Register Register

Author Topic: Printer won't print alpha strike cards  (Read 1520 times)

DarkJaguar

• Master Sergeant
Printer won't print alpha strike cards
« on: 20 February 2016, 15:22:39 »
Hey everyone.  So, my group and I tried to print off Alpha strike cards at an office depot, but they won't print them because of the copyright mark on the right margin.  I'm pretty sure we're allowed to print the cards off the MUL, so is there a paragraph somewherects that says this?  I can't find anything other than that they are free for download.

Euphonium

• Captain
  • Look Ma, no Faction!
Re: Printer won't print alpha strike cards
« Reply #1 on: 21 February 2016, 10:34:56 »
I can't find anything either. If no-one else on can find it, I'd suggest posting in the "Ask the Writers" forum.
>>>>[You're only jealous because the voices don't talk to you]<<<<

Vaaish

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 22 February 2016, 10:19:56 »
I had this happen with record sheets a while back and they did print them after I signed a waiver. Somehow you paying for a print out works out to using the sheets for commercial purposes for the printer.

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 22 February 2016, 15:35:09 »
I'm not exactly sure what TPTB's stance is on the MUL cards.  They don't want us posting them here in the forum but yet the cards are freely available for download on an affiliated site.

I honestly can't guess whether they would give a blessing to printing MUL cards off at Kinkos or not.  Of course, it's a moot point for now with the .pdf generator being down...  You have to manually compile your own sets of cards, and it's easy enough to just stick a thumbdrive into a Kinko's printer and print them yourself from your own file w/o involvement from the staff there.

Bosefius

• Will Moderate for Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 22 February 2016, 16:17:24 »
I'm not exactly sure what TPTB's stance is on the MUL cards.  They don't want us posting them here in the forum but yet the cards are freely available for download on an affiliated site.

I honestly can't guess whether they would give a blessing to printing MUL cards off at Kinkos or not.  Of course, it's a moot point for now with the .pdf generator being down...  You have to manually compile your own sets of cards, and it's easy enough to just stick a thumbdrive into a Kinko's printer and print them yourself from your own file w/o involvement from the staff there.

Actually they don't want them repackaged and distributed, they want it handled through the MUL site itself. Hence asking for links to be used.

And, as an aside, Kinko's is still around? I haven't seen one in more than a decade. Color me shocked.
Catalyst Demo Agent #221, Huntington, WV

It's times like this I ask myself "What would Jabba the Hutt do?"

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #5 on: 22 February 2016, 16:32:55 »
And, as an aside, Kinko's is still around? I haven't seen one in more than a decade. Color me shocked.
They are now a part of the Fedex occupation zone.

Bosefius

• Will Moderate for Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #6 on: 22 February 2016, 18:49:51 »
They are now a part of the Fedex occupation zone.

LOL, I really thought they were completely gone. So many fond memories of taking in record sheet books (early-mid 1990s) to photocopy sheets for games, getting books spiral bound for easier access, etc.
Catalyst Demo Agent #221, Huntington, WV

It's times like this I ask myself "What would Jabba the Hutt do?"