Register Register

Author Topic: Things I would love to see (that would probably lose money)  (Read 6712 times)

VensersRevenge

• Warrant Officer
  • Is this the real life...
Re: Things I would love to see (that would probably lose money)
« Reply #60 on: 11 August 2022, 17:46:01 »
A complete re-write of Hour of the Wolf, and to a lesser extent IlClan, that portrays the Republic as competent before they are defeated.
...Is this just fantasy?
Playing in Kingston Ontario
Message if you want to organize a game

General308

• Captain
« Reply #61 on: 11 August 2022, 21:47:40 »
A complete re-write of Hour of the Wolf, and to a lesser extent IlClan, that portrays the Republic as competent before they are defeated.

Why sometimes the bad guys are not competent.   Especially not when they put a really old man who was clearly stoned in charge.   Besides it is their own fault they didn't learn to play RISK.     

Seriously it isn't like the Smoke Jaquars were any more competent when they got anihilated or the Clans on Tuykiadd. Or the Falcan gaurds when they let them selfs get destroyed by 1 guy.

Oh yea.... I forgot this is products that would lose money..... :thumbsup:

bobthecoward

• Captain
« Reply #62 on: 11 August 2022, 22:13:38 »
Why sometimes the bad guys are not competent.   Especially not when they put a really old man who was clearly stoned in charge.   Besides it is their own fault they didn't learn to play RISK.     

Seriously it isn't like the Smoke Jaquars were any more competent when they got anihilated or the Clans on Tuykiadd. Or the Falcan gaurds when they let them selfs get destroyed by 1 guy.

Oh yea.... I forgot this is products that would lose money..... :thumbsup:

A Schmetzer version of HotW is just a better product that gives voice to both sides of the debate.

Now that I think about it....I think schmetzer would have a great, credulous take on all those losers in those fights.

pokefan548

• Lieutenant
  • The Barracuda knows where it is, hence the -2 mod.
    • Poke's Aerospace Academy (Discord Server)
« Reply #63 on: 11 August 2022, 22:30:34 »
No, we can't have a nuanced Battle of Terra! Turn the difficulty slider down, the Wolves must win because

On the topic of ilClan and Wolf Plot Armor, would not mind a rewrite of the naval engagement by Craig Reed. ilClan just sort of skims over the actual naval conflict in incredibly broad strokes to instead focus on the Wolves throwing solahma Elementals at space stations. Because I guess even in aerospace engagements aerospace units aren't allowed to have nice things these days.

Craig's work on Icons of War included a masterful representation of large craft operations. The only thing I took exception to was the fact that none of the pursuers in those chapters ever thought to launch capital missiles bearings-only, especially the last one; everything else was spot-on and the decisions made and ideas presented by the cast make perfect sense in both established fluff and crunch. And he did all that in a great novel primarily about the exploits of Elementals willing to perform some pretty crazy stunts in a desperate situation.

And then I look at the naval engagement in ilClan and I just... shake my head in disappointment. I don't mind that the book highlighted a special group of elementals on a daring boarding action. I mind that it almost completely eclipsed the aerospace battle going on at the same time.
We need to consign Battle Armor to near extinction, they're drawing attention away from the focus of the universe, clearly =P
« Last Edit: 11 August 2022, 22:33:04 by pokefan548 »
Poke's Aerospace Academy
The best place to learn and discuss AeroTech.

BattleTech players: Throwing the baby out with the bathwater since 1984!
"Poke is just a figment of our imagination really." - Siam
"Poke isn't a real person, he's just an algorithm programmed by CGL to try and get people to try the aerospace rules." - Phantasm
"I want to plant the meat eating trees and the meat growing trees on the same planet! Watch that plant on plant violence!" - Sawtooth

five_corparty

• Lieutenant
« Reply #64 on: 12 August 2022, 10:36:31 »
   An in-depth field manual for the Word of Blake during the entirety of the Jihad. Deeper looks at each of the units including the Thuggees and mercenaries. Plus all the bios for various WOB characters we only have a bare mention of. I know it’s a divisive period but it’s easily become my favorite era. Herb and everyone else should be proud.

I don't think the Historicals Series sells well, but a "Historical: Jihad" would be AMAZING. :-)  (edit: I ALSO will +1 to the whole team that worked on the Jihad, taking an issue they were left to overcome by Wizkids making the time skip and turning it into a cohesive, playable, readable era.  That was hard as HELL, and while we all probably have quibbles here and there, the end result is PRETTY BLOODY AMAZING and just a testament to a lot of hard work by a really, really dedicated, talented team)

I also -love- the idea of maybe seeing updated protos in box sets down the road.
« Last Edit: 12 August 2022, 10:41:33 by five_corparty »

pokefan548

• Lieutenant
  • The Barracuda knows where it is, hence the -2 mod.
    • Poke's Aerospace Academy (Discord Server)
« Reply #65 on: 12 August 2022, 12:19:08 »
   An in-depth field manual for the Word of Blake during the entirety of the Jihad. Deeper looks at each of the units including the Thuggees and mercenaries. Plus all the bios for various WOB characters we only have a bare mention of. I know it’s a divisive period but it’s easily become my favorite era. Herb and everyone else should be proud.
Pssst... check out Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents if you haven't already.
Poke's Aerospace Academy
The best place to learn and discuss AeroTech.

BattleTech players: Throwing the baby out with the bathwater since 1984!
"Poke is just a figment of our imagination really." - Siam
"Poke isn't a real person, he's just an algorithm programmed by CGL to try and get people to try the aerospace rules." - Phantasm
"I want to plant the meat eating trees and the meat growing trees on the same planet! Watch that plant on plant violence!" - Sawtooth

VensersRevenge

• Warrant Officer
  • Is this the real life...
« Reply #66 on: 12 August 2022, 13:34:35 »
A complete Rememberance from every Clan from founding until destruction, the end of the Wars of the Reavings, or 3150 depending on Clan.
...Is this just fantasy?
Playing in Kingston Ontario
Message if you want to organize a game

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #67 on: 12 August 2022, 16:03:50 »
TRO: FrankenMech!
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

Failure16

• Lieutenant
  • Better Days
« Reply #68 on: 12 August 2022, 18:17:50 »
The complete, unabridged, fully annotated Ares Conventions, complete with the signatory document. On original parchment, ideally.
Thought I might get a rocket ride when I was a child.          We are the wild youth, 
But it was a lie, that I told myself                                          Chasing visions of our futures.
When I needed something good.                                            One day we'll reveal the truth,
At 17, I had a better dream; now I'm 33, and it isn't me.        That one will die before he gets there.

But I'd think of something better if I could
                           --E. Tonra
--A. Duritz

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #69 on: 12 August 2022, 19:38:39 »

I don't think the Historicals Series sells well, but a "Historical: Jihad" would be AMAZING. :-)  (edit: I ALSO will +1 to the whole team that worked on the Jihad, taking an issue they were left to overcome by Wizkids making the time skip and turning it into a cohesive, playable, readable era.  That was hard as HELL, and while we all probably have quibbles here and there, the end result is PRETTY BLOODY AMAZING and just a testament to a lot of hard work by a really, really dedicated, talented team)

I also -love- the idea of maybe seeing updated protos in box sets down the road.

Thanks for the kind words, Gold and Five! Glad you enjoyed them; it was a pretty challenging time.

- Herb

KayEmm

• Corporal
« Reply #70 on: 12 August 2022, 21:24:39 »

How about a rewrite of Hour with a competent author?
Alaric Ward and WarBear - the ultimate Dark Age OTP

klarg1

• Captain
« Reply #71 on: 12 August 2022, 21:31:37 »
The complete, unabridged, fully annotated Ares Conventions, complete with the signatory document. On original parchment, ideally.

That would, I’ll admit, be pretty cool.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • I can and I will make you use a Garm
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #72 on: 12 August 2022, 23:59:21 »
it was on flash paper. how do you think they dropped it so fast in the age of war

Failure16

• Lieutenant
  • Better Days
« Reply #73 on: 13 August 2022, 00:13:06 »
it was on flash paper. how do you think they dropped it so fast in the age of war

Then they should sell like hotcakes.
Thought I might get a rocket ride when I was a child.          We are the wild youth, 
But it was a lie, that I told myself                                          Chasing visions of our futures.
When I needed something good.                                            One day we'll reveal the truth,
At 17, I had a better dream; now I'm 33, and it isn't me.        That one will die before he gets there.

But I'd think of something better if I could
                           --E. Tonra
--A. Duritz

Geg

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
    • Jade Corsair
« Reply #74 on: 13 August 2022, 16:35:59 »
A Schmetzer version of HotW is just a better product that gives voice to both sides of the debate.

Now that I think about it....I think schmetzer would have a great, credulous take on all those losers in those fights.

I would Kickstart this at the Kerensky Level.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #75 on: 13 August 2022, 17:17:40 »
In the guaranteed to lose money category: a free AToW supplement with the 3025 adjustments to factions (like an Era Report, and yes ER: 3052 has some of this already).  I figure something under a dozen pages and posted on the official site as a free download.  I think the insight into ongoing demand for that era would be worth it to TPTB, but that's just this grognard's opinion.

Richard S.

• Sergeant
  • Coming through
« Reply #76 on: 13 August 2022, 17:25:11 »
Ooh, that makes me think of another one: reprints of the original house books with brand new art.

Tyrant

• Sergeant
« Reply #77 on: 13 August 2022, 17:31:03 »
You guys joke about the Quikscell sheet but that kind of thing would be kind of cool in the Mercenary boxed set. Barring a separate sheet, make it a page in whatever form the lore book for the set takes. Or have a couple be separate pages and make it a running gag throughout the book along with some other adds for mercenary work or outfits to join. Close with an ad for Solaris 7 in case they want to go there next. Maybe show some examples of things like C-Bills in there as well.

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #78 on: 13 August 2022, 17:47:40 »
Ooh, that makes me think of another one: reprints of the original house books with brand new art.
and perhaps minor tweaks here and there to incorporate the lore that was added retroactively after those books went oop

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #79 on: 13 August 2022, 17:59:00 »
That would be great too... those books had a lot in them that seems to be missing from the more recent publications.

klarg1

• Captain
« Reply #80 on: 13 August 2022, 20:04:26 »
Life size, marble busts of James McKenna, Ian Cameron, and Stefan Amaris.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #81 on: 13 August 2022, 20:07:50 »
Now that's just hilarious!  ;D

bobthecoward

• Captain
« Reply #82 on: 13 August 2022, 20:09:18 »
That would be great too... those books had a lot in them that seems to be missing from the more recent publications.

Has anything topped House Kurita in covering the 20th through 26th century?

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #83 on: 13 August 2022, 20:15:33 »
I thought the Star League book was pretty good on that score...  :thumbsup:

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #84 on: 14 August 2022, 01:02:57 »
Full size posters…. No banners! Of the original cover of DRT at every convention or display selling Battletech.

Sorry 2am thoughts….

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #85 on: 14 August 2022, 19:09:37 »
I would love more posters! The best thing about the Kickstarter is I got a lot of posters!
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

500 is the number of Warships just passed the 567
 Battlemechs I now own.

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #86 on: 14 August 2022, 19:59:15 »
I would settle for a art book myself but yes, more art!
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #87 on: 14 August 2022, 20:48:33 »
New WarShip TRO with every WarShip class previously mentioned but not shown (don't think there's many to be fair)

New WarShips produced by the ilClan, SLDF, Clans and Succession States

And Pocket WarShips, DropShips, Space Stations and fighters

Thanks for the kind words, Gold and Five! Glad you enjoyed them; it was a pretty challenging time.

- Herb

I hated the Jihad, DA when it started for where it was going

By the end I loved it thanks to the writing minus the hate on Shipyards - destroy all the WarShips you want that's what they are for >:D

« Last Edit: 14 August 2022, 20:52:41 by Dragon Cat »
Below are links to my fan fiction pages.

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/fan-fiction/alternate-timeline-with-thanks-(full)/

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/fan-fiction/alternate-timeline-with-thanks-full-part-2/

As always please enjoy and if you have any questions about my AU (or want to chat about ideas I could incorporate into it) feel free to PM me.

nova_dew

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #88 on: 15 August 2022, 06:07:14 »
Life sized posters of all the CGL staff and freelancers cosplaying as Urban mechs.
a ppv stream of the CGL and freelancers playing human Battletech, cosplaying as their unit, much like human chess
Come to think of it, they might both make money, there really needs to be a silly stuff (that isn't too dangerous) you'd pay the CGLs team do that's battletech related thread.

oww the team skydiving while dressed as LAMs, it'd be one hell of a way to turn up at a convention... just saying.
A member of Clan Ghost Bears Legal Team

Elmoth

• Captain
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #89 on: 15 August 2022, 08:10:11 »
I see your staff cosplaying as mechs in a game. I eould male them charge and engage in coose combat.

Finny looks on monday at the office...

Register