by the Dragoons at some unspecified time in the past. 
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

guardiandashi

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 08 March 2022, 23:52:04 »
the take was that it was a raid paid for by Romano Liao.  i just wanted to make sure for my Fanfic.
it was essentially another try of the NAIS raid by comstar where they pretended to be LAIO death commandos of course that one was discovered to be a fake raid because the "laio" unit was confirmed to be somewhere else at the same time, altho I don't think davion ever really figured out who really done it except by process of elimination which made Hanse pretty suspicious of comstar.

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #6 on: 09 March 2022, 05:52:53 »
it was essentially another try of the NAIS raid by comstar where they pretended to be LAIO death commandos of course that one was discovered to be a fake raid because the "laio" unit was confirmed to be somewhere else at the same time, altho I don't think davion ever really figured out who really done it except by process of elimination which made Hanse pretty suspicious of comstar.

This is an entirely different event.  As Mendrugo mentioned, one of the opening chapters of Wolf Pack (Elson's Trial of Position, IIRC), mentions a recent unsuccessful raid on the planet by Liao forces.  The remains of some of the mechs were used as an ambush point by Elson's Elementals.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #7 on: 09 March 2022, 10:01:27 »
Facts vs conjecture . . . but yeah, it would make sense for ROM to try when the bulk of the Dragoons were away.  It would also make sense for Romano to lash out in spite after having been on Outreach.

It was 5 or 6 years later that Sunny 'granted' them the world IIRC?
Colt Ward

Beware the vengeance of a patient man.
Clan Invasion Backer #149
Leviathans #104

Hellraiser

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #8 on: 09 March 2022, 11:53:37 »
It was 5 or 6 years later that Sunny 'granted' them the world IIRC?

He pulled that w/ Outreach too?

I thought it was Northwind that he did that.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #9 on: 09 March 2022, 11:59:12 »
Well, to be fair, it is easier to gift something you don't actually own. 

BrianDavion

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: 09 March 2022, 16:39:41 »
By the way guys, I'm totally gifting you New York City... ain't I so generous :)

CVB

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: 09 March 2022, 17:05:38 »
Don't you plan to invade it on your wedding day?
"Wars result when one side either misjudges its chances or wishes to commit suicide; and not even Masada began as a suicide attempt. In general, both warring parties expect to win. In the event, they are wrong more than half the time."
- David Drake

I'm willing to suspend my disbelief, but I'm not willing to hang it by the neck until it's dead, dead, dead!

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #12 on: 09 March 2022, 17:07:33 »
He pulled that w/ Outreach too?

I thought it was Northwind that he did that.

Pretty sure it got named drop along with the Dragoons laughing it off.
Colt Ward

Beware the vengeance of a patient man.
Clan Invasion Backer #149
Leviathans #104

Register